Falling Skies Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on TNTIn Season

Finale Discussion - Mutiny/Eight Hours

Yaspaa

[1]Aug 11, 2011
    • level: 79
    Please direct all discussion regarding the two-part finale here, thanks.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

haldrey

[2]Aug 12, 2011
    • level: 22
    Two great episodes. Falling Skies ended the season with a bang.

EJamison

[3]Aug 13, 2011
    • level: 17

I don't think putting a large antenna on a puny transmitter can accomplish much.

There have been lots of little flaws that bother me. I wonder if it will make any more sense once we learn the message that Tom receives.

kanniballl

[4]Aug 16, 2011
    • level: 18

EJamison wrote:

I don't think putting a large antenna on a puny transmitter can accomplish much.

There have been lots of little flaws that bother me. I wonder if it will make any more sense once we learn the message that Tom receives.

It depends... I don't recall the scene. Was the only antenna the small one attached to the box itself, or was there one outside? And what was the antenna they used... did they just touch wires to the flag pole or do something else?

If the only antenna was inside the building, attached to the device... then between the strength / size / concrete-walls it might not have worked. But put the antenna outside, and high enough... then it might hit the mechs with a strong enough signal to interfere with their stuff.

Take your Wifi router or access-point, put it in your basement, and see how far outside you can get the signal.

Take the router or access-point, put it on your roof outside, and see how far you can get the signal now.

Edited on 08/16/2011 11:57am
    Edited 2 total times.

CappinHoff

[5]Aug 18, 2011
    • level: 5
    kanniballl wrote:

EJamison wrote:

It depends... I don't recall the scene. Was the only antenna the small one attached to the box itself, or was there one outside? And what was the antenna they used... did they just touch wires to the flag pole or do something else?

If the only antenna was inside the building, attached to the device... then between the strength / size / concrete-walls it might not have worked. But put the antenna outside, and high enough... then it might hit the mechs with a strong enough signal to interfere with their stuff.

Take your Wifi router or access-point, put it in your basement, and see how far outside you can get the signal.

Take the router or access-point, put it on your roof outside, and see how far you can get the signal now.

At first it was the built in antenna. They were using it to find the signal Ben could hear.

Then when the Mechs showed up, Ben ran out and connected the jumper cables to the flag pole.

mermayd

[6]Aug 23, 2011
    • level: 19
    Whether or not the antenna would get signal is the least of the plot holes in this show.

ionee24

[7]Aug 24, 2011
    • level: 32
    I'm more interested in why Karen was harnessed when she's supposed to be too old for that (they needed kids, not teenagers).

How Pope went from rogue to Weaver's latest ally.

Where are they going to get a wife and kid Weaver didn't know existed and how are they going to fit with Jimmy and Maggie (the kid and whatever that Weaver already has).

Is Ben going to become a skitter?

Why Ricky is NOT going to become a skitter

And what happened to the 4th and 5th mass.

angeleys151

[8]Apr 7, 2012
    • level: 6
    ionee24 wrote:
    I'm more interested in why Karen was harnessed when she's supposed to be too old for that (they needed kids, not teenagers).

How Pope went from rogue to Weaver's latest ally.

Where are they going to get a wife and kid Weaver didn't know existed and how are they going to fit with Jimmy and Maggie (the kid and whatever that Weaver already has).

Is Ben going to become a skitter?

Why Ricky is NOT going to become a skitter

And what happened to the 4th and 5th mass.

I think they could take teens cause Ben was 13 or 14, and maybe it's not about physical age so much as mental development or something else. Or maybe they can take adults but don't usually because kids are more easily controlled.

Don't know what to think about Pope, I'm still not sure he hasn't got a hidden agenda.

I don't see how Jimmy would interfere with Weaver finding his family. And Maggie is just a soldier isn't she?

I think the difference between Ben and Ricky might be that Ben was harnessed longer so it's take more root.

I assumed the 4th and 5th were destroyed at some point. The 2nd might find stragglers of survivors from it, but I think the majority of them were killed (but if you were looking for specifics I can't help there)

cale1234567

[9]Aug 1, 2012
    • level: 7
    i loved mutiney except that suddenly a "weaver-like underling" just poped up specifically to replace tom and never appears again
    after the resolution
    smacked of poor planning to me
    the sci fi eqivelant of the guest staring brother you just havent happend to heard about until nowand whom youll never see again
    (maybe theyll introduce a second brother played by christina apllegate)