Falling Skies

Sunday 10:00 PM on TNT Premiered Jun 19, 2011 In Season

VConn

Falling Skies Fan Reviews (111)

• If Only There Was A Way..

Let's have half the family go off and find a machine to help dig the rubble; then the other half can stay home and explore how fun it is to have super-strength by jumping off of buildings. Hey, wait....
  • Nazi-style camp?!! Really??

They must've been getting really desperate for storylines if they had to resort to Nazi-style re-education camps. They even had an arian youth with 1940s style haircut to really sell it!! If that is the extent of the writing talent on this show, they need to wrap it up at the end of this series before they end up jumping the shark!!
  • Can i cheer for the Skitters?

3.5
    +++SPOILERS AHEAD (not that it means much with this show)+++

Every week, I am hoping that another character bites it. Hopefully, by the end of the season, rolling into season 5, everyone has moved to Brazil, or they are eradicated like cockroaches. But even like cockroaches, some will seem to survive...

I wait every week for each character to get in the most impossible situation, only to figure out a way to persevere. Unlikeable characters drive this whole show (Matt, Anne, Lexi, Maggie, Sara-Sorvino's character- and Pope). Annes's tough mom persona is unbelieveable and nauseating. Sacrificing everything for her 1 year old Espheni baby? Please. My hope is that Lexi and Anne both go up in a fiery ball, just so a third of the bad acting removes itself from the show. Rapist/cook/militant Pope and his equally annoying girlfriend Sara need to be squished under a mech's heel while they make out by the river. Is is possible to care less for a cast, but still tune in every week? Yes, just in the hope that each one is written off, one by one. Then killing off some of the characters that you kind of care for (Tektor, Doc Kader), is like rubbing salt in a wound. Most likely they will kill off Cochise, solidifiying the writer's/Speilberg's bad decision-making. It's like watching Transformers, but worse(?)

I see that they are trying to tie into what GoT and Walking Dead do successfully every season, but they should not flatter themselves. This is not even in the same hemisphere as those shows.

I can't even call it a trainwreck, because there is a fascination to seeing that. This is like watching a drunk throwing up. It catches your eye when in happens, but when you realize what is going on, you need to look away. Well, I haven't looked away yet. Shame on me.
  • Get some writers!

The storyline has lost all direction and the characters are going nowhere - they've even nerfed Pope now. Let's get on with getting Ben and Maggie together - that should at least create a little energy.

I'll probably stick with it now that I know it's ending - otherwise I'd be ready to drop it like I have Royal Pains, Perception, Dallas et al...

Edit 7Aug2014> s04e07 - how mindlessly absurd can you get? The aliens can travel interstellar space at faster-than-light speed, but blowing up a bridge prevents them from crossing a river?

Oh wait, I think I remember a Star Trek episode like that. They beamed down to chase some bad guys, but the bad guys ran across a bridge, burned it behind them, and stood laughin and thumbing their noses at Kirk's crew. Kirk says "Well, they outsmarted us. Spock - head upriver to find another bridge. Sulu - you head downriver. Whoever finds one, light a fire and we'll head toward the smoke. Uhura and I will be over in those trees hunting, uh, mushrooms.

Spock: "Good plan Captain, but unfortunately I forgot to bring matches with me.

Kirk to Scotty: "Might as well beam us back up - let's get back together in Shuttle Bay 2 at 0800 to try to think of some other way to get to the other side of that river...
  • Why is what I ask

1.5
    Why do I watch this crap? I used to love it but it has turned to stupidity. I almost bit myself last night out of boredom. Get rid of the stupid blonde girl and get back to fighting Skitters.
  • Why a fifth season? WHY???

This show is so dead. The end of third season was so stupid (No, we won't go to a safe place in Brazil, after all we have suffered we want more dead, we want to be tracked by the aliens until we die!) that the writers are now stuck into a full nonsense and dull storyline. And the fifth season has been ordered nevertheless.

At least, Under the Dome is awful, but it's fun. here, each episode is like a shot of tranquilizer.
  • It's pretty good

I loved the first two seasons of this show, I still like the show but thats after realizing that you need to watch it with an open mind. A lot of crazy stuff happens (ex. Tom walking from Boston to South Carolina in a couple days) but if you just enjoy it for what it is, Its really good: )
  • 2nd Watch

Next paragraph cross posted from the Wil Wheaton show:

For 2 years, Wheaton was the MC for the Falling Skies supplemental webshow "2nd Watch". This season of Falling Skies, there is no more "2nd Watch" show. TNT really dropped the ball on its show. But even stranger still, Wheaton has mentioned just about every new Scifi show on this summer *except* Falling Skies! He even mentioned other shows on TNT like "The Last Ship". But no Falling Skies. Does anyone know what's up with that??? How come Skies is being 100% snubbed on Wheaton's show??? This seems very bizarre to me!!l

(Does anyone know of there is any internet-based supplements to the show???)
  • FALLEN Skies !

