Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

ABC (ended 2012)

javnah

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Fan Reviews page 9 of 16

• Nice People. :D

Ty is very nice to help ill and ingured people by building them amazing and wonderful houses and mansions. Half the episode i remember well. I do wish i had the houses sometimes, But i'm happier those people get them. I can't believe they even do it when the people are not ill or ingured, Just when their helpful! A very heart-warming show to know people have ways to help people a little by building nice homes for the people who need them, And trips away when the people are working on the houses is also very nice. I love watching this and i watch it everyday! The idea show for people who love helping others and their family and friends.
  • a 3 yr olds christmas wish!

Mommy and Daddy said Santa isn't coming this year, I have been a really good boy.I don't want alot for Christmas,beside a safe home to live in.See our home is fallen apart.My mommy is really sick she has Asthma,and the mold and mildew makes it hard for her to breath.I would like my mommy to have a better place to live so she can breath with ease.Mommy said its getting colder outside that we have to use alot heat and that's going to cost alot on the light bill We cant afford to get mommy's breathing medicine.I know i am only 3 but i am a very smart little boy. I can count to 5 and can say parts of my ABC's.I just want my family to have a good Christmas and a safe and warm house to live in. Mommy and Daddy take good care of me.They make sure i have all i need.I help my mommy,She tells me not to but i have to help my mommy. I get scared when she cant breath good,I don't know allot about asthma and i'm scared that mommy will get to where she cant breath if this mold and mildew isn't gone soon. I want my mommy Safe.I don't want any toys i just want my mommy to breath better. I know there is no cure for Asthma.I love my mommy alot.It may be to much to ask for, but can someone please help my mommy live in a better house? I am only 3 and dont want to lose my mommy. My family is not one to ask for hand outs. But Mommy is scared that one day the living room floor is going to fall in and i might get hurt.Thanks for listening to my Christmas wish.I hope someone can help us.
  • hello my name is Karen Bell I live in Ft.Worth Tx and i have 2 children one 9 and one 11 and we really desparetly need help.

Well I and my kids have been going through a extremely hard time since last november and are still going through a very hard time and need help really bad. we just recently got out of 2 womens shelters because of my childrens dad abusing them and trying to kill them and myself, since we got out we have been living from place to place for the past 4 or 5 months its been very hard on us. my son who is 9 has been in 2 phychiatric hospitals also. I recently lost my car too so we are on foot anywhere we have to go now. I have been searching for a job everywhere but so far no luck at all. i have seen your show and know that ya'll are very good about helping family's out and we need help in our lives right now. I can't even get my kids any christmas this year and that breaks my heart too. all we want for christmas is our life back. please please help me and my kids. my e-mail is kaboo28@yahoo.com. If anyone out there can help us it would be very much appreciated. thank you Karen Bell
  • I just want to say how much we appiciate what Ty and his crew have done for all the families they have rebuilt lives for. Some of those families would have never been able to do any of the things that Ty and them have done. So thanks.

Ty and his crew are the most supportive people in most commuities. They help people that have no way of doing things themselves. I just want to give thanks to Ty and all that work with him on every show becuase you don't realize how much you all help people. I have watched almost every episode and everytime I watch it I just want to reach out and help to. I know that there are alot of families out there that struggle with the everyday things and at least some people is looking out for them. Me and my family struggle but not in disable way more financal ways. Some Families Can not even afford to put a good roof over their childs head and that is so sad, becuase they spend all their money taking care of the medical problems.
  • THE most beautiful show on television right now.

Ty Pennington, along with his crew of house-fixers, work like God and His angels as they go around, looking for families that need loads of help, one way or another. From making houses larger and safer for kids with disabilities to helping hard-working and poor families sit in castles, these guys host the only television show that makes me cry every episode.

This is one of the only television shows actually out there trying to help OTHER PEOPLE, instead of a show searching for ratings and fans. They don't care how much money they're spending; they're spending the exact right amount to help families in need, and I think that makes this show the most beautiful one I have ever seen.
  • i have a friend that lives in this house and there is many problems with his moms house. the houses front window leakes,and the walls have bugs flying coming out of them.they have fly trap's and they have to be changed every 3rd day. can you help

i think your show dose wonderful things for famlies and this famlie would benifet termendesley from your help. I have seen some of your show's and think they are wonderful, i think you are tremodesley amazoin on what you do for families and they look so pleased with the result's. I truel hope you can do right by at least going to look into this lady and her four childern ,please please please i heard this family's hardship from my nephew who hange's with him.only some of the things metioned in this letter above are wrong with this home. Thank's for your time in this matter. sincerly Deena De Costa
  • Just finished watching the Extreme makeover for the Vardon family.

