Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

ABC (ended 2012)

javnah

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Fan Reviews page 6 of 14

• Please help this wonderful lady and her grandson

Hello My name is Ericka and this is a little unusual for myself to do since I never ask for help but I have seen many of your shows and have cried on many of them. I am fifty years old.I have help a lot of people with a lot of different things and still do when I see that someone is in need. I have an ok home but it's over fifty years old and the wiring is real bad the lights come on and off when they feel like it the foundation is cracked it also is like you can pick the cement up with your hands and it's like sand. I have leaks in my roof. My garage is caving in the roof needs replacing. My furnace doesn't work half the time.I have always done things on my own and have never asked anyone for help. I always help other people. I have always struggled to make things work I raised my children and my sisters children lived with me as well. I'm raising my grandson with no help from anyone I have had him since he was a year old. My grandson is still with me. I'm in college now and working on becoming a Medical Assistant or a Nurse. I haven't been in school for a long time so it's a little hard but I won't give up I never have and never will. Ive had breast cancer and been in some major car accidents which left me with some disabilities but I try not to let people see that I have them. I hope to see my grandson go to college one day. Everybody tells me I should go on your show and that I deserve it but I feel I have a lot more than some people and I'm thankful for what I have. I told them I would write to you to see if maybe there is something you might be able to do to help my grandson and I fix our home.Thank you so much
  • our world makes me weap!!!

I am an artist with a wild road behind me. after growing out of a homeless child hood, encarceration from 13 to 27, i put myself through art college with dreams of being an engineer. The dream of beating the odds was brought to a sudden hault when i took a vaccine that is still destroying my body till this day. No big deal, cause even though i had to stopschool after my assoc. to fight the reaction which ultimately lead to cancer. It didnt get me down. I still chose to spend spare time helping kids in the city through teaching art through the POW program as well as the nieborhood kids. lack of work due to not enough education in my feild brought on a depression that almost took my life.

in the midst of giving up. God brought me to have a son. I said a pra yer. " God if this is a sign then hell share what people beleive to be your birthday. My son Jayden Noah Wilson was born shortly after seventhe morning after christmas. All i can do is all I can do to make sure he doesnt have to see what I saw as a child. my sickness may not allow me to see him graduate, yet i continue with the fear i may not see success that insures his stability, I have to beleive God has reason for my struggle, and he wont let my work be in vain. I ache for the pain i feel in these stories the shows are based on. If there are any persons with the heart to open ideas such as the home makeover show that can use what some call me( a unique and amazing artist. visit my website at www.mobilemurals.net. i still can work for the help i need. at the some time hopefully help build hope for others.God bless people and stay strong.
  • Strong mother's beginning of a new life after heart attack and pace maker and several other medical conditions

My mother recently became disabled after working 30 years as a C>N>A. For the past 4 years she has stuggled with diabetes, congetive heart failure,copd,ect. She has just about everything wrong with her that could go wrong. my father and mother have been married for 40 years and have never had to ask for help until now. They're pipes freeze all the time and are messed up they have to turn the water off and on before and after they shower. There water pipes are rigged and flood the yard all the time.The house is over 100 years old and I was raised here my whole life. I love the fact my children may also be able to grow up here too.{If we can get the things fixed}They have leaks all in there roof.The roof looks bowed from the outside and in but cannot afford to fix this.They cant keep heat in the house. My father was trying to remodel the home before he became disabled a few years ago and now he can no longer lift anything more than 10 pounds. They are both over 60 and have had a strong work background until they both were unable to work. My father is a vetran he served in the vietnam. He has served his country and they both have helped me and my family get through rough times since the loss of my son in 2007.Also my brother is on a donor list for a new liver and they have to transport him back and forth toi vanderbuilt. They really need help. They have both spent there lives helping everyone they could and I would love to be able to help them out.Please if you could just consider them for the home makeover so they can begin to live a normal life. Thank you so much and God Bless
  • in need of help