This was our favorite, favorite show! Season 3 got a little slow but we stuck with it. Now they have thrown every cliche in the TV-world into the plot. BORING! Too many stupid plot lines going nowhere, fast. Nazis, really?? Platinum blonde airhead being worshipped?? Last night - Weaver's daughter in a spandex lizard suit?? Or was she charred pizza? Loved Mira Sorvino - she was a breath of fresh air - alive! The scene with her and Pope was like old times. Everything bad is not the fault of any actor (except blondie), however - the dialogue has gotten so dumb we can barely stand to listen. We are grieving the loss. Some of the most intelligent, well-read people we know - who don't even enjoy Sci-Fi - were loving this show. You all blew it! We're done.
  • Revealed at Last!

ViolinNuBreakYu ("Stupid movie" review below) is clearly one of the dialog writers for this show! The rest of my remarks are in the Comments section after MaryAnn's excellent review.
  • current season

falling Skies has been my favorite show from the first episode of the first season. After this seasons slow start I am hoping the rest of the season gets better with some action. I have had a hard time watching the episodes because the show has just dragged on and on.. Every episode so far I have waited for the action to start but it just doesn't ever get there. If they had to start this season off with resetting up the plot maybe they should have crammed some of the slower parts into a 2 hour episode so we would not be so disappointed and possibly stop watching. But the end of tonight's show finally gives you hope that maybe it will get back to getting and keeping our attention for the full hour! Lets wait and see because I am getting tired of the show jumping all over the place!
  • i like it

don't pay attention to these bad reviews. if you like sci fi and aliens there is nothing better on tv.
  • Stupid movie

2.5
    This movie is a cat from the Walking Dead, instead of the zombies, it's a whole bunch of stupid Hollywood details of the sense is so blame copy. Trash movie and waist my time.
  • Shit has hit the fan.

The 1st 2 seasons were way better, season 3 was tolerable but it went south as it progressed. But this season is appalling.
  • Horrible

1.5
    The New Casts are nonsense. Seriously. The show had captivated me for a few seasons but Season 4 is atrocious.
  • Time for some new writers

After about 3 seasons a shows writing staff needs to be changed. Nowhere is this more evident than in this seasons "Falling Skies". I mean really, a Nazi style school for children, complete with the teenage commander who is even wearing Hitler's hair style??? C'mon you couldn't think of anything better than THAT? And you mean to tell me that with the multitude of storylines that could've been developed for Lexie, you decided to go with "She turns into a hot Blonde white chick, with special powers and a cult following" REALLY??? This whole season so far is complete crap. Change the writing staff or continue to lose your audience, unless 3 seasons was all you were hoping for.
  • hodge podge

could not understand or follow any thing they were doing. There's a reason they film this show at night. Enjoyed the 1st 3 seasons. don't think I'll be back
  • A how-to on taking a great cast and series into the toilet

2.5
    S4 opening was mind bogglingly bad.

A fantastic cast. I had such high hopes for the show. Each season showed potential, and was good enough to keep me watching (despite the foolish under use of Jessy Schram) because of the cast.

This was a total failure. It isn't worth the time it would take to tear it apart. Squandering potentially good scifi is unforgivable.
  • Falling from the skies of crap.

I love sci-fi and watch all the series in the genre. It's a shame that, once again, an intriguing premise is so poorly done. But l kept watching it for 3 seasons,

in the hope that it could improve. But this first episode of season 4 was utterly bad.
  • Unbelievable.

I managed (whitout any effort at all) to get my filthy hands on the first ep of season four before it aired, so unless you've seen this there will be spoliers.

I really, REALLY hope everything in this ep is a mindfrack conducted by the fish-heads on our "heroes".

If not, please put this sorry excuse of a sci-fi series out of it's misery.

A few minutes in most of our merry band of freedomfighters find themselves captured and some of them (the elders) are put into a camp surrounded by an aproximatly 4m high energyfence. In an effort to escape some of them come up with the amazingly stupid idea to try to overload the fence. The first thing I thought of was a tunnel. Or getting over it using the very solid posts angeling the fence around the camp. But noooooo... Lets go for a "simple" overload.

Others (the teens) somehow find themselves in "Chinatown" untouched by the war. In here a cult surrounding Tom and Annes half-alien child rules and miracles happen. A mech made it in there and was struck by lightning disableing it just when it was kneeling in front of an alter..... How lucky the aliens thought about everything including a shot of a .50 cal between the lenses, but not a universal common thing like a bolt of electricity.

Another part of them (the kids) ends up in a hitlerjugendisch school where they are forced to repeat how good the aliens are for everyone.... At this point I started to skip ahead to see if anything even remotly interesting was going to happen.

It didnt.

And I almost forgot about those not captured. Led by Anne they somehow find out the aliens are making a shipment. For some reason they think it contains weapons captured by the aliens. They come up with a "cunning" plan to blow up a bridge to stop the truck (Why a truck? They've got frickin spaceships!). The problem is this: They plan to blow the bridge 100 yards before the truck reaches it and hijack it. They plan to do this from the OTHER side of the bridge the truck is coming from....

There is so much potential in this series. The production is well made, the actors good, but the writing lacks ANY imagination.

