Family Affair Forums

CBS (ended 1971)

The Davises in Rome

tvking1

[1]Oct 2, 2007
    • level: 42

I could ask this on the To Rome With Love site, but it's a virtual ghost town, which seems to be the case with many of my favorite show sites. Anyway, there was a crossover episode of TRWL in which Jody, Buffy, and Mr. French (I don't know if it included Uncle Bill and Cissy) visited Rome and interacted with the characters of that series. I vaguely remember it from when it aired first run in its last season, which was also the last season for Family Affair (they were both Don Fedderson productions, and TRWL also did a crossover episode with another DF series, My Three Sons). Does anyone know if there was any reference to this visit on Family Affair? If not, I'll wait until season five is released on DVD and see for myself. Thanks.

P.S. This is not to be confused with the season three episode "Ciao, Uncle Bill", in which only Bill was in Rome.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tvking1

[2]Oct 10, 2007
    I forgot. The Family Affair site has become a virtual ghost town too, so it looks like I'll have to wait for the Season Five DVD release.

myscoutster

[3]Nov 4, 2007
    • level: 6
    The Davises never went to Rome together on Family Affair. They did go to Spain and they used the same set to film it as the To Rome With Love set. Anisssa Jones did appear on To Rome With Love in a cross over episode.

tvking1

[4]Nov 5, 2007
    Thank you for responding. I remember, albeit vaguely, seeing the twins and I think Mr. French on TRWL. It was as I remember at an airport where the cast from the two shows met each other, but again it was a long time ago, about 36 years. I do remember seeing both Buffy and Jody, and I assume they were accompanied by Mr. French. I don't remember what the occassion for the visit was. It seems strange that there was no reference to the visit on FA, but that was also the case when the cast of TRWL and My Three Sons met in Rome.

myscoutster

[5]Jan 2, 2008
    • level: 6
    No there is on cross over reference on Family Affair. It was strictly a To Rome With Love episode.