Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

ABC (ended 2012)

javnah

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Fan Reviews page 11 of 17

• The only "reality" show that comes even close to doing honour to the word reality...

...though I must admit, I don't watch it as religiously as I did when it first began airing. I still believe in the premise and its inspiring to see this kind of show conceived in the midst of all the other drivel "they" pass off as entertainment.
    It has recently begun to bother me that suppliers are getting their "plugs" in, surreptitiously at first, and now much more blatantly. I appreciated their efforts more when true altruism was the name of the game, but what can you do...
    I also wonder sometimes what happens to property taxes that the homeowners are now responsible for, and logistical details like that, but in no way does it detract from the true intent of the show and its gratifying to see real people get the break they deserve.
  • This is one of the absolutely best shows on TV right now!

We are totally enjoying the new Heroes series that is currently being aired. It is so nice to see these people that have been great role models in their community get something nice. Ty Pennington does a great job keeping the series interesting and funny. I hope somewhere along the line you can explain how you select the builders for these projects? How are you able to get all the permits and building inspections done so quickly? As well as other tips for building or remodeling a home. We have already purchased season one on DVD and look forward to the opportunity to be able to purchase seasons two through six.
  • Hy.my name is Szekely Katalin,i`m writing from Romania.I watch your show sometime,and i have a quastion. If someone have problems in Romania did you help them?Sorry but my English isn`t so good, but i think you understand it. Thanks for the help. Ketinke

Hy. my name is Szekely Katalin, i`m writing from Romania. I watch your show sometime, and i have a quastion. If someone have problems in Romania did you help them? Sorry but my English isn`t so good, but i think You understand it. Because here are many people, who need a help, but in Romania we doesn`t have any shows, where the peoples help someone. I watshed your show and I think i write an e-mail with my question. I would like to help someone, i would like to have to a new house, but here is not posible. Please write an answer. Thanks for the help. Best regards
    Ketinke
  • I do not like the fact that they go so over the top in rebuilding the homes. They could help more families if they cared to.

5.5
    The backyards look like resorts. The interiors are made for mega-celebrities. Most of the time the homes look rediculous on the street in which they reside. They could help 10+ families for the money they spend on one. Oftentimes the home could be remodeled instead of being torn down. Instead they do the whole bulldozer thing. It's distasteful and wasteful, particulary in this economy. The time is over for wasteful overindulgence. The blowhorns are childish. Ty Pennington and his tearful eyes look phoney baloney. Stop being a showcase for interior designers and builders and make dreams come true for more people.
  • This is 1 for the book, I was totally in tears all the way through.

I feel so bad for the family after there devasting loose of there father brother and husband, my only hope for theme is they can carry on with there lives.
    They now have a beautiful Castle to live in, and live in a great community. I'm proud to be an American and living in a Great Country were people still care about there next door nieghbors. The family can find a litttle comfort in knowing they are still together and have a great future to look foward to.
    This is 1 for the book, my wife and I were totally in tears all the way through.
    We watch this show faithfully every week. This is one of the best ones yet.
  • I watch this show everyday and its inspried me to nomitate my mom

becuase she has done so much for us ( her four children) and the community (as far as helping people and animals) she needs a new place she is 51, handicapped and has Detearior retna disorder. which basically means that she could lose her vcision at anytime. so please ABC help our mom for us my brother is in the process of doing the application. she really needs help. Thank you so much. I think that Ty and the rest of the crew does a amazing job with helping out all families in need, you are a god sent gift.
  • this for my mom . I dont know if this is the way i go or not . But my mom is 58 years old . She has had this trail for 21 years . My mom can afford to get a new one . Because she gets a check each month . and she has alot wrong with her

She has dibets heart problems high blood pressure , and alot more stuff .She cant really walk really good and she might have to go in a wheel chair sooner then we think . This house is not were a wheel chair can fit in it or neather can she get up the steps with it . We have a had to change all most all the light socks and everything and u still hear the poping in them . The bathroom dont flush right and its so cold in this house and we have to turn the heat up high . I do live with my mom so does my sister and her kids . And i have a new born baby . I just want to do something for my mom because she will not be here much long and i want her to have a place that she can spend the rest of her life happy and dont have to worry about fixing this stuff and that stuff . The walls are so thin the bath room floors are falling in . I know we might be better then somepeople but we live as a family and we try to fix everything in this house and everything . Please my mom or no one knows i am doing this . She does not go out of the house just when she goes to the dr and thats it . I want her to have a home that she can enjoy for the time she has hear with us . thank u i hope i hear from some one .
  • I am Trying to enter my family in your contest to get a home makover, but I can't seem to find an email so i can do so. so I thought this would be the next best thing.

