A Falling Skies Community
TNT (ended 2015)

Falling Skies S03E06: "Be Silent and Come Out"

Still fresh from his plane crash/Homeward Bound routine, Tom freaked out about his missing baby mamma and tried to get a search party together to accompany him on one of his misguided adventures. Marina shot it down and wanted to argue about the giant Volm space cannon some more, but luckily, Evil Hal got bored with being nice, snapped, and took his daddy hostage, thus sparing us from the epic time-suck that circle of an argument would've become because Tom is right. Of course Tom is right. He's Tom Effing Mason and the Masons are basically Falling Skies' messiahs. 

That mindset is exactly what's made Pope so delightful this season. In three seasons, John Pope has grown from our token antagonist—the one who will contradict our hero at every turn simply because he's selfish/cowardly/shallow/etc.—to a crabby and cynical voice of reason on a show that wants to be a gritty apocalyptic drama. (But not too gritty; because, like, shouldn't gas and bullets be getting harder to find as we move further and further away from the fall of civilization? Those things just never seem to be an issue anymore.)

Despite the fact that so much of what Pope says and does is born from his crunchy "me first" persona, Falling Skies has done an exemplary job of making New Charleston's resident roughneck a deliciously complicated character. He'll proclaim his IDGAF philosophy, only to immediately turn around and prove just how much he does care about the people around him and the idea of a cause greater than himself. He's taken a shine to Matt, and sure, in the beginning, part of that relationship was based on Pope's desire to annoy Tom by being Matt's shiny new favorite person, but as we saw in Tom's interaction with Hal in "Be Silent and Come Out," Tom hasn't always given his sons the support they need—and that's been the case since before the Espheni invaded. Pope takes his mentorship of Matt seriously, and while he isn't a flawless father figure himself, he's managed to fill in where Tom has failed.

In "Be Silent and Come Out," Pope's cynicism took on a more meta angle: His complaints about the special treatment the Masons routinely receive were valid, even if his delivery was on the crass side with the LOL DEAD POOL <3. His confrontation with Weaver while Tom did his hostage routine voiced a lot of things I myself have considered while watching Falling Skies: The attitude that the Masons couldn't possibly be compromised is prevalent, even though Tom, Ben, and now Hal have all been subjected to alien mind-meddling in the past. Tom's tunnel vision concerning the Volm is alarming considering how, in the past, he was portrayed as a rather thoughtful character who routinely questioned authority figures and outsiders alike. Tom's change in personality could be the result of constantly running and fighting a seemingly superior enemy for so long, but it could also just be a corner that Falling Skies has written itself into. 

For every ailment the humans are stricken with, the rebel Skitters and the Volm have shown up in the nick of time with a handy-dandy Fix-It Felix to make everything better. Oh, sure, the glowy egg thing might kill Hal instead of cure him because of the massive physical differences between humans and Skitters—but probably not, because it's Hal. He's special. All of the Masons are special. Ben is the poster child for Skitter/Human cooperation. Tom is the always-wise, always-right, moral compass and mastermind of the new United States. Maggie covered for Hal's bizzare and painfully obvious behavior. Weaver was adamant that no one should try to kill or incapacitate Hal to save Tom, but like Pope said, if it had been anyone else in Charleston who was wreaking havoc and having gross rapey sex with Karen in the woods, they'd have been wasted by now. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

After the magical Skitter egg cleansed Hal of the mind-control glitter gunk, he claimed not to remember anything. Even even though I'm not at all convinced that he killed Manchester, it will be interesting to see whether Pope's suspicion about Hal's possible involvement being hand-waved despite what currently looks like some damning evidence—is true. In fact, seeing as Hal was on the Mason Family Search Party that set out to find Annie and Creepy Alexis and no one said boo about it, I'm guessing the hand-waving is exactly what happened. 

The thing is, though, like I said, I don't think Hal actually killed Manchester. So the hand-waving is annoying, but not a deal-breaker, and as a bonus, the Masons actually had to face some freaking consequences when Tom had to resign his presidency in order to go on his little rescue scavenger hunt. This left Marina in charge, which could be awesome if she's the mole like I think she is. 

