Falling Skies

Grace

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Jul 03, 2011 on TNT

6.9
  • needs more alien psychology

less praying

The scenes where they try to figure out how to connect with the alien were great, but the rest of the episode was farily boring.
  • Grace

Grace was a superb episode of Falling Skies and I really enjoyed watching this episode because the captured alien and others had lots of screen time and the resistance learned a lot more about the invaders this episode. With shows like this it is important to give enough screen time and information about the Aliens to keep viewers interested and this series has done that so far. If only V had shown the visitors true form more often! The characters are typical yet the actors still manage to make them endearing. There was some action, drama, intrigue, revelation, and character development in this episode. Pope is an interesting character whom I hope to see more of. I can't wait to learn more about the Aliens. I look forward to watching the next episode of Falling Skies!!!!!!!
  • Another good episode

The main point of this episode was the team gathering more resources for the 2nd Mass specifically motorcycles which have proven useful in avoiding those nasty alien bug things. This episode also saw a temporary reprieve from OPERATION: RESCUE BEN though not by choice I would imagine for Tom and Hal at least

After being in lockup since his capture Pope was finally allowed out and led Tom and his team to an old garage where they found several motorcycles and also had to contend with Skitters and some harnessed teenagers which raised a big moral question - While as people the survivors of this invasion might have to kill but at what point do you draw the line, Tom drew that line by refusing to shoot the harnessed children despite the fact that their lives were in danger, It also showed us how truly evil the aliens are they must know that most people would have trouble shooting at or attacking kids even if those kids are shooting and attacking them.

Not surprisingly Pope abused Tom's trust and whacked Dai over the head before doing a runner though he did manage to slaughter some Skitters on his way out even though that did lead to the above shotting kids thing. Given that Colin Cunningham is listed as a series regular it should be interesting to see what makes him come back and how the others respond to him when he does. How people cope with the invasion also was raised in this episode with people like Anne and Weaver choosing to focus on their jobs and Lourdes going with her religion which may benefit her but seemed to irk some of the other characters and some of the fans should be interesting to see if she gets more\less religious as the show goes on.

Overall another good episode that blended SFX with real human emotion stories. This show just keeps getting better and better. Can't wait to see more.
  • Grace...

For a show about aliens, Falling Skies had, up until this week, managed to keep from relying too heavily on it's Earth invaders for a story. "Grace", however, was essentially the equivalent of a mythology episode for a show with a deeper backstory - filling in one of the blanks as to the hows and whys of the alien way. With Mike's son appearing to be recovering nicely from his harness-ectomy, the science team of the second Mass. get hard to work on trying to figure out what makes their captive alien tick. Whilst Dr. Glass tries a mild mannered approach, Dr. Harris - certain that they are little more than animals - treats their captive with hostility. With no real communication coming from the Skitter, we follow Tom's team on yet another mission - this time, getting transport. After Pope informs the members of the second Mass. of a motorcycle shop off the beaten path that may not have been hit by the invaders, Weaver sends Tom, Pope and the rest of his unit to see what might be left and bring it back to the base. On their travels, the team comes across a group of Skitters sleeping, but when they realize that they are surrounded by enemy forces, skip the opportunity to attack - instead opting to stealthily make their way through. Sure enough, when they reach their destination, there are several bikes to be taken by the troops, but the lack of gas slows them down.

As the team searches for fuel, Pope takes the opportunity to cold-cock Dai and escape on one of the only functioning bikes. Heading back to the place that the group came across the sleeping foes, Pope blows them up with an improvised bomb and presumably escapes, whilst Tom and his team are surrounded by harnessed kids with assault rifles. As the children are seemingly under the control of an alien, the team opts not to fight their fellow humans but instead escape without harming them. Creating a distraction, half of the team escapes whilst Tom helps Dai - wounded in the initial blaze of gunfire from the children - onto a bike before they are encountered by the alien in command. After Dai kills it, the children all stand down their weapons, confirming Tom's suspicions that the aliens control the children somehow. Back at base the suspicion is also confirmed when the psychic link between the Skitter and Mike's son comes to fruition. Forcing him to wake and re-attach his harness, the Skitter tries to free itself using Mike's son, but when Dr. Glass figures out what is going on, it is stopped before it can escape. Instead, communicating through Mike's son, the Skitter demands to either be released or killed, as there will be some form of consequences for it from the other aliens if it remains a captive of the humans. The episode ends with the returned team, Dr. Glass and Weaver all joining Lourdes - the only one of the second Mass. still displaying faith in god - in thanking god for their food - a parting gift from Pope.

"Grace" was perfectly acceptable television, but probably the weakest of the four episodes of Falling Skies thus far. When it comes to fleshing out a major plot point involving the aliens and how they communicate, you really need to get it right, and whilst again, it was perfectly acceptable, I didn't find myself anxious to see where they were going with it. For some reason the execution just didn't quite grip me and in reflection, I think the episode could have portrayed the same information in a far more dramatic way, focussing more on Tom's mission than the scientists. I'd also argue that it took far too long to get to the point, given how last week's episode ended, but when it comes down to it, Falling Skies is still going pretty strong.
  • The plot in this episode was surprisingly interesting and I hope that the rest of the episodes that air are exactly like this episode except they should have a lot of sci-fi action

Well, I'm disappointed how the past episodes of "Falling Skies" have been so far except for the episode that started out this show which was "Live and Learn". We still ain't getting the action-packed sci-fi action that all of the fans want to see but I actually thought that the story was interesting. We only got some good and decent sci-fi action towards the end of the episode but the plot in this episode was handled pretty well. I think as long as this show at least has an interesting plot then it would be okay but I still want to see tons of sci-fi action in this show because that is what I watched this show for and I want entertainment when I watch new episodes of "Falling Skies" every Sunday night on TNT. I am mostly impressed with the plot about Dr. Harris and Anne making a discovery about the aliens' intelligence... that plot seemed to really interest me the most. The message that "the girl who was giving grace" said about how lucky they are and they are blessed was a good message. Anyways, "Falling Skies" is getting weaker but I hope these next episodes actually get alot of sci-fi action. This episode and "Live and Learn" are the only good episodes I've seen so far. My score was a just a little low because there were a few boring parts. Overall, a superb episode of "Falling Skies". 9/10