Sunday 10:00 PM on TNTIn Season

Is charleston the reservation?

Is charleston the reservation

cale1234567

[1]Jul 2, 2012
    • level: 7

Just a wild theory

remembering the overlord's offer from the the start of season 2

i was wondering why all these people in one place get left alone by the aliens?

have they alreadly surrended?

or am i just chatting poo poo

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Mike_Schmidt

[2]Jul 13, 2012

It's a very good question because it addressesnot only the internal issues of the program but also the external...

To deal with the external... out side of the program we know that the series has been renewed for a 3rd season... it is hardly likely that could work if based out of Charlsetown - even on the basis of budgetry contraints but also creatively.

Internally, in a pratical sense - if a colony was to develop up to say 5000 people (it is said that they have 3000 already) then the objectives of the aliens are being achieved - its a good and easy target - if the humans use it as a base to mount a resistance. It becomes/is a reservation.

In all probability it is a group of misguided humans who belive they are "doing the right thing" and eventually can negotiate with the aliens... but of course they can't and al those people "on the spot" are essentially localised targets.

I think that we can expect the guys to arrive and find an "end result" or arrive and find passives and/or aquiesed - which essentially means a failed resistance. With a core characterisation based on the hero being a history professor its unlikely this will sit well with him - and with Weaver in a military frame of mind... I think they'll leave so as to keep up the fight and not jepordise the Charsletons who want to keep their heads down and just survive...

doctorwho747

[4]Jul 21, 2012
    • level: 5
    Mike_Schmidt wrote:

It's a very good question because it addressesnot only the internal issues of the program but also the external...

To deal with the external... out side of the program we know that the series has been renewed for a 3rd season... it is hardly likely that could work if based out of Charlsetown - even on the basis of budgetry contraints but also creatively.

Internally, in a pratical sense - if a colony was to develop up to say 5000 people (it is said that they have 3000 already) then the objectives of the aliens are being achieved - its a good and easy target - if the humans use it as a base to mount a resistance. It becomes/is a reservation.

In all probability it is a group of misguided humans who belive they are "doing the right thing" and eventually can negotiate with the aliens... but of course they can't and al those people "on the spot" are essentially localised targets.

I think that we can expect the guys to arrive and find an "end result" or arrive and find passives and/or aquiesed - which essentially means a failed resistance. With a core characterisation based on the hero being a history professor its unlikely this will sit well with him - and with Weaver in a military frame of mind... I think they'll leave so as to keep up the fight and not jepordise the Charsletons who want to keep their heads down and just survive...

First I just heard that as probably everyone figured, the sixth ep just aired and the second mass will reach Charleston in episodes nine and ten airing as a two hour season finale like they did last year. I also heard Terry O Quinn, for those who don't know he played John Locke in Lost and many other things, will guest star as described as "Tom's mentor", though in what capacity if he will be there in person or if it will be flashbacks hasn't been said but I'm thinking he'll be there in person as 1. FS doesn't do flashbacks or at least hasn't yet, and 2. he will probably be the leader. if it's even true that the Charleston "haven" exists I hope it will bot be once again not what it seems and another human traitors to the aliens. They actually already did that last season with the kids being taken by humans, and the next season of "The Walking Dead" has a similar storyline that was the best and longest in the comics about 32 issues and TWD starts in Oct with a 16 episode season. Cuz than everyone will start going all "TWD copied Falling Skies" and vice versa. No it would be better if Charleston turns out to be exactly what it was said to be, but of course the group will just get settled in before the s**t hits the fans and either aliens attack or something bad happens. and were left with another cliffhanger. Like you said they will most likely be in Charleston for the finale and depending on where the story goes a few eps or possibly all of season 3, but they won't be there forever cuz one of the biggest plots of the show is the 2nd mass always on the move, having them stay in Charlestn for the remainder would suck. This I also compare to The Walking Dead's second season where in the comic they were in one place for 3 issues but there for the entire 13 ep second season. I'm only mentioning TWD cuz of course the shows are similar and two it seems many many people are fans of both, I just hope there doesn't end up being a "which show is better" online bitc***G contest

cale1234567

[5]Jul 28, 2012
    i cant see em staying in charlston some how they have to get back in the fight

Retreat Regroup Return
    Revenge

stanmorne

[6]Jul 30, 2012
    • level: 6
    doctorwho747 wrote:
    Mike_Schmidt wrote:

First I just heard that as probably everyone figured, the sixth ep just aired and the second mass will reach Charleston in episodes nine and ten airing as a two hour season finale like they did last year. I also heard Terry O Quinn, for those who don't know he played John Locke in Lost and many other things, will guest star as described as "Tom's mentor", though in what capacity if he will be there in person or if it will be flashbacks hasn't been said but I'm thinking he'll be there in person as 1. FS doesn't do flashbacks or at least hasn't yet, and 2. he will probably be the leader. if it's even true that the Charleston "haven" exists I hope it will bot be once again not what it seems and another human traitors to the aliens. They actually already did that last season with the kids being taken by humans, and the next season of "The Walking Dead" has a similar storyline that was the best and longest in the comics about 32 issues and TWD starts in Oct with a 16 episode season. Cuz than everyone will start going all "TWD copied Falling Skies" and vice versa. No it would be better if Charleston turns out to be exactly what it was said to be, but of course the group will just get settled in before the s**t hits the fans and either aliens attack or something bad happens. and were left with another cliffhanger. Like you said they will most likely be in Charleston for the finale and depending on where the story goes a few eps or possibly all of season 3, but they won't be there forever cuz one of the biggest plots of the show is the 2nd mass always on the move, having them stay in Charlestn for the remainder would suck. This I also compare to The Walking Dead's second season where in the comic they were in one place for 3 issues but there for the entire 13 ep second season. I'm only mentioning TWD cuz of course the shows are similar and two it seems many many people are fans of both, I just hope there doesn't end up being a "which show is better" online bitc***G contest

Yeah I agree with you and I'm also inclined to compare these two shows because of the 'end of the world' kinda theme and the 'move around alot' aspect of it. I also hope they won't stay at charlestone for too long. Maybe they can save the people there if it turns out to be an ambush.