Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

ABC (ended 2012)

javnah

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Fan Reviews page 7 of 14

• i cry ever time i see your show and i think it takes so many special people to help familys in need

Please take a moment to hear my story please my brother in law is the most caring giving person Ive ever known he has served for our country and he was sent home due to an injury where he broke his neck he lived with a metal hallow for over a year and never complained he always is taking in people and animals and who ever he can help he will. He has athritus so bad now he has trouble getting out of bed he just now stopped working because he is crippling up he has his wife and 4 children living in a two bedroom house that should have been condembed a long time ago but it was still a roof over his familys heads and who ever else needed one he would never take hand outs never hes a very proud person please please look into his life and you will see for yourself what a great person he is and if anyone deserves this it would be his family. so many of us pray someday his pain will go away but this is something i can ask for him a know i have tried to give back to a man that is well deserved thank you so much for reading this and my god bless you sheri raymond

• Please help the family who whole life helping others without compensation

Please help the family who whole life helping others without compensation

Hi my name is Mikhail Kuzniatsou and I from Belarus.It is a small country in the middle of Europe in which is now a very strong crisis.
    I watch your show almost every day and decided to write!
    I want to tell you about a very good family from the U.S., which spends a lot of money and effort to help children from Belarus, and in return does not receive anything!
    The names of these good people are Bill and Leilani Pough!They have three sons. All are adults. Two recently moved from parents, and one still lives with his parents
    Bill and Leilani help Belarusian childrenfrom 1999. they donated money to a visit of Belarusian children in the United States and even several trips themselves in Belorussia that to help children from orphanages.
    They spend manyof dollars each year and in return hear humble thanks
    I from Belarus andi live in the home where 34 children .. (30 adoptive
    and 4 families)
    as you can imagine for my mom now very difficult times .. she hoped to help the older children, but it turned out that older children need financial assistance now!
    I decided to try a job working in the U.S. and leilani gladly helped me with this!!
    They sheltered me and give a separate room and found a job for me.
    Now they are helping one girl from the Belarus with admission to college in the United States. At first glance it seems that this family a have large cash but it is not...
    Bill works for a construction company, and Leilani help choose sites for construction of roads. They work very hard that to help others people.They are very religious and often help from the church people of the United States giving free food bought for the money!
    They got so carried away by the other that they forgot about themselves. they have a small farm: 5 cows, 5 sheep, 23 chickens and a pig! House in urgent need of restoration, building conservation ... I beg you on behalf of all Belarusian children they helped, if you can help them PLEASE
    their address is 537 Douglas williams rd louisburg , NC 27549 please answer as soon as you can! I will stay in the United States until September 22!
    my phone number is 9192103403
    THANK YOU!!
  • hi my name is crystal fensom im not sure if this is the place im suppose to be trying to nominate someone but i reall hope so i watch your show all the time and not one show has gone by where i did not cry

I would really like to have my sister nominated she is a mother of 6 4 boys and 2 girls she struggles all the time right now she lives in a 3 bedroom apt and there is just not enough room and for the past 18 years she has taken in alot of people that needed a place to stay including myself and my 2 children she cant afford to buy a house she also has 2 asthmatics who need a clean environment my sister is stressed out to the point she cries everynight before bed there is lots of cockaroaches in the building there is so much more she has helped so many people i really feel that she deserves a house to have more room for her kids and if she needs to help more people please please can you help my sister she really needs a house thank you
  • Really good the ppl are doing good stuff.

I Think this show is a really really good show because they build houses for deserving people but they don't just build houses the also do baseball feilds and comunity centers and hospitals they make big differences in other ppls lives which is really humane But they also did some things for the Hurricane Katrina survivors some of which made tears come to my eyes and here i had always wanted my house redone but i think I will let the good hearted people at the Extreme makeover do their thing and help the people who really need it I'll just keep dreamin'.
  • I am a single male who suffers from from biplor and eplicey and always trying to afford rent the only thing i have to show for all the years worked is a 97 ford explorer

i always love the show that was always helping people who needed it but the homes that can be given to someone who needs also get torn down i understandstand if there is no hope for the home to be saved but if it can be then it should be and given to someone else i hope this show keeps airing for the next 20 years or longer because it is a great show and maybe by then people would relized that we have alot of problems in our own backyards and alot of people dont even relized the problems when someone can not even afford rent or something to eat anyways great show MY STORY I am a single male who suffers from from biplor and eplicey and always trying to afford rent because i am not allowed to work any more so i live on what social services gives me when i appy for the next step of income support i was told that i do not me their qualifactions because i am not severe see in canad the problem is biplor is just getting started to get recuince as a mentaly disorder i would love to here from someone in the cast expecialy ty about this matter my name is ed
  • Military Families

