Extreme Makeover

ABC (ended 2007)

Extreme Makeover Fan Reviews (138)

• I think its great,and id love to have one too.

I think plastic surgery is amazing not only does it make people feel fantastic,it also boosts the self esteem.Personally id love to have the chance to have it done.Not that i need my self esteem boosted,its just the body that needs that.Carry on doing the good work,we need more happy people in the world.
  • A show where a team of builders pick a family that doesnt have a big or not nice enough house and they knock it down and rebuild it in seven days while the family goes on vacation.

This show is so nice to people and kids i cant believe it. They go from living in shacks to living in big mansions! They are so generous and they work day and night never get sleep just to build a family a new house in seven days. It makes people want to do that for others who have less than us. I want to start doing that after one episode of the show. I was absolutely amazed and so happy for the family i cried. Now that is a great show one of the best shows ever!! I love it.
  • What a great idea for a show! Who thought of this ?! IT IS GREAT!!

This show is incredible! It gives people who believe they have flaws the chance to change and liven up! I love it! I wish I myself could participate in the show! I would be much more confident and ambitious in life! Good luck to all the participants who have already been affected positively by this experience!
  • People go from ugly to attractive on this show

7.2
    This show can be disgusting when they show the part where they might say get their teeth straightened, or LASIK done. I think it's okay when they do their hair. That's NOT gross. I woudn't say they are knockouts after their makover is done. I really need a makeover too.
  • How can one get on the show

If you have information on how to apply please email me at Twinwh@yahoo.com I really love the show and I would like to know if anyone knows how to apply for the show, I would love to send my mother on the show...She deserves it! My mother has been a single mom of 3, including twins (Me and my sis), she has written and published a book called \"My Fresh ideas\", She used to model but after my brother and the two of us, she kinda fell off. I would appreciate any info you have. Thank-you!
  • I live in Panama in Central America, what can I do to get an extreme makeover.

I live in Panama in Central America, what can I do to get an extreme makeover. I´m 32 years old, single, no kids, I still live with my parents and because of my job I´m getting fat. I have a rotative schedule and this makes me eat at any time. Also I´m not able to do exercise. I want to meet someone to have a family and continue being beautifull, please help me.
  • extreme makeover is such an eye opening programme as i am in the same situation as some of the people that have appereared on the show it is such a comfrt to know that there is hope for people out there that there is a light at the end

of a tunnel and the chance to be able to walk down the road with your head held high and not having to hide and to just be happy and enjoying life because they have been given the chance to by the extreme makeover team but as they say everybody is entitled to there own opinion and this is mine
  • Thank You!

Hello I think Extreme Makeover is awesome! there\'s wheel chairs for people that cannot stand up at all. They strap there legs in and the person can stand up w/out falling! This show is so awesme and perfect! I hope it continues for years to come! Thank You ABC!
  • Extreme makeover is for me the best reality show that ever exist. To change someone's appearence in order to make someone's life better, is like a dream come true, is like going to paradise on earth... and not only for women, men also care about his appea

Well, I'm a portuguese fan of your reality show, I find your work simply a miracle, the things you do to turn someone's dream come true is absolutely wonderfull, I have no words to express my happiness when watching your show.
    I'm sad because I can't participate in extreme makeover, we don´t have a show like yours in Portugal, and United States of America is very far from my country... I'm 29 years old, married and I have a lovely and adorable 3 year old daughter, but i'm not happy with my body. I know I'm not ugly, I have a pretty face, fat but pretty, but I got fat a few years ago, and I can go back to my previous weight... I'm 1,60 meters and I weight 92kilos, my ideal weight should be 55kilos...
    well, I've almost lost my hope on getting thin, and I'm sure that if I lived in America, I would already contact you to try an extreme makeover...
    So, congratulations for your miracles and keep on with your job.
    Kisses for all of you!
  • hi there i think the guys on extreme makeover home edition do a fantastic job and i wish that i can do a job like that in south africa but unfortunately i dont have the money to help people here.

6.8
    i would be greatful is home edition could come over to south africa and help me help people who are less fortunate that would love to have a home and cannot afford it. I have used up all the money i have to help children less fortunate than i have to put roofs over there heads and my husband says that i should not help people that i should help out my family.yes he is right but there are children that are living on the streetsa and they want just to have a roof over there heads in the winter
  • This show appeals to the lowest of our sensibilities ...