I am Trying to enter my family in your contest to get a home makover, but I can't seem to find an email so i can do so. so I thought this would be the next best thing. My brother and his fiance have two children together and she has two children from a previous marriage and she also adopted her niece. They have been together for almost seven years and have been planing to get married for some time now, but it always seems that everything that can go wrong happens to them. They Bought A house five years ago in Port Sanilac MI., but before they bought the house it sat empty for five years. Kelly stays at home with my niece Penelope, she is three, and she has been trying to open her own daycare center, but they can't get their basement to stop flooding. A daycare would be nice in this area because the next closest one is fifteen to twenty minuts away. Now there is mold is the basesment and in the "master" bathroom, and it is really bad. My Brother Jason, has to have a white van for work and he had to buy what he could aford, so it is always breaking down on him and that makes him miss work, which means no money for the house, the kids or their wedding.The house isn't big enough for their children along, but she couldn;t watch her neice go into a home. It took them over a year just to build her room, Carly is fifteen and really needs her own room, but because the basement keeps flooding, they now have to take the money put aside for their wedding and redo her room. My nephews steven (12) and Jason (5) have to share a room and my neices Ashley (11) and Penelope (3) share a room. Jason and Kelly are so big heared that they would love to take in foster children but they don't have the room to, and that breaks their hearts. These are just a few things that have set them back in more ways than one. I'm not just doing this because they ae family but because they are good people and deserve this, and they struggle so hard and they deserve a new start. thank you for your time!! -Laura- joshandlauravarty@hotmail.com
  • I was totally blown away by this 2 hour episode show over 2 days where i live....Part 1, showing how this family lost their dad, who their dad was, and where they lived now, really hooked me in to watch part 2.

I was totally blown away by this 2 hour episode show over 2 days where i live....Part 1, showing how this family lost their dad, who their dad was, and where they lived now, really hooked me in to watch part 2. I had no idea how much the next episode was going to touch me...I pretty much cried through the whole show, the love that was so obvious from all the people whose lives had been touched by this family....I was so blown away that people could live with so much love in giving to others and I think what really hit me the most, was facing my own loss of my father when i was a baby. Because they kept going on about how losing your dad meant losing the provider and protector, I realised right then and there, just what my family lost too and I felt a new understanding towards my own mother and how much we as a family, all my siblings and mum had lost in losing our father too. I really want to keep this episode so i can show others, so Im looking to download it....this will touch everybody's heart. I now love this show and I am going to download and watch every episode when my uni semester is over.
  • I really enjoy this show also. I really want to register for my Aunt, she has 14 kids and they are all living in a double wide trailer. Her and her husbands are great people, but they are going threw tuff times. How do I register for them?

This is something they really need, especially with 14 children. If somebody could please get back to me or give me some information on how I could try to get this for them that would be great. They had to move out of there old house because they could not afford it and now there all in a double wide trailer. My uncle works two jobs just to pay bills. They are the most loving and caring people, and would do anything to help others I just think they deserve some help to them. I know it sounds crazy, but they really have 14 children. Thank you so much..
  • I love this show. It is inspiring. Showing that people can make a difference and help out those in need. Nearly every episode has brought me to tears.

I love this show. It is inspiring. Showing that people can make a difference and help out those in need. Nearly every episode has brought me to tears. To see the joy they bring to families is moving. We could learn so much from them. The communities come together and change lives. They get the job done in record time with many of the team members staying up all night. That is dedication. To be able to see how much people put into the job and see the end product is amazing. The families joy can be seen when they finally get to see their house.
  • A creative, uplifting, idea generating, philanthropic show which must be watched with a box of tissues.

Love this show. Find it uplifting because there are so many deserving families and we get to watch these communities come together to help. Makes you believe again in people. Ty seems to do everything in such a big way. I'm always amazed at the final reveal. Love his surprise room segment, too. I'm amazed by the creativity of design and how educational it is with all the steps involved in building logistics. We just had "IKE" in Houston and much is still left to do to get back to normal. Can't wait to watch this season, my DVR is already set up.
  • This is the best show I have seen in a long time. It shows the community comming toghther to help the less fortunate.My statement was a trend setter and thats exactly what the show is. I could watch it all day.

