Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

Thibodeau Family

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Nov 05, 2006 on ABC

• An episode of love and lessons.

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is again the best family series of the week. These episodes show the love, care, and selflessness family members have for each other. They show us the same concern, love, and yes selflessness a community of strangers can have for one of their own.

Tonight's most heart warming moment was when a child emptied his piggy bank and donated his entire savings to the family. While it was only $13.00, he reminded me of the story Jesus tells of the widow who gives all she has to God. Just as her Son supported her, his parents support him and both gave all the money they possessed.

What broke my heart were the political advertisements following after that moment. They weren't before or awhile later, they were soon after it. Never so clearly have I seen the difference between two groups. On one side we have:

-----> The parents who would give their lives and their time for their children

-----> Brothers willing to help their Sister

-----> Complete strangers willing to give their time and money to their fellow man

While on the other side candidate asking to represent us and perform important functions on our behalf to aid and defend each of us. Instead of showing us the love and selflessness displayed by normal everyday people, they present negative, selfness, self-centered egotistical commercials about themselves and each other. It was a bad choice (IMHO) for them to advertise on this episode.