Please let her be the real mole. Please, please, please. 

I mean, she was really eager to get Hal's head blown off this week—all the better to cover up the evidence, right? Plus she's been a total nebshit about the Volm weapon since pretty much forever. We're all curious, but she's been downright sneaky. Also, there's no way Hal could have killed Manchester because he was waiting for his alien stepsister to grace us with her (unwelcome) presence. Also also, whoever killed Manchester had a meeting with him; why would Hal have a meeting with him? It would make more sense for someone in Marina's position to meet with him and maintain democrazy inaction. 

Yep, it's totally Marina. And now she's in charge. Sweet. 

No alien baby and the end of brainwashed Hal? BEST EPISODE OF THE SEASON. Well, not really. Not even close, but those are two very big positives for me so I call it a win. What did you think?

NOTES

– Kudos to Drew Roy for his alternately hilarious and terrifying take on Batshit Crazy Hal. It was unsettling. I mean that as a compliment. 

– Do we like Matt's weird little curly faux-hawk? I think I do, but I'm kind of amused by all of the clean-shaven, well-coiffed survivors walking around in their rubble-strewn, alien-occupied wasteland. 

– So... a few weeks ago, the "real" president from pre-invasion was confirmed to be alive and in power. Why does no one care where he is these days? Why are Tom and Marina still calling themselves the President(s) of the New United States? Shouldn't they have downgraded themselves to governors or something? Are we not allying with Hathaway? I mean, he has Tom's pet Volm, maybe they should respect his authoritahhh for like ten seconds? 

– Do you think Marina's the one true mole?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/30/2015

Season 5 : Episode 10

86 Comments
Comments (86)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I think you're all wrong about the mole; Marina's asking about the Volm secret project was just to throw us off (and consistent with her other meddling). Whoever the mole is would have had to either plant a tracker on the plane or get a tracker on the plane. Since I'm doubting Marina would have been able to nose around Pope's plane, I don't think it's her. On the other hand, Anne gave Tom a medical kit that she said Lourdes made for him (how did she know he was even leaving?). Tom made sure to get it from the plane, too, but the skitters seemed to stop finding them after they were no longer carrying it. I think that means Lourdes is the mole.
Flag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJy8KTiMkbI

Introduced this season? Suddenly important? All over the Volm thing? Yeah, Marina's totally The Mole.
Flag
I hate it when action heroes can't stand behind a desk, have to be all over the action and never see the big picture. Tom was already leaving all the time, going on missions and all, and now he's given up for good. Bad move, Mr. President! You have to stay and do your duty. Think of the people who elected you and the work you were trying to develop. Now President Peralta (which translates as playfully naughty in Portuguese) is going undo all the work you did with the Volm. Even in the New United States, we can't trust politicians.

Another thing. Pope was right, and Hal was getting special treatment. But what Pope doesn't realize is that he would get some of that treatment himself because, come on, everybody knows Pope is the best character, even Weaver is his fan in disguise.

By the way, if they forgave Hal because he wasn't himself, I suppose they'll show the same tolerance to Karen, right? Right? She isn't to blame either, right?
Flag
I was pretty disappointed to see the Evil Hal plot line wrap up so soon, though when i look at the current storyline running on the whole I'm certain that was simply one (of many) small distraction from the actual Mole. Perhaps it was because i am over the Mason's sensitivity but for its short time i bloody loved evil Hal.

As for the mole, Perhaps Marina is an innocent or not so innocent pawn being directed by the mole.... either way that chick is up to something!
Flag
I loved it when the Mason clan saddled up and went after their Pa's woman. Like an episode of Bonanza.
Flag
lol for real...
Flag
-If this show had any balls, they would've killed Hal....
-If this show had any brains, they would've ended the episode ominously,showing us Marina is in fact the mole....

