Extreme Makeover

ABC (ended 2007)

Extreme Makeover Fan Reviews (148)

• Annette Dodson age 15 need help plz

I love your show and I watch it all the time . I live with my mom and her boyfriend and my 2 brothers and 2 sisters and one sister on the way. My dad past away 6 years ago and I just lost my grandma That was every thing to me . all I have is my mom and brothers and sisters. We live in quick city mo . Will you help my mom and fix up are house. When I go pee and take a bath I am afraid that I fall through the floor and fall in the well we have under are bathroom floor . We have to us a tote to take a bath because are shower don't work, We have a big hole in are bathroom wall. We have blake mole in the house. The kitchen floor is falling in. My bedroom floor is falling in to and all are windows are broke in the house and we have a wood stove and no wood . Plz help us I don't have no one and We been staying at my Grandma's and she kicking out all we can do is go back home. I don't what to be taken away from my family plz help me. My phone number is 6202152030 or email me at you are all I can thank that will help we have to be out of here by the end of next mouth . Please help me and my family .
  • Kauffmans need help for Little Marcuslee

I know of a family that needs help and no matter how hard I try brick walls keep getting in the way. Our first thought was to build them a home and setup a go fund me account under Marcuslee and so far no luck. I have contacted everyone and tv personality I know for help. We are hoping maybe you can pull a few strings and help us build Marcus Lee and his family a home. They have the plans and a lot that they can trade for. We know we could build it from bottom to top for two hundred thousand with materials and us doing most of the labor. But we need help. We cannot even start without help. At this point we are at a loss and need your help. Please visit a houseformarcuslee, prayersformarcuslee and marcuslee on facebook and read his story and also visit the go fund me site marcus lee. It tells the story, our goals and ideas. Please help us as just to give you an idea of what the Kauffmans have endured they lost their farm due to medical bills a couple years after getting hit by a tornado. Marcus as I write this is at St Louis Childrens Hospital in PICU due to pneumonia, a rash, trachieitis and Rhino Virus. Please call Darlene at 417 356 0140 the Mom after you read the story and see how you can help. Just getting the word out will help as well to raise funds. Please help this family
  • Death of their 2 teenage sons, breaks my heart, they need your help more then anything EXTREME MAKEOVER

Family of Strathcona County teens killed in crash suffering in broken down home 1

By Kevin Maimann, Edmonton Sun

First posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 04:11 PM MDT | Updated: Thursday, September 25, 2014 04:40 PM MDT

Dalin Torresan, Dean Torresan, and Logan Torresan

(left to right) Dalin Torresan, Dean Torresan, and Logan Torresan pose for a photo at their family home east of Edmonton, Friday July 6, 2012. The three were preparing to attend the Armwrestling World Championship in Brazil. Logan, 14, and Dalin, 17, were killed July, 2013, when their car was hit by a pickup truck one kilometre north of their house on Highway 16 and Range Road 213 east of Edmonton. (DAVID BLOOM EDMONTON SUN FILE)

I read this article that was submitted on Facebook, I cant imagine what its like to loose a child, let alone two. This family truly needs you help. Please read this article and take into deep consideration in helping them.

Change text size for the story

Print this story

Report an error

Related Stories

Mourners remember Edmonton-area brothers killed in Monday crash

Strathcona County crash leaves two brothers dead at Range Road 213 and Highway 16

Carole Torresan rarely leaves the house that she fixed up with her two teenage sons who were killed together in a road collision last year.

With pictures of Logan and Dalin in every room, it's the only place she feels safe.

Now, the house where Carole still lives with her husband, Dean, and their daughter, Brooklyn is falling apart and the family cannot afford to fix it.

"It's one thing after another and I'm just ready to give up. But it's my home," Carole said Thursday.

Logan, 14, and Dalin, 17, were killed last July when their car was hit by a pickup truck one kilometre north of their house on Highway 16 and Range Road 213 east of Edmonton.

Carole now suffers extreme anxiety and was too scared to drive until she had to take her husband to the hospital in March.

"This is my safe haven. I have pictures of my boys in every room that I go into, and this is where their stuff is. It's the only place where I feel close to them. Anxiety hits me the moment I leave," she said.