Just finished watching the Extreme makeover for the Vardon family. I need to take a nap now from sobbing happy tears for two hours. What a wonderful family. They paralell our own lives in many ways. we have an autistic son who is 26 and two wonderful, wonderful children who are now in college maxing out on student loans though. We purchased an industrial swing set, against homeowner's association rules, when our son was 14 so he could swing also. The sensory wall and the sensory room is something we wished for. God bless Ty and his crew. You are the antidote to the nightly news.
  • Extreme Makeover is the best show in the whole world.

The show is great. I watch the show every sunday night and i never missed an episode. Ty is so funny with his megaphone and he can ve really crazy at times. the demolitions are very creative. also it is amazing that they build they house in a week. it is way better than renavate my family. I hope the shows lasts more than 10 seasons. they should try to do homes in other countries too. i would like to see if they can do a school in a week. so watch the show on your abc station every suday night.
  • Ty Pennington and a crew of contractors travel around giving homes to people who need them.

I really like this show. It reminds me of another really great show called "Monster House" which used to be on Discover Channel. The only diference is that Ty doesn't create houses with themes; he creates really nice homes for people down on their luck or living in squallor. My favorite episode was the one where Ty called in a psychic because the house was haunted. Very cool, Ty is a great and funny character, especially for a guy like me who imitates his fave TV characters. The work is always impressive, and the families are always emotional. It's a really great show with a few unanswered questions. Like, what does Ty's crew do with basements? Do they fill them in? And two, how many of his older homes are still standing or owned by the same people? I would like to see a revisit to any house sold after a divorce or lost by a natural disaster.
  • Life Changing. No doubt about it

I volunteered with the Swenson Lee Family's makeover and it was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. They really do care, all of them. I met Ty and he's got to be the most amazing human being I've ever heard of. He really seems to understand the value of a minute. If you've seen what other stuff he's done, you'll understand what I mean. These families are truly deserving as well. All these people talking all this crap about the show, they're either total jerks or they just don't have anything better to do. But that's life. The world's full of jerks, so you just got to live with it. When it comes to helping others in the world; it's not a contest. It doesn't matter how much money you dump into it or if it's more that you think they really need. One person's work isn't more important than another's. Again, it's not a contest- it's reality.
  • The only "reality" show that comes even close to doing honour to the word reality...

...though I must admit, I don't watch it as religiously as I did when it first began airing. I still believe in the premise and its inspiring to see this kind of show conceived in the midst of all the other drivel "they" pass off as entertainment.
    It has recently begun to bother me that suppliers are getting their "plugs" in, surreptitiously at first, and now much more blatantly. I appreciated their efforts more when true altruism was the name of the game, but what can you do...
    I also wonder sometimes what happens to property taxes that the homeowners are now responsible for, and logistical details like that, but in no way does it detract from the true intent of the show and its gratifying to see real people get the break they deserve.
  • This is one of the absolutely best shows on TV right now!

We are totally enjoying the new Heroes series that is currently being aired. It is so nice to see these people that have been great role models in their community get something nice. Ty Pennington does a great job keeping the series interesting and funny. I hope somewhere along the line you can explain how you select the builders for these projects? How are you able to get all the permits and building inspections done so quickly? As well as other tips for building or remodeling a home. We have already purchased season one on DVD and look forward to the opportunity to be able to purchase seasons two through six.
  • Hy.my name is Szekely Katalin,i`m writing from Romania.I watch your show sometime,and i have a quastion. If someone have problems in Romania did you help them?Sorry but my English isn`t so good, but i think you understand it. Thanks for the help. Ketinke

Hy. my name is Szekely Katalin, i`m writing from Romania. I watch your show sometime, and i have a quastion. If someone have problems in Romania did you help them? Sorry but my English isn`t so good, but i think You understand it. Because here are many people, who need a help, but in Romania we doesn`t have any shows, where the peoples help someone. I watshed your show and I think i write an e-mail with my question. I would like to help someone, i would like to have to a new house, but here is not posible. Please write an answer. Thanks for the help. Best regards
    Ketinke
  • I do not like the fact that they go so over the top in rebuilding the homes. They could help more families if they cared to.

