Family Business Forums

Showtime (ended 2008)

Rumor? Would you miss it?

TheReverend1

[1]Jan 18, 2006
    • level: 35
    The saddest rumor is that though season four is in the can, ready to go, viewer interest has also gone into the 'can' and the series won't be aired.

I cannot confirm or deny this rumor, but let's see: Would you miss this show?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CobraSVT32

[2]Jan 20, 2006
    • level: 10
    I've been waiting for it to come back on and I can see why people forgot about the show. Showtime doesn't show any reruns anymore and hasn't for well over a year.

brandybug25

[3]Mar 2, 2006
    • level: 2
    I will totally miss it. the reason no body watches it is cause it's on for what 10 episodes then off for nearly a year, people forget.

XandraSkye

[4]Mar 6, 2006
    • level: 8
    A friend of mine recommended this show to me and I have only watched Disc 1 of Season 1 so far but I noticed that Season 3 isn't out on DVD yet and it's been over a year since Season 2 was released. I also checked TVShowsOnDvd.com to see if they had any news and they don't, which is never a good sign.

I wonder if they are dumping this show all together? Both the new season and the season not on DVD yet. That will really suck if I can't see all 3 seasons!

TheReverend1

[5]Mar 13, 2006
    Season 3 should be out on DVD soon, if not already. The inside word I'm getting, which is "JUST RUMOR" is that a problem arose between the 'family' and ST. The newest season is being withheld or suspended.
    Just to let you know, an entire 4th season HAS been filmed and completed. It's in the can - ready to air.

bkl63

[6]Mar 19, 2006
    • level: 2
    Family Business returns to Showtime Friday night April 21, 2006. I know I can't wait.

Enilyks5002

[7]Mar 20, 2006
    • level: 6
    that's great. it's running a little late this year. it usually starts in this month.

CobraSVT32

[8]Mar 24, 2006
    • level: 10
    yes!!!!! i was about to cancel showtime because the only reason I kept it after the trail was for this show! They never show any good movies anymore so they better keep this show around a while longer.

TheReverend1

[9]Mar 28, 2006
    We hope this is true; however, it's not verified. We also understand that the problems that led to the delay are being worked on/nearly ironed out, so airing of the completed 4th season will likely happen. Chances of a 5th season are not so positive We really think that's very sad