"This house is where we have all of our

A leaking roof in August led the family to discover that their roof was rotten, despite contractors having apparently fixed it years ago.

After calling several roofing companies, a contractor said fixing the flat roof would cost tens of thousands of dollars. It's the latest in a list of repairs needed on the house the Torresans moved into 11 years ago.

When they moved in, it had no flooring, doors or windows. The family got the fixer-upper for a rock-bottom price and turned it into a home.

"We built this together. Every renovation in this house, and it's been massively renovated, has been done by one to five of us," Carole said.

"We are the ones who put our love and our sweat and our hard work into this house to make it what it

Carole said Logan and Dalin were loving sons and "amazing guys" who were always willing to help others. The two made headlines in 2012 when they travelled to Brazil with Dean to compete in the World Arm Wrestling Championships.

Carole said the family was always extremely close-knit, and things are not getting any easier as Brooklyn, now 17, gets ready to graduate from high school next June.

"People think that 14 months after you lose a child, you should be getting better. And that's a misconception. You're just starting to get bad at this point," Carole said, choking up. "You live in shock for the first nine months to a year after. You just keep believing they're coming home -- somebody made a mistake, they'll send them back.

"Somewhere around a year you start to go, 'They're not coming And this is my life

Friends have come together to help the family, using the "RIP Logan and Dalin Torresan" Facebook page as a rallying point. After bombarding home renovator and TV personality Mike Holmes with messages asking him to help, the same friends are spreading the word in hopes of attracting local tradespeople -- notably roofers -- who are willing to donate their time.

A GoFundMe web page has also been launched to raise money.

"For us to ask for help is a really, really difficult thing for us. Especially for my husband, to say he needs help is a hard thing," Carole said. "Every little bit matters to

@SunKevinM

Reader's comments

By adding a comment on the site, you accept our terms and conditions and our netiquette rules.

Sponsored Links

Sherwood Ford - $0 Down

Do Not Pay for 6 Months!

Click Here Now

Auto Financing

0 Credit? No Credit? Bad Credit?

100% Acceptance Click Now

Popular

Latest

Videos

Dalin Torresan, Dean Torresan, and Logan Torresan

Family of Strathcona County teens killed in crash suffering in broken down home

Calvin Soosay

Sex offender admits to touching a 10-year-old girl: Edmonton court

chalkboard

Teacher who slapped 'I'm gay' sticker on student in . now working in Alberta

Staff Sgt. Malcolm Allan

Man charged after bizarre series of hit and runs in downtown Edmonton

A bull elk in Elk Island National Park

Authorities looking for hunter who illegally killed an elk in Jasper National Park

Letters logo

OldRidersBoard0926

Farah Shirdon interview

Masked militant

MarkArcobello0926

Edmonton Ebola scare sparks Royal Alexandra Hospital Emergency Room closure

Pot food a growing problem: Cops

Plans for new licence plates killed by Alberta Premier Jim Prentice

Cop dogs place top 5 in Canadian dog trials

Take a walk in her shoes

Social activity

• Higgins Family

Hi Im Carl Oxereok . My mom has 4 kids that she takes care of 6 kids all together that continue to go back and forth. My mom continues to take care of all her kids and grandkids all though all she can afford is a run down 2 bedroom apartment on the bottom floor, don't get me wrong she tries and works her fingers to the bone. she goes to food banks all the time just so we can eat, and we are greatful, she pays 800 a month for a 2 bedroom for a really big family. I was just wondering if someone can help my mom by giving her a break may be a nice diner or something for herself. she has no help as 2 of our dads are passed on. now she's forced to work very hard and sacrifice for her family just to give us the best she possibly can. Now we would like to get my mom some help. Never hurts to try thanks for listening 907-830-5497
  • i need your help please

hi people . please i would need your help to change me , your are my last hope . how can i contact with you???
  • this is not a review but a plea

Hi there this is going out to the great wide world in an effort to ask, does ANYBODY have Extreme Makeover season 3 FULL episodes? I am NOT refering to the home edition or weight loss I mean the one that aired in 2003 and ended in 2007 but more specifically the episode from season 3 number 12 Aimie and Steven anybody have these on vhs and can either sell me the tape or put it onto dvd PLEASE let me know. thanks
  • extreme makeover for people not homes

what ever happened to your show where you helped people that couldn't afford certain procedures like dental, eyes etc... I am a mother of 4, and because of my pregnancies, my mouth has suffered for it. i have no teeth on the top of my mouth and on the bottom i barely have 5 left. i'm only 43 years old. i know that i am definitely not healthy, how can anybody be if they even salad is hard to chew. Please bring the show back and please consider me a candidate. Crossing my heart and my fingers, thank you.