3.9
    like vanity, envy and pretty much every other deadly sin. Of course I've seen this show because it peaked my curiosity early on. After seeing a few episodes, I caught on pretty quickly. Before, the man, or usually woman was frumpy and dull and after their life is all of a sudden fabulous. The saddest part of this show wasn't the fact that people were fooled into believing that plastic surgery would cure their self esteem-but that afterwards, some of the contestants looked more screwed up than they did before. And yet, they didn't realize how good they had it before. It was like the Emperor has no Face. Terrible premise for a show. I'm just glad someone realized it.
  • a true blessing from heaven, for many who wouldn't have a chance at life. bless whoever is paying for this and all those who are giving of themselves.

Never have I seen a show that has more human interest,people who are given a chance at life and don't have to paye a dime to do it. Even more you pamper them and treat them a royalty, and none is treated any different than the one before them. words just cannot express what it means to see lifes chanced for the better and see the joy on their faces that will last more than a day.
  • This show is truely ahead of it's time. I cant even imagine the impact this could make in anyone's life. To have the opportunity to deal with physical issues that you really have no control over from birth,.. I am impressed beyond belief.

I am amazed and in awe of the impact this show must have on those you help, not to mention those in your viewing audience. I sat spellbound while watching this show for the first time recently with my husband. I can't think of anything better than to help someone with self esteem. It is a problem we all share..things we would change about ourselfs, that we have had no control of in the first place. I am glad to see that there is at least a percentage of people out there who can receive that opportunity. And in such a short time!!! Wow!!! It made me think that anything is possible..that you could lose that much weight, and change things about you in such a short time. (I realize that T.V. shortens this considerably..even still, to do it in a year would be fast in my opinion). Good Job to those in front of the camera's and those behind them!!! I am so very impressed...and can't see how anyone else couldn't be as well.
  • i hope u r going to give my mother a chance . She is a sweet person and she has 3 girls. She needs this more then anything u could think of . She has been singel for over 13 years and maybe a little bit longer.

Hi and am a gurl named Destiny and. i am writeing this to tell u about my mother. She is 46 years of age and she needs a extreme makeover. She is a great person she thoughtful and she .Has always wanted this . She is a careing person and she has given up every thing .she does not have alot of stuff . She rather give up every thing to me and my sisters. Then be happy.So i am hopeing u will get back at me and . Let her have this chance to look and feel better about her self . Well my name is Destiny and i want to .Thank You for your time . Bye Ps: Please write me back !
  • About Extreme makeover

I'm sorry for my english but i'm a 23 years hold italian guy_I don't know what i have to say about this show_The first time i've seen it i've tought "Does really exist something like this show?!"_Then, after ten,eleven etc. times, i started to love it with passion_Is fantastik how the people prove emotions after them transformations_I think is a wonderfull show becouse it is full of scenic effects that are not false but real like in the person's life_I hope "Extreme makeover" make "street" on tv and other person will have possibilities to watch it becouse is full of life, real life, like a dream, the dream of every person_I'd like to take part to the show but in await i'll press on to watch tv_
    Thanks a lot to the staff_
    Gabriele,italy,rome_
  • So Dreams Do Come True

This show is a perfect example of " Dreams really do Come True." It is so wonderful for you all to do what you do. This show is definately addictive. My husband watched it with me one night and has gotten so into it that he will record a game that's on at the same time just to watch it when it's being aired. I think everyone wishes they could make changes to their bodies, but unfortunately we all can't afford it. This show is great. This was a remarkable idea. My favorite thing to watch is how you turn a woman's body back if not more beautiful than before she started having kids. I think every Mom would agree with me that would be the ultimate dream of a lifetime.
  • Olha... esse Realiy é mt bom.. porém tem seus errinhos básicos...

Eu concordo com o Fórum e acho o Extreme Makeover muito muito muito bom..., porém..., acho que deve haver alguma mentirinha ai no meio..., eu ainda não consigo acreditar de que eles consigam reformar casas daquele tamanho em apenas sete dias!!!..., acho que a ABC deve estar dando algum truque nos Telespectadores..., mas aqui no Brasil eu tambe´m não gosto daqueles comerciais enormesss!!!... caramba! o tempo que dá um comerial é o tempo de dormir e acordar cem vezes e tomar uns duzentos cafés!!! LOL

Brincadeira.... mas..., porém de tudo isso tirando todos esses defeitinhos ruíns e irritantes o reality atmbe´m é bom!

Passa todos os Domingos às 8:00 PM e com reprises às quartas..., aqui no Brasil a emissora é People+Arts..., mas acho que ai nos EUA de ve ser ourra com certeza.

Bjos.

