Fallen

ABC Family (Mini-Series 2007)

walrus_8463

Fallen Fan Reviews (13)

• Important error

lists this miniseries wrong.

It is not a 4-parter. It is a 3-parter, namely a made for TV movie and two subsequent ones made a year later.

They are titled: The Beginning, The Journey, and The Destiny.

There have never been 4 episodes.
  • A clever title goes here!

I thought this was a good series, but then what about the Fallen novels by lauren kate? Is one a ripoff of the other or they r based on the same book?
  • Aaron finds out on his 18th birthday that not only that he is a nephilim but the one nephilim searched by many fallen angels looking for redemption

Aside from the book i give this a 8. After reading the books and then re-watching i have to give it a four! The director fell of the plot line terribly.
    The main downfall of this series to me is that the director used the first book as a basis for the story line, then uses pretty much nothing of main importance from the remaining 3 books. The 4 books could have made into maybe a 4 season show. If he would of followed the plot line, almost to the key maybe with a little extra off the topic stuff made more money from 4 seasons then 6 mini-movies. I would have loved to see the fight between the leviathan and Aaron. Not only that but the final battle between Aaron and Verchiel. Hell in the book is not portrayed as place but a state of suffering/pain/anguish inside Lucifer. Lucifer was portrayed as antagonist from being to end in the show but in the book Lucifer started as a antagonist from his feelings of jealousy when later he became a protagonist by not letting the hell God gave to him as his punishment destroy humanity and angels alike.
  • Everyone should watch Fallen.

This is a sci fi drama full of fantasy/spirituality and lots of action about Aaron Corbett, who when he turns 18 finds out about his destiny...which is far from the normal life he desires. This show is so unique and goes far beyond any drama on TV today. The fallen angels long to be redeemed and Aaron is the piece to this dramatic puzzle.

I really enjoyed Fallen and highly recommend this for everyone to watch.

This is such a strong story and I would love to see more and I am going to read the books by Tom Sniegoski that this is based on.
  • This is a new pilot which also doubles as a 2 hour (with adverts) tv movie: it is a film adaptation of the first book in the 'Fallen' series, by Tom Sniegoski. It's on Abc family, but don't let that put you off!

Anyone who has seen the adverts for the show or has tried to research the book it is based on will know the premise: Lucifer and some of his fellow angels rebelled against God and were banished from Heaven, to live on earth: they are the Fallen. These fallen angels mated with mortal women and their offspring were known as the Nephilim, half-angel, half-human creatures. This is where the show starts to deviate from known theology: we then learn, in a voice-over to a montage of paintings with angelic themes, of a prophecy regarding the birth of a special Nephilim, a Chosen One who will redeem the Fallen angels and return them to their heavenly home. The problem lies in a battalion of warrior angels, called the Powers, who have made it their vocation to destroy all the Nephilim they can find.
    Once all this is explained to us (at length), we come to the real point of this show, a teenager who feels different and out of place in his life. Unlike normal teen dramas, this feeling has an actual cause - he IS different. Through the events of one tumultuous day, Aaron will find out that he is one of the Nephilim, possibly THE one. Aaron starts to hear animals talking to him, he understands all languages, and the names of the Fallen angels (in angelic script) start to appear on his arm. His eighteenth birthday is much more life-changing than he had ever expected! I particularly enjoyed the little hints we got of Aaron's special nature, even before the big revelation (which is why I would have done without the opening montage, which I felt was particularly exposition heavy). For example, his autistic step-brother Stevie only lets Aaron touch and hold him without warning, and calms down as soon as Aaron talks to him. Aaron is an orphan of unknown parentage, and he even has a dog named Gabriel. The name, Aaron, means, among other things, 'messenger', which is also an ancient definition of the word 'angel'.
    However, it isn't all good for Aaron: he starts having nightmares of something chasing him in order to destroy him utterly, and he soon realises that his presence will endanger everyone he loves. Besides, just when his crush, the cute Brazilian girl in his high school, finally likes him back, he has to run before the Powers catch up with him!
    As I was reviewing this episode, I tried to be fair and judge it on its own merits, not just by comparing it to the book. I felt that Paul Wesley did a good job in conveying Aaron's confusion and panic when he realises that his dream of a normal and happy life will now probably never come true.
    All the characters came across very clearly and I did not feel it dragged in any way (often one of the teething problems of a pilot). I quite enjoyed Elizabeth Lackey's performance as Verchiel, one of the Powers, whose hatred of and loathing for all Nephilim leads to her calling them Abomination. Rick Worthy is, as always, amazing as Camael, another Power, and Fernanda Andrade was in no way annoying as Aaron's object of desire. I would have said I found Tom Skerrit to be over-acting and irritating, but other reviewers reversed my opinion: i.e., they found Lackey annoying and loved Skerrit, so I think this is a matter of taste.
    In conclusion, I just (!) wanted to say that I really enjoyed this in every way: I liked the themes, I didn't feel it deviated from the book in any way that was crucial, and the special effects were good enough for a tv show. If you like fantasy and action, you will love this show!
  • An uneven miniseries at best.

