Family Business Forums

Showtime (ended 2008)

What a Mess

TheReverend1

[1]Jun 25, 2006
    • level: 35

This season appears to have ended with just 9 episodes overall rather than the usual 10.  The episodes were aired out of order and the 2nd to last episode (which should have been #9) was actually a clip show.

The inside (unidentified source 'rumor') story is that the entire 4th season was delayed because of massive re-shoots and edits that were necessary after (at least) one person was cut out.  Then, problems with powers that be at Showtime and culminating stressors with family members - all indicating that there will be no season 5.

Sadly, this series was reduced to little more than an infomercial this season, advertising everything from radio stations to puppies. Not that fans would mind this, but don't pretend we're stupid and think we won't notice.

It's been difficult to find many fans left this year, not just due to the delay in start time, but the quality of the 'storylines' (commercials). 

QotD    Did you find anything redeeming about this season? Would you be back if it returned next year?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CobraSVT32

[2]Jul 7, 2006
    • level: 10
    yea I'm pissed about how short this season was and since this is the last one that's all we get. I can't believe whats her name left Adam I wonder if that's who was cut out of most of the season.

TheReverend1

[3]Jul 7, 2006
    • level: 35
    She actually appeared in quite a few episodes. I understand that some of the delay was because of this parting of ways, but she wasn't the initial source of the delay. At least that's according to absolutely unofficial sources who have sprung a slow and sometimes cryptic leak to me.

kel_varnsen

[4]Oct 7, 2006
    • level: 3
    There were 10 episodes. You will notice that the June 2, 2006 episode entitled "ASS Time Goes By", which did aired, is missing from the list. Curious that it is also missing from the Showtime episode guide. It features Myrna taking photography lessons, amongst other things.

TheReverend1 wrote:

This season appears to have ended with just 9 episodes overall rather than the usual 10. The episodes were aired out of order and the 2nd to last episode (which should have been #9) was actually a clip show.

The inside (unidentified source 'rumor') story is that the entire 4th season was delayed because of massive re-shoots and edits that were necessary after (at least) one person was cut out. Then, problems with powers that be at Showtime and culminating stressors with family members - all indicating that there will be no season 5.

Sadly, this series was reduced to little more than an infomercial this season, advertising everything from radio stations to puppies. Not that fans would mind this, but don't pretend we're stupid and think we won't notice.

It's been difficult to find many fans left this year, not just due to the delay in start time, but the quality of the 'storylines' (commercials).

QotD Did you find anything redeeming about this season? Would you be back if it returned next year?