Flag
Ok, so of course Hal was eye-bugged! And of course Hal survived! And offffff course, there are no reprecussions for his alleged actions--he's a Mason! (oh no, that mean Pope called him a name :(

But seriously, of course he -didn't- kill Manchester, it was sooooo obviously Marina, but FS is still holding that lil secret close to the chest like it's some mindblowing revelation...pfffft. This is Warlow-syndrome all over again...jesus, these shows are soo predictable. I will happily eat my words if the mole is the little mohawk kid, but hey, I doubt it!
Flag
Am I the only one who thought about heart worms during the skitter's whole if-it-doesn't-cure-him-it-will-kill-him speech? You know you can't give dog heart worm prevention pills until you have made certain they are already heart worm free because the pills will kill the dog if he is already infected. Who knew it would be the same with eye worms?
Flag
Best part of the episode: when Evil Hal just absolutely beat the crap out of Tom (mainly his bum leg). Honestly, that really warmed me up to "bat-shit crazy Hal", because I've been wanting to see someone do that to Tom for a while now (frankly, the Pope-Tom fight didn't satiate that desire, so it doesn't count).
Flag
The bullets problems was solved back in season 1, they learnt to make their own bullets and they get their materials to produce the bullets from their enemy mechs. Not sure where they get gunpowder through.

They tackle the fuel shortage by using horses, through it be nice to see them start to breed some horses, because I am sure the skitters have killed more than a few in this war.

Pope is a complicated character but this only caring about himself I suspect only started up after he went to prison. Where he chose to act as a hard ars rather than learning to live with what he did, which is murder a person virtually in cold blood.

Tom I believe is playing the long game with the Volm, he doesn't see the point of questioning their story, even if they did, there not a lot they could do about the Volm anyway and if they did try to forcefully evict the volm I doubt that would go unnoticed by the overlords and they would almost certainly launched a full scale assault on Charleston, an this time Charleston may not have access to Volm weaponry to defend themselves.

An if the Volm decides to fight back, we know their weaponry are superior to the Overlord and I bet their combat tactics are as well, an we can reasonable guest that if they are the bad guys, they are going to be well prepared to fight back against any plans to evict them. An Charleston cant afford to fight on two fronts. Even with Volm weaponry, their front lines didn't look solid during the last attack.

Anyway, why I think the Volm and chachise story is a load baloney, I think there enough truth to their little story that they aren't going to be outright bad guys, just their interests may not align entirely with humans and rebels skitters interests, at least not until the new president of new united states make the biggest mistake of her life and attack the Volm compound, the human forces will probably be easily defeated or on the verge of being easily defeated when Tom and Colchise reunited, return to Charleston, probably followed by the old president and end the fighting.

The mole is female, I know that much, that rule substantial part of Charleston population. Yes I believe Marina is the mole, I thought she was trouble from the first time I saw her and as soon we knew their was a mole, she was my prime suspect. But may be that just because she outsider to our little group.

I would love to find out what happening outside of Charleston or even outside of America. A story base in Afghanistan with Taliban, British, US, Pakistan solders working together on attacking the Overlords could be epic, or even one base in Europe or Africa, I settle for some webisodes.
More+
Flag
I like the idea of an outside of Charleston or America story-especially with soldiers.
Flag
It cracks me up how the "experimental cures" always have the condition "We don't know if it'll work but we definitely know it'll kill the patient" you can't claim "we don't know if it'll work due to compatibility with a different species" then say "But if there's no bug he'll definitely die". If you don't know the effects, then you also don't know the side effects.

throttle back on the canned drama.
Flag
Just when you think Tom can't make any more stupid decisions, he decides he's going to find his wife and kid when he has no idea where they are? Smart move Mr. President Tom. What was he going to do? Put on a blindfold, spin around a few times in a circle and then head out in the direction he stopped? Then the even more stupid not-Hal decides to kidnap him with Marina watching? Why not wait until he's left the compound/town when no one will be any wiser?

It makes no sense unless it turns out that Marina is infact the mole and that this was all planned so that Tom would step down as President and give her the access she needs. Its far-fetched I know but this week, I've decided to assume this is the case or I won't be able to bring myself to watch next week.

Am I the only one who wondered why Tom didn't reach for not-Hal's gun when he was stunned? It was just lying there. Hal was not even conscious. It should have been easy enough to pick the gun, point it at him and call for Weaver to move in.