5.5
    The backyards look like resorts. The interiors are made for mega-celebrities. Most of the time the homes look rediculous on the street in which they reside. They could help 10+ families for the money they spend on one. Oftentimes the home could be remodeled instead of being torn down. Instead they do the whole bulldozer thing. It's distasteful and wasteful, particulary in this economy. The time is over for wasteful overindulgence. The blowhorns are childish. Ty Pennington and his tearful eyes look phoney baloney. Stop being a showcase for interior designers and builders and make dreams come true for more people.
  • This is 1 for the book, I was totally in tears all the way through.

I feel so bad for the family after there devasting loose of there father brother and husband, my only hope for theme is they can carry on with there lives.
    They now have a beautiful Castle to live in, and live in a great community. I'm proud to be an American and living in a Great Country were people still care about there next door nieghbors. The family can find a litttle comfort in knowing they are still together and have a great future to look foward to.
    This is 1 for the book, my wife and I were totally in tears all the way through.
    We watch this show faithfully every week. This is one of the best ones yet.
  • I watch this show everyday and its inspried me to nomitate my mom

becuase she has done so much for us ( her four children) and the community (as far as helping people and animals) she needs a new place she is 51, handicapped and has Detearior retna disorder. which basically means that she could lose her vcision at anytime. so please ABC help our mom for us my brother is in the process of doing the application. she really needs help. Thank you so much. I think that Ty and the rest of the crew does a amazing job with helping out all families in need, you are a god sent gift.
  • this for my mom . I dont know if this is the way i go or not . But my mom is 58 years old . She has had this trail for 21 years . My mom can afford to get a new one . Because she gets a check each month . and she has alot wrong with her

She has dibets heart problems high blood pressure , and alot more stuff .She cant really walk really good and she might have to go in a wheel chair sooner then we think . This house is not were a wheel chair can fit in it or neather can she get up the steps with it . We have a had to change all most all the light socks and everything and u still hear the poping in them . The bathroom dont flush right and its so cold in this house and we have to turn the heat up high . I do live with my mom so does my sister and her kids . And i have a new born baby . I just want to do something for my mom because she will not be here much long and i want her to have a place that she can spend the rest of her life happy and dont have to worry about fixing this stuff and that stuff . The walls are so thin the bath room floors are falling in . I know we might be better then somepeople but we live as a family and we try to fix everything in this house and everything . Please my mom or no one knows i am doing this . She does not go out of the house just when she goes to the dr and thats it . I want her to have a home that she can enjoy for the time she has hear with us . thank u i hope i hear from some one .
  • I am Trying to enter my family in your contest to get a home makover, but I can't seem to find an email so i can do so. so I thought this would be the next best thing.

I am Trying to enter my family in your contest to get a home makover, but I can't seem to find an email so i can do so. so I thought this would be the next best thing. My brother and his fiance have two children together and she has two children from a previous marriage and she also adopted her niece. They have been together for almost seven years and have been planing to get married for some time now, but it always seems that everything that can go wrong happens to them. They Bought A house five years ago in Port Sanilac MI., but before they bought the house it sat empty for five years. Kelly stays at home with my niece Penelope, she is three, and she has been trying to open her own daycare center, but they can't get their basement to stop flooding. A daycare would be nice in this area because the next closest one is fifteen to twenty minuts away. Now there is mold is the basesment and in the "master" bathroom, and it is really bad. My Brother Jason, has to have a white van for work and he had to buy what he could aford, so it is always breaking down on him and that makes him miss work, which means no money for the house, the kids or their wedding.The house isn't big enough for their children along, but she couldn;t watch her neice go into a home. It took them over a year just to build her room, Carly is fifteen and really needs her own room, but because the basement keeps flooding, they now have to take the money put aside for their wedding and redo her room. My nephews steven (12) and Jason (5) have to share a room and my neices Ashley (11) and Penelope (3) share a room. Jason and Kelly are so big heared that they would love to take in foster children but they don't have the room to, and that breaks their hearts. These are just a few things that have set them back in more ways than one. I'm not just doing this because they ae family but because they are good people and deserve this, and they struggle so hard and they deserve a new start. thank you for your time!! -Laura- joshandlauravarty@hotmail.com
  • I was totally blown away by this 2 hour episode show over 2 days where i live....Part 1, showing how this family lost their dad, who their dad was, and where they lived now, really hooked me in to watch part 2.