T.V has ran out of ideas and this show is the best yet please continue to air. You can practically feel the joy in the givers heart as well as the reciever.It shows communities comming together no matter what color, educational back ground or area of the city that you live in.I have seen all the different families that you have helped and it warms my heart. Please continue the good-work.Home maker overs cast is the best, you think of every thing and no stones are left un-turned. I wish you could come to my house. I
  • I watched the show a couple of times and I was appalled with the expense that was put in to one home.

The best thing I can say about the show is they do pick families that are deserving, but there are tons of deserving families out there. Why do they put so much into one house when what they spend on one house even with donated products they could help out so many more. I am not saying that the houses are't beautiful, but just think of the possibilities. Wouldn't quanity (being how many families helped) verses quality (being the elaborated house)be a little more realistic in the now. All Im saying is that in this day and age there are so many people that need a little help. Why not spread the kindness a little thinner.
  • Good cause??

3.9
    Ok yes these people are doing a great thing for these families and i am not gonna sit here and make fun of that but what i never got about this show is number one ok they put all this expensive stiff in some of these house's then they don't pay the bills so if this family couldn't get them paied before you just increased the problem trying to do a good deed i mean again i am not tryin g to make people mad number two they brodcast this on t.v. and they make these house's look real nice and all that and they take a tour through the house ok yeah cool right but how many of these houses do you think are either robed or someone tryed to rob it before the alarms went off i mean you just showed this nice house on live tv and yes theives watch tv to and it had all this nice stuff in it i mean it would be tempting to someone that does that for a living and again not trying to anger thw veiwers but third they go spend all this money on something like that in like a poor neighborhood when they could set something up to help out the whole comunity like a soup kitchen or something of that efect or they could just buld more then one houe they could build more then just one hosue for the people i mean yeah i dream house is nice but how about bringing some people back to earth why don't they just improve these people like rebuild there house but just like but the necesities inside not anythign really costy also not to big i mean a family of that was 5 that is now 4 does not need some big house that has like 6 bedroms ok they need three bedrooms that is it no more ok one for mom and dad and the other two for the kids but that is all i have to say about this show but yet again did not want to anger the veiwers just trying to tell you what i thnnk about this ok thanks for reading my reveiw
  • Angels Gone Constructive.

This is exactly why I have local channels. I love to watch shows like these. (Although I'm pretty sure cable has it too...) Come on. How often do you send a video in to a t.v. station and get a free house in return? Only on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. I just love Ty's voice. He would make a great actor. But he certainly does'nt need to act anything out for generosity. He has plenty of that already in his heart. I know Ty Pennington is a great man, along with the great other designers. The part I really love about the show is that they send them of to Disneyland or even a Cruise and they come home a week later and discover a brand-new house. That really touches my heart. God Bless you Extreme Makeover Home Edition. You're perfect.
  • Must see.

There is no way someone can watch this and NOT be touched by it. This show is amazing. What makes it so amazing is that Ty and everyone that is involved in creating the new homes for these families do not stop at making the new homes...they change these families' lives. They pay off debts, bring sick family members to the right hospitals for treatment/cures, help family businesses grow, etc... Everyone is struggling and when you see this show, it makes you think about what you can not only do for yourself and your family but others as well and it gives hope.
  • First week of April Arnold Chiari Malformation. A Disease????

Please research Arnold Chiari Malformation, it is not a disease, but a deformity from birth, that does not reveal itself until the youngester is in their teens, and go through growing phases. My two sons, Mike Medeiros, and Manny Medeiros, were both diagnosed with Arnold Chiari Malformation. It is not contageous, nor is it a progressive disease. Arnold Chiari ( the name of the physician that discovered it.

Malformation- Definition
    Abnormal developing, just as a "crocked bone", only there is an opening in the skull, where the base of the brain, grows past, cause the Celebeluim to be enlarged in the neck. This can lead to, entrapment and damage to the brain stem, which controls body movement( fine and gross motor control, walk, lifting, bending etc...( from the neck down). My son Mike suffered from loss of feeling in both arms, and pain in his back. His (long-gate)the actual length of the brain stem into the spinal area was only 3 cm and required surgery. Manny was losing his body control. He would be walking along with his classmates and just drop. Back around 1993-4 when both my son were operated on in Boston , at Boston Children's Hospital, by Dr.Gruamnorova, Neurosurgeon, she told me, it is very rare to have to children with it, in the same family.
    Many people will die at 90 years old, and never have a problem, others will, it depends on the serverity of the malformation. I sons did not have plate put in, there were problems already developing from it. My sons are now in their early 30's, they are 10 1/2 months apart, and they are active, normal work and live. They have children, and already two have been checked for it. I would refer these people to her, and see if she can help. Boston is always on the cutting edge of medicine, surgery and cures.