I have been watching your show for the last few weeks and that includes the reruns. I enjoy the shows where you help the military families the most. The average American has no ideal what these service members go through, while serviing and when they leave the service. What you do for those family is great. From a veteran (retired U.S. Navy) I thank you so much. Have you ever thought of going back to some of those families to see how they are doing since you have help them? I wish you and all those involed with the show a long and happy life.

Sincerly,

Robert Mcleod
  • the show is great the help they give people is awsome

my only problem is why does paige have to wear that
    tool belt everywhere she goes if shes working on the house no problem but when she goes to sears or some fund raiser or when the house is done and she exits the house get rid of it ...... really just wear when needed and not when it makes you look cute seriously think about it nobody wears a tool belt to sears or a fund raiser just lose the belt great show good people keep it up
  • Energy Saving Heat

I have watched your show for a long time now and not once have I seen you guys use a product called Warm Floors. Warm Floor is a carbon infused plastic that can go under most flooring methods and runs on a 12 volt system. it can be glued, stapled or even nailed through. There is Zero maintenance and I believe it it guaranteed for the life of the house. This is NOT a water heated under floor system so there is no chance of leakage.

The company even has application for out door use so that if there was need of an ice free area say for disabled persons then Warm Floor can be easily used.

I hope to see this product in use for future projects as something that is good for the environment and good for the families.
  • Excellent Program

Good day Ty and Team

I am from South Africa and I am aware that we are most probebly many episodes behind but i have watched many episodes of your program and i believe that what you and your team do for all of the families is absoltely amazing.

I originally started watching the program only because i wanted to see the types of ideas i could get to redo my flat but when i saw all the emotions and hard work and care that goes into giving these deserving families homes that accommodate their lifestyles i started becoming emotionally engulfed in the program and in the hearts of the family.

i couldnt help but cry out my eyes out every episode that i watched because it is absoulutely amazing to see how every person is so appreciative of everythig that was done for them. You guys do a great job and i really would love to continue watching your program and you changing and improving others lives.
  • The show is great, but lacks the emotional intimacy for the parents...

Too often, the parents room is designed around the family instead of around them. In other words, the bedroom for the parents ought to be a place of solitude. A place for them to get away from the day. This doesn't mean a place to become detached. It is a space for romance, intimacy, and reconnection. To do this, the bedroom needs to have the ambiance and vibe the creates the mood for intimacy and passion. Use of proper colors, decorations, and appropriate pictures. Rarely does this include pictures of their children, which so often is the case in the shows. As a prominent sex and relationship therapist, I can personally tell you that this is a no no. For exmample, the parent's room should be elegant, yet simple (not busy), with use of appropriate colors and lighting. The crew has amazing insight into the design of the entire home...this is just the next level. Dr. Christy Wise
    www.drchristywise.net
  • Dear Ty, my name is Sergeant Freddie Peterson of Grambling State University Police Department. Because of what you and your team have done for many families. It has change my life in what I do as a Police Officer. Thank You Ty and the team

I believe that Ty and his team are a blessing from heaven. Ty has changes many pepoles lives for the better. I truly wish that I could take time away from my job to help the team with somebody home. but because of my job I am unable to help, but with my prays to ty and the team Im sure that they will continue to bring smiles to families in need. Because every time i watch the show at the end I feel joy and happinest. Ty and the team thank you from the bottom of my heart, GOD BLESS YOU.
  • Emotional and very awesome, wish I was part.

