Falling Skies Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on TNTBetween Seasons

Second Season Commissioned

kanniballl

[21]Aug 9, 2011
    • level: 18

AndresGlezer wrote:

Does anyone know if season 2 is planned for this year, or we┬┤ll have to wait to 2012?

I think they showed a teaser after Falling Skies finished, and I think it said Summer 2010

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

darshaagan

[22]Aug 9, 2011
    • level: 4

Like it, even though it has a slow pace. So did Stargate Universe and just as it got really good it got cancelled. I really hope that doesn't happen to this show too. And it's summer 2012 for season 2

JelleVieux

[23]Aug 10, 2011
    • level: 1

I agree, the show took it's time to develop but lets give it a chance. I think it has a lot of potential.

Yaspaa

[24]Aug 11, 2011
    • level: 79
    It won't be back this year.

Yaspaa

[25]Aug 11, 2011
    OMG, the most recent review on this site of the show is from a guy who has watched 5 minutes and couldn't even be bothered to write an intelligent review, probably because he's only watched 5 minutes, teletubbies was on.

Geordiegirl1967

[26]Aug 12, 2011
    • level: 5
    I am half way through this first series and I am really enjoying it, so am pleased there will be a second series. It isn't ground breaking, but it is entertaining with likeable characters and good special effects. I love Noah W. He can do no wring in my eyes. And I love me an apocalyptic 'what would humans do if...' story. So I was predisposed to like it, but even so, I think it is good stuff.

harrican

[27]Aug 14, 2011
    • level: 5
    Its a good sci-fi! much better than V Keep it coming!!

ionee24

[28]Aug 17, 2011
    • level: 32

darshaagan wrote:
    Like it, even though it has a slow pace. So did Stargate Universe and just as it got really good it got cancelled. I really hope that doesn't happen to this show too. And it's summer 2012 for season 2

Personally, I don't give it more than 2 season, but I'm willing to see if it improves (which I doubt it).

ceejay_03

[29]Aug 17, 2011
    • level: 3
    It needs more then 10 episodes per season!!!!!! come on it sucks now i have to wait for 2012

Whisky1981

[30]Aug 20, 2011

First of all Im glad they will do a 2nd season altough I am pissed that Ill have to wait a year for it.... I had great expectations for this series but it came out plain stupid so they really need to improve it and I hope they will. Just some points to back up my stupidity statement. Letting the harnessed kids walking freely the among others and talking about very important mission and tech discoveryis in front of them...dumb. Not noticing that something is wrong with Rick??? How can you miss that, the kid is a zombie and you dot even keep him under surveilance let alone not noticing when he is gone for a while??? 200 civilians doing nothing but eating and complaining when they couldmanufacture bullets (after the discovery)??? Take down 4 legs of the god knows why so high structure?....The damn thing is standing on 4 legs take out two of them and the gravity will do the rest. blowing them up with bombs?...why not try the RPG from distance first? Uh I could go on for hours. So yeah the show is stupid but just because I love Sci-Fi and alien invasion movies I hope they will do better and that is because Im glad theyll do a second season. Fingers croosed for some wisdom. And yeah Spielberg is losing the touch for a while now so is no surprise really.

lordloxley

[32]Sep 19, 2011

It is sad to read a bunch of people asking for cancellation.

If you don't like it.... use your remote.

I'm really tired of networks cancelling good shows. Just because a 0.00003% drop in the ratings.

The worst is Fox.

Luckily the suits at the networks don't bother reading the whiners here.

Just in case someone want to psychoanalyze me via TV shows... hooked on: (not in a specific order)

Burned Notice, Suits Falling Skies, Alphas, TrueBlood, Eureka, Necessary Roughness, The Closer, 2 &Half men, Human Target, Warehouse 13, Leverage, Cougar Town, Psych, Covert Affairs, Hung (many more... I love my Dish DVR and other inmternet "services" )

Looking forward for Terra Nova... on Fox ohoh L

nothing more...

mightyroberto

[33]Sep 19, 2011
    for me it is a good show all round. yeah so it didn't have the fast pace of some shows but if that's what you expected from it then you are seriously wrong. There have been too many 'aliens take over earth, humans defeat aliens' shows/movies. The whole purpose of this show is to promote the human survival aspect of alien occupation. It was always going to be a slow runner but the story will grow. If you have watched other spielberg TV stuff (band of brothers etc.) you will know his stuff is always a slow burner, but the end product is always magical.

dif_frent

[34]Sep 20, 2011
    • level: 10
    This is not an action movie/show. When I hear science-fiction, I usually expect action. I did not see much action, so I did not like the show in the beginning. But...
    Who says there must be a lot of action in sy-fy? "Falling skies" is about love, family, patriotism, sacrifice. All mixed up nicely into a family movie. I'm OK with that. You want action? Switch to "Human Target". Sorry, no more Human Target. Then switch to a basketball match,

Being a family show, Falling Skies will never be as good as Battlestar Gallactica, but it's the producers choice and I respect that. Although it would be nice to see Dr Glass in a tight red dress. Battlestar Gallactica fans know what I'm talking about.I just remembered the beautiful lady in red killing an infant in the first episode. You'll never see it in a family movie.

mermayd

[35]Oct 16, 2011
    • level: 19
    I am watching the show because i like Noah Wyle, and if he weren't in it I think I would have given up after the first episode.

I'm curious to see what happens next, but let's face it, this is not especially good television. What is going on with the state of sci fi at the moment. It's like the writers have run out of ideas.

Yaspaa

[36]Nov 12, 2011
    Summer 2012.

skyfisk

[37]Nov 24, 2011
    • level: 3
    I'm quite shocked at how many ppl didn't like this. I found it to be a walking dead with more action. Meaning what I wished walking dead was! Give more zombie encounters in the walking dead! This show has tons of suspense at all times!