I know they were going for drama and suspense when Weaver walked in on the betting but it all seemed like play acting to me. Weaver didn't come off as the scary guy you don't want to cross.

I'm still having a hard time taking Lourdes seriously whenever she goes into doctor mode. Its kinda like saying a chihuahua's your guard dog.

In my opinion, the best thing about this episode was that Tom stepped down as President.

More+
Flag
He didn't reach for the gun because no one in this show is that smart. I think about Tom Mason when I tell people I used to be a college professor. It makes me sad.
Flag
"Am I the only one who wondered why Tom didn't reach for not-Hal's gun when he was stunned? It was just lying there. Hal was not even conscious. It should have been easy enough to pick the gun, point it at him and call for Weaver to move in."

I was wondering something similar. I mean, WHY would you attempt to shake your STILL POSSESSED son out of his stupor? That's some "great writing" there. It really reminded me why Tom Mason was elected leader of the New United States of America, because he's so smart and all.
Flag
I never would have guessed Hal was the spy.
Flag
such an uninteresting plot, we all saw this comming from 1 mile away, probably 2.
Flag
You know what? I didn't. I was surprised when Hal took Tom hostage or whatever.
I loved the dead pool though. Although that did make me wonder when Charleston reestablished a token economy? They were betting money, right? And how does that little drinking establishment work. Do they have to pay for their drinks?
Flag
right from the get go, i've had 3 characters as my main suspects for the mole. 1) Pope. 2) General Bressler(Now Dead) but still a possability. 3) Marina.

off the 3 i think pope is the most likely candidate to be swung around, and the evidence is quite compelling. only 4 people from Charleston knew of the actual meeting with the Real President and its location. Bressler, Pope, Tom and the female lieutenant(From Continuum) who set it all up. Yes several others knew tom had left for a secret rendevous, including Marina but only the 4 on the plane and the Volm knew of the planes final destination, the Volm was taken into custody. Bressler was led off to someplace, and Tom went for an "Interview" with the president, and Pope "Elected" to stay with the plane. so the only person that could possibly have given away the location in reality is Pope, ergo pope is the mole, and the murderer of Manchester. on the down side Pope was never high enough in the coc to inform on many of the other missions, whereas Bressler was often helping plan said strategy. so mebbe he got a msg of somtime during the final landing.. And most of the reasons that maryann stated in her review of episode 6 for Marina being the mole, Plus 1 extra that i noticed when manchester was shot, was the body of his killer through the glass, and from the slight angle from the gun arm, suggested that his killer was a female.

still not sure who its is but those are my 3 favourites atm :)
More+
Flag
Lourdes packed Tom a medkit, based on Marina's suggestion, to take with him on the secret trip.

So, one could argue that even though Lourdes and Marina didn't know where the secret meeting was going to take place (because they weren't physically along for the ride)... they still could have found out where the group's final destination was via a tracker in the previously mentioned medkit.

Thus, Marina and Lourdes are viable suspects.
Flag
I doubt Pope's the mole, purely because, as outlined in the review, for all his shouting about only caring for himself first, last and foremost, he does actually give a damn about the people he's stuck with. Plus the man has a powerful hatred and mistrust of the aliens - so I think he's a red herring.
Flag
Pope is a red herring.

An Pope will sacrifice himself before letting harm come to Matt or anyone else in Charleston for that matter. Plus he stated himself that he didn't have access to volm weaponry in the first episode and it was Volm weaponry that killed Manchester.

Flag
Agreed; I think Pope sees Matt as a way to look after a kid (in his own way) when he didn't do so for his own kids. Certainly Mason isn't doing it - I'm *not* team Mason I'm afraid, I haven't been for some time; I'm with Pope. I would certainly be analysing the volm and the 'alliance' a bit more critically than Tom does.

I swear if they said to him "if your people jump off that cliff like lemmings it would win this war, he'd have them do it - the worst of it is though, if *he* told them to jump, they probably would." Nope I'm afraid I find Mason a bit of a self righteous idiot these days.
Flag
@ smorbie: I agree; it seems weird that the guy is a 'president' (though you have to truly wonder what weight such a title actually carries in their reality) - a politician basically, yet they treat him as if he's the second coming of Christ.