• The only thing I have ever asked for !!!

This is the only thing I have ever asked for, and this is hard. But I know sometimes that one has to humble themselves and put your pride aside. Here goes, I have been through a lot but I am still here by the grace of GOD, and for that I am GRATEFUL. I would love to be chosen for an EXTREME MAKEOVER. If I am chosen for a makeover I would be so GRATEFUL and would never ask for anything else in my life, because everything else I could make happen on my own after that. PLEASE consider me as one of your MAKEOVER contestants, I would be so GRATEFUL. By GODS GRACE, Gail
  • Help I am down and cant get up!!!

I have been thru so much that I am so depressed its not even funny. when Im depressed I eat and now Im gaining alot of weight and cant get it off. I would like to have a make over to make me feel good again, I want to go thru the weight loss and the look make over. My mom took me last week and got my hair cut so thats a start. But I dont want to get out of my sweats or my PJs.. I go to the store in them and dont want to dress up at all any more. My kids say I need a make over really bad. I dont go out to clubs because Im a little over weight and dont have anything nice enough to wear. So please help me Im desperate!!!!
  • A new chance at life.

My name is Robin. I am have been married for 25 years yet I just ask for a divorce because he has hurt me through out the married,I have never hurt him. We have three beautiful boys that I love and that I have decanted my life to and have always put first. I love the chance to start new. Thank you.

• If you come to Serbia

If you ever come to Serbia, we are here, waiting for you. I know it's impossible, but again, we can all dream ...

My family and I love your show and admire what you do for people who do not have a way to achieve their dreams.

Greetings

Tamara Miletic

Serbia
  • a house for my parents

i want to know if you can help my mom and dad to make their house,they use to had a trailer house but a tornado destroyed about 5 years ago, they haven't be able to do or finish the house that started and they help his family on everything they can and my dad his diabetic but his a very hard worker and my mom and i think that they deserved the house so they can have a pleasure life please come and help them they live in eagle pass tx. my name is cynthia flores and im their daughter i live in puebla mx.

• Un techo para mi familia

mi nombre es Luz Helena Velasquez Osorio vivo con mi esposo y mis dos hijos, fui diagnosticada con lupus eritamatoso sistemico ,mi casa se encuentra en muy mal estado y fui evacuada por cuestion de riesgo en COLOMBIA
  • UN SUENO PARA MI FAMILIA

HOLA SOY CRISTINA TORRES

VIVO EN EL SALVADOR TENGO 3 HIJOS ESTOY ESPERANDO MI RESIDENCIA PERMANENTE PARA LOS ESTADOS UNIDOS MI PADRE A QUIEN CONOC HACE 7 ANOS ME SOMETI A UNA PETICIN FAMILIAR Y MI FECHA DE PRIORIDAD YA ESTA POR LLEGAR ,

LO QUE AMI ME PREOCUPA ES QUE EL NO TIENE DONDE VIVIR Y ESTA MUY ENFERMO TIENE INSUFICIENCIA RENAL EL VIVE EN NORTH HOLLYWOOD 12645 ARMINTA ST 605 CA

EN LA CASA DE UN SOBRINO DE EL .

NOS PREOCUPA PORQUE EL VIVE CON 9 PERSONAS YA NO HAY MAS ESPACIO PARA MAS PERSONAS Y NO TENEMOS DINERO PARA COMPRAR UNA CASA .

YO LE PIDO A DIOS QUE AL LLEGAR PUEDA ENCONTRAR UN TRABAJO PARA PODER SOSTENER A MI FAMILIA PERO, SE QUE LA VIVIENDA EN ESTADOS UNIDOS ES MUY CARA

Y SE QUE VOY CON MIS TRES HIJOS .

