Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

ABC (ended 2012)

javnah

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Fan Reviews page 8 of 13

• I love this show and it is one that me and my boys site and watch together. They like to see the houses being brought down and then rebuilt. They understand and always ask how they can help do things like that too. It means alot to me.

Daniel you are a true inspiration. I cried through the whole show. They were not tears of pity or sorrow but that of pride and inspiration. I am a single mom of 2 and we have had our ups and downs and I have often wondered how and if we would make it through the rough times. After watching this episode I know that we will be ok. Thank you devil dog! If I was there during the filming I would have jumped the fence and held you in my arms, you are a great dad and man. Thank you for serving this country!
  • Just saw the show featuring the Gilyeat family.What an inspiration for everyone watching!!!

A great show honoring a great American hero. The house was designed to accomodate Daniel's disability while giving the family the sense of freedom they all desperately needed. Congratulations to all of you for a tremedous job well done.Daniel is truly an American hero. He has been through a lot and deserved to be honored with the class that you provided. Daniel has a love of family and love of country that can never be taken away from him. You made it possible for him to care for his family with dignity and grace. Thanks for giving him the home he deserved and for a wonderful program-------------
  • Really enjoy the show, think it serves a purpose unlike most reality shows. Highlights a cause, and then turns the living situation into a positive new start. Only downside seems to be more and more product placements/tie ins every week.

Its a very good show. Enjoy the host and the cast. Like that they make a hero out of someone and highlights their accomplishments. Also like that each show seems to bring attention to a different living/family situation and/or living with a disability. Only downsides that I've seen is the product placements and Disney/Ford tie ins, seem to grow from week to week. Along with the usual 20 or 30 product placements, it almost seems that they have the need to run at least one or two Disney plugs and one or two Ford plugs every show. I really commend the idea and the enthusiasm, just wish the corporate weasels would back off a bit before they ruin it.
  • One ugly house!

4.6
    In the most recent edition of Extreme Home Makeover the design team creates a Frankenstein house in New Hampshire. Resembling a collision between a lighthouse and a barn, the house is painted in clashing puke green and orange. No need to worry about anyone getting near this home. But after all it is the thought that counts and now these deserving people have a home to live in which is a key to keeping everyone in the "heart of the family". Rumors are that they will have a Extreme Home Makeover Makeover to repaint this house and create a new roof line that will fit into the neighborhood.
  • This show is influential it makes people stop and think. The people on the show all have terrible problems and your thinking as you watch I am so glad there helping the people and thank god everyone in my family is healthy and then you get that phone call

I would like to send in a request for the show you help people all the time that already have homes, but what about helping someone that doesn't have a home that just lost everything because they found out their 31 year old daughter with 4 children has a rare type of cancer. She has moved in with her younger sister who has 3 children of her own and has just got guardianship of her younger sisters litter girl they are living in an apartment. Her mother is trying to take care of everyone but it is very hard. The daughter is going to have to go to another state for treatment and they are looking for a house to accommodate 11 people with a mother-in-law plan for the mom. If you can do something with that the show would even be greater then it already is. You would be helping someone who has nothing and taking the stress off the sick daughter that is worried about where her kids will live while she is gone having treatment for her cancer.I know this family could really use your help just like all the other families you have helped. Thank you for listening to my suggestion.
  • I want to take the time to let the cast of the show know that what you guys are doing for people around the world is absolutely amazing! I always wanted to help people the way you do! I hope you guys will please read this.

