Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

ABC (ended 2012)

javnah

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Fan Reviews page 2 of 14

• Heart Transplant Patient needs help!

My wife needs a heart transplant and we are struggling financially because I am out of work. We live in my parent's house that was built in 1910 and is definitely in need of a make over. My wife is unable to walk up stairs and needs help with walking since suffering a mild stroke on 2/17/13. We would like to be considered for your show. 10
  • Please help my struggling family!

Hi, my name is Brittany. I am 22 years old, I have 1 brother and 1 sister and they live with my parents. My parents recently kicked me out because I didn't have the money to give them. But I still love them and I hope that they have an opportunity to live a better life.

10 years ago, my mom Marilyn married my step dad, Dave. We lived in Golden valley for a couple of years while we had a house being built here in Princeton, MN. Everything was fine until some financial problem occured. Since we have moved into the house in Princeton, we have been struggling to get by.

We had 6 deaths in the family... my mom lost 4 brothers, a sister, and her mother. All of that emotional stress has caused a spiraling depression, and she was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, and when she had gotten a shot to treat it, the doctor damaged her sciatic nerve, causing more pain. With all of the physical and emotional pain, my mother has not been able to work. We took in most of the belongings of those we lost, so we have NO ROOM in our house for anything! it's so cluttered and so messy, we have no idea what to do with it all! My mom doesn't want to sell it because it all has so much sentimental value...

Dave kicked it into overdrive and has started building his own business. He was a computer programmer for a while, and drove truck for a short while, and now he is working for his friend. We need a smaller house, or more room, or something!!! My little brother has nothing to do outside, he spends all day long inside with video games, which is not good! He needs to be outside exploring and building stuff and getting dirty! Dave needs a big, organized office for his work, Marilyn needs a room that she can relax in with her music (she loves classic rock like led zeppelin) and something theraputic that can help her get better! My sister is probably moving in with her boyfriend soon, so I don't think we need to do much with that. We just need all the help we can get. Despite the fact that they kicked me out for not having money, I still want to show them that I love them and that I appreciate all that they did for me. This would help them so so much!!
  • Disabled Vet's home ruined by contractor

My husband is a disabled Navy Vet. We hired a contractor to work on our home. We took out a second mortgage to fund it. There were many major mistakes made. as part of the job we paid for a new roof for our home. It has been nearly 4 years and it still leaks. We continued to talk to the contractor and he made empty promises of "making it right" We are trusting people and believed he wanted to do right by us. My husband uses a cane to walk and has been on the roof many times to make some repairs to slow the leak. We eventually consulted an attorney. unfortunately the statute of limitations has passed. We do not have the money to fix our home. We have a very unique house and love it very much. At this point we are praying that nothing falls apart. Since that time I have become injured as well. We have no hope of being able to fix our home.

My husband has started repairs to the interior of the house. Our bedroom and bathroom are torn up. Our basement had flooded and we removed all of the carpeting. As much as my husband would like to finish all of the projects in the house , he just can't. He was injured in a fire on a submarine. He saved a man's life and was given a medal in recognition of it. I am very proud to be his wife. I know it is difficult for him to look at all of the "construction " zones in our home while feeling helpless.

We spent $1000. on an engineer to look at our home to list the is scarey.

We have fought for every thing we have in life. We would be so grateful to be on a show to help us fix our dream home.
  • A Sterile Home for Gina

Please I really need your help. My niece Gina has recently been diagnosed with MULTIPLE MYELOMA

(Cancer of the Bone Marrow) Her home was purchased about 10 yrs ago as a fixer upper. Her husband

has been trying to do it all himself and now that his wife has come down with this terrible disease it has

become such a hardship for the whole family. Gina loves her dogs, however she cannot have them around after her stem cell transplant in Sept. 2013, and her home needs to be very sterile after she comes home from her 3 week stay at the CITY OF HOPE. Gina has taken care of her father in law for many years during his elder years, and always helped others. Can you please help Gina now that she can use the help during this terrible trial in her life?
  • Please Extrem make over I need your help

