A Falling Skies Community
TNT (ended 2015)

Spoiler alert: The invading aliens of Falling Skies will not wipe humanity off the face of the Earth in Season 3. The time jump, the crazy talking baby, the alien named "Cochise," the mole talk, the "can he or can't he walk?" question with Hal, and whatever else has happened in the last few episodes (I'm a little behind) have all inspired TNT to grant its summer sci-fi series a 10-episode fourth season, set to air in 2014.

Falling Skies is the number-one basic-cable summer scripted series among 18-49 year olds and 25-54 year olds, according to TNT, and is averaging 5.8 million viewers when a week's worth of DVR numbers are factored in. 3.2 million people watched Sunday's most recent episode live.

Okay, those are the hard numbers, but is Falling Skies currently any good? Based on what I've seen of Season 3 and read in MaryAnn's awesome reviews, I think it's more of the same. The same being "It has its moments, but could be a lot better." At least Sarah Carter (my girl!) is still around.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/30/2015

Season 5 : Episode 10

55 Comments
Comments (40)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I've been watching Falling Skies from the start, and is now starting to REALLY annoy me. Someone below posted "how can FS be compared to V, they are totally different.". Well THAT is the main thing that has had me screaming at the screen. Let's see...

Small girl who is a hybrid human/alien suddenly, for no good reason, grows into a teenage blonde haired girl with special powers. Meanwhile, the aliens brain-wash young kids to joining Hitler Youth type groups, complete with Nazi style uniforms, getting them to turn on their parents.

Ermm.. that's a plot-line from the original V series ... and people STILL have the audacity to say there is no similarity? It's EMBARRASSING!!!
Flag
Note poll huh Tim (the writer of the article)! Just another "precessional" critic that can't be paid attention too nor trusted when it comes to reviews as the poll shows with over 80% in disagreement. Could the show be better, sure just like every other show on TV and the problem with the scifi nuts like myself is if they made it the exact way I'd wanted only the hard core scifi would watch and the show would never make it therefore they have to make it appear to a large age group.

Flag
Cancellation bear is scared of skitters !!! I knew it !! :D
Flag
It's too late to hope for a had-so-much-potential to improve, but I'm pleased that an entertaining-filler show I enjoy has been renewed.
Flag
Good news.
It's not much compared to The Walking Dead or Game Of Thrones, but I look forward to new seasons.
Flag
Yes! Here's to 10 more!
Flag
The poll is tricky, because I want a renewal but also I'm rooting for the bad aliens to wipe the resistance!
Flag
There are a lot of popular TV Shows out there that are just plain bad, and I can understand the mocking of a show like Revolution which is full of pretty terrible characters, but Falling Skies is actually pretty high-quality for not being on AMC, FX, or a Premium. The special effects are movie-quality, and I really do like most of the characters quite a lot. The casting for his kids was handled very well, especially when it comes to Ben. Even Weaver seems more endearing now that he comes across as a lot more pitiful and sort of "mascoty"(in a good way) this season . Honestly, as much as I enjoy The Walking Dead, it's much more silly now than Falling Skies has even been.

Flag
I wish the Skitters would kill them! The Show just drags.....
Flag
Deserved to be renewed, but it really should be better!
I mean, I mean, Pope and the prez jump off a cliff into water, come out with nothing, then all of a sudden Pope has a shotgun??

I think Defiance is much more interesting TV!
Flag
That Pope is one talented fellow. Don't forget he was once sitting around a table and gave birth to an airplane.
Flag
But wait, didn't Prez shove that shotgun up his arse, before they jumped.. maybe that will be a deleted scene in the season 3 dvd pack?!
Flag
Whatever. I quit after season 2. Cant stand its pace, charaters and lack of simple logic. I dont know how I manage to watch 2 seasons of this thing.
Flag
"The same being "It has its moments, but could be a lot better." is the perfect description for this show
Flag
It still works as a filler for those hours late at night that one doesn't want to be active at all. So yes, I'll watch and thus I'm happy in some way.
Flag
"The same being "It has its moments, but could be a lot better." At least Sarah Carter (my girl!) is still around."

