Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

ABC (ended 2012)

javnah

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Fan Reviews page 3 of 14

• please help!

I really need help, I usually don't ask for help, but, I live in a flat with my mother, my brother and my grandma, behind my uncles house. (The flat consists of one bedroom, which my grandmother sleeps in, a bathroom and a kitchen that goes into the lounge which my mother, my brother and I sleep My brother was born with cerebral palsy and slight autism, he was born with cataracts so he doesn't see well at all, he had operations on both his eyes, the second eye was not successful, he had an opertion on his achilles tendons. With his birth their was an oxygen shortage so he's got brain damage, his mental age is 7 and a neuroligist told us that we just have to cope with it. He plays video games 24/7, he doesn't go to school because he wasn't coping in any of the schools we put him in. My grandmother is 80 and is on the last level of Alzheimers, my grandpa used to look after her but now we have to because he died 5 years ago in 2007. My dad died 6 years ago in 2006, we were left with nothing. We lived this way for 8 years. My mother is an artist, she doesn't have another job because she can't leave the house because she mostly takes care of my grandmother. I go to the college here, I'm studying to become a chef and I want to own my own restaurant some day.
  • please read please read please read please read please read please read please read please read in jesus name

hello IM Amanda and IM writing because my mother is taking care of her 3 grand kids and lives in a 3 bed room single wide trailer she is not married and has no one to help her other then God and IM sure he lead me to you all that is why IM here writing in need of help for her the house they live in is not good it is falling down and that is no place for my mom and her 3 grand kids I love my mom and just want to try and help her so I came to you please help her it will feel so good to see her smile again and not be worried about the house love you all and thank you God bless Amanda l Dotson
  • can you help me?

salve, io sono una donna marocchina che vive in Italia ,vedova, vivo con una pensione piccola non mi basta per pagare l'affitto, il gas , elettricit ,acqua, e anche da mangiare, prendo solo 478 Euro al mese,e in pi sono malata di un tumore al seno, ho fatto la chemioterapia e la radioterapia e sto facendo la cura di anticorpi per un anno,e la cura ormonale.
  • The scamming contractor

My fiance's mother is a sixty year old has had no money to repair anything on her house since he died 14 years ago. She finally got enough to do three rooms and paid a local contractor 6600.00 to do so. He took the money, spent it, and didn't come back. She has been living with a path through her house for seven could use the help so a little paint, some cabinets, floors and windows to replace her broken ones. She is such a great person and always helps everyone I really wish we could get her some help for once.
  • Can you guys help me?

well am 14 year old living in one bedroom sharing whith my parents and brother and sister i have two brother and one sister. we live whith my nellie and my uncle and my nellie sister we all live in one house whith only two bedrooms and my parents dont work. all iwant is my own bedroom can plz help my uneed information on here we live just fine me on facebook or if u need pic on my family
  • Less stress in this mess

I usually help out others, without thinking. This time I am the one needing help. My husband n I had purchased a fixer upper. We needed a stable home for my oldest daughter whom has autism n several other medical problems. I started to notice that bills weren't being paid n knew right away that my husband had started battling drug use all over again. I had to leave him, but not before it got to a dangerous level.

Since I left we have tried so hard to rebuild. It just seems like there is more downs then ups. I had to quit my job due to a problem I developed with my legs n hips. I have dealt with PTSD the majority of my life, n never let it stop me. However I don't know how much more stress I can take. This house has asbestos inside n out. Knob n tubing wiring. So many things that are health hazards. I am doing my best to fix I know that I don't know what I am doing. If you know anyone that can help us, please please let us know.

• Boght a Repo home need help

I am a disable veteran in north Florida we just purchase a Repo mobilehome but not only need more space but need repairs and remodeling. Will like to know if anyone can help.

• Casa para my familia

Hola soy Cristina Torres

vivo En El Salvador

Soy Madre de 3 hijos y vivo en El Salvador pero, muy pronto primero Dios ir a vivir a Estados Unidos

hace 7 anos conoc a mi padre Jose Mauricio Torres que Vive en California en casa de un Sobrino de el .