This is how it should be made: Lets try a tunnel under the energyfence. It extends down making that a nonoption. Lets try going over it using a simple plank. Nope, sentries on the outside pops up shooting making that another nonoption. NOW we try overloading the fence and hope the sentries goes down with it....

How frickin' hard can it be?
  • People still watch this?

I have to say, though I don't think there's anything particularly bad about Falling Skies (I watched the first 2 seasons and managed about half of the 3rd. I also think there are some grrreat actors in the cast), I find it quite astounding that this remains popular, yet seems to get more and more boring by every episode. I literally found it too tedious to watch the last few episodes of season 3 and gave up on it, fully expecting it to be dropped by whatever network was showing it.

I'm actually really surprised to see it still here... especially when one considers and compares it to the shows that have been killed off over the period through which Falling Skies has existed. I actually found 'Flash Forward" more enjoyable (and certainly more original) than this by the time the third season's first few episodes had aired!

Anyway, I SHAN'T be returning to the fold. Big name producers may be able to keep shows on TV when similar (often higher quality) ones are being dropped, but they still can't make me watch them!
  • Love the show, but enough Noah Wyle!

I know Wyle is a co-producer, but his omnipresence is grating. Try finishing your drink ONLY when Wyle is OFF screen during an episode ... good luck! As another small example, in "Pickett's Line", while everyone else stays meekly lined up against the wall, only Wyle turns around (face time!) and barks out something courageous.
  • Will Patton (Weaver) branching out

I was surprised when I started listening to the audio book of Stephen King's 'Doctor Sleep' and realized that Will Patton was the narrator. On the show he has a little bit of a mush mouth with a whistle, although I do like him and his character. I was wondering if that would become annoying.

Turns out he has been a great 'reader' of King's novel. He does a great job of handling all the characters from children to adults, as well as females. I was impressed with both the book and his narration.
  • american tv

all american sci fi tv programs are the same. how easy is it to be a writer. season one you fight the enemy season two alsways against humans season 3 a combination of both. walking dead went same way, jericho, 4400, loads more i cant remeber right now but all the same
  • Spielberg is a genius...

but he did way better with Taken.
  • Can't wait!

This show is amazing!! It made it into my top 5 :P

Can't wait for Season 4!
  • I'll wait...

For now I gave it a now! Not that fascinating! We'll see!
  • A Question or Two!!!

First of all I love this series, it is about time that a show like this has come around, now past its 3rd season in the US I think we can all agree it has cemented itself into the Sci-fi history books. The Ideas, the concept and the budget have really provided a truly brilliant series.

However I do have a few questions;

1. What has happened to the promise left to us all from season 2 episode 3 (compass), where a visitor from Charleston said that they were working on a plan to try and forge a United Global Command. Involving the women in the old by-plane flying from the US Via Greenland, then Iceland, and finally hitting either the UK or continental Europe, along with establishing short wave links so humanity can try to unite to fight once again?

i ) This whole point of a United world command is to ensure that humanity as a whole or what is left of it can fight.

ii )Whilst the journey to what is left of Europe may not be possible the promise was kind off implied that the fight for earth would not just happen state side

iii ) There has been no evidence of com's with any other part of the world, even during Season 3

2. When are persons / Groups and so on from other parts of the planet going to be brought in to the show, after all the premise of the show is that we are in it for the species people?

i ) This show is popular over seas in some countries pulling in quite large numbers, even Star Trek and Stargate to name just two highly popular global sci-fi success stories had international representation, all be it that those two shows were a completely different format than Falling Skies.

ii ) Perhaps we may see evidence of a "in it for the species" story line in season 4 involving other peoples and countries other than American's, this maybe sci-fi but a reality check people?

3. Can we please move away from the teenage love story line's, yes it is good to see such in a post-apocalyptic war scenario, but their has been far to much of it, as like me I am a full grown adult and like so many of viewers enough already?

i ) Teenage relationship's V's Adult issue's for adult viewers!

4, When are we going to see an end to the notion of a President who leads the military, aka civilian leadership and oversight of the military (what's left), I know it goes very much against the whole Ideal of the "one nation indivisible" but come on please, the people left after invasion would more likely to vote in Town, city, regional presidents. As the idea of nationhood would be dead until the war was ended and those presidents would more likely hold the title General, above any political title as in the set up seen in the Sci-fi series Revolution which also has issues I have to say.

Anyway thanks guys and girls, keep up the great work just listen to the international fans, not just your US one's please, can't wait for season 4. :)

• The Next Season.

When is the new season scheduled to start?That piece of info seems to have escaped the producers.

• Weak season that finished with a whimper

Not sure I'm coming back next season to watch more boring or just nonsensical storylines. Like they are walking out of boston and next thing you know they are loading up cars and trucks. Where'd they get those? Where do they get gas? Where did they get the train anyway? They didn't show the Chicago battle (budget cuts?) and I didn't even know why they were in the train anyway.

This season finished with no drama to bring anyone back. Used to be a fan....

. Where did they get the boat and how did they put the big laser thingy on it?

TNT