Extreme Paranormal

A&E (ended 2009)

Extreme Paranormal Fan Reviews (12)

3.4
  • probably the worst ghost hunting show in history.

This is very bad and disrespectful to the sports I'm glad this show didn't last long.
  • very disrespectful and fake

I just watched the episodes with the loisianna voodoo and pennhurst assylum. The techiques they use on their investigations are completely unethical. They performed a Voodoo ritual in a cemetary to "awaken the dead", which is something that only a priest or priestess has tje powe to do. They are amatures in the field and are very disrespectful to the dead/entities they are trying to find. Also, everytime the "find" some evidence, the camera just happens to not be directly on it until after it appears, making it seem hoaxed.

i would not recommend watching this show.
  • whether you're a paranormal investigator or a fan of paranormal television, please help get rid of this show for good.

If you are involved in the paranormal field, you should be very offended by the show on a&e, 'Extreme Paranormal'. Not only are they making all of us look ridiculous, but they're sending a terrible message to the fans of paranormal television. Their 'techniques' are unethical and dangerous. A&E should be ashamed, this garbage should never have made it onto television. Blood rituals, vandalism, arson; there have only been a few episodes, and I already can't handle it anymore! Tons of people have put in tons of work and time to get the field to where it is, and this show has already sent us back twenty years. We should all be embarrassed, it is a slap to the face! So please, take ten seconds to sign the petition to have it removed from the air. If nothing is done, their style will be duplicated and the field will be overrun with people like Shaun, Nathan and Jason. http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?EXPRC&1
  • How can anyone condone a show like this !!!!!

I can not believe how completely crazy this show is ! I just know that before long we are going to hear some horror story on the news about some teen that went on a quest for ghost and slit their wrist in the process! Thinking that this is the right way to do things! I hope that as soon as possible this show is removed and banned from the air ! I hope that anyone who is interested in getting into the paranormal field will go out there and find a real paranormal investigating team and learn the proper ways to do it !
  • Extreme Paranormal is still extremely bad but Episode 2 wasn't nearly as bad as the first episode.

Being a glutton for punishment I decided to watch the second episode. I thought that just maybe the guys from the show pushed the envelope too far the first episode trying to get people excited and to watch. Well, the second episode was just plain horrible but I didn't find it to be as insanely ridiculously bad as the first one. I'm in no way saying this show is worth watching. I still say this show is a complete and utter waste of time. It's still a complete failure. Basically, with how bad the first episode was there was almost no way to have the second episode be worse!

These guys got to have 2 episodes air on A&E and they pulled out the stops to make the show big. I wouldn't be shocked to find that this was a test to see if A&E picks it up for a series at a later time. There are at least 5 different networks who have their own paranormal shows. In the end, these guys are just plain bad. The concept of the show is bad. The "acting" is bad. There is simply nothing that makes this show worthwhile or good. This show is horrible and hopefully it is simply forgotten so that these guys can get back to their apparent normal radio show gig and not waste a time slot on A&E.

Now, in closing there is one thing that really bothers me about this show. All the other paranormal shows discuss how opening a portal/door/gate/etc is a bad thing and people shouldn't do it. Here we have these punks acting all big, bad, and tough. They are going to open a doorway to the other side. They are provoking spirits way beyond what others do. If they truly believe in this then they should know better than to think that they actually have the ability to handle what might come through. In short, if they truly believe they know what they are doing and they really believe in all that they do then they should realize the danger that their actions put other innocent people in.
  • I think my brain was a little damaged watching this "tv show"

Well, I just finished erasing the DVR I made of Extreme Paranormal, just 15 minutes or so into it. It was the episode where they put the fat guy in the casket, bury him just a biscuit away from a "mass grave" of residents from a backwater village in Louisiana, and have the fat guy play a recording of a voodoo priestess singing the song of a local legend they guys had come to "investigate." The recording was intended to "increase activity," since to that point they had only caught half a dozen strange thermal signatures (including one that looked just like a human and was face to face with the tattoo guy...ehem...mirror?), found their leader in a catatonic state after he performed the voodoo ceremony, heard all sorts of "whispering," and swore they heard footsteps.