I was totally blown away by this 2 hour episode show over 2 days where i live....Part 1, showing how this family lost their dad, who their dad was, and where they lived now, really hooked me in to watch part 2. I had no idea how much the next episode was going to touch me...I pretty much cried through the whole show, the love that was so obvious from all the people whose lives had been touched by this family....I was so blown away that people could live with so much love in giving to others and I think what really hit me the most, was facing my own loss of my father when i was a baby. Because they kept going on about how losing your dad meant losing the provider and protector, I realised right then and there, just what my family lost too and I felt a new understanding towards my own mother and how much we as a family, all my siblings and mum had lost in losing our father too. I really want to keep this episode so i can show others, so Im looking to download it....this will touch everybody's heart. I now love this show and I am going to download and watch every episode when my uni semester is over.
  • I really enjoy this show also. I really want to register for my Aunt, she has 14 kids and they are all living in a double wide trailer. Her and her husbands are great people, but they are going threw tuff times. How do I register for them?

This is something they really need, especially with 14 children. If somebody could please get back to me or give me some information on how I could try to get this for them that would be great. They had to move out of there old house because they could not afford it and now there all in a double wide trailer. My uncle works two jobs just to pay bills. They are the most loving and caring people, and would do anything to help others I just think they deserve some help to them. I know it sounds crazy, but they really have 14 children. Thank you so much..
  • I love this show. It is inspiring. Showing that people can make a difference and help out those in need. Nearly every episode has brought me to tears.

I love this show. It is inspiring. Showing that people can make a difference and help out those in need. Nearly every episode has brought me to tears. To see the joy they bring to families is moving. We could learn so much from them. The communities come together and change lives. They get the job done in record time with many of the team members staying up all night. That is dedication. To be able to see how much people put into the job and see the end product is amazing. The families joy can be seen when they finally get to see their house.
  • A creative, uplifting, idea generating, philanthropic show which must be watched with a box of tissues.

Love this show. Find it uplifting because there are so many deserving families and we get to watch these communities come together to help. Makes you believe again in people. Ty seems to do everything in such a big way. I'm always amazed at the final reveal. Love his surprise room segment, too. I'm amazed by the creativity of design and how educational it is with all the steps involved in building logistics. We just had "IKE" in Houston and much is still left to do to get back to normal. Can't wait to watch this season, my DVR is already set up.
  • This is the best show I have seen in a long time. It shows the community comming toghther to help the less fortunate.My statement was a trend setter and thats exactly what the show is. I could watch it all day.

T.V has ran out of ideas and this show is the best yet please continue to air. You can practically feel the joy in the givers heart as well as the reciever.It shows communities comming together no matter what color, educational back ground or area of the city that you live in.I have seen all the different families that you have helped and it warms my heart. Please continue the good-work.Home maker overs cast is the best, you think of every thing and no stones are left un-turned. I wish you could come to my house. I
  • I watched the show a couple of times and I was appalled with the expense that was put in to one home.

The best thing I can say about the show is they do pick families that are deserving, but there are tons of deserving families out there. Why do they put so much into one house when what they spend on one house even with donated products they could help out so many more. I am not saying that the houses are't beautiful, but just think of the possibilities. Wouldn't quanity (being how many families helped) verses quality (being the elaborated house)be a little more realistic in the now. All Im saying is that in this day and age there are so many people that need a little help. Why not spread the kindness a little thinner.
  • Good cause??

3.9
    Ok yes these people are doing a great thing for these families and i am not gonna sit here and make fun of that but what i never got about this show is number one ok they put all this expensive stiff in some of these house's then they don't pay the bills so if this family couldn't get them paied before you just increased the problem trying to do a good deed i mean again i am not tryin g to make people mad number two they brodcast this on t.v. and they make these house's look real nice and all that and they take a tour through the house ok yeah cool right but how many of these houses do you think are either robed or someone tryed to rob it before the alarms went off i mean you just showed this nice house on live tv and yes theives watch tv to and it had all this nice stuff in it i mean it would be tempting to someone that does that for a living and again not trying to anger thw veiwers but third they go spend all this money on something like that in like a poor neighborhood when they could set something up to help out the whole comunity like a soup kitchen or something of that efect or they could just buld more then one houe they could build more then just one hosue for the people i mean yeah i dream house is nice but how about bringing some people back to earth why don't they just improve these people like rebuild there house but just like but the necesities inside not anythign really costy also not to big i mean a family of that was 5 that is now 4 does not need some big house that has like 6 bedroms ok they need three bedrooms that is it no more ok one for mom and dad and the other two for the kids but that is all i have to say about this show but yet again did not want to anger the veiwers just trying to tell you what i thnnk about this ok thanks for reading my reveiw
  • Angels Gone Constructive.