DANIELA SOFIA TORRES DE 6 ANOS

DIEGO ERNESTO TORRES DE 4 ANOS

CRISTIAN JOSE TORRES DE 2 ANOS

Y MI PADRE QUE LO LLEVARE A VIVIR JUNTO CON NOSOTROS ME ASUSTAN CUANDO DICEN QUE U ALQUILER CUESTA POR LOS $2,000.00 AL MES PORQUE MI SUENO DE IR PARA ALL ES TRABAJAR PARA SACAR ADELANTE MI FAMILIA PERO TAMBIN PARA PAGAR DEUDAS QUE TENGO EN EL SALVADOR MI SUENO ES DARLE LO MEJOR A MI FAMILIA Y VIENDO UN PROGRAMA TAN BONITO COMO EL QUE TIENEN USTEDES DE CUMPLIR SUENOS DE LAS PERSONAS NECESITADAS PENS ME PODRN HACER REALIDAD MI SUENO ?

MI CORREO ES

MI CEL ES (503) 7574-6357

• Paradise Nightmare / Mothers biggest heartache

Hi I'm from the island of Guam and never left the Marianas

I am a mother of 3 going on 4 sons, my oldest is turning 5 in April, second oldest is turning 4 on Nov. and my third is turning 2 in July and I am pregnant with my youngest (5mnth). I am currently living with my parents and is not planning on leaving because of their conditions, my Dad is Diabetic and is starting to have trouble walking and standing and my Mom is constantly sick so most times its hard for her to take care of my Dad and just recently my oldest sister moved in to the house because she was having issues with her land lord. We live in a 2bedroom house and we had to close up the living room and build an extension in the back for my sisters family of, all together 7 to live in. The space is not the main issue, you see we had a major leakage in the restroom that effected the small bedroom and the kitchen and caused so much mold and mildew to spread. We payed to get it fixed but the leaking came back a year later and then we had another issue with another leaking, the main water pipe, it really ranked up our water bill to the thousands, we just had it fixed but we had it fixed before but just like the leaking in the house it didn't last long for it to leak again. My main concern is the health and safety for my children. Wish I can tell you more but I can't explain through writing

• YOUNGEST 3YR OLD FIGHTER OF JMML A RARE CASE OF JUVENILE LEUKIMIA

Hi my name is linda my grandsons name is matty he is cardinal glennon childrens hospital for children fighting for his life with JMML this type of leukimia is deadly to children of this age and is very rarely found my kids were tiold without a transplant matty had a 5% chance of survival and with it a 50% chance of has been in there since sept.2012 they finally diagnosed my little man matty at 2 yr old with JMML in may suffered alot of pain where he couldnt walk we had to carry him he couldnt eat he would get sores all over his body drs did tests of all kinds couldnt find what was wrong since birth because of this being such a rare got the blood cord transplant in dec of was doin good and then he got sick running fever 103-104 they found an infection in his liver and hasGVH GRAFT VERSUS HOST DISEASE is the donor cells are attacking his body and he is rejecting the donor hasnt eatin in 3-4 kids wont beable to take him home yes the rent a trailer but they have to have a newly clean built place with no type of diseases or all clean air where he can come home or he will get sick because his ammunE SYSTEM IS VERY LOW HE CANT FIGHT OFF tried t shirts to get the word of JMML out there and she trusted someone they kept the money and never sent out the shirts we havent alot of money as im disabled and we want to get helop to do a t shirt thing she has the pattern pics of the fron and back on her sons prayer FOR MATTY on dont know what you can do if anything but my baby is a loving caring little man im his nana thats what he calls me he has a 2 yr old brother with marshall syndrome who has to have ear and eye surgery before he is five or he will be blind and deaf by age know there are alot of ppl with children like this have no donation thing or sponsers helping my children and its expensive going back and forth and trying to find a home for their basby to go home loves sponge bob as matty and mason call it BOB older brother brian is in good health thank not good at wording things or asking anyone for help i always do things my self but i cant help them this you for listening and reading this message MATTYS look at PRAYERS FOR MATTY on facebook
  • Burn Survivor needs your help.

