TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

The Riddle of The Sphinx... or at least Egon's age in it!

shannonmuir

[1]Oct 28, 2006
    • level: 11

I noticed here that it is pointed out that the "Sphinx" has to take place before "Back in the Saddle" due to Egon's age.

That is CORRECT.

"Sphinx" is actually production number 102, the first script that came in after the "Darkness at Noon" pilot.  But for a variety of reasons it was the last to be finished, and in some markets the last to be aired.   (I know for a fact it was the last one aired in Los Angeles, but many other markets report the last episode to be "Witchy Women" which I've always found interesting). Since it was originally intended to immediately follow "Darkness at Noon," Egon's age in it is 39.

It went through a variety of Production Supervisors (a.k.a. Coordinators) overseeing it, but I never wound up with it.  I think ultimately it went through four different people, the first of whom got promoted and then it kept getting shuffled around as we added Production Supervisors.   We started with two and made it as high as six at one point, I stayed the longest overall but didn't see the show through post which is why even some of my episodes are shared credit.

Hope that clears stuff up.

Shannon Muir

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shannonmuir

[2]Oct 30, 2006
    I'll make sure a summarized version of this gets on episode trivia once they catch up with my other revisions.

shannonmuir

[3]Nov 2, 2006
    Now that I have editor privileges, did submit this... so even if the forum goes away or scrolls off, this bit of info is included.

LordGrievous

[4]Jan 27, 2007
    • level: 13
    Alot of the episodes seem out of order if you notice Eduardo didn't start learning to drive until "Ghost in the Machine' but he's been driving in many episodes before that and we see the ghost whale from "Moby Ghost" in "Slimer's Sacrifice" which aired before "Moby Ghost"