Extreme Makeover: Home Edition: How'd They Do That?

ABC (ended 2005)

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition: How'd They Do That? Fan Reviews (16)

• Extreme Makeover: Home Edition: How'd They Do That

best show ever bing it back on sunday
  • I wouldn't ask if we Didn't Need,A Struggle that been going on far to long...

Hi,I'm , Amelda , This is just as hard for me then the most I know, My husband Carl M. Jackson Been Working Hard Since we been together, He Pay All the Bills, Carnotes,Whatever what the Kids Need or What I need It's so hard because we can't even afford to go to the doctor for check ups we ain't had in years, I have lumps in my breast that I can't get checked out because we have no money after bills, This Is How we live our everyday life, Its hard when you have to choose between a Bill or Taking care of your Family, We been Struggling for so many years now,Our Kids Need And want so many things, But we just can't afford it, Our bills Take it all, I want to work ,I have always been a hard worker but No one wants to hire me right now we live in a rental home, but we always wanted something of our own something to leave our kids,So we can be comfrontable, My landlord living nice, this I know he couldn't survive one day in the house he rent us. My kids want there own rooms, we want rooms that's not close to the kitchen,My husband cut hair, he want a barber shop in the house but away from the house, Lord knows he want so much, And I hate I can't give it to him, He's the hardest working Man I know, My stress of things constantly making me Gain weight without me knowing I'm eating my stress away! All I want is to just be Stress free for once, Not worry about a Bill or my kids and husband well Being! We just wanna be Happy Again, So Ty And The Gang,I Hope you get this in time,School Is just right around the corner and We can't afford the things they need, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP BLESS YOU!
  • Family member who desperately needs a house..

My in-laws depserately need another place to live. They live in a 2 bedroom singlewide trailer. There is my mother-in-law, father-in-law, and their 3 kids. They have two girls and one boy; ages 16,15, and 13. It is very stressful to live like they do and deal with the problems that come with being a teenager. There is black mold all in the house and cracks and holes everywhere. The porch is about to fall through and the roof over the porch is about to cave in. The parents sleep in one room and the kids sleep in the living room. One on each couch and one on a mattress in the floor. They don't use the other room because it is hot and stinks because the bathroom carpet is ruined in that room. My father-in-law's mother left them this house in really bad shape. They don't have the money to move. It is already hard enough for them to pay bills and keep groceries in the house. They are really good people and deserve a house that they can call home. This place has drove the oldest daughter to the point where she doesn't even stay home. They have no room to breath or room for privacy. The oldest kid(daughter) isn't in school this year because they don't have the money for school clothes and barely had enough money to get the little bit of school supplies that they got for the other two. Please help them, they have struggled and struggled. They don't deserve to be stuck like this and it is really effecting these kids. They are the first ones to offer to help somebody who needs help. They would give the shirts off their back even though they don't have the money to buy another. These are good people and shouldn't have to live like this and they really need to get out from under this black mold. PLEASE consider helping them... you can contact me at brittany.stanford@student.wiregrass.edu They might have not done something extremely significant but this is probably the only chance they will have at getting another home. Thank you..
  • HEY TY AND GANG

MY NAME IS ALECIA MOSELEY AND I WOULD LIKE FOR YOU TO COME AND BUILD A HOME FOR MY FRIENDS THE ANDERSON-DAILY FAMILY/? THEY ARE RIGHT NOW LIVING IN TWO DIFFERENT TRAILERS THE MOM WHO LIVES ALONE JUST HAD LOST HER LEG AND IN DESPARTE NEED IN A NEW HOME TO WHERE SHE CAN'T GET AROUND THE PLACE WITH OUT ANY PROBLEMS I AM STAYING WITH HER HELPING 'HER DAUGHTER OUT BY CARING FOR WHILE SHE @ WORK. AS FOR HER FAMILY ARE LIVING IN A SINGLE WIDE TRAILER WHICH IS TOO SMALL FOR HER FAMILY WAY TOO CROWED TO GET AROUND THE PLACE. WE ARE LIVING IN A SMALL TOWN CALLED ASTATULA,FLA. SO PLZ HELP THESE PEOPLE THEY ALREADY HAVE A HARD TIME WITH KEEPING UP WITH THEIR BILLS AND I KNOW THAT THEIR OLDEST DAUGHTER WOULD LOVE TO HAVE HER OWN ROOM INSTEAD OF HAVING TO SHARE WITH HER TWO YEAR OLD SISTER THESE PEOPLE ARE SO NICE THEY TOOKME IN WHEN I DIDN'T HAVE A PLACE TO GO THAT IS HOW MUCH I KNOW THAT THEY DESERVE SOMETHING BETTER IN THEIR LIVES. SCORE IS A 10
  • Please help this family