hello my name is laura my husbands name is matt and we have a 4 yr old daughter nevaeh and 2 year old son peyton. my daughter has eszma and allergies really bad and we have tried all different creams and soaps and medicine for her to stop breaking out. Our water freezes almost every month bc the pipes have not been wrapped and my husband dont know how to and our small bathroom has no floor under the tub and soon it wont have a floor at all in the bathroom if we dont fix it. we are loosing heat throughout the winters bc of so much insulation is not under the trailer our breaker box cuts off if we have more than one thing going and now our dryer just went out so we are having to dry our clothes at the laundry mat. my husband has been out of work for almost 2 months bc of the schools closing and i have been in and out bc of medical problems. I prey everyday that we will just make it through the day without something else breaking and that we can get help with the things we need so our daughter can be itch and pain free. Can you help us please?
  • My Family needs help Very badly

I have never asked for a helping hand,my family and I have always been able to provide for ourselves and always willing to help others if we have anything to spare. My dearest aunt bonnie moved in couple days ago she is bed ridden and 500 lbs retaining fluids,diatbetic,high cholestral, and much more.... her hospitol bed doesnt work properly, i dont have proper set up for her to live here but im making do! We dont have any sort of doctor who will provide her prescriptions,we need a dietition for proper diet plan, unable to find a visting phyician, she is serious about getting help she doesnt want to die we can only help so much!! she cannot recieve her medicines she needs for health problems.unable to keep her sugar down its always at 500. Please help!! We all want her to live!! we have her in the living room. our hallways cannot fit a wheel chair (not that she can get out of bed) she cant walk she needs a therapyst. We have no ramps no nothing for caring for her.We want to help her if we can but we cant with out someone helping us!! and teaching us. her son abused her thats how we ended up in this mess we couldnt allow that to happen any longer. He hid her in a bed room no tv no nothing didnt change her or feed her for couple days she needs all her meds on timely manner. Oh lord please help us!!! Sincerely Kelly Wise
  • Please help my family

The reason I am writing this review is because my grand father has recently lost his leg. It ishard for him to get around the house in his wheelchair because it is very small. When my dad and I are not home he usaly falls. Also my dad hasmanythings wrong with him. He has diabetes and he has something wrong with his foot and has, to get it taken off. My dad is single and if he does lose his foot i will need to take care of him and my grand father. A,so,we have found termites in our kitchen so I am asking you to please help my family
  • There are alot of people that need help

I dont really know where to apply for this show, but i was hoping that maybe just maybe these forums might be seen by someone who can reveiw them for future shows... tonight was the first time in a long time that somthing i saw broke my heart! unlike some of these reviews im not looking for help for myself, and god knows i could use the help too, but i light of what i saw tonight i see that im not so bad off.. Theres this boy that i knew that used to hang out at my house with my kids.. a couple years ago.. i hadnt seen him in a while, he'd come over and play with my kids... and just this last summer he had an accident which left him paralyzed from the neck down, hes only 16 yrs old!!! it breaks my heart to see him live like he is living... he stays in the living room in a hospital bed.. in a crowded small 2 bedroom Trailer with 5 other kids and 2 adults.. i went to see him tonight, and he told me "hes waiting for his room to be built" which im affraid he will never have... if there was anything in this world i would love to do, is i want to save him, i want to take him out of there and give him a better life... a nice enviroment if one has to spend most of his life in a hospital bed god dont let it be in a tiny little place with no windows. it dosnt feel like a happy place to be.. i know its home to him.. his whole family really needs space. i dont know the other kids well. or the parents.. i just know him. and i know they could use the help. so this is my plea for someone to help him...
  • my dad is now disabled

all his life he's helped people doing small jobs on the side to keep us going and the one time he helps an elderly couple a few blocks from our house he fell out of the tree while doing the job well actually the tree limb hit the latter and down he went. he shattered his ankle and broke his tibial bone in 8 different places and the his fibula bone in half at an angle. we've been dealing with that since October and just found out today he'll never walk again the muscle that allows his foot to move is dead. hour house is no way wheel chair accessible we have to take him down the front stairs and back up by basically carrying the wheel chair up and down the stairs...and the wheel chair we have will have to eventually be returned to our neighbors because we are just borrowing it....my parents don't even know how they are going to pay the hospital bills..lol my sister has already gone and got a part time job and i'm looking at it too but got to figure out a way to work my schedule around either my mom or my sister so someone is home to take care of dad. my sister and i were devastated to find out that home makeover will no longer be running...hope you guys keep doing gods work
  • Please help