God Bless you and all your work. Doreen E Carter
  • great

i feel the show was awesome. i am touched inside every episode.while i was watching this latest episode i had many different thoughts running through my mind.my family and i rent our condo.my husband and i have been married 11 years and we have 2 boys.i have known my husband for 14 years,and of all those years he has been on workers comp at least 10 years.the first time a machine turned on by itself and crushed his fingers.the second time he hurt his ankle.we've woven bad credit partly because of this situation.all we due is struggle.i donot need the best home ever,but i would love to have my own home...especially for my boys.i thought that would be a good idea for the show.something different.a different way to touch a persons life even though they don't already own a home yet.on the show everyone who have been helped own something,what about the people who have had difficult times and would like to have their lives touched?????
  • amazing show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this show is amazing i great to see this kind of show on our tv cause everything these day it all reaily show and people doing dumb things. i think that what they do to help other people is great and they give it to familys that need a helping hand. to see how many people help and how fast and giving people can be. it great how they can do it in 7 days and how they work in any condtion to get it done. great show and i hope that they keep it up. it shows that in this wide crazy world that great things do happen to people that have had a bad patch in life. these thing give people hope and a new start.
  • we absolutely love your show! keep up the good work.

well this program is amazing i cant beilive how many people give up their time to help others that is amazing it not only that but its a program that the whole family can enjoy plus it touches everyone in the heart. how exactly do you find these needy people? not only do you repair lives but you give people a second chance and use eco friendly appliances ,a big step up in this world.kudos.i love the whole program keep up the amazing work love you guys.we will continue to watch.if ever your in miami fl make sure to stop by and say hi,velez family.
  • The show is great when you see a family that deserves it but when they choose to help a family that put themselves in the situation it's a pain to watch.

Yes, there's the family where the dad died, then the mom and her boyfriend were murdered, and everybody had to move in with their aunt and live in a house of 10 people. They deserved it.

Then there's the family who starts building a house knowing full well that he'll probably not be able to finishe it while the family stays in a dump of a house. During this time he also collects antiques instead of say saving that money for that house he's building. They do not need help. Some people will not learn unless it's painful to them and they needed to learn a lesson in pain, not learn that they could screw up the family and a miracle will come and help them out.

Generally I really like this show but when there's an episode with a family that doesn't deserve it in any way I turn it off. That comes to about 1/10 these days.
  • I love this show and it is one that me and my boys site and watch together. They like to see the houses being brought down and then rebuilt. They understand and always ask how they can help do things like that too. It means alot to me.

Daniel you are a true inspiration. I cried through the whole show. They were not tears of pity or sorrow but that of pride and inspiration. I am a single mom of 2 and we have had our ups and downs and I have often wondered how and if we would make it through the rough times. After watching this episode I know that we will be ok. Thank you devil dog! If I was there during the filming I would have jumped the fence and held you in my arms, you are a great dad and man. Thank you for serving this country!
  • Just saw the show featuring the Gilyeat family.What an inspiration for everyone watching!!!

A great show honoring a great American hero. The house was designed to accomodate Daniel's disability while giving the family the sense of freedom they all desperately needed. Congratulations to all of you for a tremedous job well done.Daniel is truly an American hero. He has been through a lot and deserved to be honored with the class that you provided. Daniel has a love of family and love of country that can never be taken away from him. You made it possible for him to care for his family with dignity and grace. Thanks for giving him the home he deserved and for a wonderful program-------------
  • Really enjoy the show, think it serves a purpose unlike most reality shows. Highlights a cause, and then turns the living situation into a positive new start. Only downside seems to be more and more product placements/tie ins every week.

Its a very good show. Enjoy the host and the cast. Like that they make a hero out of someone and highlights their accomplishments. Also like that each show seems to bring attention to a different living/family situation and/or living with a disability. Only downsides that I've seen is the product placements and Disney/Ford tie ins, seem to grow from week to week. Along with the usual 20 or 30 product placements, it almost seems that they have the need to run at least one or two Disney plugs and one or two Ford plugs every show. I really commend the idea and the enthusiasm, just wish the corporate weasels would back off a bit before they ruin it.
  • One ugly house!