please we really, really need you guys help I'm mother of four kids 2boys and 2girls 8yrs,5yrs,3yrs,and 11/2yrs this is my first time purchased a house I did not know or check the bougrand of the house because I was so desperate to move out from the 2bedroom apt where I lived with my four kids, my husband ,and my mother-in-law for their health issues. My husband and my 2boys had an asthma because of the carpet and there was not enough ventilation coming in my apt. I decided to take them out from the apt by purchased a house now I am facing a big problem by stressing my self working two jobs in a group homes taking care of people with mental health and Drug abuse. and go to school now am planning to quit school because I can't concentrate anymore in my study. They denied me financial Aid I'm always thinking how to pay my mortgage, and how to raise money to fix the house some part of the house is falling. Now we on summer, we are facing mosquitos bite every night all the widow net are felt and some windows are broken please TY and some other Designers I really need you guys help for the sake of my kids and my husband whose were suffering from severe asthma. if you guys can help renew my house so we can have a fresh breath and healthy breath I and my family will be the happiest people on this earth.
  • always had second hand things.

3.5
    Hi i'm going to keep this short as possible i'm a single mom with 2boys age 5,14 since i've been a mom I have never had anything nice for myself or my apartments everything was always used which im not complaining because its a blessing no matter what but since i've been on my own now that im a mom I wish an always prayed to have a normal looking home i'm so depressed because your home should feel like home I have no furniture just mixed things old futon bedrooms broken beds my bedroom is no better I try to fixes it with things from cheap stores its just so depressing as a mom an a women I don't have anyone visit me because im so ashamed of my place I need so much help with giving my place that home feeling so please if you guys can help me that would be the most an best thing I could ever have thank you kindly team make over god bless genny:)
  • Please help us

My mom give everything to everyone and never get nothing back so please help my mom
  • please we could use some help

my name is connie and shawn and i have had 2 strokes and heart surgery,major back surgery and i have fibromoliga which keeps me in chronic pain all the cant even get a vehicle and shawn has trouble with jobs with no way and we rent and im not able to keep doing all this im 47 and i dont even have land for you to even build us a one level house as stairs hurts know you dont thik this is important but it is we have nothin we struggle so hard and im tired of struggling i would like some kind of help if you can help us please please do my disability check is 730 a month and rent is 600 and the house we live in is fallin apart in areas we are in canton ohio and would love to have a decent home and a vehicle in the country so i can have animals and im asking please help us thanks for connie maffei 832-775-3403
  • we need help! :(

hello, i am a sixteen year old girl. my dad started building a house for us to live in, but last year in august he got into a dirt bike accident. he shattered his femur and broke his jaw in three places. my eleven year old brother saw it the whole thing happened. he is in need of a knee replacement. when this occured he had surgery the next day after the day of the accident. he was rushed to the hospital. he is unable to build the house at this time. we were hoping to get in the house this summer but we are not able to now since he broke his leg. we are all sad that we wont be living in the house this summer, and im really hoping that you can help us. there is four of us in the family, me; a sixteeen year old, my brother who is eleven and my parents. we would love to be able to get the help from you guys. we would really appreciate the help, it would mean so much to us. if its possible, could you e-mail me back if you come upon this? its very important to my family and I. my mom has been so stressed out because of where we are living now. i dont like to see her like this. we started building the new house just up the road from where we live now. it was coming along nicely until my dad broke his leg. i was really really upset when that happened. i couldnt concentrate in school or anything. a new house would be the best present that i have ever gotten, and i couldn't ask for more. i think it would just make my mom so much happier. i'd rather have my mom happy then sad and stressed out, i've never seen her this down before. and we've lived in this house for about four years. i live with my grandmother, and we just want to move out.. so, if you come upon this, you please e-mail me:
  • we need you help

Extreme Makeover: Home my mane is yasin. i leave in maryland with my 10 brother and sisters our house is felling parts my dad is the only working my mom is not working 5 of us we leave sleep on the floor. i have i sister who is death hard to hear . this house only have 4 bedroom and

2 of 1 1/2 bathroom. the house is not big for us . i have 4 sister and 6 brother. in my live i never ask help for nobody and after i have see you guys what can u do for other people i know that you and brother are the best kind of people you can ask for help so pleas we needed your help so that we can leave a batter way of live like other people pleas help u . we are looking forward to get your help so please help us is my email. sincerity yasin
  • please help us!! 10

my husband of 34 years shot and killed himself in our bedroom. there is blood on the floor under where we took the carpet and padding up, blood on the ceilings and the walls. PLEASE- URGENT CAN YOU HELP US, MY CHILDREN AND GRAND DAUGHTERS LIVE HERE AND WE NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE i beg you, HELP US?