Well first off I love this show and I see the amazing things it does for people, but I am asking for help. My house burnt down in 2004. I know it's a long time ago but ever since then we haven't had a home. Ever house we have lived in we get told to leave. This is the 3rd place we have lived in since then and now my dad had to move us into a apt building and we are all in different ones. My mom and dad and my younger brother And sister live in one. And my brother his girlfriend and 2 babies live in another. And my boyfriend and I live in another. My dad has always done so many things for everyone and now they need help. So please help us. We don't even have a home.
  • my grandfather and kyphosis,the hump bach syndrome

on 11/24/11 my grandfather passed away because he had a blood clot in his heart. my mom had to basically plan the funeral and everything. we had a get together for my grandfather and my mom paid for all the food to be cooked and she didnt have a job. my mom does not have a job. we have four people living in our house and we only have a 3 bedroom house it is me, my mom, and my two brothers. i am 14 years old , i have a 7 year old brother and a 13 year old brother. my 13 year old brother has kyphosis a hump back syndrome. my brother has been in so much pain for a while. i love my brother to death and i can not see him hurt like he has been doing. the doctors said to get it to go away he would have to have surgery but they were going to try physical threapy first to see if that would help if not they would have to have surgery. my mom has no job to pay for this or to pay for us to have christmas this year. we only get maybe one christmas present from our mom this year we need a new home because this house we live in is almost 40 years old and its fallin apart all im asking for is for yall to give us a new house and give us a good christmas by giving us a new house it would be the best christmas every. thank you for reading this it would be great if you could give us a new house and a good christmas... thanks, Merissa Miller
  • need home too

Were bad off too as well..but got god is in are hearts as well.near auto liven life.
  • Thank you! Thank you! thank you! I hope that u guys now that u are blessed and God loves u. What you are doing is amazing and u are helping people who really need blessings in their lives. Every time I watch the show I cant help but cry! this is amazing

Continue doing this wonderful work and don't ever forget that u really are blessing people that need a miracle in their lives. Bless you all and don't stop this amazing work of God you are doing. millions are inspired buy your work.

Sandra Dipate (Oxford)

• YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!!

I'm an female union carpenter, I really can't explain how over joy I get to see families so happy! I myself lost everything in new york due to an work injury, now I'm in miami.

But after I heal up, I would like to join your team in helping others using my skills as an carpenter.

May God keep you all bless!

Luisa Ines Ortiz ( Local 926)
  • I love the show!

First let me say the 200 character min is a pain!
    That said, I love the show and watch it a lot! I think in a time of shows that are not family rated or have bad language this show is refreshing. I wish more programs were helping people because our world would be so much nicer. I esp. love seeing the shows where you help our servicemen and women. My brother served in the army and his son has been to Iraq twice as a National Guard, my husband served in the army for 10 years, so I appreciate what the servicemen and women do for us so much!
    Thanks everyone for all that they do to help these people on the shows. Keep helping others and making shows like this one!

• LOVE YOUR SHOW!

My coworker needs help! His Mother, Father and recently his brother just died. They left him a house in which the ceiling has colapsed from the rain, the furnance is broken he lives in one room with a small heater and not to mention the mould that has most likely formed from the leaks. He's an amazing person but has slipped into a depression because of his living conditions. His money goes to his deceased brothers debts. Nobody deserves to live in these conditions and want only the best for him! Please help him because this house is all he has and had sentamental value and nobody to turn to. crystal-deli@hotmail.com

• My Brother is Dying,sprinal injury to the neck,needs medical help.Breathing through a ventilator.Stuck in Nuku'alofa,Tonga 3rd world country.Only hope for life to get back to America.2 days tops.But i cant afford it.PLEASE LORD HELP MY BROTHER!