7.7
    The first part Fallen: The Beginning which aired last summer was really good. Well, it was ok for summer tv and ABC Family at that. Definitely not as awesome as that other ABC Family sort of sci-fi show Kyle XY. But it was good. I dug it. As such I was really excited to see that they were going to show the rest of the series, FINALLY. And then... And then this show asked me to do 3 things that I was not in love with. First, I had to sometimes sit through that weird Kyle XY commercial/bad music video. I mean, I'm sorry but who told April Matson that she could sing? Ugh, so horrible! Secondly, they asked me to believe that Aaron and Camael have been traveling for a year but they somehow end up in the same place where Vilma is being held hostage. Whatever. And lastly, they asked me to sit through the horrible romantics which I, possibly the only one, was completely disinvested in the central love story. Bring on the ANGELS! Bring on Camael! More fiery swords! Thank the creator for the dvr. So if you're like me and you saw the first part finish it. It's not particularly satisfying in the end, although the sincerely emotional scene with Camael and Aaron is a highlight. It's ok as far as summer fare goes. So if you've nothing to do, or lots to do but no will to bother, try and catch the 6-hour mini series just for S's & G's.

Oh and by the way, Vilma is the most irritating character. She's weak, pouty, and largely superfluous. Who would have thought a dog could be more engaging. Boo Boo Vilma.
  • All Aaron Corbett ever wanted was a normal life. But on his eighteenth birthday he will find out that he has a destiny beyond his wildest dreams. Caught in a battle between opposing celestial forces, Aaron will have to make a difficult choice.

I loved this mini-series so much that I try to watch it every time it come on television. Even though it was a mini-series. I loved watching every new episodes. I wished they make it into a real series that show weekly. I really liked everything about this mini-series from the setting to every single characters. Anyway, I suggest to anyone who look like they are interested into seeing this mini-series to try and find it because it's that good. I am glad I was able to watch the mini-series Fallen and can not wait until they air the show for whatever reasons.
  • i think a story revolving around someone who can sort people with deficiencies or a problem is great, most especially when it has to do with the metaphysical world! That is something that always interests me and my kind!

One of the best to have been created to keep viewers guessing what could or what is! It captures the imagination and gives thought to a different school of thought too!I would say the concept of the show is rather ver imaginative and given what select viewers would appreciate its continuity as the season progresses. Any show that can get people interested like Supernatural,Lost,Smallville, Prison Break etc should consider itself a hit with time as people always want to know the outcome of the scenes to follow and as the plot of the programme thickens with time, it just gets better and discussions are opened with groups on probabilities in regards to the next episodes to come! All the best and hope for success with this new show!
  • A story about redemption for fallen angels and the one who would redeem them.

If you're looking for a show that's really unique and causes you to think beyond what is known this movie and series is definitely a must see. My husband's and my taste are totally different. He loves detective, horror and sci-fi movies. I prefer psychological thrillers and feel good movies. This was one of the few we were both totally engrossed in. Though I can't imagine how they could make more episodes up to the same par I would definitely put a reminder on my dish and wouldn't miss it. It was almost like a little Touched By An Angel, mixed with a horror film and psychological thriller. The special effects were astounding. It's definitely something to watch if you're tired of the same old stuff. I watched the movie months ago and have watched for it all summer to see the episodes. I can count on my fingers how many times I've felt this strongly about a show and I've been an avid tv watcher since the late 50s.
  • the greatest show after Lost. I have found this show yesterday, wow, great, fantastic number 10 on my scale. love it.

just found this show yesterdy , could not move away from the tv. will be one of the best shows this season. Actors are great. looking forward to tonight. keep it going. will watch. originaity with some of the scriptural input will be great. has wonderfulll story keep it interesting and moving. my thought on this show and actors are one of the best and longest shows in the history. lets keep the writers busy and look up original text in the bibel to keep people informed in what could happen.hopefully this show will not interfere with some of the other great shows coming this fall back on tz, however, even if it be on I am sure the people will vote to watch this show. marianne
  • The whole premise of half angel/half human is reminiscent of all mythologies. Fantasy yet spiritual with the basic element of good against evil the ultimate choices. The young character of Corbett struggles with this new revelation.

I clicked on this show quite by accident but was intrigued. Liked the concept and will probably watch again. Very spiritual and entertaining. I will probably now go out and buy the books. Hope they make this a series. The characters perhaps need a little more depth but all in all, believable. Liked the diversity with the women, multicultural cast. Would have loved to seen more interaction with the family.
  • i like'd this show,wasn't boring kept moving, character's were good, i liked that it didn't have many big name tv actors. acting was good also, some shows you watch and it's who hired these people this wasn't at all like that was the exact opposite.

like i put in the summary, i would watch it weekly. it was well done. character's didn't have any bad acting momemts and tom skerritt was great. it wasn't a show i would have to get used to, liked it right off the bat. sometimes when you watch tv shows it's like why did they waste peoples time and money they should have none it was bad, this wasn't. i liked how they incorporated the animals into it.i hope they make it into a series or make another mini series with it. You also might suggest they air it a few more times maybe on the regular channels
  • My sis told me about this show airing and I had to watch it and I liked it a lot.

I think this show has a lot of potential. They intruduced a lot of strong charaters, I am really hoping they are going to bring it back, I want to see what happens next. I think it is a cool spin off prophecy I liked those, and I think fallen will be better. Keeping my fingers crossed and waiting patiently for another taste of fallen.