My name is Derek Jetter and I am Twenty years old. I have a story I would like to share with you guys so maybe you can help me out, to help someone very important to me. I know that sending in a video is what you guys perfer, but i dont own a camcorder and I didnt know any other way to get this to you and your team. My granfather has helped me out in so many ways growing up its overwhelming. I look up to him in many ways then he cant ever imagine. It just doesn't stop with me though. My mother and father had gotten divorced when i was nine. My father, brother, and myself came here to stay in Ohio. We had nowhere to go and my gandfather had taken us all in. Things didnt workout with my father and mother. At one point my brother and I had been in a foster home for a while, which made growing up a little hard, but once again my grandpa was there to take us in even when he didnt have the room to. He had three kids of his own and the three of us coming in at the same time. It was so bad that my grandpa had taken the back porch and turned it into a bedroom so we could have enough room for everyone in the house. My grandpa was a successful man at one time. He owned his own resturant when he lived in Florida until he went through a tragic event. He was hit by a car and it messed his leg up for life. It shaved half of his bone off and now he lives on disability for the rest of his life, not able to work. Today, two of his sons are moved out with kids of thier own and they have families. My brother is no longer here as well. He also has moved out and has a family of his own. Even before they were able to move out he gave them and thier families a place to live until they were able to do so. My grandpa, father, my grandpas youngest son, and I are still living here. I am due to have a little girl of my own on March 1, 2008 and start my own family. Once again my grandfather is going to give us shelter until we can get on our feet. I just dont no any way i could ever repay him. Hopefully you can help me achieve this task because I owe him a lot. Thank you so much for taking the time and patience to here what I had to say.
  • Inspired

I have a 10 year old daughter who has never had a hair cut.She wanted to let her hair grow to the floor. Her hair was everything to her .She was very proud of her hair.She loves to watch your show but this one show with the young girl with cancer and no hair really got to her.She donated her hair to help the young people with cancer. She donated 10 inches to locks of love.Even when many people told her not to cut it that she would regret it. She was proud to get it cut and to have it donated.
  • I love the EMHE shows very much. The work they do is heartfelt and perfect for this world. The show shows us that people can make the difference in a violent world, and give families some peace and reassurance that life isn't all bad

Living in Canada I am glad to see what the EMHE team does for families that are going through tough times for whatever reason. In this world with so much heartache and violence it is nice to see that there are people who do things out of the goodness of their hearts for others.This show shows the world that even though there are disasters around the world that are on TV, there are also disasters that aren't. In today's world we need to see that there are still personal disasters that can be helped to make the world a little brighter for families that can't see any light.
    For the ones who critize what this show does are people who haven't experienced any real hardships in life. Anyone who has had children with a sickness knows how impossible it is to get help from government or organizations some of the time.
    Keep up the good work as a parent I am glad that my children can see that there is still some goodness left in this world.I hope to be able to watch your show for another 5 yrs. I just wish we had a program like yours here in Canada as there are families here that could really use your help too.
  • Good Samaritans

Congratulations on your 100th show

It was awesome to see many of the previous recipients coming together as a family. SO MUCH LOVE! It's amazing how you guys can do so much in such a short time.
    I love what you guys do for others and wish a heap of God's blessings upon all of you. If more people would think like you guys think, what a wonderful world this would be. The love you guys give to the people is awesome. This is the love that's talked about in the bible. Remember the love you give out will return twofold. Love, Marilyn
  • Hundreds of families could be helped instead of only one at a time. Most people would be happy with something simple.

1.9
    I do believe that Extreme Makeover Home Edition is doing something wonderful for families. What I can't understand is why they build these elaborate dream homes for one family when many, many families would settle for something simple,new, clean and sufficient. I have 5 kids and live in a three bedroom home and we are fine, it's what we can afford. I just get so upset when I see a home built for one family that could have been 200 homes instead. I hope that people can understand what I'm saying and don't get too mad at me because they are doing something good and charitable.
  • hi my name is loretta and is wondering how i can get you guys to discuss how to help my sister and her family and she has crowns and is on her 2 baby and is in need to get pls emailme if you can help

4.6
    she lives in apartment building right now because thats all they could afford on disabilty we would love her to get a three bedroom house but she cant she doesnt have enough on disabilty my sister name is patricia brown and her husband name is tyson brown and her little girl is jyele brown and her favourite thing is dora explorer.she will be having little boy with in three months and would like some help to help them out.i know she cant not live in a two bedroom apartment with 4 people she will have the two children in one bedroom and her and her husband in one and she is not allowed to have the two kids in the same bedroom because it will be boy and girl
  • how to help a family?