I have watched this show for over two years on various channels. I love how people get help from Ty and his cohorts. I almost applied to travel with the last year. But health and personal reasons prohibited the desire then. I am an emotional kind of guy (lost son to a drunk driver nearly 3 years ago). Episodes that deal with folks in wheelchairs are dear to my heart. The amount of love that goes in to every home by the crew and all the helpers is phenomenal.
    So perhaps this year again they'll look for travel companions. So you guys can expect my application if you decide to look for more help.
    One of the best episodes was of the Female Police Officer who had been shot and paralyzed. Then of course the Marine who is raising his children as a single Dad.
  • I think it's really great what Ty and the rest of the crew do for these people in need.

"Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" is one of my favorite, if not, top favorite home improvement shows on all of television. Plus, they do it to help people in need who are having hard times paying their bills and putting food on the table. Whether these people may of lost a part of their family, or maybe they just live in a house that's not going to make it much longer, the 'famous' Extreme Makeover bus makes stops to plenty of people that need help. (they've helped over 160 families over the years) The show has a great cast of teammates, led by Ty Pennington, with the help of Paul DiMeo, Paige Hemmis, Ed Sanders, and Michael Maloney. But of course five people can't do it all. In every episode, they have a supporting cast of hundreds of more workers, including one or two celebrities that appear somewhere along the way in every episode, to help rebuild the families' homes. With all this help, these wonderful houses are built in one week. I agree with some people who say they might go a little too far when it comes to spending money and making houses as fancy as possible, but I think it's to give these less-fortunate families an opportunity to feel like royalty. And thanks to the great fellows from Extreme Makeover, it's pretty easy.
  • Nice People. :D

Ty is very nice to help ill and ingured people by building them amazing and wonderful houses and mansions. Half the episode i remember well. I do wish i had the houses sometimes, But i'm happier those people get them. I can't believe they even do it when the people are not ill or ingured, Just when their helpful! A very heart-warming show to know people have ways to help people a little by building nice homes for the people who need them, And trips away when the people are working on the houses is also very nice. I love watching this and i watch it everyday! The idea show for people who love helping others and their family and friends.
  • a 3 yr olds christmas wish!

Mommy and Daddy said Santa isn't coming this year, I have been a really good boy.I don't want alot for Christmas,beside a safe home to live in.See our home is fallen apart.My mommy is really sick she has Asthma,and the mold and mildew makes it hard for her to breath.I would like my mommy to have a better place to live so she can breath with ease.Mommy said its getting colder outside that we have to use alot heat and that's going to cost alot on the light bill We cant afford to get mommy's breathing medicine.I know i am only 3 but i am a very smart little boy. I can count to 5 and can say parts of my ABC's.I just want my family to have a good Christmas and a safe and warm house to live in. Mommy and Daddy take good care of me.They make sure i have all i need.I help my mommy,She tells me not to but i have to help my mommy. I get scared when she cant breath good,I don't know allot about asthma and i'm scared that mommy will get to where she cant breath if this mold and mildew isn't gone soon. I want my mommy Safe.I don't want any toys i just want my mommy to breath better. I know there is no cure for Asthma.I love my mommy alot.It may be to much to ask for, but can someone please help my mommy live in a better house? I am only 3 and dont want to lose my mommy. My family is not one to ask for hand outs. But Mommy is scared that one day the living room floor is going to fall in and i might get hurt.Thanks for listening to my Christmas wish.I hope someone can help us.
  • hello my name is Karen Bell I live in Ft.Worth Tx and i have 2 children one 9 and one 11 and we really desparetly need help.

Well I and my kids have been going through a extremely hard time since last november and are still going through a very hard time and need help really bad. we just recently got out of 2 womens shelters because of my childrens dad abusing them and trying to kill them and myself, since we got out we have been living from place to place for the past 4 or 5 months its been very hard on us. my son who is 9 has been in 2 phychiatric hospitals also. I recently lost my car too so we are on foot anywhere we have to go now. I have been searching for a job everywhere but so far no luck at all. i have seen your show and know that ya'll are very good about helping family's out and we need help in our lives right now. I can't even get my kids any christmas this year and that breaks my heart too. all we want for christmas is our life back. please please help me and my kids. my e-mail is kaboo28@yahoo.com. If anyone out there can help us it would be very much appreciated. thank you Karen Bell
  • I just want to say how much we appiciate what Ty and his crew have done for all the families they have rebuilt lives for. Some of those families would have never been able to do any of the things that Ty and them have done. So thanks.