Every word, every thought that he speaks or thinks is automatically right because he's *TOM MASON!* - even when anyone with an eye in their head and a speck of intelligence can see he's just a bloke and an obviously flawed one at that.

The real trouble begins as he starts to believe his own hype though. Hopefully Pope will ensure that won't happen. I thought Weaver would, but he's the most brainwashed of the masses carrying out daily Mason devotions now. To me, apart from Pope, they're almost taking Mason to cult leader status. No wonder Pope doesn't trust him - neither do I.

As for those that say Mason is a 'decent guy with the best intentions'......well, we all know what the road to hell is paved with right? I'm on Pope's side at the moment.
Flag
They made a mistake making him president. It was better when everyone didn't follow his words as if they came from the Lord.
Flag
I just can't stop thinking about the effed up business around the non-consensual sexual congress of poor Hal's body. First Karen mind controls him into screwing her in the woods and later her mind control agent uses Hal's body to screw his girlfriend! Say what you will about Hal, that is just messed up. (Shudder) One more thing to worry over during the next alien invasion. Now I can't stop picturing probes and pancake syrup. I must go take a scalding hot shower now.

For the record, I detest the faux-hawk.
Flag
The faux hawk is disturbing.
Flag
Killing Hal's Alien-Nano-Bug was Teen-Wolf-Awesome (ok, TW1-2, not TW3, cuz yawn).
Flag
The lone fact that many of the viewers think the mole is Marina makes me believe she isn't. Years of watching soap operas and crime dramas have taught me that writers never make it that obvious. However, that shot of her relishing Tom's resignation and then being sworn makes me wonder if this was Marina's plan all along. With that said, Lourdes still has my vote.
President Hathaway is presumed dead from the attack on the planes they were in.
Crazy Hal rocked. When he was lying on the gurney, I was totally thinking this man needs an Emmy nod.
I wonder on a regular basis about the hygiene of the survivors of the invasion. However, it was established last season how well New Charleston has been set up. So I chock it up to that.
Flag
then why does Pope always look like he needs a shower?
Flag
He wants to. I think he looked like that before the invasion.
Flag
Yep I agree.. Marina being a mole is a bit too obvious now... So the mole would definitely be someone else. At least I hope so.. What I wanted to know was what makes you think that Lourdes is the one?
Flag
Initially, it was the process of elimination - the fact that the other major players were elsewhere during the acts of treason. Then when Lourdes told Anne that she had done the normal tests on Alexis and found nothing strange; the odd way she acted around Anne after claiming that Tom told her to watch Anne; the first aid pack that Lourdes packed for Tom for his flight to meet Pres. Hathaway and the skitters being able to find Tom where ever he went.
Flag
Lourdes would be a great twist, cuz Marina is waaaay too obvious!!
Flag
Quite an observation. Thank you :)
Flag
Why don't they admit it to themselves and just rename this POS the Mason Family Hour - it just get hokey and more hokey with each ep. Going down the Terra Nova road to oblivion but instead of a "Family Values" show with dinosuars it's a "Family Values" show with Aliens. Should have had a Korean couple as the leads - that way they could name Hal One Dum Son
Flag
I agree. It really feels like they're forcing these little Mason family stories on us over the more interesting/main alien invasion plot.

I mean, we haven't had a non-Mason character story in forever. Like, it'd be nice to have a Pope, Weaver, or Tector centric episode... completely devoid of any Mason family member (I couldn't include Maggie, because she's dating Hal and all). However, with the way the show is going (focusing more on the Mason family rather than the entire group of survivors), I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

btw, was anyone else hoping, at the end there (when the Mason family rode out of town), that THAT would be the last we saw of them? I'm praying that they'll all be unceremoniously killed off off-screen, never to be seen again, in the next episode. I know it won't happen, but a person can dream? Can't they?
Flag
Marina is totally the mole, she's way too interested in what the Volm are doing. On the other hand, all of them should be, there's totally a hidden agenda in there.

