Eyes of Amyphysto

Saturday 9:00 PM on Premiered Apr 01, 2003 Between Seasons

Eyes of Amyphysto Fan Reviews (1)

6.2
  • Beautiful & Unique

Eyes of Amyphysto is yet another otherworldly drama with beautiful races and exotic places. Eyes of Amyphysto is the story of young investigators on a quest to return artifacts to their rightful place... The Temple of Truth... but finding it's not easy when the artifacts have minds of their own... and accomplices who would rather they remain where they are.

While mildly reminiscent of White Dwarf and FarScape, Amyphystian society is just a step off what we have come to expect from science fiction. Added elements of magic, Djinn, time travel and hints of parallel worlds always leave you guessing what will happen next. The characters are interesting and actually like-able, so you find yourself caring if they live or die at the hands of their adversaries, catching your breath at the cliffhangers bent on keeping you tuned in for the next episode.

The witty dialog gives needed laughs in between the really intense scenes... making for a good balance of drama, heart racing action and comedy.

I gave this show a 10 because I haven't enjoyed a story so much since Buffy and Serenity/Firefly. I actually cried at the conclusion of the first season.

It may be a small market but Eyes deserves a bigger one. I really hope it gets regenerated in syndication so that others can experience the wonders of the Twin City.