Falling Skies

Silent Kill

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Jul 10, 2011 on TNT

• Just when I thought it couldn't get any better!

They go and give us this piece of brilliance.

The search for and rescue of Ben was really stepped up in this episode and Hal took center stage in the plan to rescue his brother which allowed Drew Roy to show just how good of an actor he really is.

In a show that could easily have died under the expectation of Special Effects this episode highlighted the human factor of the series with practically NO special effects needed anywhere in the episode and the humanity of the characters was explored and displayed in this episode better than almost any show I can think of.

The script was excellent as was the acting and perhaps the only thing more surprising than Rick not being dead was that the children are apparently cared for by Skitter versions of nurses\mothers though to be fair once it realized Hal wasn't one of them it turned out to be just as hostile as the rest of the Skitters.

We also got some more insight into Anne and Weaver as both characters had moments where they showed their humanity and reasons for being how they are now and I get the feeling we've only just scratched the surface with all of them.

The best scene of the episode perhaps of the whole series was at the end when Ben sort of woke up from his surgery and found himself surrounded by his brothers and father - That scene was emotional and could easily have been mishandled but Drew Roy, Connor Jessup, Maxim Knight and Noah Wyle handled it superbly and should all be commended for their work in this episode and that scene in particular.

This was easily the best episode so far and I can't wait to see what in store for the last 5 episodes.