Mi padre me someti a una peticin familiar en Febrero del 2007 y la fecha ya esta por llegar . Mi preocupacin es que no tenemos casa para vivir no hay mas espacio donde el vive ya que hay 9 personas en esa casa y yo soy de muy escasos recursos econmicos y quiero ir para all por mis 3 chiquitines Daniela Sofia de 6 anos, Diego Ernesto de 4 Anos y Cristina Jose de 2 anos ya que aqu es bastante difcil con la delincuencia y las pandillas y creo que en Estados Unidos ellos pueden tener un mejor futuro , pero tambin se que tengo que buscar un hogar para ellos y para llevarme a mi padre a vivir a mi lado ya que tambin el esta muy enfermo padece una Insuficiencia Renal y le practican 3 hemodialisis por semana y el sueno que el tiene es disfrutar de sus nietos y sus hijos al mximo el tiempo que Dios le preste vida .

por esa yo el da de hoy les pido Ayuda

MUCHAS GRACIAS

QUE DIOS LOS BENDIGA POR TAN BONITA LABOR LA QUE USTEDES HACEN

MI CORREO ELECTRONICO

movil (503) 7574-6357

• Sandy Hook Elementary School!!!!

I think it would be so awesome for you to really give it a thought to tear down the Sandy Hook Elem. School and rebuild them a new one. That would it would give the parents, Teachers and the community a better memory for them for years to come. And make their children feel safe for going to school. I'm a concerned parent and though I don't live there or anywhere close. I'm just reaching out for the community, parents and Teachers that live there. Thank You, Terri from Henderson, Nevada (SO PLEASE HELP THEM, SO THEY CAN MOVE ON FROM THIS HORRIBLE EVENT)
  • No better way of showing people how to BE people

Providing an example of how people can be more humane is the best way of spreading cheer I can think of. I'm currently in school learning screenwriting and making a lot of connections, but won't be finished for a couple of years. I'm a single mom with two kids and I'm disabled, but this isn't about me.

This is about being unable to help my sister who lives in Blackfoot, Idaho. Her husband has been diagnosed with Parkinsons and is rapidly becoming less and less able to care for himself. My sister McKenzie is working two jobs, going to school, and paying all the bills by herself. Cory's progression is inevitably going to land him in a wheelchair, and with her gone so much, no one will be able to help care for him. (They have no one else living with them that can The worst part is their home is outdated and with the narrow hallway and sharp corners to get into the rooms from the hallway, a wheelchair simply will not be conducive to them surviving.

Many of your shows have brought tears to my eyes and a few have caused me to downright cry. This couple will undoubtedly fall into the second category for most people. To know good people, who would appreciate it, need help makes a person do what they can. I'm doing that now. Please help this couple regain a new lease on life while McKenzie continues her education in the field of medicine and tries to care for her husband. They've already lost their livestock and will lose everything if he cannot maneuver their home.
  • Sandy Hook Elementary

Ty, I heard a rumor that you may be considering a makeover for Sandy Hook Elementary School. I had immediate feelings of relief and hope. What an amazing thing to do for a community, but I think it would really have world wide effect, bringing hope to parents everywhere that communities can organize and change things for the better, especially with help. News of Sandy Hook is world wide now, and the need for a safe place for our children - our babies! - is so universal. I know this would be a big thing to do, but it does "take a village". May I come and help?

Sherry from New Bedford, MA, but originally from Newtown, CT
  • It's great what they do.

Great people.
  • Sandy Hook Elementary

How awesome would it be if you demolished the school and built a new one for those children, the teachers and their families! I hope you will do this for Bless you for all you do!
  • Sandy Hook Elementary

No one is more deserving than the students and staff at Sandy Hook. Please help them move on from this horrible event!!!
  • A clever title goes here!

can you please get rid of that lame commentator, i think we can see who's hugging or voice and dialogue is annoying and doesnt enhance a thing
  • Sandy Hook Elementary

I know you guys normally do makeovers for families and their homes but I would love for you to seriously consider making over the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT. I have a 7 year old and I can not imagine the grief that the families are going through right now. And the thought that as a parent I would have to send my child back to that school as a constant reminder is devastating. Maybe you could even set a precedence on how to build a safer school. I know that it would be costly but look at the price that community paid. Just please consider it.
  • Just watch the Home Makeover Edition for the Holidays! We could do better!