4.6
    In the most recent edition of Extreme Home Makeover the design team creates a Frankenstein house in New Hampshire. Resembling a collision between a lighthouse and a barn, the house is painted in clashing puke green and orange. No need to worry about anyone getting near this home. But after all it is the thought that counts and now these deserving people have a home to live in which is a key to keeping everyone in the "heart of the family". Rumors are that they will have a Extreme Home Makeover Makeover to repaint this house and create a new roof line that will fit into the neighborhood.
  • This show is influential it makes people stop and think. The people on the show all have terrible problems and your thinking as you watch I am so glad there helping the people and thank god everyone in my family is healthy and then you get that phone call

I would like to send in a request for the show you help people all the time that already have homes, but what about helping someone that doesn't have a home that just lost everything because they found out their 31 year old daughter with 4 children has a rare type of cancer. She has moved in with her younger sister who has 3 children of her own and has just got guardianship of her younger sisters litter girl they are living in an apartment. Her mother is trying to take care of everyone but it is very hard. The daughter is going to have to go to another state for treatment and they are looking for a house to accommodate 11 people with a mother-in-law plan for the mom. If you can do something with that the show would even be greater then it already is. You would be helping someone who has nothing and taking the stress off the sick daughter that is worried about where her kids will live while she is gone having treatment for her cancer.I know this family could really use your help just like all the other families you have helped. Thank you for listening to my suggestion.
  • I want to take the time to let the cast of the show know that what you guys are doing for people around the world is absolutely amazing! I always wanted to help people the way you do! I hope you guys will please read this.

My name is Derek Jetter and I am Twenty years old. I have a story I would like to share with you guys so maybe you can help me out, to help someone very important to me. I know that sending in a video is what you guys perfer, but i dont own a camcorder and I didnt know any other way to get this to you and your team. My granfather has helped me out in so many ways growing up its overwhelming. I look up to him in many ways then he cant ever imagine. It just doesn't stop with me though. My mother and father had gotten divorced when i was nine. My father, brother, and myself came here to stay in Ohio. We had nowhere to go and my gandfather had taken us all in. Things didnt workout with my father and mother. At one point my brother and I had been in a foster home for a while, which made growing up a little hard, but once again my grandpa was there to take us in even when he didnt have the room to. He had three kids of his own and the three of us coming in at the same time. It was so bad that my grandpa had taken the back porch and turned it into a bedroom so we could have enough room for everyone in the house. My grandpa was a successful man at one time. He owned his own resturant when he lived in Florida until he went through a tragic event. He was hit by a car and it messed his leg up for life. It shaved half of his bone off and now he lives on disability for the rest of his life, not able to work. Today, two of his sons are moved out with kids of thier own and they have families. My brother is no longer here as well. He also has moved out and has a family of his own. Even before they were able to move out he gave them and thier families a place to live until they were able to do so. My grandpa, father, my grandpas youngest son, and I are still living here. I am due to have a little girl of my own on March 1, 2008 and start my own family. Once again my grandfather is going to give us shelter until we can get on our feet. I just dont no any way i could ever repay him. Hopefully you can help me achieve this task because I owe him a lot. Thank you so much for taking the time and patience to here what I had to say.
  • Inspired

I have a 10 year old daughter who has never had a hair cut.She wanted to let her hair grow to the floor. Her hair was everything to her .She was very proud of her hair.She loves to watch your show but this one show with the young girl with cancer and no hair really got to her.She donated her hair to help the young people with cancer. She donated 10 inches to locks of love.Even when many people told her not to cut it that she would regret it. She was proud to get it cut and to have it donated.
  • I love the EMHE shows very much. The work they do is heartfelt and perfect for this world. The show shows us that people can make the difference in a violent world, and give families some peace and reassurance that life isn't all bad

Living in Canada I am glad to see what the EMHE team does for families that are going through tough times for whatever reason. In this world with so much heartache and violence it is nice to see that there are people who do things out of the goodness of their hearts for others.This show shows the world that even though there are disasters around the world that are on TV, there are also disasters that aren't. In today's world we need to see that there are still personal disasters that can be helped to make the world a little brighter for families that can't see any light.
    For the ones who critize what this show does are people who haven't experienced any real hardships in life. Anyone who has had children with a sickness knows how impossible it is to get help from government or organizations some of the time.
    Keep up the good work as a parent I am glad that my children can see that there is still some goodness left in this world.I hope to be able to watch your show for another 5 yrs. I just wish we had a program like yours here in Canada as there are families here that could really use your help too.
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15