• i would like to help my wife

there was a double murder in southern il and it was my wifes daughter jessica evans and her boyfriend. they went fishing one nite and never came home. she was suppose to graduate this month. my wife is trying to be a nurse and thinks its her fault that this has happened. she needs ur help. we have an old country house that needs work. she really needs the help tho with the tuition in becoming a nurse. i love her very much and would love to see her happy name is rob surprenant and i live in norris city can u help!
  • Mother and disabled child need your extreme help.

My name is Elle, and I clean peoples yards and haul stuff with my trailor. I was referred to clean a ladies yard. When I arrived, She introduced me to her mentally challenged son. Also, she has heart problems and she has no income. The lady (Emley) has lived at the house since she was 2, her father also died that year and she has 9 brothers and sisters. Her mother had filled the pool in so the

children wouldn't drown. Emiley's mother is still alive at 95 and living with one of her daughters. Upon entering the home I couldn't believe my eyes. The home had barely had no furniture, the walls were falling apart, windows broken, the front door you can see the light on the top and bottom and everything is a disater. The kid has been begging his mom to dig up the pool and asking me if I was there to dig up the pool. Emiley, doesn't drive she has no car and rides a bicycle to the grocery store. She is constantly struggling but she seems to have good spirits.

I have been working there for a couple of weeks. I've come to know Emiley and she is a very giving person. I think that your show is wonderful I watch it every week, I'm one of your biggest fans and it amazes me to see how happy you make people and how their lives had changed because of your show. Maybe you could help her and her son to have it eaiser. I have refused to take her money for the

work, cried myself to sleep and dreamed about your show. That's when it occured to me that you and your show could perform miricles for Emiley and her son. I couldn't think of a more deserving person to help, that's why I wrote you this letter.

`There is so much more that I could tell you but I think that you should see it with your own eyes (from my lips to GOD's ears). I hope this letter reaches you. If you have any questions regarding this matter, please feel free to contact me at the phone number or email address, I have provided below.

1-424-224-3924

• I would just like to help my mom.

My name is Chloe, are house was full of molde are dad Shawn had to take out the walls the floors and closet my mom Sara tore threw her mcl and cant even go up the stairs without crying i dont want to watch her cry every night she has alot of brusies on her feet and arms she takes too much pills to keep her hair from fallling out she is on crutches forever whitch makes me so sad she has to stay home everytime we do something fun for are school but that doesnt bring me down shes my mom she will never bring me done please come help us my mom would love it i just wantes to see her bright smile and meen it
  • Please help!

My name is Pam. an EF 5 tornado recently hit Moore Oklahoma, taking out so many homes. i know someone already commented about this asking for help... but i wanted to also say something. No, im not from Moore and i was not affected by it. but i am an Oklahoman. and my state is in great need of help... please, help these poor victims, they have no home, no where to sleep, no food, all most of them have are the clothes on their backs.... please,someone help them.
  • Help

My name is Dawn Oswalt and I live in Oklahoma and was hoping maybe yall could help the victims in Moore Oklahoma a f5 tornado hit so many towns . I don't know anybody there but such disaster and I know any help is better than nothing. A lot of families lost so many loved ones and they r still looking for more survivors that haven't been found. I don't have much but ive sent what I could to help. I know you guys are very kind and caring. I just hope and pray for all those people. I feel so thankful that there was not anymore deaths. These people lost everything but they did not ever ounce give up and they sticked together. I may not have a lot but I do have a roof over my head and my two children are taken cared of. Please can uyou help in anyway . I cried when I saw what the tornado did to those neighborhood and children school but these people need help and a kind hand.
  • extreme home makeover edition

My name is April Johnson I in Houston tx I need home makeover for me and family mom is Mary Johnson she is mom she past way she has cancer she take lots meds My dad is Wesley Johnson he is my dad we did lots of bills lots today I need new room I like glee DVDs and CDs I lot i want glee room big time rush going help ya'll ok they are boy bead I got boyfriend form big time rush is carlos is my first real boyfriend
  • I'm 6 months pregnant and our house i falling apart , HELP !!!