I suffer from manic depression and have pain control issues from 7 failed surgery attempts on my back. 1998 I was in a motor vehicle accident that rolled over and caught fire. There was no time to get out the truck, drivers side down was fully engulfed with flames. My husband at the time knocked my daughter out of the way and got himself out first. He stood on my head and shoulders to get himself out, kicking me in the face as he did so. I am a published Author, my book "Agony" explains in detail the whole account of the accident and my 1 month stint in a burn unit. 30 % of my body is burned. My teeth have suffered from our lack of finacial help and are in a bad state of also need a tummy tuck. Can you help me with any of this? It would be a dream come true after what Ive been through. Contact info 832-404-3888
  • extreme make over

hi i watch extreme make over with Ty and i havea story. i lost my daddy on mother's day this year. and now my mom is stuggling. and i just foundout tha my mom's house burnt down and she caneled the insuarance on it when my daddy past so she cant fix it but it cant be fixed it's gone so i wonder if yall would do yall's magic and help her with her house. thank you Malinda Varney my number is 813-325-3967 she lives in oklahoma city,oklahoma
  • making a difference...

I think thats the whole purpose of what you guys do. Like the rest of the world I still not understanding the tragedy we saw happen in Newtown, I live near by, work in Sandy Hook for about 10 years and never suspect the Newtown cops would get any busy than giving us speeding tickets or something like that. Well... I guess I was wrong. Their presence was huge like the Fire Department, Hospitals, the community got closed to survive the pain, trying to fill up gaps w/ love. The same way now ,I think , and I'm sure we going to have a lot of people to agree, we could have an extreme makeover on the Elementary School, to celebrate the lives of those who survived, to show the heroes they made a difference saving over 500 lives, give the community one more chance to show we are together, we want participate rebuilding Newtown. please, take a minute, and think if you guys would be happy to help us to give Newtown other reasons to be remembered of. Thank you for all the happiness your show provides to the families, always going to your fan, please let me know if you can do it, i'd love make part of it. Denise
  • Sandy Savivors Struggle

i am 13 years old and i want to help my mimi and poppy live in a new house. during hurricane sandy their house got washed away. they lived right on the water and there was at least 4 feet of water in their house. right now they are living with us and its wonderful famiky time but they need to have a warm home to themselves. my family and i all think that this would be a great surprize for them. we all love them so much and this would be a gift that they would remember for the rest of their lives. please choose us because words dont even describe how much this will make all of us feel:)
  • Wishing to have me make over

Since, when i was young. so many times i encountered some issue that i am the one who have ugliest faces in the world considering that i have more scars in my body. That time, i was thinking that this issue will never stop until i die. I tried so many times to find some remedies to lessen my scars, my brownies skin but still not effected since im not the rich one.

One day, i heard about the Extreme Makeover and I am wishing and pray that one day i will be the one of the contestant, and am wishing i experience what would be my look after i make over.

thank you for this chances and hope i will be the one of your lucky guest.
  • struggle

hi my name is juan I am a veteran of 2 deployments and was well on my way to a 3rd deployment before I was released to go home to help and be with my wife as she suffered from an illness. Once I returned I went almost a year with out a job and it caused me to lose my home and 2 vehicles we are on HUD and government assistance, I am currently disabled from the military and have been waiting 2 years for financial assistance from the VA. Please help my family!thank you
  • In need of serious help!

I'm a 24 year old mother of 4. I can't afford medical assistance to help me with my issues. No job,

serious self esteem issues that are effecting my relationship with my spouse i have 9 teeth that are removed five are my top front teeth. The rest of my teeth are decade and falling apart. Im so busy worring about my kids that i have let myself seriously go If you can please help it will be very much appreciated
  • My uncle's wish

I this is for ratings nd everything but if some acually reads these and understands spread the word. My uncle is 57 yrs old and had a stroke that affected his left side his house is know where near livable please if anyone cares to help spread the word that help is needed at,