This is exactly why I have local channels. I love to watch shows like these. (Although I'm pretty sure cable has it too...) Come on. How often do you send a video in to a t.v. station and get a free house in return? Only on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. I just love Ty's voice. He would make a great actor. But he certainly does'nt need to act anything out for generosity. He has plenty of that already in his heart. I know Ty Pennington is a great man, along with the great other designers. The part I really love about the show is that they send them of to Disneyland or even a Cruise and they come home a week later and discover a brand-new house. That really touches my heart. God Bless you Extreme Makeover Home Edition. You're perfect.
  • Must see.

There is no way someone can watch this and NOT be touched by it. This show is amazing. What makes it so amazing is that Ty and everyone that is involved in creating the new homes for these families do not stop at making the new homes...they change these families' lives. They pay off debts, bring sick family members to the right hospitals for treatment/cures, help family businesses grow, etc... Everyone is struggling and when you see this show, it makes you think about what you can not only do for yourself and your family but others as well and it gives hope.
  • First week of April Arnold Chiari Malformation. A Disease????

Please research Arnold Chiari Malformation, it is not a disease, but a deformity from birth, that does not reveal itself until the youngester is in their teens, and go through growing phases. My two sons, Mike Medeiros, and Manny Medeiros, were both diagnosed with Arnold Chiari Malformation. It is not contageous, nor is it a progressive disease. Arnold Chiari ( the name of the physician that discovered it.

Malformation- Definition
    Abnormal developing, just as a "crocked bone", only there is an opening in the skull, where the base of the brain, grows past, cause the Celebeluim to be enlarged in the neck. This can lead to, entrapment and damage to the brain stem, which controls body movement( fine and gross motor control, walk, lifting, bending etc...( from the neck down). My son Mike suffered from loss of feeling in both arms, and pain in his back. His (long-gate)the actual length of the brain stem into the spinal area was only 3 cm and required surgery. Manny was losing his body control. He would be walking along with his classmates and just drop. Back around 1993-4 when both my son were operated on in Boston , at Boston Children's Hospital, by Dr.Gruamnorova, Neurosurgeon, she told me, it is very rare to have to children with it, in the same family.
    Many people will die at 90 years old, and never have a problem, others will, it depends on the serverity of the malformation. I sons did not have plate put in, there were problems already developing from it. My sons are now in their early 30's, they are 10 1/2 months apart, and they are active, normal work and live. They have children, and already two have been checked for it. I would refer these people to her, and see if she can help. Boston is always on the cutting edge of medicine, surgery and cures.

God Bless you and all your work. Doreen E Carter
  • great

i feel the show was awesome. i am touched inside every episode.while i was watching this latest episode i had many different thoughts running through my mind.my family and i rent our condo.my husband and i have been married 11 years and we have 2 boys.i have known my husband for 14 years,and of all those years he has been on workers comp at least 10 years.the first time a machine turned on by itself and crushed his fingers.the second time he hurt his ankle.we've woven bad credit partly because of this situation.all we due is struggle.i donot need the best home ever,but i would love to have my own home...especially for my boys.i thought that would be a good idea for the show.something different.a different way to touch a persons life even though they don't already own a home yet.on the show everyone who have been helped own something,what about the people who have had difficult times and would like to have their lives touched?????
  • amazing show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this show is amazing i great to see this kind of show on our tv cause everything these day it all reaily show and people doing dumb things. i think that what they do to help other people is great and they give it to familys that need a helping hand. to see how many people help and how fast and giving people can be. it great how they can do it in 7 days and how they work in any condtion to get it done. great show and i hope that they keep it up. it shows that in this wide crazy world that great things do happen to people that have had a bad patch in life. these thing give people hope and a new start.
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13