Hello everybody, I'm Antonio I'm an Italian fan and I know people reaaly need your help, mother and 3 guys, only one of this guy has a job 1000 euro a month and they have not a their own house, they live in a rented one.
    I think it should not be a problem give a chance to this family please tell me how and if i can help them .
    Any suggestion will be higly appreciated.
    Thank you for all people will give a little help.
    I use to watch this show form sat tv as i live in italy too
    you can mail directly to me

and in case you need to verify im saying truth will forward all my personal details

Tony The Tiger
    aka
    Antonio
  • I really loved the Merero Family last night.

My name is Mary, usually they show men in a bad way. But last nights show was very sweet to see. A father taking care of his five sons the best he could and his sons not involved with the drug street life. In one word "Wow", what a family. Love, without nothing. Home editions God bless you for helping them. The group of fathers who got $500 gift cards from Sears, Sears will be blessed too, for all their kindness. I see that it doesn't take a lot only people and business to just start caring for people. This world is getting nice because of you guy's one family at a time.
  • I would like to enter for an Extreme Makeover would you come to South Dakota? We are Lakota Sioux and are from the Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe

When you watch Extreme Home Makeover (lately) it has brought tears to my eyes. It touches your heart and the crew makes you feel comfortable and safe! Everytime I watch the show it makes me feel like I want to be a part of the show with the people that are there helping. I have a grandmother and grandfather who have a house with no heating system in it and it is really old. During the winter they would get stuck at home with no food because the roads are so bad there...they live out in the country and are both handicap. We always join them for Thanksgiving and Christmas...they also run a small church for the people who live in the surrounding areas. Everyone comes to the church for gatherings and bring food and sing church songs in Lakota. The church itself needs work as well such as heating and plumbing.
  • Hello my name is Falisa Sherrod. I am a 45 yr old mother of 3 sons (still at home smile!!). I am a huge fan of the show. I love the things you all do for families. I would love to suggest someone for a makeover. Please let me know how I can do that.

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is the greatest show I have ever watched. I am a faithful viewer. I am a big Ty Pennington fan (smile). I love the other members of the show as well. His energy is my lift every week. The great things they do to make dreams come true for others is such an inspiration. I too wish there was something I could do to help others. This show truly inspires those feelings of sharing in someones dream. God Bless you all!!! I have two aunts that live in New York (Long Island) who are struggling to make it since the death of my grandmother. There are family members trying to help, but there is but so much that can be done, since everyone has immediate families of there own. This home was my grandmothers first home since she left home at an early age. Everyone of us have lived in this home one time or another. All of our children love to gather there for holidays and birthdays year round. The house is old and has been said that there is no value in the home anymore. The value is not in the structure of this place, it is in the memories that have been made there. I love my aunts and wish there was a way for them to continue on the legacy of thier mother. My grandmother was the greatest person I know. I remember her making Thanksgiving dinner and passing plates out to the community. That is the kind of person who deserves to have her dream carried on. I would greatly appreciate any help to keep her place of memory alive.
    Thank you for the opportunity to share this with you.

Thankfully,
    Falisa K. Sherrod
  • It's the only Makeover show I watch...

I love Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. It's such a good show, and they help so many families. I don't know which one was my favourite but there have been heaps that have made me cry. So many of them have made me cry. Like I can see the families and the houses but I can not remember their names or where they were. I do like the one the did for a baby though. I dont remember her name but she had her room to help her develop and her brain to grow, and I remember that she wasn't meant to be alive but she is. I know their in Texas somewhere and that the father is a coach at a high school, but the name escapes me.
    I love that one. If anyone knows what family I'm talking about I hope you liked it too.
    Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is a great show and very inspiring!
  • I hope this show never goes off the air because in this world full of stress and pain, people need to know that there is hope if you have faith in our fellow mankind. I love that you pick real life people that are just really trying to survive but can't.

