A Falling Skies Community
TNT (ended 2015)

TNT's alien invasion is almost over: The network has renewed Falling Skies for a 10-episode fifth and final season, the network announced Friday. Will Tom and the humans win? Will the Espheni win? Will Lexi somehow rise up and rule them all? Well, if you've stuck with the show this long, you'll only have to watch 16 more hours of it to find out. 

Meanwhile, The Last Ship's viral outbreak and/or nuclear war will continue, as TNT has ordered a second season of the Eric Dane-starring drama. Season 2 will run for 13 episodes, an increase over its 10-episode freshman season. 

And finally, Major Crimes officially has the go-ahead to keep solving major crimes; TNT has renewed the series for a 15-episode fourth season.

Which of these renewals are you most excited about?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/30/2015

Season 5 : Episode 10

98 Comments
Comments (98)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
This show had way too much potential. They could have made it the first of its kind in terms of an alien invasion plot line that had depth. I'm just going to put it all out instead of thinking of the perfect and proper way to express my opinion (mainly due to my inability to give a shit).

Fallen Skies was an amazing program. For many years we have been bombarded with alien invasion "Movies". One thing I believe that most of the "Alien invasion and Survival" community can agree on is that this is a fantasy.

Fallen Skies was supposed to be that wall that could be broken down to show that humanity has the ability to survive amongst all trials. Sadly, it doesn't. It only shows, and sadly depicts, the way we all know humanity will live.

I loved the thought Fallen Skies because I believed it would show the truth behind how humanity would react to alien life.

I couldn't be more wrong.

SORRY!!!
Flag
Just saw the sun come up and did marathoner with Season 4 of Falling Skies ... WOW love the show can't wait to see Season 5 on Amazon Prime !
Flag
I love falling skies and I don't want it to end but on the other hand I did love the librarian and I'm looking forward to this new show as long as Noah stay's in the picture
Flag
We really like Falling Skies, and it's time for it to wrap up. Seeing The Librarians ready to debut told me FS was going. Do us all a favor end it with a real happy ending. Let the good guys win and let it be spectacular. We deserve it as fans.
Flag
Well after the anticlimax from the last season finale i need to keep watching to see if there will be some sort of conclusion to the show hopefully.
Flag
All of them!
Flag
falling skies jumped the alien shark
Flag
The Last Ship! - I was hoping maybe this time I could get a few seasons out of a new show I enjoyed.
Falling Skies - It could end this season and I would not miss it. The writers took it down a path no science fiction show needs to go. A hybrid baby, please. This show is about aliens invading Earth and how we fight back not how aliens and humans merge into some kind of super race. This is like the Transformers movies, many people hate them because the story line is weak, really, who cares, it's giant transforming robots on the screen blowing each other up, do you really need a story. Falling Skies had promise in the beginning but for me, it's already done.
Major Crimes - Meh, I'll watch it if it's on but I preferred The Closer
Flag
All 3!
Flag
Major Crimes!!
Flag
Could never get into Falling Skies...just failed to pulled me in. So far I'm enjoying Last Ship and am interested in seeing how it goes. At least Falling Skies is actually ending after five seasons unlike some other (won't name) shows that went for the cash grab and drop in quality instead of ending at season 5.
Flag
Falling Skies is a mess. The script goes nowhere, the plot meanders then jumps for no rhyme or reason. Currently they are copying the "Starchild" plotline and the "hitler youth" plotline from (the original) "V" series, but just executing it badly.
I've stopped watching now. I'm only sad that better series got cancelled for doing a far better job.
Flag
This season has been weak on keeping to a tight script and hedging towards a more commercial approach. The previous seasons just seemed tighter and had already dealt with family, friends and becoming. This is a watered down remix of an already well trodden road. The indoctrination of children, to be a little offbeat ought to have dealt with the notion of advertising, selective broadcasting and peer pressure. Hire an anthropologist please - to help script the final season.
Flag
Yeah, what's up with the Nazi Youth training camp influence. Blonde hair, Blue eyes, even the damn haircut was reminiscent of WWII Germany. That totally killed it for me.
Flag
I like the last ship, but the constant religious references turn me off. These references may work for a US audience, but globally it's on the nose.
Flag
I'm US audience. I pay no attention to them. In the grand scheme of things, they do little or nothing to the story. Just roll your eyes like I do and enjoy the show ;P
Flag
I watch Major Crimes sometime. Its got some great veteran actors and a couple of hotties. I liked it better with The Closer though.
Flag
The Last Ship is an OK summer series. It has little competition.
I don't see how they can sustain the story line ...and the characters so far are not interesting enough to carry the series.
The Last Resort was a much better show that was cancelled.
And "On The Beach" told a much better story of the approaching 'end of the world'.