Hello my name is Shari Aughtman, I am writing for the Johnson family in Wilson,NY. Yesterday their home exploded to bits and pieces, and they lost a family member, a 14 yr old girl. They are a loving caring working family, and had a beautiful home, And in a instant its all gone, The house was totally destroyed, and all that is left is rubble, no walls,, no possessions nothing what so ever. They are in hospital recovering and need help. If anyone needs you now its them. The community has been taking collections to help with clothing etc but they need a home. I watch your show and know you remodle home for people and rebuild, so please for the love of god help this family. thank you sincerely Shari Aughtman.
  • Why No Diversity?

I noticed while watching this show on several occasions, there is no diversity in the people that you help. It's always caucasion woman. What about men, black woman, Mexican's, whatever....... All races should be represented on this show. People of all races and background need help not just caucasion women.

Thanks
  • this show made me cry, laugh, and goosebumps all over. what a real hero this marine is, as a marine and a father.we should all follow his example. in many different ways.his life sends messages for all americans. thank you, trisha climie

your show on feb. 10, 2008, was fabulous. this wonderful man, and his children deserve the best, and ty, you guys did it! his story touched me in a way that is really hard to explain, except i am going to get involved in helping men and women and their families that need a extra help in their lives, from iraq tours of duty. we owe these wonderful men snd women our freedom. hearing, and seeing what these wonderful young people are doing for our country, for the first time,really hit home with me. thank you so much. patricia climie bellville, texas
  • i wish u were here!

hi! u r so good guys! i wish u were in my country and help here! but i am so happy that u can help people in USA! when i am whatching your show i imagine that its happens with my family and my summerhouse! sometimes i am crying, because i remember my dad,he was died 10 years ago! and all time i remember my childhood, because my dad wasnt just dad, he was my best friend too...ok, but its other story....just when i see that people can be so happy with your help, i am crying, because i am happy about them!
  • Hi, my name is Karen and this story was sent via e-mail through SisterWoman.com. I hope someone from the show will read this.

A Sister in Need of Our Support By: Sally Date: Sep. 21, 2007 Hello Sisters,

Happy Friday! I hope you're having a wonderful day. I received this message this morning from awesme19, one of our Sisters. I really wanted to share it with you because, as she points out, it really does affect every one of us.

Peace and love,
    Sally

awesme19 wrote:
    I wanted to share with you my story because I think it is unique and it effects every single American. On May 8th, 2007, my little brother, SPC Shane Nault was critically injured in Iraq when an IED exploded on the driver side of the hummer in which he was driving. Shrapnel entered in his left temple and exited right above his right eye. He lost 25% of the left side of his brain (basically the front half) and suffered a severe stroke somewhere between Iraq, Germany and the United States. We spent six weeks in Bethesda, MD with him at the Bethesda Naval Medical Center where he underwent many surgeries and ups and downs. He was then brought closer to home to the VA Medical Center in Minneapolis, MN in June. He sometimes says random words, he is completely blind, in fact his left eye is gone, he is partially deaf and they feel he doesn't even know that his right side of his body exists. He responds to me more than anyone else when I come to visit (which is every weekend) and it has been that way since he got here. He is considered still half comatose...which is hard to understand unless you see him yourself. My parents are flying with him back to Bethesda in October where they will put a new skull on and try to rebuild his eye sockets (from the nose up all the bones were like rice krispies). When they return he will have to stay at the VA until we build a suitable home for him to come home to. My dad had to quit his job and he stays at the Fisher House in Minneapolis, MN and cares for my brother everyday for a merely $600 and some odd dollar paycheck a month. My mother has multiple sclerosis and with all of the stress that this has caused the disease has caused her to loose her eyesight and she is now on full disability which at 47 years old is not much. My little brother is only 20 by the way, he will be 21 Nov. 19th. We are having a benefit September 30th, but it is not turning out too well, it is so sad how many people turn their backs to me when I ask for a donation for a raffle prize. My aunt is also putting on a benefit in October. We also have a benefit fund set up at Charter Bank in Eau Claire. However, no one seems to follow through on there promises, at first everyone was so concerned and always calling and helping out and now, only four months later, it seems everyone has forgotten. Yet we have to somehow come up with the funds to build a handicapped house with no income from the occupants, I can't help because I have recently become the single mother of two children, and noone to turn to. I wonder if you could not put this story out there and let people see what is really going on in the world, outside of Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan getting busted for something again. I think this is important and I just thought I would put it out there for you.

