Extras

BBC Two (ended 2007)

Extras Fan Reviews (52)

• Another good show from Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant.

Recently there are not as many great comedies on TV anymore, most have finished up but there are still a few such as Scrubs and luckily Extras is one of the good ones.

To compare Extras to The Office would be unfair although it's hard not to simply because of the writers. The Office set the bar so high it's one of the funniest, best written shows around and the casting was prefect, Extras continues that.

I'm glad to see that they don't use the same jokes that they used in The Office and the show as a whole doesn't feel like The Office. Ricky Gervais and Ashley Jensen are great together as Andy and Maggie and Stephen Merchant as the Agent is hilarious and with a good list of guest start I think the show will continue to be good, in the first season the Kate Winslet and Patrick Stewart episodes were great.

I look forward to season two though I'm sure the DVD will be out before it airs on Australian TV.