Ty and his crew are the most supportive people in most commuities. They help people that have no way of doing things themselves. I just want to give thanks to Ty and all that work with him on every show becuase you don't realize how much you all help people. I have watched almost every episode and everytime I watch it I just want to reach out and help to. I know that there are alot of families out there that struggle with the everyday things and at least some people is looking out for them. Me and my family struggle but not in disable way more financal ways. Some Families Can not even afford to put a good roof over their childs head and that is so sad, becuase they spend all their money taking care of the medical problems.
  • THE most beautiful show on television right now.

Ty Pennington, along with his crew of house-fixers, work like God and His angels as they go around, looking for families that need loads of help, one way or another. From making houses larger and safer for kids with disabilities to helping hard-working and poor families sit in castles, these guys host the only television show that makes me cry every episode.

This is one of the only television shows actually out there trying to help OTHER PEOPLE, instead of a show searching for ratings and fans. They don't care how much money they're spending; they're spending the exact right amount to help families in need, and I think that makes this show the most beautiful one I have ever seen.
  • i have a friend that lives in this house and there is many problems with his moms house. the houses front window leakes,and the walls have bugs flying coming out of them.they have fly trap's and they have to be changed every 3rd day. can you help

i think your show dose wonderful things for famlies and this famlie would benifet termendesley from your help. I have seen some of your show's and think they are wonderful, i think you are tremodesley amazoin on what you do for families and they look so pleased with the result's. I truel hope you can do right by at least going to look into this lady and her four childern ,please please please i heard this family's hardship from my nephew who hange's with him.only some of the things metioned in this letter above are wrong with this home. Thank's for your time in this matter. sincerly Deena De Costa
  • Just finished watching the Extreme makeover for the Vardon family.

Just finished watching the Extreme makeover for the Vardon family. I need to take a nap now from sobbing happy tears for two hours. What a wonderful family. They paralell our own lives in many ways. we have an autistic son who is 26 and two wonderful, wonderful children who are now in college maxing out on student loans though. We purchased an industrial swing set, against homeowner's association rules, when our son was 14 so he could swing also. The sensory wall and the sensory room is something we wished for. God bless Ty and his crew. You are the antidote to the nightly news.
  • Extreme Makeover is the best show in the whole world.

The show is great. I watch the show every sunday night and i never missed an episode. Ty is so funny with his megaphone and he can ve really crazy at times. the demolitions are very creative. also it is amazing that they build they house in a week. it is way better than renavate my family. I hope the shows lasts more than 10 seasons. they should try to do homes in other countries too. i would like to see if they can do a school in a week. so watch the show on your abc station every suday night.
  • Ty Pennington and a crew of contractors travel around giving homes to people who need them.

I really like this show. It reminds me of another really great show called "Monster House" which used to be on Discover Channel. The only diference is that Ty doesn't create houses with themes; he creates really nice homes for people down on their luck or living in squallor. My favorite episode was the one where Ty called in a psychic because the house was haunted. Very cool, Ty is a great and funny character, especially for a guy like me who imitates his fave TV characters. The work is always impressive, and the families are always emotional. It's a really great show with a few unanswered questions. Like, what does Ty's crew do with basements? Do they fill them in? And two, how many of his older homes are still standing or owned by the same people? I would like to see a revisit to any house sold after a divorce or lost by a natural disaster.
  • Life Changing. No doubt about it

I volunteered with the Swenson Lee Family's makeover and it was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. They really do care, all of them. I met Ty and he's got to be the most amazing human being I've ever heard of. He really seems to understand the value of a minute. If you've seen what other stuff he's done, you'll understand what I mean. These families are truly deserving as well. All these people talking all this crap about the show, they're either total jerks or they just don't have anything better to do. But that's life. The world's full of jerks, so you just got to live with it. When it comes to helping others in the world; it's not a contest. It doesn't matter how much money you dump into it or if it's more that you think they really need. One person's work isn't more important than another's. Again, it's not a contest- it's reality.
  • The only "reality" show that comes even close to doing honour to the word reality...

