We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Fame Forums

(ended 1987)

First Season DVDs Rock!

Robinflamingo

[1]Mar 8, 2006
    • level: 8
    I'm so glad this is FINALLY coming out on DVD. It's been my favorite show for so long, and all my high school students have been raving about a Disney TV movie called "High School Musical". I keep telling them about FAME, and how LAME High School Musical is in comparison. Now they are starting to see and understand.

Go watch FAME. Oh my GOODNESS it's good.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tansydog

[2]Aug 15, 2006
    • level: 4
    Agreed, the DVDs rock!! (even though they somehow managed to mess up the episode listing on the box....)

Has anyone heard anything about whether or not season 2 is going to be released? I keep checking amazon.com hopefully, but nothing

Willowey

[4]Oct 5, 2006
    • level: 1
    Robinflamingo wrote:
    I'm so glad this is FINALLY coming out on DVD. It's been my favorite show for so long, and all my high school students have been raving about a Disney TV movie called "High School Musical". I keep telling them about FAME, and how LAME High School Musical is in comparison. Now they are starting to see and understand.

Go watch FAME. Oh my GOODNESS it's good.

I agree with you on that Fame is an excellent TV show, though I can't compare it with Hight School Musical because I never actually saw it before. I never even heard of Fame before it started airing on Much More Music in Canada in September. I think it's great to have a TV show with musicals numbers and signing and everything. I can't wait until I get it one DVD.

SportiChic

[5]May 12, 2007
    • level: 2

I love this show! Im 17 and in NZ and hadn't heard of it before...3 weeks ago although i knew the song 'Fame' by Irene Cara which was in the film. Anyway my dad rented season 1 box set from the library and im the one who ended up watching the whole thing! I just love the actors and the atmopshere and the singing and dancing is brillianrt. I admire Debbie Allen, she is wow!! 
     I really wanted to see the 2nd n 3rd seasons! Maybe the rest too but i heard that Coco and Doris left after those so maybe i wont b so interested. I saw the film on friday night, my dad bought it but i gotta say i like the actors in the tv series better such as Valerie Landsburg and Erica Gimpel