EyeShield 21 Coming to Toonami Jetstream on December 17th, 2007

JusticeLeaguer

[1]Dec 14, 2007
    • level: 61

Great news! EyeShield 21 is coming to North America in the form of Toonami's online website Toonami Jetstream. ES 21 will be premiering on December 17th, 2007. Source

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shaders4

[2]Dec 17, 2007
    • level: 8
    i just seen it looks pretty good

coasterfan4444

[3]Dec 21, 2007
    • level: 13

What is this? This is not what I expected. They blended the first 3 and a half episodes into Episode 1 and most of the names are diffrent and most of diolage is diffrent. Heck, even the theme is diffrent. To me, this recks with the smell of 4Kids. To many edit, not enough orignal part.

I rate the Dub version of Eyeshield 21 at 3 out of 10.

TVTome_Shadow

[4]Dec 21, 2007
    • level: 68
    I have to agree; the dub didn't turn out as good as I thought it would. The voices were all right, but there were just too many edits in the first episode. The second episode is a little better, but they still combined the last half of episode 3 and all of episode 4 into it, which resulted in more content being edited out for time.

Hopefully, the dub gets better as it continues, but sadly, it's not off to a good start, in my opinion.

JordanRWasHere

[5]Dec 22, 2007
    • level: 11

Alright, I saw the first episode and frankly, I'm a bit confused. There is way too much information squeezed into one single episode. The first one combines chapters 1 through 4 of the manga verison which is way too much information for one single episode(I haven't seen the original Japanese anime verison before). I'm just lucky to own the book verison otherwise I would have a lot of questions about what was happening in that episode.

As for the dub, it's ok to me. Sena' voice fits him nicely, he's got a bit of a wimpy tone and it works for me. Kurita's voice I'm on the fence about, it's ok but need some work. Hiruma voices is slowly getting better and starting to fit his crazy personality. Mamori's voice is nice too, done by the same person who did Sakura's voicefor theNaruto series.

Overall, I think this is an ok series, but they really got to worka lot to make it better, fix up the voices, and don't combine so much information into one single episode.

joeybrandojones

[6]Jan 11, 2008
    • level: 13
    ^ Isn't Sena, or at least early in the anime, he is quite wimpy?
    Not all of the voices are great but at least theirs Hirumas (it is pretty great). Its quite annoying that they make 2 episodes into one, like they did w/ Star Force (and seeing that anime was brilliantly dubbed). At least they're would be dvds for it

ninjafred95

[7]Jan 13, 2008
    • level: 5
    coasterfan4444 wrote:

What is this? This is not what I expected. They blended the first 3 and a half episodes into Episode 1 and most of the names are diffrent and most of diolage is diffrent. Heck, even the theme is diffrent. To me, this recks with the smell of 4Kids. To many edit, not enough orignal part.

I rate the Dub version of Eyeshield 21 at 3 out of 10.

I agree, I don't like what they've done with it.