Tonight's show, building for many American Veteran's was just AWESOME!!!! But, when it joyously announced having raised 1.1 million dollars to build homes for our Veterans, and just a week or two ago our nation raised 580 million dollars in the lottery, well. it just made me really sad!!! Why not set up a deal to where all Americans could be apart of this "Pass It Forward" deal for all our American men and women who need this same kind of Blessing??? Who wouldn't want to contribute a measly $2.00 per "Pass it Forward" ticket??? To give expecting nothing in return! What an awesome thing we could all do! Please give this fa nominal idea a huge consideration! We all owe our veterans a huge thanks, not to mention those that gave they're lives and left behind shattered lives, shattered dreams. We All can do better than a measly 1.1 Million, if we could just get "Greed" and "Self" out of the way. Personally I have faith in America !!! And GOD of course! After all we are "One Nation Under God!"
  • Make Do creatures

I would LOVE to purchase on of the Make Do creature as seen on the Dec 3 show. Is there a link to her shop? TY
  • well how about yall come to midland texas

Hi my name is ashley Dominguez, I am 23 years old. i live in midland tx. I have lived here my entire life off in on. I have been in foster care twice in my life because of abuse of many different types. including abandonment. So I have started a new page in my life at the age of 17. I found my husband we got married in December 2007. We had our first daughter in sseptember 2007,we then had our son in december 2011. off in on I have took care of three other kids that are not mine. i have not asked for any money from these childrens parents exceot from the government for at least one. i officailly got power of attorney of one in between april and may of 2011 he is 16 years old. he is such a great kid. i Still get the other two (well I try when i have room ) on the weekends. my husband has also took in his cousin thats a whole other chapter, So if u count my family and the two extra kids plus the cousin that is 8 people. I only have a bed rood of 3 and a two bath. we are working on an exstended piece an extra room. its crazy packed here. i know there is plenty of people out there that might need it more than us but i want to help people that have been abandoned like i was. That is why i choose to take in these childrenand do the best i can for them. i am super young i know. but if our family got a ssecond chance wouldnt the look on our childrens faces be great. I am asking for your help. I would love to send some photos or even video of us if you would like, i am not sure how to get in contact with anyone. so here is my email ash09_hope@live,com please let me know who you are thanks The exstended Dominguez Family. And Merrry Christmas
  • Zdroj Family

I must have a "Make Do Doll" that she makes! Is there a link to a site where she sells them or how would I go about getting in touch to get one? Thx!
  • A Beautiful,Loving,Caring,Deserving Mother!

Hi my name is Katie. I love watching your show .I shed a tear every time I watch it , hearing the stories and tragedies of the families and you guys helping families and making their lives easier. It makes me think of my mother and think that I wish I could help my mother in every way possible but that's not mother is 57 yrs old and just recently had a heart attack she also has high blood pressure,three either split disk or deteriorated disk in her back due to a car accident and from that her spine is not normal,but she doesn't let the pain she's in everyday stop her,because she knows she has to do what she can to make ends meet. She is an inspiration to me. Looking back on it I know as a child we put her through hell she was a single mother raising three girls and went without to give us what we wanted or needed and still to this day she still goes without,because her financial situation. She helps everyone that she can even though she is struggling herself and ask nothing in works a part time job and is on disability. She takes care of my 15 yr old niece my nephew also lives with her. She is about to lose her home that she has worked so hard for and I would love to just see her happy and worry free because she is everything to me ,don't know where I would be or what I would do without her..
  • A FAMILY IN NEED OF HELP

