Falcon Crest

Home Again

Aired Friday 10:00 PM May 17, 1990 on CBS

• It was okay, if not a bit rushed

5.5
    Having recently had the good fortune to be able to watch the complete Falcon Crest, all nine seasons, I think I know enough about this show to make a few comments. Thankfully we have Jane Wyman back as Angela Channing, having recovered from her coma at the beginning of this season. What struck me most is that the Angela we see here is rather confused. Okay, she's still scheming, but it all seems very half hearted. The Angela from the first 8 seasons of Falcon Crest would never have changed her will so easily, nor allowed the marriage between Richard and Lauren if she had really wanted it stopped. By this point Falcon Crest had really lost the plot, right up until Angela went into her coma the show stayed on a similar theme. It seems that the producers took the opportunity of Jane Wyman's departure to experiment with the formula. Unfortunately the new cast just didn't have the talent to pull it off for the most part. For me the ending of Falcon Crest is pretty abrupt and to be honest quite welcome after almost 20 episodes of pretty average television. If they'd still had the viewers I wish they could've gone on to make a decent 10th season where they could have sent it out with a decent pace and a great cliff-hanger just like the classics from Season 3/4 with the plane crash and season 6/7 with the apparent drowning of Chase. It was also a great shame that Emma didn't return for the final episode as she was one of the few surviving characters to last thoughout all nine seasons.