Fairly Legal Forums

USA (ended 2012)

Season 2 Discussion

TesserT

[1]Sep 8, 2011
    • level: 76
    Fairly Legal has been renewed for a 2nd season (13 episodes). It goes into production later this year and begins airing in 2012.

So what do you think should happen this season?
    Edited on 09/08/2011 3:01pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TesserT

[2]Jan 4, 2012
    • level: 76
    Variety

USA Network is shifting "Fairly Legal" and "In Plain Sight" to Fridays for their upcoming new seasons. Both will launch the new season March 16.

sesho2022

[3]Jan 4, 2012
    • level: 47
    I hear that Fridays is a day that has poor ratings for shows . I want this show to survive, and I hope that isn't true.

ssjain

[4]Feb 26, 2012
    • level: 35

It used to be the dead show night, but many networks are putting their popular shows on fridays now.

eric770

[5]Feb 29, 2012
    • level: 4

After reading about the promised "changes" in the show I feared the worst, and with the currentpromoswith this other lawyer guy being added I feel that it is eventually going to turn me off to the show. The funny thing is when you try to do something fresh and new, the powers that be inevitably try to turn it into a carbon copy of everything else currently on TV, or something that has long been cancelled! So the new guy is going to serve as a source for Kate to play off of, they fight, but it will eventually lead to a source of sexual tension so-on-so-forth. I may be in the minority on this one, but I actually sort of enjoyed that while Kate may have been a bit quirky as a character, her relationship with Justin is something I felt that the show could have handled better last season. Adding what will inevitably by a third wheel into the mix is not what I am looking for in the show that I was ready to be a fan of from the very beginning. Fix the relationship mess that they created with Kate and Justin (in other words let them be together) make the step-mother a little less robotic and you have fixed any issue that you may have had in your first season!

tommy0122

[6]Mar 3, 2012
    • level: 12

I think the new promo's for this show suck. Sara comes across as someone who is absolutely full of herself. She is very pretty but when it's obvious that she thinks she is to, it's a turnoff for me.

tommy0122

[7]Mar 3, 2012
    • level: 12

I think the new promo's for this show suck. Sara comes across as someone who is absolutely full of herself. She is very pretty but when it's obvious that she thinks she is to, it's a turnoff for me.

eric770

[8]Mar 5, 2012

Just watching the promo's I can see that part of the "changes" talk for this new season seem to suggest that they will force this new lawyer into Kate's world and go through the typical "I hate you, I hate you too" b.s. only to have them making out (or nearly making out) before the season finale! I felt that if they simply made the step mother a little less robotic, and simply let Kate & Justin be together it could have made things seem less messy. Just when you think you've found a little show that you want to believe in that isn't a murder procedural, reality t.v., or any other cut-copy-pasted pile of garbage that they are shoveling these days, they change it so that it is more predictable. I hope I am wrong and that the new season will not turn out like I am predicting it will, but we know how these things normally go in t.v. show land.

eric770

[9]Apr 5, 2012

If they were going to revamp a show that not a lot of people watched only to turn it into a show that the few people that were watching no longer want to watch then maybe they should have canceled it in the first place? I hear a general consensus that nobody cares about the Kate and Justine relationship plot and it maybe the fault of the writers for making Kate's character so flighty, or creating opportunities for them to grow closer only to have each opportunity end with her running off 5 seconds later (last seasons finale, first episode of this new season). If this season thus far is an example of the "big changes" promised in wake of the close of the first season then I'll just say that I'm already missing the opportunity to see Sarah Shahi on TV! For the few people watching just remember that I said before the start of the show that this annoying back and forth with Kate and the new guy is going to end with them in bed together for no other reason than thats what these shows do (when they don't know what else to do)! Instead of getting new cast members and a new directions, is it too late to get new writers for the show? A former fan would like to know!

docv1974

[10]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 2

This show proves that most people who watch tv have no taste. This show is god awful, and I say that as an atheist