Fairy Tail Forums

Monday 7:30 AM on TV TokyoBetween Seasons

Fairy Tail Anime Discussion (Current Japanese Release)

Ranemoraken

[1]Aug 7, 2009
    • level: 20

Alright, when the anime comes out, this will be the place to chill out. So far, we know that its being directed by Satelight and A-1 animation studios.

Last week, it was announced who the actors were to be.

Natsu: Tetsuya Kakihara
    Lucy: Aya Hirano
    Happy: Rie Kugimiya
    Gray: Yuuichi Nakamura
    Erza: Sayaka Ohara

As to what constitutes a spoiler, speaking about specific plot developments that have not happened in the anime are SPOILERS. Names are not spoilers, unless the existence of a character is a spoiler. I'd like to think that folks can come here and chat about the anime, without having read the source material. Of course...Fairy Tail is pretty bubble-gum action, there's not much to spoil

Edited on 08/08/2009 12:26am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ranemoraken

[2]Aug 25, 2009
    October 12th at 7:30 local time. This is when the first episode will be played. Enjoy.

Ranemoraken

[3]Oct 7, 2009
    You'll be able to watch Fairy Tail legally on crunchyroll. The site does not state when the sub will be available yet, but its legal.

I think I can safely say we're all curious as to the quality of animation here.

Nicasso_

[4]Oct 15, 2009
    • level: 19
    Quality of the animation was the only real flaw. I got used to the voices pretty quickly (love Happy's btw) and they did a pretty good adaption of the first chapter, managed to retain the adventurous happy-go-lucky feel of Fairy Tail.
    So despite a sub-par animation, I still enjoyed it. But I'm a fan of the series so I may be a bit biased.

kataangalldaway

[5]Oct 15, 2009
    • level: 10
    Nicasso_ wrote:
    Quality of the animation was the only real flaw. I got used to the voices pretty quickly (love Happy's btw) and they did a pretty good adaption of the first chapter, managed to retain the adventurous happy-go-lucky feel of Fairy Tail.
    So despite a sub-par animation, I still enjoyed it. But I'm a fan of the series so I may be a bit biased.
    I agree! I think they did a very good job with the animation and at first I was a bit skeptical of the voices but they grew on me and I like them all. They also still managed to make it comedic. And I think Happy's voice is adorable

Ranemoraken

[6]Oct 18, 2009
    I always had a deep scottish man's voice in mind for Happy. I think that would be funnier - but oh well. Good choice on Natsu, as it helps distinguish him from the other shonen heroes that he emulates.

Nicasso_

[7]Oct 25, 2009
    • level: 19
    @Kataang: Yay, another person who liked Happy's voice!
    But sadly I disagree with you about the animation. Episode 2 animation was real wonky and stiff at times. @.@ But well, I didn't care much for these beginning stories in the manga anyway. At least next epi we're getting to the first arc~

@Ranemoraken: Lol it would be funny, but unfortunately I doubt the Japanese are very good at doing Scottish accents. Second your opinion of Natsu's voice. Not often a male lead character in a shounen gets voiced by a male seiyuu.

Revelation34

[8]Oct 30, 2009
    • level: 7
    Everybody who wants to watch Fairy Tail should google Taka.

Ranemoraken

[9]Dec 15, 2009
    Just pulled out episode 10 at random. Couldn't help but notice the newspaper which had highlighted articles in english. "A notable event", "get a scoop on other paper" and my personal favorite "Astomshment". What the hell is astomshment?

Ranemoraken

[10]Jan 11, 2010
    And...i pulled up episode 12 to note that there was a different intro. It...didn't impress me. The only shows that I can think of that changed out openings this early are Blood+ and Code Geass. All but assures the anime will only be in the 26-52 range before taking a break. That should be a relief to you fans, considering how filler breaks down pacing.

deethseaker

[11]Mar 12, 2010
    • level: 1

hey i beg for your help......what's the name of the opera song episode 21 on fairy tail after juvia the rain lady first meets lucy......i beg u to send me the name of the opera song on my acc here and to my email tri.e@hotmail.com

SenninKyuubi

[12]May 2, 2010
    • level: 13

How awesome was that battle between Natsu and Gajeel during episode 27?! SK.