Flag
I liked Last Resort too, but as you pointed out, Last Ship has the advantage of a less competitive schedule. Also worth noting is that Last Resort was on ABC, while Last Ship is on TNT. For all we know ABC might not have renewed Last Ship for a second season, or TNT might have renewed Last Resort had it aired on its station instead.
Flag
I agree prowly. Major networks tend to be less forgiving than cable networks. I was enjoying Tera Nova however, you cannot put a show about time travel and dinosaurs up against The Big Bang Theory for half a season and expect huge ratings. Sad that Tera Nova was not picked up by SciFi Channel at least to give it proper closure ;(
Flag
Falling Skies has been more promise than results in telling a story.
I will continue watching now that I now that Season 5 will be the final season and the story will have closure. That should force the writers to tighten up their stories and have some purpose and energy.
There has been much to much floundering for several seasons. Aside from some cool looking aliens the show hasn't offered much of interest.
I am still watching because it is a Sci-Fi show on during the summer.
Flag
Yeah me too although I am also watching Defiance on SciFi. This season is off to a rough start but I am hopeful it will pick up soon.
Flag
I expected FS to die midway thru season one, so I already got my ass handed to me. It looked awful when it premiered. The story aint bad though, so I watch it every couple weeks.
Flag
A many season renewal of perception is the only thing I want to hear about from tnt. a renewal of rizzoli & isles wouldn't hurt either.

the last ship and falling skies were not watch worthy IMO.
Flag
I find it funny watching people discuss sci-fi shows. Taste for sci-fi varies greatly for many people. Different shows bring in different people. A lot of people dismiss sci-fi too quickly when it can be far more expansive than most shows and nothing is out of the realm of possibility. I enjoy some shows and dislike others and all for for personal reasons and sometimes those agree with others, and sometimes they don't. I will say this, down in the comments I did see someone call a show a masterpiece. While yes, that was an opinion, to call anything of any genre a masterpiece means you have not checked out nearly enough of that genre. Granted I am speaking from my viewpoint and you can take it as you see fit, makes no difference to me, but I have found that there is no such things as a masterpiece of anything, art, movies, tv. Not one thing is truly above all the others, there is just too much variety and taste. Enjoy what you enjoy, don't watch what bores you.
Flag
About 5 seasons more than FS deserved. Glad to hear TLS and MC will be back, tho....
Flag
Glad to see FS end, there was huge potential, its stumbled a lot, was a bit silly but time to end and move on!
Last Ship and MC are both very good shows!
Flag
I'm sort of glad that Falling Skies is getting another season but that means that nothing all that significant or conclusive is likely to happen this season.
Flag
I know people like different things but I have trouble watching shows where the adults let the kids tell them there ok with handling guns and what not (walking dead any one???). I mean Don't the parents still need to be parents even in the eye of an alien or zombie invasion???

Flag
I would say that in the world of TWD, starting at age 8-10, a kid with a gun is likely to live longer than a kid without one. Carl is certainly old enough.

