Falling Skies Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on TNTIn Season

Season 4 Commisioned

Yaspaa

[1]Jul 3, 2013
    • level: 79
    Falling Skies has been renewed for a fourth season.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MatthewRaiche

[2]Jul 8, 2013
    • level: 5

Seriously? How the hell did this show get renewed again? It started out mediocre, and has just been getting worse. They need to kill this thing and replace it with something better.

MarkusBcklund

[3]Jul 29, 2013
    • level: 3
    Matthew, if you gotta say something negative, why bother saying anything at all? I personally think that this show has been getting better and better.

The way things have been progressing on this season, I can't wait to see season 4.

iwatchtoomuchtv

[4]Aug 2, 2013
    • level: 4

Only positive comments allowed? Come on? Really? The show is already that perfect, huh? I don't think so.

I'm with Matthew. This show is terrible. The Weaver character needs to die, as soon as possible. Better yet, cancel the show. Better than "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century" and "Under the Dome", but still quite bad.

sjukfan

[5]Aug 5, 2013
    • level: 4
    Nice. I thought it was a bit too much a few time in season 1 but since then I think it has grown on me.

ruggafella

[6]Aug 10, 2013
    • level: 1

I'm with Matthew. It's a bad show.

They've basically taken the tired cliches of SG-1 and put it in the world of The Walking Dead with aliens. The basic premise (Walking Dead in an alien apocalypse) has promise to be dark, thought provoking and a bit thrilling. Instead, it's 'paint by numbers' with no tension (look at the last two episodes for a perfect example of how to drop several plot twists to zero emotional impact). It's a very disappointing and frustrating TV show.

Now that we're in the stream-when-you-want world of TV viewing, isn't there a stronger case for putting on a good show over the summer season?

Edited on 08/10/2013 5:42am

yael8907

[7]Aug 14, 2013
    • level: 3

ruggafella wrote:

I'm with Matthew. It's a bad show.

They've basically taken the tired cliches of SG-1 and put it in the world of The Walking Dead with aliens. The basic premise (Walking Dead in an alien apocalypse) has promise to be dark, thought provoking and a bit thrilling. Instead, it's 'paint by numbers' with no tension (look at the last two episodes for a perfect example of how to drop several plot twists to zero emotional impact). It's a very disappointing and frustrating TV show.

Now that we're in the stream-when-you-want world of TV viewing, isn't there a stronger case for putting on a good show over the summer season?

I agree with you and I don't even know why I decided to watch this 3rd season. I swore it off last year because there's nothing great or compelling about Falling Skies. Literally, I just had nothing to watch over this summer so I gave it one last try. Safe to say this show has gotten horribly worse.

I'm not asking for Emmy-winning writing or flawless storytelling, but when the writers can't even seem to fill in the holes of the storyline with sensible plot-driven material then that is a major problem. So many things happened without a bit of connection or plausible reasoning. Also there were like 2 new characters that were introduced and ended up disappearing by the end of the season without any explanation. Just really bad on behalf of the writers and the crew. Just really bad. I honestly don't know how on Earth this show got renewed. Somebody must really be looking out for it then.

willhsujr

[8]Sep 15, 2013
    • level: 2

Awesome. Great show! Look forward for Season 4 and hope it goes on till Season 5!