I must be honest and say that I have never been a fan of reality tv programs because I felt they were all about silly people that have nothing better else to do than to get attention by coming on these shows and doing silly and embarrasing things. Well, that all changed when I watched Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. I literally cried during this whole show Sunday, October 28, 2007, as I saw Tye and the group make such an impact on the Navajo Nation. I will forever be a fan of your show! Sincerely,
    Maggie R De La Garza
  • hello my name is daisy ortiz i live in akron ohio and the reason i am writting to you is because i am a huge fan of ur show i watch every episode there is and u guys hearts are a blessing. my grandmother who is very caring,loving,understandable needs help

she is very sick. she has heart failure,diabetes,osteoperosis and was a breastcancer patient.she helps her church organization and everyone else besides herself. she takes care of the community when its needed. shes so generous that i wanted to help her fix her house but unfortunatly i dont have a job due to me being sick all the time with asthma.her house is falling apart she lived in this house for 37 years and her son died there in her arms so she refuse to sell it. please i beg u guys to help her out. god bless......
  • Every show i watch is on familiar grounds. Our own house reno's have come with many dilema's. Such as figuring out where we will live while the house is being worked on (me, my fiance, our 2 1/2 yr old and 4 week old baby, my mother and our dog).

I would like to apply to be chosen as a family they could help, but don't know how to do that. It would take too long to discribe everything from how it all started to where we are now, all i can say is we are taking it one day at a time and realizing that we may soon be living in our garage til the house is livable. Basically we have had a hard time keeping up with the bills and the basement was crumbling, furnice was too old etc. My better half got approved for a loan to redo the basement and a couple other things. We can't afford contractors so he is doing the work himself. He used his holiday time to do this and has to go back to work soon. After my c section I went to Saskatchewan with my mom but we had to come back cause it was too hard on my daughter being away from her dad. But now we honestly don't know if the house will be done before winter comes and the only affordable option might be to live in our garage til it is done, for the rest of this week we are able to stay at a cousin's house while she works out of town but once she comes home we don't know.
  • This is An Extremely Magnificent way to changes lifes and a Hypoponomously great way to bring dreams true. Im elephantly Greatful to see such things done.its so amazing. .I Couldnt even imagine.Amen God Bless.

Acre 1/2 of land On Serene Drive Of Placedo texas. Been Home Sweet Home to me my grandmother and grandfather since it was made from a trailor to a house.kitchen/livingroom added on big laundry room back porch and work shop.kitchen and moms bdroom floor is caving in. house is rotted and full of spiders and bugs all over. yard is very well taken care of by gr-pa. gr-ma decorates biggg every holiday every yr. we have alot of cats like 9 and 2 dogs i sleep on the couch or bed next to the refrigerator. it is always home sweet home to me
  • comming from all the way from england.

hi, to all the people involved in extreme makeover home edition your doing a great job im lying your doing a fantastic job, all the lives you touch the lives you have changed its just amayzing. unfortuinatly i can barely put flat pack furniture together so building a house thats just a miricle. im curently serving in the royal navy in the uk but i wish i was working for you guys.but i cant see you guys needing a radar operator so i wouldnt be much use keep it up your changing lives.
    all the best wishes sincerly yours matthew Gibson
  • pretty good show...

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is a pretty good show, considering that they just make houses. The thing about the show, however, is that they rebuild homes for families that really deserve it. It changes their lives and it's great to see each family's stories. It's amazing the work they can do in 7 days and they really do a great job. Ty Pennington is pretty cool also; he makes the show a little more entertaining and funny. Overall, it's a great show that really makes you think: wow, I have a lot more than these people. I almost cry watching most of the episodes and it's really emotional.
  • This is the most amazing show on the air. What they do for the people are extemely awesome. I cry everything I watch the show even on the re-runs. The people that are on the show you can tell it is from their hearts.