My Brother6 days ago got into a car accident.7 aboard,2 died,5 lived,my brother is in the ICU.Doctors are telling me since its been6 days since he severed his spine that he is paralyzed from the chest down.He is an American Citizen who came to visit me in Nuku'alofa Tonga.My brother doesnt have long at all.We are in a poor country with no medical help for him.Only hope for him living now is Atracheotomy before he gets a chest infection then death is definite.Please Bring Medical Help here to him. He needs a Doctor, a another ventalator, and medication.please help me.kaleti #676-840-6774 moms#(503)244-7741

• You guys bring so much joy to each and every family you touch and help.

I watch this show all the time and everytime i watch it , it seems to bring tears to my eyes. I see what you guys do for people and it inspires me. Makes me want to go out and help people. You guys bring such joy to familys that struggle. you guys give them a second chance.

• Maudlin to a fault

Back in the heyday of 50's television when shows like Strike It Rich or Queen For A Day played on the viewer's sympathy just to help a fellow person down on his/her luck seems rather shameful by today's standards, but apparently someone forgot to tell the mental giants who came up with this, the nadir of Reality TV: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.

This reasty show plays on the viewer's sentiment in which a down-and-out family gets their home remade for just because of whatever ill fortunes befell them.

To me, this is nothing more than a throwback to the days of the aforementioned shows, just to see how much sentiment they can play the TV audience for. Why is this show still on the air for nearly a decade? I guess there's nothing better for them to watch on a Sunday night.

How flippant.

• Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you Extreme makeover for a loooooooooooooooovely programme.

I just loooooooooooooooooooooooooove your show and would really want to apply for you to come and help me. The problem, (i dont really know if it is one) I'm living in Western Cape South Africa. Please pretty please let me know if you can help me. I have already dowloaded your application form, so, if you give me the go-ahead, i will most definately apply. Keep up the good work and I just loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove you guys....God bless you.

• i gotta tell you, i don't know who came up with the idea for this show, but it is amazing. i look forward to watching this show for the simple pleasure of seeing how dramatically you have changed someones life. i wish there was more compassion like this.

fabulous ! i sit here watching each episode and end up crying quite often. the impact you have on the families is just so special . the unselfish act of giving to each individual situation, how you take into consideration each situation, the passion put into each family, to me is just "priceless" . i was a single mom, it wasn't easy. sometimes i wished & prayed for help. i struggled, but i didn't have health issues with my children. i now have grown children, i made it ! i just really commend what you are doing. i have enjoyed this show from the beginning. i hope it continues for many, many years. shows that have good content is so refreshing. keep it coming ! love it !

• i couldn't find a way to contact you guys besides this. im an 18 year old man with two brothers and a very courageous mother. 2 years ago i had brain surgery which led to 3 more. Now my older brother is in hospice dying of cancer. please read we need help

This may not be the most neat and tidy letter, but its my call for help. My mother raised my brothers and i since before our teens. Our father was abusive and after so long she had enough and decided to raise us on her own. when i turned 15 i started to get terribly bad headaches, so my mom took me to many different doctors before one finally scanned my brain and found a cyst the size of a matured grapefruit. Finding this it was obvious to the doctors and my mom i needed surgery. the first surgery went well for about a month before i had to have another surgery to place hardware that would drain my cyst properly. that surgery went wrong and i stayed in the hospital six days before they could fix the surgery with another procedure. the day of my third brain surgery was June 25 the day before my 16th birthday. my 16th birthday present wasn't a car it was to leave the hospital healthy. My mom has had several types of cancer. cancer of the thyroid, skin cancer, and cervical cancer. She is more than amazing woman. and in spite of dealing with her own life threatening situations she had to raise 3 boys and i still had another surgery to go cause of malfunctions of the equipment. As soon as my mother and i calmed down medically my brother is diagnosed with non hodgkin's lymphoma that was cancerous. he was doing pretty well, almost great, during chemotherapy and he started radiation when the doctors found another tumor growing. the doctors had no other answers. they told him he should go to a hospice so his last days weren't painful. 6 days ago the doctors told him he had 3 days to 2 weeks to live. My family and i are trying to make the best of the last days we have with him, but our house we are renting keeps having problems pop up and blindsiding my family and under the stress we are currently facing i am trying to call out for any help i can get for my mom and i know she deserves it. My name is Noah Lee Duncan I am 18 years old i live in cincinnati ohio. and if anyone i ever heard of deserved a chance at a new home it would be my mother. Please feel free to write back my email is big_no_dunc@yahoo.com when you've walked so far in your beaten up shoes it would be nice to have a comfortable home to relax in.