I really liked "Batshit Crazy Hal," I'd loved to see a little more of him. Damn Skitters and their magical egg thingy...
Flag
It was good, of course, I think a good chunk of this whole section of the season was to cover for actual maternity leave so that Anne can be fully invested in whatever the real point of this season is supposed to be. I am vaguely envisioning that Lexie is going to be a precocious little five year old by the time we catch up with them.

I thought Drew Roy's performance was really good, I even liked how evil Hal was really just kind of ass hole Hal (probably not terribly different than how Hal might have been if not for the alien invasion). What will be interesting is that Hal wasn't exactly the most interesting of Mason children before this, it will be curious to see how this all changed him and it might serve the story better than while Ben embraced and adapted to his issues, Hal might not be able to really recover.

It is kind of obvious that Marina is the mole, right? I mean, we kind of know most of the other people, like all of Pope's beserkers, Anthony, Tector. But, yeah, Hal wasn't around for at least two sabotages that I can remember or at least couldn't have done them. I am going to still say that Karen's point wasn't to use Hal as a mole, but for more nefarious purposes, like, Karen will likely be pregnant next we see her.
More+
Flag
I still think the mole is Lourdes.
Flag
I hope she not, but she less obvious than anyone else.
Flag
Me too! And I genuinely have no idea why...
Flag
I figure she became the mole because she was just sick and tired of fighting the good fight. Remember, last season she was super depressed (especially after losing her love interest).

It's not uncommon for someone, in a television show, to turn traitor because they think it will finally end all the fighting/suffering.
Flag
Yeah, but she was depressed for like 15 minutes. I'm not saying you're wrong, but my money is still on Marina. I know everyone is saying she's too obvious, but I don't think the writers know that.
Flag
yeah and teh dinosaurs could break through teh perimeter if the electric fence goes down!! oopps wrong show!
Flag
sorry, sorry guys
Flag
I thought Marina was the mole from 2 episodes ago but then some things she did convince me otherwise. Like for example coming clean with Tom that she went to the doctor behind him to find out about the Volm weapon, she did not have to do that. When finally she was handed by Tom all the master plan of the Volm weapon, I finally understood. Her plan all the while was to get her hands on that. It seems the "epi I don't know how to spell it" aliens are really afraid of this Volm weapon. They have send evil Hal and a mole to try to get their hands on it.

I am guessing when the truth is uncovered, Tom and the Mason family will come riding back to save the day. Well, falling skies is sort of predictable.

Tom faith in the Volm maybe because he knows the grand plan and also that the humans really do not have much choice as he often pointed out.

Good episode and it is already the 6th episode, only 4 more left.Sign of a good shows is us wishing it would not end so fast.
Flag
I got the feeling the Volm may invite us into something like the Volm protectorate and Earth wot have a choice about not joining it. An Volm protection comes with a few strings attach, which Tom as already decided to accept on his own. Probably hoping to buy earth time to rebuild it forces and learn from the Volm.

Spoilers;

Of cause the summary for the last episode of the season make it sound like the Volm and the Overlord and Skitters aren't the only ones who want to party on Earth.
Flag
There's another race! The Shnezekians!!! OMG OMG OMG
Flag
Decent episode, evil Hal was funny, but glad he's gone. Marina has got to be the mole. She was pushing for Hal to be bumped off too much, and the sneaky way she has been going about things makes me think she is up to something. I'd be surprised if she wasn't. But she is right that Tom needs to question what the Volm are doing more as opposed to blindly going along with what they tell him. You really love you some Pope don't you MaryAnn. I like him although his constant bitching about how sucky and priviliged the Mason's are (everyone always does what Tom Mason wants, Tom Mason is never wrong, Tom Mason is the great white hope, etc.) which is true to a point, can be a bit wearing. If he truly didn't want to be there (or deal with the Masons) he could have left, long ago he stays cause he wants to be a part of something. He is right though about the Mason's getting away with things, when most others wouldn't.
Flag
I think part of Pope's role is to take that Mason frustration from us. By having him express dislike of the spell treatment the Mason clan always gets, we understand that the writers realize we will become frustrated with this magical family and they are acknowledging it.
Flag
That is true.
Flag
urg special treatment, not spell EDIT BUTTON please
Flag
And now the stupids has spread to the whole group. Save for maybe Pope who seems to be the only sane, reliable, and person that says what they should do. I know that the whole story is based around the Mason family. But he is right, nothing is going to happen to the Mason family. Not just for the group, but for the show. The Mason family is above death in a place surrounded by it. So at what point are we supposed to be worried about Hal or Tom or any of them. There is literally no consequences for them so how can we be concerned.

