Falling Skies

Shall We Gather at the River

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Jun 17, 2012 on TNT

• Part 2 of the 2-Part Season 2 Premiere wasn't as good as Part 1 but it's still great

Tom is haunted by his time with his aliens; Pope plants seeds of doubt; Ben's hatred for skitters grows. It's Part 2 of the 2-Part Season 2 Premiere and it wasn't as good as Part 1 of the premiere but I still liked it. I'm kinda disappointed in this episode but it could've been a whole LOT worse if it wanted to so I'm glad that it's enjoyable. Part 2 was interesting and it's got good character development and SO FAR I'm enjoying the character development in this season more than in Season 1 and it doesn't really bore me that much. My score is a little low because the episode at times can be a pretty boring and a little slow plus it didn't have as much action. There was a lot of action and intense moments in the last 15 minutes though, I can say that and that's probably my favorite part of the episode. There's some more action scenes just mainly somewhere near the beginning there was a little more action. Tom running from the aliens and the bridge exploding was intense and cool to watch. The last 15 minutes definitely have me at the edge of my couch (you know, because I'm watching this episode in the living room on the couch drinking root beer, eating pizza, and all that good stuff LOL). The scene where Dr. Glass took out that very tiny alien thing out of Tom's eye was a little gross and kinda disturbing to see and Tom passing out when he was almost going to hurt Hal (Drew Roy) was kinda scary and surprising too. Part 2 is strong on character development and dialogue but kinda low on action and not enough depth in my opinion but as a whole it was great and it does make me look forward to the next episode Next Sunday night. Overall, Part 2 is not as good as Part 1 for the Season 2 Premiere but it's great to watch and hopefully, as Season 2 goes on, it will be a better season than Season 1. 8.5/10