• my son and his disabled daughter need a home urgently.

dear extreme team,bad luck seems to strike our family down,i have 2 sons each have a disabled child,my grandson 9 years old who has cerebral palsy due to admitted negligence from the hospital, he struggles every day of his life,my middle son who was ready to wed his lovely fiance (k ) in the summer 06,then to our joy found out they were having a baby,in the summer 05 we all as a family went on holiday,little did we know that this would be the last,k was getting migraines all the time, and generally very poorly, in nov 05 my son phoned to say k was unable to walk and would i go over,when i saw k my heart sank, she was so poorly, got her into the car drove to hospital,sadly to say a few days latter we lost k due to a brain hemorrhage,her unborn child was delivered by c section, we thought the baby was ok, but the next day were told she is severely brain damaged,and a time we nearly lost her too,by the grace of god she survived,she can hear but cannot see,she had a shunt fitted because she had water on the brain,she has cerebral palsy effecting all four limbs,she is now 6 years old, and her dad now 28. when your children heart you heart with them, they lived with us for a year or so, then we put a mobile home next to our home for them, this gave my son some privacy but i was still there to help,because of all the big equipment she needs and that she herself is getting bigger,they are outgrowing the mobile home,they desperately need a house,my son is the full carer for his daughter,and what a dad he is, he never moans, im just so proud of him,and so many people say they couldn't have coped with what happened but he loves his little girl with all his heart,she is just so pretty,just like a dolly, she smiles and giggles and is just a really happy little girl, they deserve a real break in life, a bit of happiness, a real home, please will you help them even if we are in the uk, please help. X

• help us please.need a home that is safe and warm.i'm 56 and my brother is 57 and needs a home for his wheelchair.i'm on a cpap machine.wiring is bad.would like a new home for us.like the show alot.don't own this house rent it.is not safe for us.help us.

house has wiring problems and new heating too.running by gas and electric.need new floors too.don't like walls because hit them with wheelchair.like to meet all of the gang.like.you do alot for people who are like us.without thinking you do want you do best and that is so cool.we are poor and can't do the things we can.i help my nieghbor who is 83 years old and i love it alot.so i need help here not only for me but for charlie.thanks for want you do and god bless.big hugs from us to you ty and gang and prays too a.
  • i cry ever time i see your show and i think it takes so many special people to help familys in need

Please take a moment to hear my story please my brother in law is the most caring giving person Ive ever known he has served for our country and he was sent home due to an injury where he broke his neck he lived with a metal hallow for over a year and never complained he always is taking in people and animals and who ever he can help he will. He has athritus so bad now he has trouble getting out of bed he just now stopped working because he is crippling up he has his wife and 4 children living in a two bedroom house that should have been condembed a long time ago but it was still a roof over his familys heads and who ever else needed one he would never take hand outs never hes a very proud person please please look into his life and you will see for yourself what a great person he is and if anyone deserves this it would be his family. so many of us pray someday his pain will go away but this is something i can ask for him a know i have tried to give back to a man that is well deserved thank you so much for reading this and my god bless you sheri raymond