Ranemoraken

[13]May 14, 2010
    I'll PM you if I figure out the opera song (I believe my anime club is going to watch this show, so I'm holding out until they get to it.)

Gajeel's fight with Natsu was a beautiful back and forth fight - one that doesn't show up too often in this manga.

Ranemoraken

[14]Jun 24, 2010
    Alright, I quickly crunchyrolled the most recent Fairy Tail. There's no way his name is Jellal. I can even hear the "ard" from their more affluent speakers. Gerard. This is quite alike the Elza - Erza bit, where we all say Erza (I just like it) where it is absolutely 100% Elza. No doubt at all.

SenninKyuubi

[15]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 13

I thought 038 Destiny was very strong. Ikaruga was the perfect opponent for Erza, and the way she defeated her, by finally removing her armor and by coming to terms with her own weaknesses, was very well played. Erza is a solid character and this episode truly worked on her development. Bring on next week I say. It should be cool... I wonder how the animators will show the Tower after the attack, given how they changed its original look from the manga...

BTW the armor that was destroyed, is that gone for good or can it be repaired? Cause I swear I've seen the Winged Knight in later chapters. Thoughts?

@Ranemoraken: You're 100% right regarding Jellal's name - it should be Gerard. As per the manga it started out being Jellal, but then it changed to Gerard further down the line. With all things it's down to the translators, so I guess we'll have to stick with what they type. But Gerard sits better TBH.

Revelation34

[16]Sep 6, 2010
    Ranemoraken wrote:
    Alright, I quickly crunchyrolled the most recent Fairy Tail. There's no way his name is Jellal. I can even hear the "ard" from their more affluent speakers. Gerard. This is quite alike the Elza - Erza bit, where we all say Erza (I just like it) where it is absolutely 100% Elza. No doubt at all.

You're wrong. It's absolutely 100% Erza. That's like saying people who hear Ruffy instead of Luffy are right.

Ranemoraken

[17]Sep 16, 2010
    Revelation34 wrote:
    Ranemoraken wrote:

You're wrong. It's absolutely 100% Erza. That's like saying people who hear Ruffy instead of Luffy are right.
    Gotcha. Check out the chapter where Elza dies. She's watching everyone over her grave and guess what name is written on it. ELZA scarlet. Clear as day. In fact...

http://manga.animea.net/fairy-tail-chapter-100-page-10.html

Your on-line pwning brought to you today by the letter R.

Revelation34

[18]Sep 21, 2010
    Ranemoraken wrote:
    Revelation34 wrote:
    Ranemoraken wrote:

Gotcha. Check out the chapter where Elza dies. She's watching everyone over her grave and guess what name is written on it. ELZA scarlet. Clear as day. In fact...

Doesn't really matter. He also did other stuff where it was corrected later on.

Ranemoraken

[20]Sep 26, 2010
    Revelation34 wrote:
    Ranemoraken wrote:
    Revelation34 wrote:
    Ranemoraken wrote:

Doesn't really matter. He also did other stuff where it was corrected later on.

Where?

My anime club has been going through Fairy tail of late. It really sounds like they said "roxas" For Luxus. Since most of these names are romanized, the ones that don't sound like it are the most peculiar. It's because of this naming convention that I believe the names aren't fantastic but english. All the reading they do is in english...despite "Astomshment" or whatever. I also can't figure out Ur. Japanese often add that "O" to the end of names with hard endings so it sounds like Ulu or uru. I'm guessing that it should still be Ur, as there is an actual Ur whereas I'm unfamiliar to an Ul's out in the world.