Family Affair

CBS (ended 1971)

maritimer00

Family Affair Fan Reviews (8)

• Bill Davis is enjoying life as a bachelor when his three orphaned neices and nephew are dropped on his doorstep. Bill's adoration for the children is immediately obvious however he doesn't think he would make a good parent.

This show is unique. Situation comedies in the 60's were very comedy based. This show is about love and how family love can help one through difficult times. The endings of the shows are not always happy, infact they often aren't. But Uncle Bill's love for the children is always evident in all episodes. The kids are cute but what I like about the show is how Uncle Bill interacts with the kids. There is a lot more substance to this show compared to other shows of similar type from the same era (e.g. Brady Bunch). The actors were all tremendous. I love they way that Sebastian Cabot reads Winnie the Pooh to the kids, when he had in fact been the narrator in the feature length Disney version. I never got to watch this show as a kid. I have recently started watching the dvds Seasons 1 - 3. Can't wait for Seasons 4 and 5.