The world of FS is also very dangerous. It's just less likely that a gun will be enough to save a life. They still have to make decisions that would be strange in a safer world, for example the decision to not try to remove the alien hardware from Ben's body. It's doing weird things to his body, and could kill him eventually, but it's also making him stronger in ways that vastly improve his chances to survive another month. So the decision that would lower his life expectancy in a safe world, increases his life expectancy in theirs.
Flag
OK, I see your point and its a good one BUT I don't care what world it is in, giving young children weapons like that is a bad idea. While they will always say they know what there doing the chances of them hurting them selves and others is to great to do it!!!! And when an accident happens (not if) who's fault will it really be.
Flag
I give Grimes a brek because, in the world of The Walking Dead, he already reached his life expentancy and Carl reached adulthood by now.

Untill Falling Skies comes up with that griundbreaking reality, their kids are still kids and their parents are still irresponsible
Flag
I cannit believe some people watch this, I love sci fi but seriously, you lost me "the history teacher who gave his 8 year old an automatic weapon is going to save the world"?????
Flag
Well I'm they are giving the Falling Skies team plenty of warning to wrap things up. Hopfully we'll get an epic last season.
Flag
Yay for The Last Ship. I am enjoying that one.
Flag
Agreed!
Flag
Good for them!
Flag
Ohhh so sad, but at least there will be an ending.
Flag
I'm glad they have an ending in mind for Falling Skies and it won't just linger and then get canceled with no resolution.
Flag
yay major crimes!!! it's become such a solid show with a different energy from the closer. i didn't think it would grow on me this much
Flag
FS: I'm still watching but it's seeming more and more directionless. Maybe getting Ben and Maggie together will give it some energy...

MC: OK but should be a whole lot better. Zero development of the surviving Closer characters since Rusty showed up. Such a waste of talent and goodwill.

LS: I have it recorded - now that it's been renewed I'll start watching - mainly because of Adam Baldwin who played such great characters in Chuck and Firefly.
Flag
While watching the newest episode of Falling Skies last night, I was thinking how much longer could this show go on for? Today, I have my answer. Ending at 52 episodes is more than enough.
Flag
Disappointed that Falling Skies will be onto its final season, love the show, could keep watching it for many more seasons.
Flag
I feel the same way. The fight is hardly going to be won overnight, that's just ridiculous. It had to have had all kinds of different story lines along the way; that's what made it so interesting.
Flag
I'm glad that Falling Skies has an end set, because I was seriously considering giving up on the show... but if it's only got one season left, I'll atleast finish it out. I did give up on The Last Ship though, not nearly enough about the virus is happening and the military stuff just got on my nerves, too boring.
Flag
Nooooooooo I like Falling Skies! Time to start a campaign for 10 more seasons!!!
Flag
Major Crimes continues to deliver, nice. It would be nice to see them start working on an extended exit strategy though.
Flag
Glad you said that, JT, I agree...
Flag
Its good that Falling Skies has an end date. I hope it would have a strong ending.
Flag
Falling Skies is and always was a trainwreck. I'm glad they finally decided to mercy kill this show. And no I have no idea why I'm still watching it. It must be my undying devotion to Dr. John Carter from E.R.

As for renewal of The Last Ship - does it mean McSteamy will finally get steamy with the Doc Lady?
Flag
Conidering that I didn't like what I saw of The Last Ship, considering I've never watched Major Crimes, and considering that I have watched every episode of Fallin Skies, then Falling Skies is the only one I care anout listed.
Flag
Major Crimes is one of my favorite shows. I love the relationships among the shows characters, and how they have changed over time, especially the one between Rusty and Captain Sharon Raydor. This show is about character development as well as crime.
Flag
The way the whole squad have essentially raised Rusty and at the same time grown as people themselves has been really impressive television IMO, Major Crimes from day one has been vastly superior to The Closer.
Flag
Agreed. Kyra Sedgwick is an accomplished actress, but oh my did the show get better after her exit! Mary McDonnell is simply perfection, and yes, this cast is not static but growing throughout the series.
Flag
I liked how both shows at the beginning started with the senoir officer trying to assert their authority over experienced officers. Then over time mutual respect for eachother, at the end of season 1 of the closer andy flynn was the one that kept brenda lee johnson in her job despite being against her appointment at the start of season1.

