Episode 2: Ross Kemp

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Jul 28, 2005 on BBC Two

• The "difficult 2th episode" ended up even better than the first one.

Another episode, another set. This time, Andy and Maggie are extras in a costume-drama, probably set around the Napoleon Wars. The opening scene starts with a sentimental goodbye between a woman and her husbond/boyfriend, which is about to leave for the front. What's hysterical about this scene is that when the cameras are closing up on the two of them, you are able to see an extra that are sneaking up behind them, trying to be a part of the scene. The extra who's doing this is of course Andy.

There is two guest-stars in this episode, Ross Kemp and Vinnie Jones. I have to admit that I don't really know who Ross Kemp is, other than the fact that he had a role in "Eastenders", but I believe that he have to be some sort of tough guy in that show. In this episode he try to convince Andy that he's a tough guy in real life too, by telling him how easy he could kick Vinnie Jones' ass. Well, the whole episode ends when Vinnie Jones hear about Kemp's bragging, and confront him on his set.

I felt that this episode was slightly better than the first episode. The sort of "dry humour" was more in focus, and it seemed like the actors were more comfortable with their role than in the first episode. This is definitively a show I will continue watching.