Hello my name is Brittany, i'm 22 years old I live in Gastonia NC with my boyfriend and his mother. I am 6 months pregnant with my first child and our home needs a lot of fixing up to do. The kitchen floor is rotting and sinking in, the windows are busted and they don't fit in the frame, walls are falling apart, bathtub is going through the floor and the bathroom sink does not work, the rats and bugs have taken over. In the winter time it is freezing because of the cracks in the house we will have the heat all the way up to 80 degrees and it don't feel like the heat is on. In the summer time it is blazing and we don't have central air all we have is a fan and air conditioners and that does nothing.
  • a gift to a great dad whos sick

Hello im Hailley blush , im 19 years old and i was born and raised in Brooklyn New York

Currently my dad is Very Sick , he Lost alot of weight and lost his job to Serve Sickness . The Bathroom floor is Caving in and the Kitchen ceiling is falling , pipes broke and theres a hole in the floor , since my dad lost his job he has no money so when we eat we eat when we can , he's i his 60's and i dont know how much time i have with him but im trying my hardest to get a job but times are rough . if you could help this would mean alot
  • The Roof is Caving In, Help!!!!

I have friends of mine who's roof is caving in on them, and it's very scary. I'm scared for them and their children. Their roof was built and sits right on the walls and everything is cracking. They can't get help from anyone, not insurance, not the inspector, no one. This is so upsetting to be sleeping and in fear that their house will cave in on them. They need help, desparately!!!!
  • Review not a plea for help.

You guys do a lot for a lot of people and I thank you from the bottom of my heart that you guys do things the way you do them. You bring out the best in people while making those involved and those watching get all choked up with good emotions. I can't recall one show that didn't make me cry happy tears.

It's sad that you all get "Please Help" in this section when you should be getting ideas and opinions from your fans.

So please keep up the good work and keep making people happy.

"The past is who you were, The present is who you are, and the future is who you will become" Aimee Orion
  • We need help

Hi, my family of four was finally able to buy a house after my father in laws passing, as part of his last wishes. We fell in love with the house but realized there were some things that need fixed. Right away things started falling apart, and things have spiraled since then. My youngest daughter has Cerebral Palsey, the front steps need replaced, the basement has leaks, the back deck we had to rip out which has caused an eye sore, a large tree had to be removed causing the back yard to look horrible, and now the garage leaks water also. Any help we would appreciate.
  • please can you help me ?

SALMO : 105-104-VERZ: 2-7-42-43-44-45-A lui cantate, a lui inneggiate, mediante tutte le sue meraviglie. E' lui il Signore,nostro tutta la terra i suoi giudizi. Cosi si ricordato della sua parola Santa, data ad Abramo suo fatto uscire il suo popolo con esultanza, i suoi eletti con canti di gioia . Ha dato loro le terre delle nazioni, ed hanno ereditato ,il frutto, della fatica dei osservassero i suoi comandamenti, e perch custodissero le sue .