Cauê :)
  • hi,i love this show its how feel about myself and does any1 who knows how i can apply to go on this as a makeonver would make my life so better for me. please someone let me know how to apply to extreme make over. contact on vicky_lily@hotmail.co.uk.

i love this show its so inspirational to me, the way u help people make themselves feel better etc and ilove this to be me one day i could feel better about myself so me and my children can start to live a life of happiness instead of them seeing mummy sad all the time, please can someone help me contact the show on how to apply to go on extreme makeover
  • my name is barbett please help me with a make over i was in a busive relationship can't even get a job because of the teeth that's missing in the front of my mouth i get turn away from job's i have the skills but i don't have the aperients, God bless

This tv show is wonderful it's a blessing from God extrem make over is Gods work because he always help people he make people happy, he makes them smile again walk talk eat drink and just love life!! extrem make over care's about people and i love you for that, i hope to be part of the show some day thank you again your the best i never miss your show your the best!!!! (smile)
  • Keep this program on the air "Please", I enjoy this show.

I'm so glad that this show is back on the air,I'am hoping that I can be a canidate to have an Extreme Makeover for me (Debbie Lower) and my friend Linda Garmon we are both in our 50'S. But I really look forward in watching this Program it makes me fill better knowing that someone out there are helping people to improve there lives 100%. Please do not take this off the air anymore "Please".
  • Hi, I want to start by saying how much I enjoy watching what this show does for people who may not be fortunate enough to do for themselves. When I see what yall do for people on the show all I can say is, "they are blessed".

I have tried several times to apply myself, but I can't seem to figure out the procedures. Then again, I haven't been lucky enough to win anything in the past so I'm sure this won't be any different. I really hate the way I look, and the worst part is, my daughter even questions why my teeth are the way they are; and will hers be the same. I assure her that hers won't get this way. I cry everytime I think about the way I look, and how everyday it gets worst. Thank you for listening.
  • My name is Abby and I really want my mom to go onto this show. She really deserves an extreme makeover. She does everything for my sister and I and she deserves this in return.....

(continueing from summary) She works all the time, trying to get the money to buy my sister and I what we want and leaves no time or any money for herself. I believe that after having 3 children, and being 48 years old, my mother should get an extreme makeover to boost her self confidence and make her feel beautiful again! :) If my mom got the chance to be on this show, it would change her life. I believe she would be much happier with herself and her life if she had a little help from the Extreme Makeover team! I love this show, it is very influencial, in the way that someone can turn themselves around and feel young and beautiful again. It is amazing what the people go in looking like and come out looking like.
  • I thought that this show was one of the most wonderful Makeover shows that I've ever seen. It really boosted the self-esteem of those who had the makeover, changing their lives and the ones around them in a positive way.

We would always want the week to go by faster
    just so we could sit on the couch and watch it together. Just when the season was coming to an end, I would periodically glance over at my mom, who would be ingrossed it it and not notice, and a thought had struck me. Wouldn't it be great if she had gone on the show? I backed up the thought, thinking about her past. Her dad had been sick all growing up, until she had reached 19 and he had died. Along with her other 3 sisters she was abandoned by her mother, and she then married my dad. She had My brother, and then me, when I was 1 she divorced him. During her marriage she recieved daily stress, and it took its toll on her face, and body. Once I was 10 she married a man she had met through her sister. She was married to him for 8 yrs, during which she had my sister. He turned out to be a loser. Leaving home for long periods of time then calling from jail only to reveal that he was sentenced a year in there. He would then come crawling back, and she would take him back, only if he began working again. There was a time when he was clean for a 1 yr. She had just began trusting him enough to leave her job to stay with us, Taking us to school and such. Then he left again, taking his check with him. She had to struggle through that time, wondering if she was going to have money for rent. Then in 2000 her mother died. Now she hadn't been very close to her in the last few years, but she was her mother. That added stress, added to her body. Then 2 years ago, her friend of 20 years died at our house. And to make matters worse it was on Easter sunday. That and her friends family's undying accusations that she had stolen things, added even more stress...if that was even possible. Seeing her 6 yr old daughter struggle without a father, hurt her. After having my sister she grew 2 spots darker than the rest of her face. Each morning she has to pack on cover up, and that doesn't even give her the confidence she needs. She has gained weight and lost weight. Right now she is exercising daily, but not really losing the weight she wants to be losing. Her hair is greying due to the stress over the years, and has to get it dyed frequently. Just last year my great-grandmother died, again at our house. This death was extremely difficult for my mother, because they had a very special relationship. She was really the only one she could talk to besides me. Today, she is 43, a single mom, and is still stressed out. Her passion, to work for the County, was sortof blown out of the water, when they declined her the spot. As you can see, all of this is the reason why I think she would be the PERFECT applicant for the show. This is why I hope that it stays on air. I would love to see her Confident at whatever she does, to see her just put clothes on and walk into a store without makeup and not care. I'd love to see that, because to me, she deserves it most of all. Thank you. God bless.
    ~Audrey
  • Is Extreme Makeover still taking applications because it keeps sending me to the home edition and my looks are my problem.