• Please help the family who whole life helping others without compensation

Please help the family who whole life helping others without compensation

Hi my name is Mikhail Kuzniatsou and I from Belarus.It is a small country in the middle of Europe in which is now a very strong crisis.
    I watch your show almost every day and decided to write!
    I want to tell you about a very good family from the U.S., which spends a lot of money and effort to help children from Belarus, and in return does not receive anything!
    The names of these good people are Bill and Leilani Pough!They have three sons. All are adults. Two recently moved from parents, and one still lives with his parents
    Bill and Leilani help Belarusian childrenfrom 1999. they donated money to a visit of Belarusian children in the United States and even several trips themselves in Belorussia that to help children from orphanages.
    They spend manyof dollars each year and in return hear humble thanks
    I from Belarus andi live in the home where 34 children .. (30 adoptive
    and 4 families)
    as you can imagine for my mom now very difficult times .. she hoped to help the older children, but it turned out that older children need financial assistance now!
    I decided to try a job working in the U.S. and leilani gladly helped me with this!!
    They sheltered me and give a separate room and found a job for me.
    Now they are helping one girl from the Belarus with admission to college in the United States. At first glance it seems that this family a have large cash but it is not...
    Bill works for a construction company, and Leilani help choose sites for construction of roads. They work very hard that to help others people.They are very religious and often help from the church people of the United States giving free food bought for the money!
    They got so carried away by the other that they forgot about themselves. they have a small farm: 5 cows, 5 sheep, 23 chickens and a pig! House in urgent need of restoration, building conservation ... I beg you on behalf of all Belarusian children they helped, if you can help them PLEASE
    their address is 537 Douglas williams rd louisburg , NC 27549 please answer as soon as you can! I will stay in the United States until September 22!
    my phone number is 9192103403
    THANK YOU!!
  • hi my name is crystal fensom im not sure if this is the place im suppose to be trying to nominate someone but i reall hope so i watch your show all the time and not one show has gone by where i did not cry

I would really like to have my sister nominated she is a mother of 6 4 boys and 2 girls she struggles all the time right now she lives in a 3 bedroom apt and there is just not enough room and for the past 18 years she has taken in alot of people that needed a place to stay including myself and my 2 children she cant afford to buy a house she also has 2 asthmatics who need a clean environment my sister is stressed out to the point she cries everynight before bed there is lots of cockaroaches in the building there is so much more she has helped so many people i really feel that she deserves a house to have more room for her kids and if she needs to help more people please please can you help my sister she really needs a house thank you
  • Really good the ppl are doing good stuff.

I Think this show is a really really good show because they build houses for deserving people but they don't just build houses the also do baseball feilds and comunity centers and hospitals they make big differences in other ppls lives which is really humane But they also did some things for the Hurricane Katrina survivors some of which made tears come to my eyes and here i had always wanted my house redone but i think I will let the good hearted people at the Extreme makeover do their thing and help the people who really need it I'll just keep dreamin'.
  • I am a single male who suffers from from biplor and eplicey and always trying to afford rent the only thing i have to show for all the years worked is a 97 ford explorer

i always love the show that was always helping people who needed it but the homes that can be given to someone who needs also get torn down i understandstand if there is no hope for the home to be saved but if it can be then it should be and given to someone else i hope this show keeps airing for the next 20 years or longer because it is a great show and maybe by then people would relized that we have alot of problems in our own backyards and alot of people dont even relized the problems when someone can not even afford rent or something to eat anyways great show MY STORY I am a single male who suffers from from biplor and eplicey and always trying to afford rent because i am not allowed to work any more so i live on what social services gives me when i appy for the next step of income support i was told that i do not me their qualifactions because i am not severe see in canad the problem is biplor is just getting started to get recuince as a mentaly disorder i would love to here from someone in the cast expecialy ty about this matter my name is ed
  • Military Families

I have been watching your show for the last few weeks and that includes the reruns. I enjoy the shows where you help the military families the most. The average American has no ideal what these service members go through, while serviing and when they leave the service. What you do for those family is great. From a veteran (retired U.S. Navy) I thank you so much. Have you ever thought of going back to some of those families to see how they are doing since you have help them? I wish you and all those involed with the show a long and happy life.

Sincerly,

Robert Mcleod
  • the show is great the help they give people is awsome

my only problem is why does paige have to wear that
    tool belt everywhere she goes if shes working on the house no problem but when she goes to sears or some fund raiser or when the house is done and she exits the house get rid of it ...... really just wear when needed and not when it makes you look cute seriously think about it nobody wears a tool belt to sears or a fund raiser just lose the belt great show good people keep it up
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10