Vedere come operate per i poveri , per me, stato come ricevere un miraggio d' acqua nell'arido deserto della mia (nostra) povert , un' acqua , che ancor di pi, riaccende anch' essa , le mie , (nostre) speranze. Amico , (amici), buon giorno , mi chiamo Marianelli Maira , sono una ragazza , madre di due figli , sono orfana di babbo e mamma , dall'et , di 14-15 anni ; qualche mese f , vi mandai un messaggio, tramite un'agenzia di Pontedera probabile , che sia stato mandato in redazione , o forze non mai arrivato . Volevo farvi sapere , che non avendolo , avrei bisogno , di un mio personale compiuter , portatile , e di frequentare , alcuni corsi , di breve durata, in un mesetto dovrei bisogno da parte vostra,di qualche aiuto ; uno emergente, si tratta (se vi possibile), di mettere , su questo mio libretto, (Banca di Credito, Cooperativa di Castagneto Carducci, Libretto di Deposito a Risparmio ), almeno qualche mille euro, comunque qualcosa, per le spese di Pasqua ; la banca rimane aperta , dalle ore 8 alle ore 12e30 o 13 ; riapre alle ore 14e30 o 40 , fino alle ore 15e30 o 40 ; se non fate in tempo in banca , troverete,sicuramente aperte le poste di Rosignano Solvy in provincia di ( Li ) ,Codice Postale 57016. Dopo Pasqua , vi mander altri messaggi , in seguito vi narrer , la storia della mia vita ; ho scritto almeno 400 o 500 mie poesie e qualche piccolo racconto ( tempo f , ho perso , o mi an preso , un piccolo librettino di poesie , spero mi sia restituito ; ogni mia poesia , porta la mia , ( forze ) ,le vender , ma a caro prezzo .Potrei avere due presunti parenti , cugini del mio babbo , quindi miei biscugini . Mi parlarono di loro , alcune persone , cos che seppi della loro esistenza , qualche anno f ; si chiamano Marianelli Mario e Manrico. Un giorno , andai a trovare Manrico , nel suo ufficio , ha anche un edificio di borzetteria , dalle parti di Fucecchio, dove vi lavora con i suoi stilisti e le sue segretarie , (quando ci incontrammo nel suo ufficio , sentii di volergli bene, penso anche lui a me ) , lui felicemente sposato , ed abita con la moglie ; andai anche a trovare suo fratello Mario , mi dissero che era indisposto , mi aspett per il giorno festivo , ma non andai , ( mi sentii disturbata ) , vi tornai una sera , ma neanche i suoi servi , mi risposero , lui abita con la sua servit , in un gran palazzo a tre piani , con un bel giardino recintato . Vi domando se vi possibile , di scoprire se siamo parenti , ( aiutateli ad aiutarci . Per quanto mi riguarda , potrebbero tornare insieme a noi , nell'abitazione del nostro sogno , e sarei lieta di trascorrere con loro , assieme ai miei figli , almeno una giornata , per conoscersi un p .Marianelli Maira - Via Ulisse Dini 16 Romito Pontedera (Pi) - Orlandini Samuele e Simone - Via Filippo Corridoni 22 Rosignano Solvey (Li) - Marianelli Mario Via Corridoni Santa Croce sull'Arno (Pi) - Marianelli Manrico Abitante in San Pierino , vicino a Fuchecchio in provincia di (Pi) . E' da il periodo Natalizio , che mi sono trasferita , nell' appartamento che i miei figli ,hanno preso in affitto, io ho qualche stanza a Romito con un piccolo giardino (cortile) ,l c' umido e muffetta , comunque dovr tornarci dopo le festivit Pasquali ; qu, sono stata in loro compagnia , avvolte si bisticcia , perch non ci si capisce ,poi per non ci portiamo rancore, (solo al momento),avvolte facciamo pace. Mio figlio Samu , qualche giorno f si raffreddato ha avuto anche la frebbre a trentotto , ieri sera anch'io , avevo la febbre a trentotto, ci siamo presi l'influenza , e mi sento indolensita ,avevo pensato di andare comunque , anche con la febbre , a tirar s qualcosa nei centri commerciali , ma rimando ad oggi , meglio che non aggravi la situazione , non vorrei che risalisse la febbre. Sempre pochi soldi tra le mani , o per un conto o per un'altro , non ho un concreto soldo tra le mani ( speriamo un bene ) ; siamo qui nel letto , con le borse dell'acqua calda ,ho trascorso la notte , a scivervi , tr poco ,quando avr finito , mi coricher ,e mi riposer un p . Volevo anche aiutare, le nipotine e la sorella della fidanzata di mio figlio , ed anche lei Alessandra , Samuele mi ha detto , che avvolte , gli manda qualche soldo in Romania , cercano di sterzarsi il poco che prendono , hanno tante spese , anche Simone penso che avvolte , nel suo piccolo aiuti Sara , cos anche lei , aiuta avvolte lui ; vorrei anche dare un'aiuto ad una mia nipote , f affidata alla nonna ,il suo babbo , che mio fratello Giuseppe ( beppe ) , abita vicino Firenze , bisticciano e si tengono il muso ,anche alle lunghe , spero che sua nonna gli voglia bene . Se i presunti parenti potranno donarmi , almeno qualche milione di euro (mi an detto , che sono milionari e miliardari ) , nel mio progetto c' ,in futuro Gerusalemme , Citt Santa .Ho il dono del Sacerdozio ( la situazione problematica ) dovrei prendere i voti in Svezia , con la libert , di sposarmi se vorr (ed un sicuro n , per mia scelta ) , ma comunque per non caderci dovessi cambiare idea ; dovremo sacrificare al Santo Dio, io i miei figli , e coloro che lui vorr,Come faceva Aronne ed i suoi figli ,poi ti (vi dir ). Adesso vi saluto con un Santo bacio sulle guance , buona Pasqua a tutti da Maira .Toscana .it.
  • please help!