I also agree Sarah Carter is there :D
Flag
All I can say is YES YES YES YES thank you:-)
Flag
I stopped watching during the first season finale and my friend is pissed I never caught up. But then again, he definitely doesn't have the best taste in tv shows. Am I missing anything?
Flag
You saw first season, so nope i think it is about it.
Flag
Well, by the end of the four seasons, there should almost be enough material to form one hour's worth of decent TV.
Flag
The viewer responses to this are overwhelming! Why am I not watching this thing? Oh, yeah, now I remember--Never Mind...
Flag
I get the impression the writers had one or two seasons of story. It's now starting to look like a bad Syfy movie. I'll probably watch the rest of this season but unless it gets better or gets cancelled next season I may not watch any more.
Flag
BOOM!! so awesome!
Flag
What's the most overrated show ?

Falling Skies for sure ...

Flag
Community still exists, right?
Flag
I watch the show but it's a show that once the ending of the season comes I forget about it so I'm like a meh like a hoo-okay
Flag
Yay! I'm a happy girl now even after watching Under the Dome last night.
Flag
I kind of like the show especially fot NOT being the same all the time. The basic premise has changed a lot since the first episodes, especially between seasons 2 and 3. They went from a chaotic group trying to survive an alien invasion to an somewhat organized attempt to rebuild a civilization while taking a stand against the invaders they more or less fled from in season 1.
Of course it's nowhere near being "the best show of all times" but I think it's good and solid, beating 95% of the crap on TV, and I am happy that it will return for another season.
Flag
I stopped watching after the season 3 premiere. Somehow i follow these characters for 3 years and the show never managed to make me care about any of them. The dialogue is silly when it's not atrocious and the story is just hackneyed. I honestly think it's written by children. Which is a shame because the effects and the actors aren't that bad.
Flag
I enjoyed the previous seasons but I've gotten to where I don't even want to watch the new episodes.. the baby storyline is ridiculous and Pope is ridiculous, and this past episode was total filler and, you guessed it, ridiculous.
Flag
I've watched it from the beginning, but i gave up on it just a few episodes into the new season. It's not enough to satisfy my tv land needs! :)

Flag
What I don't get is how this show manages to keep on going and V and Flashback were cancelled. Oh ya, its all about the network not the actual show.
Flag
That's because Falling Skies is on Cable Tv renewed vision...
And not on known called Network Channels cancel vision...

And why is everybody comparing Falling Skies to V anyway?
They're not same or similar type dealing with aliens science fiction really...

In V the aliens didn't invade the whole entire universe or clean the humans out of their homes and business...
They came as warning symbol of hope to the humans... And then they turn on them into the end. Expect for the alien's close race daughter fall in love with human's close race son...

And Falling Skies is just like The Walking Dead startards already the world is with invasion attacks... And seeing the humans out of their homes and business life they've left behind. And they're trying to fight for survival to be safe into this world... And some Aliens work with them or some Aliens they attack stopping down...

I see no relations of Falling Skies and V, being same type deal of science fiction involving around aliens...
Flag
my point exactly as far as your first statement goes. And as far as comparing them, that's your issue cause the only comparing I was doing was how the fate of enjoyable sci-fi shows come more down to the channel they are on than the show itself. Other examples being The Dollhouse.
Flag
This show could be more than it is, that is undoubtedly true. Yet, it does enough to keep me watching and keep me (even if slightly) interested. I don't care for some storylines, but I like that it has a broad range of available ones, such as multiple races working together or against one another, etc. They could definitely work on expanding and exploring that instead of focusing on family dynamics (and season three is indeed more of the same), but it is also definitely not the worst show I'm watching. I find a boring show more terrible than an underachieving one, and for me, Falling Skies is still at the up end of the balance.
Flag
right so the mole isn't hal.. when they showed the black figure with the metal ball greenlazer scanner he was out with his dad and reaver taking out the depot.

that 'first lady'/vice president' is my main suspect now
Flag
I'm not surprised it was renewed. It doesn't matter how terrible it is, we're still watching it! Although, I don't know how much more of it I can take.
Flag
love falling skies! thumbs up!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members