The colonel was dumb, he should have sent Maggie home. Because A, she was dumb in not telling anyone and got people killed and potentially could have gotten them all killed. Pope was dumb in that he really should have just shot Hal. I like Hal as a character, but this whole thing with the Family being above everything needs to end. One of them needs to die. My vote is for the youngest.

Also again with Lourdes being a Doctor when she isn't even close to being a Doctor. 7 months ago by their timeline she was a crappy assistant. She was only in her 2nd year of Pre Med. That is a Sophomore at University, she likely hasn't even had Biology 102. And now she is a full blown Doctor? If she isn't the mole then that is officially the worst aspect of this show. They could have brought in or found along the way an actual Doctor. Now it just seems like they rewrote the whole character and we are supposed to accept it like she wasn't a moron to begin with.

The rest was just filler save for the stupidity of Tom resigning and heading off on a horse.
More+
Flag
She's a doctor now the same way people became doctors for years before, and after, universities were established. By working with Ann so closely for so long she served an internship. Schools are no longer in session, but experience is free.
Flag
7 months, that is how much time there was between season 2 and present. In antiquity people did apprentice to become doctors. But that took years and years of study under a good Doctor. And that was when the apprentice was competent. Lourdes was a moron for the first two seasons. And now she can do advanced Medical procedures? No. Not in the present, not in the future, not even in antiquity. I would believe in aliens coming down and enslaving the whole of humanity before I believe that she can become a Doctor in the time span of 7 months.
Flag
Oh come on, suspend disbelief. It's Falling Skies for Heaven's sake. Anything can happen.
Flag
Yea but morons in the Falling Skies universe are still morons. If she isn't the mole and there is still evidence that she is, she did give them the med pack for no apparent reason and something led them to getting attacked, then they basically just redid her character and expects us to just be ok with it. Her being implanted with a bug like Hal but one that makes her smart explains more things, such as her missing Alexis was half alien on the tests and their still being a mole.
Flag
Staff
The only time I've been concerned for the Mason family this whole season was when Ben considered ditching his spikes and that's only because the the idea of a "WOE, FOR I AM NO LONGER A SUPERHERO" storyline made me die inside. Sooooo my concern wasn't even really for the Masons, it was for myself. Yup.
Flag
Maybe you should get out more
Flag
The President of the old United States is dead and/or a pussy. To hell with him.
Flag
Marina is the President of the NEW United States, same as Tom was. The original President is President of THE United States. None of the residents of Charleston were made aware of him being alive, so Hal, and now Marina, are acting in the capacity as the city leader.

Marina acted like she was a good friend this episode, but she didn't do anything to convince me she isn't the mole. I think we'll find out next week with the emergence of the real President and with Lourdes having said Hal wasn't the mole.

I loved psycho Hal. He'll be missed. The way he took his father hostage, and the way he was stopped by Ben were epic. I only wonder why Maggie is staying in Charleston when the rest of the Mason's are heading out.
Flag
Cause the womenfolk cain't hold up to travel with the menfolk. It's hard and women is too tender fer it.
Flag
Evil Hal was awesome this episode; genuinely looked insane haha! Ben still remains my favourite character.
Flag
Wow, you really love Pope? I keep hoping he'll grow up a little bit and stop acting so stupid.

This was probably one of the better Falling Skies episodes. I'm glad evil Hal is gone, that whole storyline was getting more and more ridiculous.
Flag
Yeah, I thought it was pretty good, too.
Flag
I think Pope raises questions that we as viewers have been wondering about.. Pope might be a TV.com critic in disguise.. lol
Flag
Staff
Yessssss!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members