I should have erased the thing right at the beginning when, during their opening radio show, they tell the audience to have "a safe weekend....WE WON'T."

I guess it's just one more show to avoid...
  • Extreme Paranormal is extremely fake and paranormally bad.

Dare I say, this show is possibly fake. There is a scene when they are in the boat and there is a large splash that scares them all. That was completely staged and editing together badly, I might point out. And then the one guy goes down into the depths of the scary lake and is grabbed! Give me a break! I didn't expect that to happen! I love the ghost shows but so far the only ones that are any good are Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures and the latter may be pushing it with his muscle shirts. Look at me, look at me! And now we have Ghost Lab with its cool sound effects when they put words up on the screen as if it's some James Bond flick. This one is looking just as bad as Extreme Paranormal. But hey it's not all bad. Ghost Hunters is still interesting to watch even though Brian isn't on anymore. He always made things interesting.
  • Seriously bad

I really am not sure where to begin. All I know is that it's bad, really bad. It is not scary, there is no tension, the guys are boring to watch. A&E could not find better, more interesting paranormal investigators? really? The heavy set guy is kinda funny though. The main investigators overreact to everything. The dialogue is poor. The editing is so poor, you won't even be sure what you saw other then run down empty buildings and three guys freaking out over dust. My suggestion is to skip this show and A&E should cancel it asap if they want to save some face.
  • they act way too much for the situation, obviously fake.

i just watch the first episode on A&E and it left me wondering why would A&E need another ghost hunting show, paranormal state keeps its fans satisfied and they dont scream and over act everything like the ugly/overwieght guys in extreme paranormal. for some reason they had to bury their friend in a coffin, and have the friend scream over every little noise. if you watch other ghost shows, the hunters ussually keep their cool unless its neccesary to lose cool, not if they see a hand print on a tree. hey hoo why awe real ill mine ty sorry im just rambling now to get the needed 100 word minimum for the review
  • Complete waste of time

1.5
    I was excited as I am a fan of paranormal state for this extreme paranormal. Give a guy a couple of tattoos and he thinks he is bas ass. This show was such a bomb. Three members make up this team including one "occult specialist" who is much more an actor than the real thing. The paranormal "evidence" that was found was completely unbelievable and the fact that AE signed these douches is a sin. Bring back Ryan and the crew at least they were intelligent and had the emotional angle down. For those of you who are familiar with supernatural I would give ghostfacer's a show before these three stooges.
  • this show is quite nearly unwatchable straight-up... but add a dash of crow t. robot and tom servo, and VOILA - instant entertainment!

4.5
    as an exploration of occult and paranormal phenomena, this show is an incredibly (but not unpredictably) miserable failure. but or pure entertainment value, there is definitely something to be had.

i'm sure the other reviewers have covered the basics -- unexplained and plain unfounded occult ritual "facts"; "tech paraphernalia" and "gadgets" whose significance is glossed over, if not left entirely unaddressed; and, my favorite, the likely intentional inability to discern "paranormal" sounds from the ridiculous music and sound effects.

apart from that, the three guys themselves are pretty great together. i can totally see them seamlessly transitioning into some kind of of other short-lived and ill-conceived extreme eating/explosions/self-mutilation/etc. series together as soon as this one gets canceled.

all that said, this show is actually pretty redeemably fun to watch MST3K style -- especially if you ad-lib lines about sandwiches or not having eaten in a while for the fat tech dude. try it and see if the experience doesn't improve exponentially :p
  • This show is horrible!!!

If you have an hour in life to waste, do not waste it on this show. Just a bunch of scared idiots running around thinking everything is paranormal. You can tell they are putting on a front for the camera, nothing is natural. Would not be surprised if the noises they heard came from birds, spiders, and rats. One of the guys was grossed out from walking in some sludge!! And these are my impressions after watching only 10 minutes of the program. I have never wrote a review before, but thought this was a good time to start. Heed the warning