Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

Harrison Family

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Oct 09, 2005 on ABC

• THIS time you did more than you know....

This family is amazing. Gordon and Beth have been the parents I wanted my children to have. I have not been doing my job properly. Thank you for showing me how it is done correctly....and the beautiful results of your TRUE labour....your beautiful family. May God forever bless you all.

Tracey
  • The Extreme Makeover Home Edition team goes to Bountiful, Utah, to help out the Harrison family.

I loved this episode. It is my favorite one from the third season of this show. I actually saw the house the night the family came home. I was told that the family was staying in a hotel for a few days. My guess is that it was because some things needed to dry or take a few days before they started working. Anyway, this was one of the best episodes I've ever seen. I have to say it is sad that Gordon couldn't live much longer in his house. I give this episode a five out of five for not failing to entertain me and because the house is about an hour away from my house.
  • Gordon Harrison has to put his cabinetry business on hold when he is diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. His wife starts a catering business to support he and three children. House falls into disrepair. During chemo, he helps friends makeover a kitchen.

The Harrison was such a great choice as he told how cancer had changed his view of life. His wife and children are so sweet. This was a repeat we saw, and they were so gracious. We were saddened to see that he has since passed away, but what a blessing for the family to have a beautiful haven to enjoy his last year with his family. You got there just in time - it was meant to be. God bless you.