This show should get more than 10 as awesome as this show is. Ty and the gang do just a wonderful job. I know they work hard in helping families and you know that they care and love doing what I do for the people and their families. I cry even on the re-runs. This is one show that I do not try to miss on Sunday nights. Can't hardly wait for the new series to start. They help so many people that need help and the community helps along with this. They do get credit and should because without them the homes would not get finished on time.
  • A wonderful series with both tears and laughter all the way

Every episode tugs at the heart strings with a family or group chosen that needs help from the team
    every episode has a different team which works their magic to tear down and build a new home in seven days (only on a few occasions have they failed the time limit) In the UK this couldn't be done in several months never mind a week At the end of the week we get to see the family return and see the house the most real episode I ever saw had the mom bark at her family to "take their shoes off" as soon as she saw the hard wood floors - the most realistic reaction I have ever seen lol
  • Brings me to tears, seeing them all misty-eyed and utterly beatific.

It makes you feel happy inside - yet sad, seeing this kind of show. You feel completely happy that a family has been given new hope of a better future and better lives. But what about the ones still out there, who probably will not get the opportunity to be on the show or get the help that they need so desperately? But I try not to think of that, while seeing the beaming faces of the families as they get a whole new house of surprises and seeing this light grow and bond the family members together. Maybe they now will try to help another family, as they had been helped? That would be the perfect thing - that they spread the happiness, try to do something of their own. That ought to be in the show - that if you get that new house, you have to help another family, or another human being. And they will pass on the torch. Just like in "Pay it forward" (if anyone has seen that movie). Try to help someone in return. That would be even more wonderful.
  • Awesomely Fabulous Show!

This show is absolutely amazing! The houses they build are phenomenal, the families deserve it, and the men are handsome, down to earth, and talented, the women are beautiful, down to earth, and talented. My favorite episode has to be " The Bliven Family". My favorite designers are Paul, Preston, Ed, Johnny, Paige. and Tanya. One of the things I love about this show is how personal, and how down to earth all the designers arE. I feel that the designers generally do care and they are not the snobby celebrities that people perceive them to be. I just absolutely love this show.
  • lovable

7.1
    I'm not sure if its only me, or does everyone else cry while watching this show? This show is so personal, heart felt, and most of all addictive. These are all good reasons to watch the show, but the best reason is to see Ty take his shirt off. Alright, so maybe the whole DUI wasn't very attractive of him, and maybe that raspy voice of his can become a real pain, but over all he looks good. The show is awesome, all makeovers are fun anyway, so why not makeover a whole entire home for someone and make it special and worth while? I think this is probably the best makeover show out here, everything about it is made for the homeowner suiting their lifestyles and personalities. I must say I love this show, i give it two thumps up!
  • Love it!

I absolutely love this show! My mom has watched it faithfullly since it began, but I never did. One night she called shots on the remote, so I was stuck watching her shows. I thought that it would be really stupid, but it was surprisingly good. Out of all the reality shows, this one has got to be the best one there is. Seriously. I love how they add personal touches to the bedrooms, or the backyards to serve as a memory of someone or just a personalized theme to it. They chose really good families too, the houses that get re done realllly need it, and it's nice to see some of this stuff on TV rather than that other reality crap.
  • I really admire ABC for doing such good things for those who needs the help.

I don't live in the USA, and we dosn't have that kind of show where i live. I think it is an awesome show, and the work they do is very important. every show they amaze me with a family that had problems, and they fix their house to be a castle.
    Every time i think "this time they done the most beautiful work ever", they managed to surprise me and make more great things.

I really like Ty. he seems like a great guy, a bit too hyper to my opinion (its not his fault), but still an awesome person, who does amazing things for others.

Love that show. keep up with the good and important work!
  • this show is realli gurrd--x i love seeing the expressions on the families faces to show they are happy..its a realli great feeling--x

omg i dunno where to start. Extreme makeover home edition has pleased nearly evrybody and so many people wont to go on this show..i wish i could go on this show and get a makeover on my house but its onli for houses that are extremely desperate--x im so thankful to ABC for making so many families happy and proud cuz it makes me happy and i'll continue to watch this show and continue to see all the lovely reactions given from the families--x i just wonder whether ABC get payed for all this hardwork on the houses. im definately sure that if i woz rich and had the money..ABC would be the first place to go becuz they're GREAT!
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12