Falling Skies Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on TNTIn Season

So did Falling Skies get better after its first two series premiere episodes?

antdude

[1]Jun 27, 2011
    • level: 27
    I didn't watch or record last night's episode since the first two weren't good. Did it get better? I see rating is a little higher, but way less people's votes. Also, is this a miniseries?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

VConn

[2]Jun 28, 2011
    • level: 17

No idea what the official ratings for Prisoner Of War were but it is bound to be high, The 2 hour premiere had I think it was over 7 million so the show obviously has alot going for it. And no it isn't a mini series, It has 10 episodes this season and hopefully TNT will pick it up for a second season any day now!

Edited on 06/27/2011 11:11pm

antdude

[3]Jun 28, 2011
    VConn wrote:

No idea what the official ratings for Prisoner Of War were but it is bound to be high, The 2 hour premiere had I think it was over 7 million so the show obviously has alot going for it. And no it isn't a mini series, It has 10 episodes this season and hopefully TNT will pick it up for a second season any day now!

Thanks. The rating score: http://www.tv.com/falling-skies/prisoner-of-war/episode/1385458/summary.html ...

jagh55

[4]Jul 1, 2011
    • level: 6
    IMO, it got much better and even more interesting. You should give it another try! =]

Cantankerous

[5]Jul 2, 2011
    Could not even finish the 2 hour episode it was hideous!! Bad writing sappy acting just So bad!

danharr

[6]Jul 2, 2011
    • level: 45

It was okay but the show is not great or jaw dropping just BAU scifi.

tryptz

[7]Jul 3, 2011
    • level: 13

The trailer sucked from the start,even invoking StevenSpielberg'sname is not gonna save this show. And thrusting the children angle at every corner.....big mistake. I havent been able to watch any episode to the end cause of the lame cringe-worthy writing and acting.

TylerA46

[8]Jul 4, 2011
    • level: 11

I's good, but they should put a lot more into the episodes. Nothing is happening. They always decide to do something the next time, never now. I also don't care about their feelings, which is 4/5 of the episodes. They also left a pickup truck at the bike shop, they could have packed up 3 bikes on it or the harnest kids and their weapons.

antdude

[9]Jul 4, 2011
    Ah, I guess I won't bother after the first two. I will wait to see if it gets any better which I doubt.

honorablechoice

[10]Jul 5, 2011
    • level: 3
    I was expecting more from a show involved with spielberg.. It reminds me of shows that use to air around 1998-2002 .. Kinda lacking in the realism.. And the base of the story is kinda dumn as well.. Acting.. Well.. There isn't any.. Sorry fokes, don't mean to insult your work but.. Yeah.. Nothing special.

Jemadari

[11]Jul 5, 2011
    • level: 12
    honorablechoice wrote:
    I was expecting more from a show involved with spielberg.. It reminds me of shows that use to air around 1998-2002 .. Kinda lacking in the realism.. And the base of the story is kinda dumn as well.. Acting.. Well.. There isn't any.. Sorry fokes, don't mean to insult your work but.. Yeah.. Nothing special.

This right here

mermayd

[12]Jul 5, 2011
    • level: 19
    I'm finding it's the details which annoy me. Like the Doctor's hair - they're at war having been invaded by aliens yet she has time to do his hair in a fancy style.

And how does she manage to have a clean white t-shirt.

And whoever it was that said this show would have worked in the 70s but not now when we have access to modern technology is right. It's all very low tech.

Typical spielberg.

Jolebo

[13]Jul 5, 2011
    • level: 5

No.

The writing is very poor, the plotting is extremely lazy, and there is too much schmaltzy dialog between characters we don't care about.

If they had shown part of the initial alien attack we might have had some connection with the characters, but it's had to feel any empathy with people who do such stupid things...The boy who leapt out of cover to call to his dog, the father who, er, leapt out of cover to call to his son, or the way they leave the kid they had just saved from the aliens alone in the same room as the captured alien! Oh come on!!!

This show will not get another series unless they change the writing team.

skajkingdom

[14]Jul 5, 2011
    • level: 5
    They cancel shows like Journeyman, The Event, FlashForward, etc. and then bring us this drivel?! Oh for crying out loud ...

kanniballl

[15]Jul 6, 2011
    • level: 18

skajkingdom wrote:
    They cancel shows like Journeyman, The Event, FlashForward, etc. and then bring us this drivel?! Oh for crying out loud ...

To be fair, NETWORK stations cancelled the above. This is on a cable station, and I don't even think the parent companies between TNT and the ones that cancelled the above overlap that much.

That complaint is only ever really valid when a network/station cancels one show and then a year or two later releases a sub-par show in it's place.

Meanwhile I loved Journeyman and Flash Forward and was annoyed when they were cancelled. The Event was... OK, not great but alright.

Edited on 07/06/2011 5:48am

rrhoen

[16]Jul 6, 2011
    Honestly, this show has nothing you haven't seen done before and probably done better. I can't believe how bad the plot is.

The one thing I find enjoyable about this show is that it reminds me about much better shows I've seen in the past.

Oh yeah Spielberg, please stop with all the nazi references. Actual monsters instead of bad people, I get it. But that Hitler jugend" stuff is just lame.

JeroenWierda

[17]Jul 25, 2011
    • level: 2
    I thought the first two episodes were disappointing, but it went from bad to even worse after that. There is absolutely nothing even remotely believable about this being set in a post apocalyptic world... nothing. It looks like the 'survivors' are on disney camp, having fun and ample time to discuss useless crap. And the over focusing on children puts me off even more.

You don't even have to look far in the past to see what civilization becomes like after a relatively (compared to total apocalypse) small disaster... New Orleans after Katrina. Just stretch that towards total apocalypse and mayhem where at least 80% of civilization is killed off by aliens, where you have no more law and order. Honestly... who would ever act like happy go merry Disney families after such ordeal. Steven, we do not live in Disneyland!

I've always been a fan of Spielberg, but this show really (really) ticked me off. I was looking forward to his other upcoming series 'Terra Nova', but sadly i had to lower my expectations

haldrey

[18]Jul 25, 2011
    • level: 22
    I was a bit disappointed at first waiting for Alien invasion and fighting. Now it is getting more interesting since I realize that the show is more about the human reaction and interaction in a given scenario.

Nordan123

[20]Jul 28, 2011

haldrey wrote:
    I was a bit disappointed at first waiting for Alien invasion and fighting. Now it is getting more interesting since I realize that the show is more about the human reaction and interaction in a given scenario.

My problem is we didn't get to see the different people's losses during the invasion and that makes it difficult to connect to their pain.I wouldn't be bothered if Tom (Wyle) got a bullet in the head in the next episode,that's how little they've made the main character mean to me.

And what about Karen,already forgotten it seems.No mention of her for several episodes.