MY NAME IS AMBER SCOTT I AM VERY THANKFUL FOR THE HELP YOU AND YOUR EMPLOYEES HAVE GIVEN ME THRU MY FAMILY TIME OF WATCHING YOUR SHOW. WELL IM AM HOPING I SENT THIS MESSAGE TO THE CORRECT THAT IT HAS GOTTEN CLOSE TO CHRISTMAS AND MY SITUATION IS RUFF. IM ASKING YOU THAT IF BY ANY CHANCE YOU ALL HAVE SPACE FOR ONE FAMILY OF 5 PLEASE CAN YOU CONSIDER HELPING MY FAMILY WITH FOOD,CHRISTMAS TREE AND OR CHRISTMAS GIFTS FOR MY KIDS. I FEEL SO BAD BECAUSE ITS NOT MY KIDS FAULT THAT I CANT PROVIDE FOR THEM AS AN PARENT SHOULD AND THEY HAVE TO SUFFER THE IMPACT FROM THAT. IM REALLY UPSET WITH MY HEALTH BEING THE WAY IT IS WERE I HAVE TO CONTINUE TO AWAIT APPROVAL FOR SOCIAL DISABILITY. HOWEVER DOING THIS TIME IM STILL IN NEED I PRAY THAT I WILL NOT BE IN THIS SITUATION MUCH LONGER. BY GRACE OF THE LORD I SHALL PROSPER AND THIS TO SHALL PASS. I AM GOING THRU SO MUCH AND I KNOW THAT EVERYONE HAS THERE OWN THINGS GOING ON AND ITS HARD FOR EVERYONE. I EXPLAINED THE SITUATION TO MY KIDS ABOUT CHRISTMAS AND I DONT THINK THEY UNDERSTAND WELL. I HAVE TWO KIDS THAT ARE AUTISTIC AND TWO KIDS WHOM ARE NOT HOWEVER THEY ALL HAVE BEEN SAD SINCE I TOLD THEM EVEN SO TO WHERE IT HAS AFFECTED THERE GRADES. NOW I FEEL AS IF I SHOULD HAVE TOLD THEM. MY MOTHER PASTED AND LEFT ME HER HOME SO WE HAVE A ROOF OVER OUR HEAD BUT THE MORTGAGE IS STILL BEHIND. THE WINDOWS ARE BROKE THE HEAT GOES OUT AND THE AIR COMES IN SO WERE DOUBLED BLANKETED. DUE TO ME NOT BEING ABLE TO AFFORD A HIGH GAS BILL. THEN I GOT AN ELECTRIC HEATER TO PLUG IN AND IT BLEW OUT SEVERAL FUSES. WE HAVE THE OLD FUSES THE CIRCLE ONES YOU SCREW IN. PLUS MY FLOOR HAS CAVED IN AND THE TILE HAS BROKEN. MY DOWNSTAIRS IS MOLDED AND MILDEWED ESPECIALLY UNDER THE HOUSE THE INSTILLATION IS ORIGINAL VERY VERY OLD. HOWEVER IT STILL IS HOME FOR US. ALSO MY GRANDMOTHER IS HOSPITALIZED WITH HEART FAILURE, PNEUMONIA AND FLUID IN HER SIDE. THEN MY NEPHEW WAS SHOT AND KILLED. ALSO, MY HEALTH HAS BEEN BAD I'VE BEEN BACK N HOSPITAL AND IM CURRENTLY WAITING APPROVAL THRU MY MEDICAID FOR ANOTHER SURGERY THAT IS NEEDED TO RELIEVE SOME PAIN FROM MY COLON. I'VE BEEN IN PAIN AND STILL IN PAIN AND FROM ME BEING IN PAIN SO MUCH AND UNDER STRESS ABOUT MY SITUATION ALONG WITH GRIEVING I HAVE CAUSED MY STOMACH TO GET AN HERNIA THAT IS GROWING THRU AND INCISION SITE FROM A PREVIOUS SURGERY TO MY STOMACH. PLEASE I DON'T WANT TO BOTHER YOU. I KNOW YOU HAVE A LOT ON YOUR PLATE BUT, BY ANY CHANCE YOUR ABLE TO HELP MY FAMILY OR REFER ME TO SOMEONE WHOM MAY BE ABLE TO HELP MY FAMILY I WOULD MORE THAN BE APPRECIATIVE. I HAVE TRIED OTHERS THRU UNITED WAY AND KNOW ONE HAS SPACE FOR ANOTHER FAMILY SO I THOUGHT TO ASK YOU ALL......

FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME VIA EMAIL

• DVD buy for Australia!

