Falling Skies

Mind Wars

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Jul 20, 2014 on TNT

• obvious twist

It still seems as if the Lexi story is written by someone other than the other plotlines. And the twist of who the Espheni at the Lexi camp is was kind of obvious from the beginning. The alien DNA of Lexi has to come from somewhere and why else introduce this particular Espheni. I think Anne kind of underwent a character transplant. She was the one in the first series who wanted to treat the captured alien with decency and tried to communicate with him and was against the other doctor torturing him. And here she only acts out of rage and doesn't think at all. Why is it so difficult for to accept that there could be rebel Espheni when she got used to rebel scitters? What is she hoping to accomplish with torturing him when he seems perfectly happy to speak with her without it ( yes, a bit cryptically, but she could show a bit of patience). And after she has seen that torturing the E hurts Ben, how can she then say to Lexi that she can't promise not to hurt the E anymore? It just doesn't make sense that she would be prepared to hurt Ben only for the sake of hurting the E.

Nice scene where it seems that Maggie and Ben come a bit closer. Has Maggie actually broken up with Hal, after their talk about with their wishes for their future are. She certainly doesn't seem to think about him at all.

I like the Hal subplot with an innovative way to take down a mech. There was nice cooperation between all the parties.

And the best part was the Tom gets captured plot. You find out a bit more what the E are doing with the humans and see what effect it has on the character and actions of them ( and wasn't that Aaron Douglas from Battlestar Galactica as one of the brothers?). Great how Tom worked with only his words in convincing the one brother that what he was doing was wrong. You see the power of the word instead of the gun. We see Weaver's sadness at what happened to his daughter and we see that the war hasn't stripped the humanity from Matt, as he can't pull the trigger to kill a man ( or a rabbit).

It great how this plot shows us a whole range of reactions of humans on how to cope with life after an alien invasion.