Please share this email with whomever you want too. You can also check out my brother's site at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/spcshanenault.
  • My story is about me being there for my aunt in need. She just recently lost her husband and his daughters lost a father. I wanted to be there because she has always been there for me. I love her with all my heart and couldn't do more than this.

Dear Extreme Makeover: Home Edition These past few years have been harsh. Well, for my aunt and my cousins. My Aunt Peggy has 4 daughters, 2 grandchildren, one on the way, and she had a husband. Her husband just recently past away a couple of days ago. He was diagnosed with M.S. My aunt has been there for me through thick and thin and now I want to be there for her for once. Her 2 oldest Savannah and Angela are twins. Angela has 2 children, David who is 5 and Xavier who is 8 months. They both don't have fathers but had a father figure in their grandpa. Savannah has a baby on the way and is due in July. Ashley, the third child, is always sick and needs to go to the hospital. Gabby, the youngest and the miracle baby, is deaf, has asthma, and is need for medicine all day long. Lastly, my aunt has had to deal with all of everything for the past 16 years. She hasn't had a job since I can remember. So, all of this was hard enough without a job and not getting paid for all the bills. I wanted to tell you the story of my family because I care. I want the best for them and for their future. Their house isn't in the best shape. They have 6 people living here and a dog. My uncle has just recently past away so it's been a hard couple days. Everyone is having a nervous breakdown and I wanted to be the one to make things better so they wouldn't have to worry too much. With all the bills and everything for the funeral and the wake, I'm not sure my aunt can make it on her own. So, if you can please listen to my story, then I'm sure it'll touch your heart.
  • Extreme Makeover: Home Edition: How'd They Do That?

1.5
    Extreme Makeover: Home Edition: How'd They Do That? Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is a very good show. When the team bulids a home{or anything else the family really wants and has to have} for famliy whos house just wont do. It seemed the question really was How'd They Do That. Extreme Makeover lacks telling us and showing us how the bulid stuff. Throught out the show it justs seems that we see the ty goofing off people shopping and or the family having a wonderful on vaction away from the trouble. I thought this show would be good. But saldey they lacked the magic of the first one. And then the question became Why did We Do That
  • As soon as I saw it I thought, "Didn't I see this already?"

The show Extreme Makeover Home Edition is with out a doubt an excellent show. However, there was no need to make a new show that was almost exactly the same. In How\'d They Do That there were a few extra details thrown in, but for the most part it was the same exact show. I think that How\'d They Do That would have had a lot of potential if the people that put it together put it together right. In How\'d They Do That they focused on the story and some of the construction. By following the story they repeated themselves. In How\'d They Do That they should have just focused on the construction. If they did this show may have be as big of a success as the first one.
  • There cannot be enough words to express the admiration and inspiration people should feel when they think of Ty and his crew. Thank you Extreme Home Makeover!

This show is so full of emotion – tears, laughter and a genuine caring for human beings. Ty, you and the whole Makeover crew have touched my heart deeply over and over, and I will continue to watch every season. We are also praying that you have found the tape we sent from Ohio for our friends, Larry and Deb. They are very proud people who would be upset with me for making this plea to help them. Larry has two kinds of cancer, received a stem cell transplant about a month ago and recently acquired a bacterial infection. He makes the two-hour trip from home to the Arthur James Cancer Center in Columbus 2-3 times per week to have his counts checked or a pet scan or some other unpleasant test. Please find this tape and see why Larry and his large family desperately need a germ-free home. Keep helping people Ty. And God bless you. Amy
  • Interesting...

I like to see how shows are done behind the sceens. Though I am not the biggest fan of the show, I love to see the steps that bring the end result. I would never tape the show to see it every week, but if its on and there is nothing on tv I will leave it on!
  • EXTREME MAKEOVER HOME EDITION IS THE BEST SHOW ON TV

extreme makeover home edition is the best show on tv the title is everything it shows how they build the amazing houses in one week and shows little projects that you can do at home... they could have a 24 hour extreme makeover home edition channel and thats all i'd watch
  • I don’t get the need for a different show.

6.6
    What exactly makes “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition: How’d They Do That?” a completely different show from “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition”? How much more detail is really needed to show how the houses are being made? I guess it would be interesting if they stopped to show how everything is built and how Ty’s bullhorn works and everything. It would seem that they still wouldn’t have time to show everything anyway. They could do an entire series showing how each thing was done and how all the materials were made and why Ty yells so much, but who want to watch all of that? Maybe just building more houses would be best.