both mc and tc saw the team grow and formed a family. I liked it in season 1 or 2 where rusty finds his biological farther and he gets beaten by him, the mc unit makes the farther sign away his parental rights and if he didnt they made sure his wife and employer would find out he is a child beater.
Flag
Wish I could give you three thumbs up mate. That's exactly how I feel about Major Crimes.
Flag
Major Crimes does rock.
Flag
I want to see the end of Falling Skies just to see if they can explain all the stupidity of both sides. The Last Ship through 3 episodes could have promise if they avoid the stupidity of the 3rd episode( No large ship at sea could ever run out of water. Even if the watermakers didn't work, you could build a fire on deck and distill seawater.).
Flag
Lol I wondered about that. silly mistake
Flag
I gave up on Falling Skies this season. The Lexie story line was just too much... This show had so much potential, I was really disappointed by how bad the writing and acting was.

I'm glad for the people who have stuck with it, and still love it. It's always good when a show gets a proper ending.
Flag
I am still watching because I keep waiting for the moment when someone talks sense to Lourdes and Lexie or just punches their faces..
Flag
I'm holding out for gratuitous nudity.
Flag
Yeah, I suffered through it for its first three years but finally had to bail out this season, too. There's too much other TV I actually like. Why stick with a show that increasingly became a chore to watch?

However, like you, I'm glad the faithful will get an ending. Here's hoping it's a satisfying one. And who knows? I may even watch the last couple myself. I've partially earned that much.

Flag
Why don't Spielberg and crew just give up already - "FALLING SKIES" is just feces, Unlike 'Defiance', an alien invasion show that figured out what was wrong with their show and fixed it, 'Falling Skies' just keeps hitting the same stale notes, keeps stealing from 'Battlestar Galactica', and keeps finding new ways to suck more every year. Someone needs to just put this crap show out of our misery. All this snow accomplished was renewing my spite for 'Dr. John Carter'.
Flag
Is this season of Defiance worth it? Last season left a bad taste and the season premier didn't win me back. Did it get better?
Flag
its been solid since the premiere. All the missteps are gone and they really seem to know what they want to do and are doing it. its like they were figuring it out last season. The only part that still needs tune up is the acting from the two playing the 'Romero and Juliet' of this story, 'Alac' and 'Christie'. Julie Benz has been fantastic and is making us forget the door mat she played on 'Dexter'. I had little faith in this show and this network but came back for Season 2 to see and was very pleasantly surprised. The overall story and the additions to the cast have made it a much funner summer ride than it was last year. Give it another try. Jamie Murray has always been a favorite of mine and her and Tony Curran as the Tarrs, Datak and Stahma Tarr, have been so damn good. They've expertly put Graham Greene's 'Rafe McCawley' in their characters' orbit and the results have been pure gold. Glad I came back -- its soo much better than Spielberg's flaming pile of poo on TNT - a cornucopia of bad dialogue, bad acting, and dumb as hell stories that keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again. Noah Wiley is so useless in the lead role -Grant Bowler is far from a great actor, but at least he's trying and having some fun with his part on 'Defiance' and at least his character isn't giving the same pointless RAH RAH speeches - filled with worn out cliches from beginning to end - in every flipping episode. Its worth a second glance.
More +
Flag
Cool, I will have to catch up on it. Thanks for the recommendation.
Flag
Another season, uuh!.
Flag
Yikes. Falling Skies, I couldn't get passed the season opener.

The Last Ship is kind of boring.

Matlock in LA is a show that has never appealed to me.

But good on them for getting renewed.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members