...though I must admit, I don't watch it as religiously as I did when it first began airing. I still believe in the premise and its inspiring to see this kind of show conceived in the midst of all the other drivel "they" pass off as entertainment.
    It has recently begun to bother me that suppliers are getting their "plugs" in, surreptitiously at first, and now much more blatantly. I appreciated their efforts more when true altruism was the name of the game, but what can you do...
    I also wonder sometimes what happens to property taxes that the homeowners are now responsible for, and logistical details like that, but in no way does it detract from the true intent of the show and its gratifying to see real people get the break they deserve.
  • This is one of the absolutely best shows on TV right now!

We are totally enjoying the new Heroes series that is currently being aired. It is so nice to see these people that have been great role models in their community get something nice. Ty Pennington does a great job keeping the series interesting and funny. I hope somewhere along the line you can explain how you select the builders for these projects? How are you able to get all the permits and building inspections done so quickly? As well as other tips for building or remodeling a home. We have already purchased season one on DVD and look forward to the opportunity to be able to purchase seasons two through six.
  • Hy.my name is Szekely Katalin,i`m writing from Romania.I watch your show sometime,and i have a quastion. If someone have problems in Romania did you help them?Sorry but my English isn`t so good, but i think you understand it. Thanks for the help. Ketinke

Hy. my name is Szekely Katalin, i`m writing from Romania. I watch your show sometime, and i have a quastion. If someone have problems in Romania did you help them? Sorry but my English isn`t so good, but i think You understand it. Because here are many people, who need a help, but in Romania we doesn`t have any shows, where the peoples help someone. I watshed your show and I think i write an e-mail with my question. I would like to help someone, i would like to have to a new house, but here is not posible. Please write an answer. Thanks for the help. Best regards
    Ketinke
  • I do not like the fact that they go so over the top in rebuilding the homes. They could help more families if they cared to.

5.5
    The backyards look like resorts. The interiors are made for mega-celebrities. Most of the time the homes look rediculous on the street in which they reside. They could help 10+ families for the money they spend on one. Oftentimes the home could be remodeled instead of being torn down. Instead they do the whole bulldozer thing. It's distasteful and wasteful, particulary in this economy. The time is over for wasteful overindulgence. The blowhorns are childish. Ty Pennington and his tearful eyes look phoney baloney. Stop being a showcase for interior designers and builders and make dreams come true for more people.
  • This is 1 for the book, I was totally in tears all the way through.

I feel so bad for the family after there devasting loose of there father brother and husband, my only hope for theme is they can carry on with there lives.
    They now have a beautiful Castle to live in, and live in a great community. I'm proud to be an American and living in a Great Country were people still care about there next door nieghbors. The family can find a litttle comfort in knowing they are still together and have a great future to look foward to.
    This is 1 for the book, my wife and I were totally in tears all the way through.
    We watch this show faithfully every week. This is one of the best ones yet.
  • I watch this show everyday and its inspried me to nomitate my mom

becuase she has done so much for us ( her four children) and the community (as far as helping people and animals) she needs a new place she is 51, handicapped and has Detearior retna disorder. which basically means that she could lose her vcision at anytime. so please ABC help our mom for us my brother is in the process of doing the application. she really needs help. Thank you so much. I think that Ty and the rest of the crew does a amazing job with helping out all families in need, you are a god sent gift.
  • this for my mom . I dont know if this is the way i go or not . But my mom is 58 years old . She has had this trail for 21 years . My mom can afford to get a new one . Because she gets a check each month . and she has alot wrong with her

She has dibets heart problems high blood pressure , and alot more stuff .She cant really walk really good and she might have to go in a wheel chair sooner then we think . This house is not were a wheel chair can fit in it or neather can she get up the steps with it . We have a had to change all most all the light socks and everything and u still hear the poping in them . The bathroom dont flush right and its so cold in this house and we have to turn the heat up high . I do live with my mom so does my sister and her kids . And i have a new born baby . I just want to do something for my mom because she will not be here much long and i want her to have a place that she can spend the rest of her life happy and dont have to worry about fixing this stuff and that stuff . The walls are so thin the bath room floors are falling in . I know we might be better then somepeople but we live as a family and we try to fix everything in this house and everything . Please my mom or no one knows i am doing this . She does not go out of the house just when she goes to the dr and thats it . I want her to have a home that she can enjoy for the time she has hear with us . thank u i hope i hear from some one .
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11