I loooooooovvvvveeeeee EMHE, it's absolutely heartwarming and is my favourite show on austar! For ages i've been looking to buy the seasons in Australia and i can't find any online store that sells it... Does anyone know of a website that sells the DVDs in Australia??
  • HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello,

I am reaching out to Ty. Earlier this year, my mom was diagnosed with melanoma cancer. She is going through kemo right now and she cannot get around as well as she used to. She is very tired all of the time and I have no idea how else to help her. She gives a lot to the community and where she works. Also my aunt was diagnosed with cancer too. My grandmother has emphazima and my uncle has MS. I would really like to help out my aunt. She has to take care of my grandma all of the time because she is doing very poorly and just recently got out of the hospital. She also has to take care of my uncle with MS. My aunt is a hero for taking care of her loved ones before heself. Her house is not really suitable for them because my uncle can't get around in his wheelchair and i REALLY want to help them out for all they do!

Delaney Becker

• Hallo there from Iceland

Even if I don't have my apartment or house, I just want to say how much I enjoy your doing for people .

Each time I cry when I see the reaction from people who get help from you, it is absolute outstanding.

I adore also your humor and it makes me happy to watch you all work.

I send my best greetings from Reykjavik

Ester
  • School fire

My school just had a major fire. All of our text books all of our supplies were in the fire. Its really sad because it was the only the second day we started. We don't have anywhere to go right now. I really upset because I would never think of this happening. Luckily no one got hurt.
  • extremely unusual request for help with a nursing home

I dont even know if what im about to ask is possible, but its worth a shot.. I work for a very small nursing home in Blackstone Massachusettes. Its a very old building but very cute and home like rather than the usual hospital type setting most nursing homes have.. there a very nice porches on the first floor for the patients to go outside but there is no elevator in this building, so most of the patients on the second floor never get to go outside or go downstairs to activities in the dining room because they are in wheel chairs. i just feel like this is the last days of thier lives and theyy deserve to enjoy every aspect of it possible, even if it is only sitting in the sun watching the birds. If i had enough money to renovate this building myself to give these very special people a little more to enjoy in life than a closed in room, i would love nothing more than to do it. but unfortunatelly im a single mom with three kids and custody of my nephew so my free time and money is limited.. but all i can think about when im at work is how much id like to fix up this building for these wonderful elderly people who have all touched my heart in some way. i love decorating and i look around at simple things that could be done to make this such a nice place . just an elevator or an upper deck so they can all go outside, and maybe some new paint on the walls.. this is a long shot but hey miracles can happen right? either way.. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE LIVES YOUVE TOUCHED WITH WHAT YOU DO AND SHOWING US THAT THERE STILL ARE GOOD PEOPLE IN THE WORLD.
  • We Need Your Help If Possible!!

My mom just had an accident and she really cannot walk.. doctors are going to remove her finger and most of her right foot.. My parents live with each other and with my older sister and her son of 3yrs. Now That My mom is home from the hospital, it just breaks my heart to see her in her wheelchair TRYING to get around in the house. And we have a small house! Please Help Us!!!
  • Please help fix our house

My name is Grant Peyton and i want to help my mom fix our house. Recently she lost her job and my dad left us when i was one, and i can't do anything to help with the house. our kitchen has more storage than our closets, we have to do our laundry out side, there's mold in the bathroom. I just wanted to see if you could help. To reach us her email is leah.peyton@comcast.net and her cellphone number is 925-890-0550
  • My Parents Need Help

My parents came to this country about 30 years ago to try and chase the American Dream. They became home owners and they also had a small business. However, a few years ago, they lost the business and had their home foreclosed. My attorney and I have been fighting for the last 5 years to keep them in their home and just last week we were finally able to work something out with the bank. However, my mother suffers from rheumatoid arthritis which is increasingly crippling her and my father has suffered massive heart attacks and has undergone series of heart surgeries. I have worked very hard to keep their house for them and how that I have accomplished that, I would like them to enjoy it. Their home is over 60 years old and falling apart. I've tried to keep it together, but it needs a serious lift. The dining room attached to the home is sinking and the kitchen is rotting from the outside in. The downstairs bathroom has become absolutely useless and the upstairs bathroom is well on it's way to the same condition. There is no insulation and there are cracks everywhere, not to mention the pest problem that they have also tried controlling. Please help. They are in desperate need of it and I can't help them anymore without completely drowning myself.

Sincerely,