Eyes Forums

ABC (ended 2005)

Why was Eyes cancelled?

Ellie0019

[1]Jun 22, 2005
    • level: 10
    I guess I was one of the few people that thought that Eyes was actually a clever and intriguing show. Why do all the good shows get the plug pulled prematurely when some of the worst things get to stay on tv. They didn't give it enough time to find its audience. Five episodes come on; that's not fair.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Debala715

[2]Jun 23, 2005
    • level: 18
    I have no clue why Eyes was canceled other than for ABC it wasn't Lost, Desperate Housewives or SuperNanny, so they didn't bother to really promote it. Heck, ABC even bumped Eyes to air an extended episode of Super Nanny.....Totally idiotic in my opinion.

This show had EVERYTHING going for it. If CBS or NBC were smart, they'd pick it up and give it a chance to find a following. But they aren't smart, since it's not a CSI show for CBS or a Law & Order show for NBC.

I'm still throwing my tantrum over this cancelation.

Ellie0019

[3]Jun 24, 2005
    why can't the networks see that they are making huge mistakes and it is losing them money to not promote the show big time and show the episodes that they haven't aired yet?

pegster110

[4]Jul 6, 2005
    • level: 9
    I'd just be happy if they played out the episodes already filmed before the fall as there's very little else on at the moment!!!

rckola76tx

[5]Jul 8, 2005
    • level: 4
    Debala715 wrote:
    I have no clue why Eyes was canceled other than for ABC it wasn't Lost, Desperate Housewives or SuperNanny, so they didn't bother to really promote it. Heck, ABC even bumped Eyes to air an extended episode of Super Nanny.....Totally idiotic in my opinion.

This show had EVERYTHING going for it. If CBS or NBC were smart, they'd pick it up and give it a chance to find a following. But they aren't smart, since it's not a CSI show for CBS or a Law & Order show for NBC.

I'm still throwing my tantrum over this cancelation.

I agree with you totally. Further, IMHO, Eyes was a perfect capper to Lost & Alias: three smart, adult dramas in a row. Tim Daly is so much better than he got to show in wings; the supporting cast was outstanding, and the writing was as clever as anything I've seen in a long time.

By the way, ABC did the same thing to Line of Fire. Curse the Alphabet network. May Mickey's ears fall off!

jboze3131

[6]Jul 10, 2005
    • level: 5
    i loved line of fire! i also loved threat matrix which was on ABC.

ellewiz

[7]Jul 10, 2005
    I concur. We really miss this smart snappy show. It's one of the best post-WINGS things Tim Daly has done. The whole cast was super. The problem for us was it was on the same time as LAW & ORDER, so we were downloading EYES and watching it later. Frankly L&O is starting to run out of gas lately. I'm hoping things pick back up with the return of Jesse L. Martin (Eddie Green) in the fall.

Debala715

[8]Jul 10, 2005
    • level: 18
    ellewiz wrote:
    I concur. We really miss this smart snappy show. It's one of the best post-WINGS things Tim Daly has done. The whole cast was super. The problem for us was it was on the same time as LAW & ORDER, so we were downloading EYES and watching it later. Frankly L&O is starting to run out of gas lately. I'm hoping things pick back up with the return of Jesse L. Martin (Eddie Green) in the fall.

When Eyes came on, I quit watching L&O, since it lost steam with me when Jerry left the show, even though it was losing steam for me before that. The bubble just burst then.

So now I watch CSI: NY instead of L&O. ABC could have had me if they kept on Eyes.

dscrashes

[9]Jul 27, 2005
    • level: 1
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

OneTreeHill014

[10]Aug 1, 2005
    If any network that needs more fan attention, to take a chance at reclaiming #1 is NBC... if they were smart, they would pick up the show.. They could air the final 8 episodes midseason and see how the ratings do... which would/should be better because Eyes is everything there fans say it is..

anniebed

[11]Aug 7, 2005
    • level: 2
    I loved Eyes. It was the only show I really wanted to get picked up for the fall that didn't. The cast was amazing. It was clever and I looked forward to Wednesdays (that is until they started showing marathons of SuperNanny, come on who watches that anyway).

KokushiX

[12]Aug 10, 2005
    • level: 7
    Anyone know if the ``Pilot`` episode is named whistleblower,is about some pharmaceutics case and a kidnapped little girl?

tony_and_kate

[13]Aug 12, 2005
    • level: 9
    It's bin cancelled ?

I live in Iceland and it's one of the most popular shows here

OneTreeHill014

[14]Aug 18, 2005
    tony_and_kate wrote:
    It's bin cancelled ?

I live in Iceland and it's one of the most popular shows here

Did they show all 12 episodes in Iceland?

PMcOuntry

[15]Sep 13, 2005
    • level: 7
    Do you think they will air the remaining eps here in the US, ever?

XeryusOnline

[17]Sep 24, 2005
    • level: 4
    Eyes was cancelled for the simple reason that not enough people watched it. As is the case with all/most shows that get cancelled.

It sucks, I know, but they're in it for the money. If they think they can get higher ratings and more money as a result they will replace it with something else.

Unfortunately for use mugs that get into shows, it's the way things work. We just need to suck it up else we'll all go a little mad.

Xeryus

OneTreeHill014

[18]Oct 19, 2005
    I bet if its lead in was Lost, Eyes would of had higher ratings. I think another network should of picked it up.. or ABC should of gave it another shot, or should of aired the last 7-8 episodes during the summer because despite good ratings for Dancing With The Stars, ABC had a poor summer and the last episodes of Eyes would of done well. But that didn't happen, Eyes will not be forgotten.. will go down as one of those series that could of been..

ray53208

[19]Nov 7, 2005
    • level: 8
    a shame and a travesty. i cant believe people would rather watch dancing with the stars. i cant imagine a worse indictment as to american tv viewer stupidity. eyes is awesome and needs to be brought back if possible.

newsflash tv execs: pick a better timeslot if you cant defeat the idiocy of reality tv.

Ellie0019

[20]Dec 5, 2005
    ray53208 wrote:
    a shame and a travesty. i cant believe people would rather watch dancing with the stars. i cant imagine a worse indictment as to american tv viewer stupidity. eyes is awesome and needs to be brought back if possible.

newsflash tv execs: pick a better timeslot if you cant defeat the idiocy of reality tv.

I think your on to something. Reality tv has ruined televison. Networks love reality tv because it barely cost anything to produce. So even when the reality shows flop they didn't lose a lot. So now they are unwilling to take risks with scripted television. Americans sesem to be choosing to watch people act stupid on tv and what they don't seem to realize is that most of the time it's not real. People act differently when they know that they are on tv, so you can never have anyone being honest or true to who they really are.