Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

Hughes Family

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Feb 17, 2008 on ABC

• I love the program. is so nice to see that there are still people willing to help those in need. you all have a wonderful heart. i love the work you do. keep it up and God protect you all and give you a good life for many many years. thank you

i love the program, is so nice to see that there are still people willing to help those in need. you all have a wonderfull heart. i love the work you do. keep it up and god protect you all and give you a good lfe for many many years. thank you

• Amazing story of a family that would not give up on their son and how they work together to encourage one another.

This is the Best Episode Ever!!! For a long time I have felt that Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is one of the absolute best things on TV. It is one of the few things you can watch and not have to worry about cussing or some other negative thing. Any way this episode brought me to tears. The amazing spirit of this family and their overcoming son Patrick is such an inspiration. I have never seen a person with so little attain so much! To think that Patrick was born without eyes and with so many other birth defects, it is mind boggling how he learned to play the piano so well. I hope that this episode will eventually be released on DVD.
  • A remarkable inspiration to us all, thank you Hughes Family!!!

I must start by saying that Patrick Henry is a very special creation of God that inspires and changes people's thinking of life. I have the show recorded on my DVR and has been a tremendous inspiration and blessing to me and everyone else that has had the pleasure to experience it. I see Patrick Henry with more blessings and abilities than many of those who can see and walk. I really hope P.H persues music because I would be the first to purchase his CD. Thank you P.H for allowing me to experience your world and change my life. You are truly a very talented musician and an amazing human being!
  • Patrick is a very lucky kid.

A kid born blind in a wheelchair doesn't have much room to move aroudn in his house. The EMHE team come help Patrick and the Hughes Family to redecorate their room, including a stadium dedicated to the family. I really liked the rooms. Such as the Guitar Room, the Piano Room and Patrick's Room and it was a beauitiful house. I hope the Hughes are really happy now and this is a really special thing. So I hope Patrick is happy, real lucky happy. This is my review for EMHE for the Hughes Family episode. Thanks for reading! - Halo, Peace out!
  • Patrick Henry Hughes is a inspiration to many with extrodinary talent.

It was one of the most touching shows I have seen in awhile Patrick Henry is an amazing person with a bright and cheerful personality. And a great outlook on things he made me believe if you want something bad enough you can achieve it with work and dedication! I think everyone that knows him or has the chance to meet him should consider themselves blessed. He has extrodinary talent in music and I must say I lost it when he was playing the piano and singing at both the Lion King Production and at the end of the show he was sent to everyone for a reason and is a great inspiration
  • The most inspirational episode to date!!!! Patrick Hughes and his family are truly blessed!

I have been a faithful viewer of Extreme Home Makeover Home Edition since it's beginning and I must say that this episode was by far my favorite. What a truly inspiring episode!! Patrick Hughes is an example of how every American should be!!! I have never been so touched in all my life as I was watching him and his unique abilities. It was a reminder to all just how precious life is and how we should be so thankful for the things we do have in this life. Not only did Patrick touch my heart but his entire family did over and over in the two hour show. Having a son that played in the marching band myself, I was blown away that Mr. Hughes took the time to learn the marching steps for his son! There is not a better example of a parents love for their child. My hope is that everyone in this world would have the opportunity to see through Patricks eyes!
    God Bless you Patrick and your wonderful family! May you enjoy your new home and all the happy memories you will share there. OH! I'll be looking for that CD Patrick! To Ty and his Team.....You are all the best!!
    Thank you for making our world a better place!
  • I am not a big TV watcher, but yesterday I came home from an awesome weekend after getting engaged Friday night. I turned this episode on about half way through and was just inspired in such a incredible way.

I believe that marriage is such an awesome journey, but in that journey we are faced with challenges and sacrafices must be made. This episode captured that in it's most rare form. The love and support that the Hughes family shows for their son and brother shook me. These are the stories America and the rest of the world should be exposed to more so then some of the stuff we see on television. This is life, this is the real world, this is what builds character. Also, my man can rip it up on the ivory and he has a great blues/jazz voice. Was this his own song that he wrote? If not who is it and what is the title. I would love a recording of it.

Thank you Hughes family for your inspiration.
  • I never miss an episode of Extreme Makeover Home Edition and I am always touched by the stories but tonight's episode with the Hughes family just blew me away.

The Hughes just may be the most deserving family so far. You would at first glance think they had been dealt a tragedy beyond words. However, it became evident within the first five minutes of the show that,that simply is not the case. It is this viewers opinion that God gave the Hughes' family the most beautiful gifts, He blessed them first with each other and then along comes Patrick Henry who for all intents and purposes will be deprived of all the dreams a parent has for their child. One would assume that, well think again because nothing could be further from the truth.

The Hughes are blessed with two more sons and together they make the most beautiful family. With love and admiration and true dedication to each other they possess what few of us will ever experience. They were given this gift and now they have shared him with the world. Thank you. When Patrick Henry sat at his new piano and performed at the end of the show I was in awe and to be quite honest I just dissolved into a puddle of tears. Not out of sadness or pity but because he was able to touch my heart in a way that I've never experienced before. Kudos to the Extreme Makeover cast for introducing us to a young man who will undoubtedly leave a lasting impression on all he meets. Finally, when will Patrick be releasing his first Album, and it was a pleasure to meet all of the family and to share in their much deserved beautiful new home and life. Thank you again.
  • The extreme makeover team comes to Louisville, Ky to help out the hughes family. Patrick henry is a member of the Univeristy of Louisville marching band, and the team helps out by giving the field a tune-up, along with a plaque to commerate Patrick Henry.

This episode is exactly why I watch this series. And I am so happy to have this episode air because of the fact that I am from Louisville. This was a very heart felt and emotional episode; quite frankly it brought tears to my eyes. In this episode the hughes' family gets a beautiful new house, and I believe they definetly deserved it. For those of you that don't know Patrick Henry's story, he ws born blind and has disibilities, and yet, he still manages to be constantly happy plays the piano and the trumpet exceptionally well. Along with a beautiful new home, the extreme makeover team fixed up the football field on which the University of Louisville Marching band plays. This episode was great and I encourage others to watch this episode.