6.2
    I wish to get a extreme makeover so I don't look 10 years older then I actually am. Not to mention my teeth embarrass me . I don't even like going outside my house anymore :( What do we have to do to get the shows attention? Can anyone tell me what direction to go to find where the applications are because that would be a blessing not just only to me but the rest of the world too. I need my teeth done my tummy tucked I need to shed my weight and my nose needs to be shorten and the wrinkles from my face I want gone. I have thunder thighs and the flab on my arms could make me fly. Please someone help.
  • hi please read my review and help me pleas.

hi my name is haifa saad i got maried i was 16 i had 3 children i put so mush wieght and i have lost it now i am 32 i dont like the shape of my stomach my breast 2 flat my i wish u can realy help me do it becouse i cant affordit .i wear glasses as well which i hate about my self please help i never did any thing for my self befor just me .thank u.
  • My mom needs an extreme makeover It hurts me that she cant stand looking at her self shes always trying to lose weight even though she looks beautiful she is a single mom who has alaways supported us even if it took all her time and money to do it ......

she really needs this it would bring her back to life again and stop worring about what other people think about her shes scared nto show her teeth so she never smiles..and well i miss that..shes beautiful but if you guys were to help this would change how she looks at her self and maybe she'll have more confidenice to smile and stop trying do hard to lose weight .......PLEASE if there is anything you can do please help......
  • My mum needs a extreme makeover shes tried losing weight but cant she has no teeth due to a relationship. She is always downing her self because she thinks she cant have a relationship with anyone knowing she has no teeth.Please give my mum a makeover.

Please give my mum an extreme makeover she deserves it she is always buying good clothes for her childern and not her self she reckons she wont get a boyfriend because she is over weight and has no teeth. She thinks so whats the use of going out with her friends or having good clothes if she has not got the smile or the image. My mum has worked her bum off since the day us kids were born she deserves this so much. I think that she will be going out with her friends buying clothes for her self trying to get into a relationship. Just makin her self feel good for a change. My mum is such a good person she is so giving she is always trying to give a much as she can to help someone who needs it. So please extreme makeover come to Australia and give my mum an extreme makeover. Thankyou so much for reading this. Shonaxxoxx
  • I am not totally sure on where to write to you, but It would be a help if someone could send me and application to my email address. Thank you

I am not totally sure this is where to write at but I guess I'll go for it. I live in NJ and this isn't for me this is for my mother. I am not going to sit here and beg for anything. I would just love if you took the time and read this. My mom is 38 years old. She has the hard life, she has nothing to look forward of coming home to after her long shift hours besides her children. One time she came in from a local store crying because nobody will hold the door for her because she says she over wait and she's not gorgeous. It really breaks my heart into a thousand pieces when I hear her talking herself down. She needs her self esteem back, not only that but she has problems heal spires that she can't afford to get fixed, she doesn't have the best eye sight, she has back problems and more. She lost her mother about 4 years ago, my whole family has moved away and she has nobody but us. She is always depressed and I think a huge part of her problem is how she feels about herself. It would be a dream comes true if you guys came through to me. We watch your show all the time and we cry every time we do. I want her to look at herself and be like I am beautiful and I know that you are the right people to do that. Please, just please make my mom feel better about herself and give her, her smile back. Thank you very much
  • I just love this show. Thankyou!

I realy love this show. It brings tears to my eye's every time i watch it. Sheer happiness for the people and there transformations. I myself struggle so bad with the way i look as i have such bad teeth that i cannot afford to get fixed, I'm only 36 so i know the hardache those people have gone through. I used to have the biggest smile, but i don't dare anymore. I'm just so happy you can make a new and better life for those people you have worked on. You and them are my hero's. I just love this show and wish here in Australia, we had something so positive to watch.I would ask to get a make over for myself. Extreme makeover is the best show ever.The extreme makeover team are just wonderful.
    Thankyou for letting me be part of someone else's happiness and thankyou for helping those that are in need for a betta future.
  • hello our names are charissa, declyn and andrew and we are writing this review to get our mum and extreme makeover and make her dream come true

my mum is beautiful but she doesnt think that. she has been through alot in her life. she had cancer 6 years ago and ever since then she has not been herself she has had trouble with her weight but whatever she does nothing happens. she has been wanting a makeover for years and lately she has been really down and upset because she thinks she is ugly. we hate seeing our mother like this and we want the mum that we had before the cancer back. its really hard when we see her crying and we want that to change. by giving her her dream of having an extreme makeover
< 1 2 3 4 5