Falling Skies

Compass

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Jun 24, 2012 on TNT

• Jimmy died :(

The 2nd Mass moves into an airport hangar but the situation gives Anne reason to worry about the health of the group. Meanwhile Pope and The Berserkers hatch a plan to deal with Tom.The group suffers a great loss but receives a promise of hope from a mysterious visitor. This was a disappointing episode of "Falling Skies" as it was nowhere near as good as the first two Season 2 episodes that aired. This is Season 1 all over again where they really slowed things down and that's one of the flaws that the show needs to improve on doing. This isn't a bad episode but it most certainly was a very slow and boring episode that dragged on with not too many things going on to get you excited or blown away. There's only a couple of brief action scenes somewhere in the first 20 minutes of the episode and that's it so there really was pretty much no action besides those 2 brief action scenes towards the beginning. This episode was so dang slow though and I just got bored and it wasn't the episode I was hoping after the two episodes last Sunday night really entertained me. There were a few scenes there were memorable while the rest will be forgettable after I'm done reviewing this episode. The fight between Tom and Pope was pretty awesome and kinda funny to watch and that was one of the memorable moments of the episode but Tom did have every right to punch down Pope because Pope didn't care about Jimmy's death and wanted to keep his compass but Tom wanted to have Jimmy's compass as a symbolism of him which Pope was being inconsiderate and selfish about. That blond woman (forgot her name) flying that plane was an enjoyable character. The thing that did bug me about this episode was the fact that a young boy like Jimmy had to be killed off the show already. I enjoyed Jimmy all of Season 1 and in the first few episodes of Season 2 but unfortunately this episode is the last where we see this character and like they said in that memorial scene near the end of the episode "It was too soon for him to die". The last 10 minutes of the episode does almost wanna make you cry and the memorial/funeral scene for Jimmy was sad as well as Ben putting his head on Captain Weaver and crying about Jimmy's death because he feels guilty about it since him and Jimmy were out in the forest and that alien scratched Jimmy which made a lot of blood come out of him. It just sad to see Jimmy not make it and how Dr. Glass just tried everything she can to save him but she couldn't. Rest In Peace to the heroic and good-hearted young boy named Jimmy and he won't be forgotten. The last 20 minutes of the episode is probably more enjoyable to watch. I hope the next episode won't be really slowed down like this episode and actually will have something interesting and captivating to keep you entertained. Overall, an okay but very slow/boring and overall disappointing episode of "Falling Skies" with a sad ending... R.I.P. Jimmy. 6.5/10
TNT