I really need help, I usually don't ask for help, but, I live in a flat with my mother, my brother and my grandma, behind my uncles house. (The flat consists of one bedroom, which my grandmother sleeps in, a bathroom and a kitchen that goes into the lounge which my mother, my brother and I sleep My brother was born with cerebral palsy and slight autism, he was born with cataracts so he doesn't see well at all, he had operations on both his eyes, the second eye was not successful, he had an opertion on his achilles tendons. With his birth their was an oxygen shortage so he's got brain damage, his mental age is 7 and a neuroligist told us that we just have to cope with it. He plays video games 24/7, he doesn't go to school because he wasn't coping in any of the schools we put him in. My grandmother is 80 and is on the last level of Alzheimers, my grandpa used to look after her but now we have to because he died 5 years ago in 2007. My dad died 6 years ago in 2006, we were left with nothing. We lived this way for 8 years. My mother is an artist, she doesn't have another job because she can't leave the house because she mostly takes care of my grandmother. I go to the college here, I'm studying to become a chef and I want to own my own restaurant some day.
  • please read please read please read please read please read please read please read please read in jesus name

hello IM Amanda and IM writing because my mother is taking care of her 3 grand kids and lives in a 3 bed room single wide trailer she is not married and has no one to help her other then God and IM sure he lead me to you all that is why IM here writing in need of help for her the house they live in is not good it is falling down and that is no place for my mom and her 3 grand kids I love my mom and just want to try and help her so I came to you please help her it will feel so good to see her smile again and not be worried about the house love you all and thank you God bless Amanda l Dotson
  • can you help me?

salve, io sono una donna marocchina che vive in Italia ,vedova, vivo con una pensione piccola non mi basta per pagare l'affitto, il gas , elettricit ,acqua, e anche da mangiare, prendo solo 478 Euro al mese,e in pi sono malata di un tumore al seno, ho fatto la chemioterapia e la radioterapia e sto facendo la cura di anticorpi per un anno,e la cura ormonale.
  • The scamming contractor

My fiance's mother is a sixty year old has had no money to repair anything on her house since he died 14 years ago. She finally got enough to do three rooms and paid a local contractor 6600.00 to do so. He took the money, spent it, and didn't come back. She has been living with a path through her house for seven could use the help so a little paint, some cabinets, floors and windows to replace her broken ones. She is such a great person and always helps everyone I really wish we could get her some help for once.
  • Can you guys help me?

well am 14 year old living in one bedroom sharing whith my parents and brother and sister i have two brother and one sister. we live whith my nellie and my uncle and my nellie sister we all live in one house whith only two bedrooms and my parents dont work. all iwant is my own bedroom can plz help my uneed information on here we live just fine me on facebook or if u need pic on my family
  • Less stress in this mess

I usually help out others, without thinking. This time I am the one needing help. My husband n I had purchased a fixer upper. We needed a stable home for my oldest daughter whom has autism n several other medical problems. I started to notice that bills weren't being paid n knew right away that my husband had started battling drug use all over again. I had to leave him, but not before it got to a dangerous level.

Since I left we have tried so hard to rebuild. It just seems like there is more downs then ups. I had to quit my job due to a problem I developed with my legs n hips. I have dealt with PTSD the majority of my life, n never let it stop me. However I don't know how much more stress I can take. This house has asbestos inside n out. Knob n tubing wiring. So many things that are health hazards. I am doing my best to fix I know that I don't know what I am doing. If you know anyone that can help us, please please let us know.

• Boght a Repo home need help

I am a disable veteran in north Florida we just purchase a Repo mobilehome but not only need more space but need repairs and remodeling. Will like to know if anyone can help.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10