Extreme Makeover Forums

ABC (ended 2007)

On May 15, 2007 Extreme Makeover was officially cancelled by ABC.

CelinaRichterN

[1]Jul 18, 2009
    • level: 2

The show's final three episodes were burned off on Mondays starting July 2, 2007. In the fourth and final season, ratings reached an all-time low, falling out of the top 150 altogether, as it dropped to 175th place and averaged 4.85 million viewers per episode, a drop of 17 percent from previous season.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SylviaClark1

[2]Mar 13, 2010
    • level: 1
    I am aware that the show was cancelled and it is very sad for many of us who still need their help. I am a 44 year old mother who raised my children on my own and did for them instead of for myself all those years. I have a very rare flat upper pallet in my mouth with an extremely large over growth of jaw line in the top of my left side of my mouth. The local doctors want to do a facial reconstruction in order to fix it. They also tell me that my sinus cavities are larger than normal and that may cause more problems down the road. I do not have a job right now and have been out of work for over a year. My unemployment has run out and I keep getting turned down for jobs because of my physical appereance of my teeth. I only have two teeth in front that are half rotten out and a lot of my other teeth are now beginning to rotten out and I am very aware that all of this can result in more health problems. But with no job and no way to get a decent job because of my teeth it has just about destroyed all my hope of ever having a future. I am on my last piece of hope to try to get some help from this show or one like it. I am truly on the edge of giving life itself up because everything else is lost to me at this point. With the new health reforms and new medical plans that the president is trying to get for us, I am begging for some kind of help from this show. Thank you, Sylvia Clark
    Ardmore, Alabama

Bluelmoon

[3]Apr 3, 2010

I just hope they restart this show again. It gives people with abormal appearances hope and to be normal again in the world.

rosavermelha70

[4]Jun 9, 2010

It is really sad that the show had to end up like that, but hopefully very good and kind doctors are open to help us in our needs. Basically, after my pregnancy, my abdomem became completelly umprorpotional to the rest of the body. People keep asking me if I am pregnant or if I ate a watermelon. Boobs are also in need of a makeover. Please, generous doctors, I am beautiful and I want to put on a bikini again! Contact me at lillinhabr@yahoo.com.br. Thank you.

Edited on 06/09/2010 8:28pm
    Edited 2 total times.

mtm_27

[5]Aug 26, 2010
    i agree it's sad the show ended. i watch it faithfully evry week. i would sit there hoping i was a contestant. and i still hope that if a show similar to this would make me over. i would be the happiest women in thw world. i keep looking through sites, to see if a show like the swam or extreme makeover will be brought back to t.v. if anyone knows of one, e-mail me.