52 East 1 street

Wheeling WV,26003

Sincerely Brandon Anderson
  • seria un milagro si nos ayudaran

hola soy adriana tengo 36 aos 5 hijos , de diferentes edades vivimos en un pueblo muy chiquito y alquilamos , tenemos un terreno el cual hay necesitamos hacer nuestra casa y mi marido es albail y no nos alcanza los ingresos para hacer nuestra pequea casa y poder darle una mejor calidad de vida a nuestros hijos ya que entre la alimentacin , escuela , vestimenta no nos da un presupuesto para poder hacer nuestra casa mi marido trabaja por su cuenta y al no tener recibo de sueldo no podemos acceder a un crdito con un banco desde ya muchicimas gracias y dios quiera puedan ayudarnos dios los bendiga por ayudar a tanta gente .
  • Ms.Nikki

My name is Nikki I am from Miami, FL I am 33 and I have a beautiful 18 year old daughter and 7 year old son. I am writing you because I am really desperate I don't have a job. .I'm so unhappy and depressed about the way I look it affects me every day. I have hernia on my stomach ever since I had my son. My stomach looks like chitterling (part of pork), My breast sag down. I am single because, I don't have the confidence. How can I apply to be on the show?! I would like help to feel happy again and to be confident with myself.
  • Please help :0(

How can I apply to be on the show?!

I would like help to feel happy again and to be confident with myself.Im so unhappy and depressed about the way i look it affects me every day, it is also affecting my relationship with my boyfriend, it affects me being a mum to my daughter and I don't like going out in public. I would like to be happy with life and to be a better partner and mother. I know the only way to do so is if I get the chance of a life time to have a makeover it would complete me, and I could finally start getting back to being myself again. PLEASE HELP !!
  • Help out my family.

I am 19 years old and attending college Independently. I ask you to help out my family with whatever help there is out there, we are a big family 7 brothers and 5 sisters. Now its only 6 brother my little brother passed away when he was only 2 years old and now my sister that is 20 is very sick and has been in a hospital for a month now, she has some kind of blood desease and I dont want to go through what I did when my brother passed away. My parents live in a house that is in a not very good shape, and there are eleven people living there, my parents work from 8 am to 9pm every day of every year. Its hard for them to spend time with us or go watch us play the sports the we play because they have to keep working to give us what we want. I only ask for a little bit of help because I knkow there are worst families out there and I know they deserve more but I wanna be able to spend more time with family together as a whole. Again the help would really make my parents, brothers, and sisters very happy and thats what I live for.
  • help me plese

dear extreme makeover,

Hi my name is Rachel Campbell I am 15 years old. I was taken away from my mother a year in a half ago and I have been living with my aunt ever sence. My sister and i have been through a lot of hard times, my mom has now abandoned us and were lucky enough to have my aunt. Her husband died of a heart attack 11 years ago, sence then she has raised three kids of her own and now she is raising me and my sister. She has a lot of health problems, she has had heart surgery and back surgery. She has done a lot for me and my sister even though she has a lot of health problems. she has also helped a lot of people. she is helping my cousin matty get through college by letting him live here, because his dad passed away from pnumonia last year. i am writing this lettter because i was hoping to do something really nice for her. our house is falling apart literally the ceiling has fallin in in my aunts room and it is starting to go through the hallway. our stove is no longer working, mold is building up in certain places. our driveway has holes in it. paint is chippping off the house and we barely have a backyard its all dead and our patio floods constantly and is now turning into algae. there are 7 people in our house and 1 cat, 2 dogs. we live in a 4 bedroom house. the dogs are always inside because there is no where for them to play. it would be so awesome if you guys can help us out we have been through a lot and i want to show my aunt that im very thankful. Our adress is 23049 cerca dr. santa clarita,CA. 91354. if u wish to call my aunt number is (661) 373-7914
  • I really need help!

Hi , my name is debby mckenny i love your show and i would love it if you would help me with a extreme makeover , im 50 years old i have cancer , i have done kemo and i might still have cancer it is just hard for me to get around when im not in the shape to just get up walk around and clean and i have both of my grandchildren. I have been struggling for awhile now and i only get ss and my boyfriend lost his job im beging you to help me keep me and my family together , we live in a two bedroom trailor and all they do is yell at me and my family. I have always dreamed of owning my own home im not asking for anything free or a huge house just big enough for me and my family so can you please help me and my family , im begging you , so please just help us.
< 1 2 3 4 5