Family Feud

ABC (ended 1985)

Family Feud Fan Reviews (151)

• Black vs. White

At first I thought it was just my imagination but after seeing some of the other reviews on here, I realize it's not! Any time I turn the channel and happen by Family Feud, the competition is always between a black family and a white family. How about a little more diversity? This is not moving us forward but perpetuating the us against them mentality that has been around for far too long.
  • Give it More Thought

I understand some of you may think Family Feud has too many sexual connotations, BUT as someone else posted, Steve Harvey is "The Host" He is following the directions as an employee. He doesn't come up with the answers "Americans" chose for answers, he doesn't come up with the questions. He has always been a comedian and has done ALOT to bring back relationship value, not only on his TV show, but his book charity ect.....

Honestly, is there ANY show outside of a religious channel that doesn't show provocative clothing, language and very poor role models. Helllooooo????

I feel our entire society has been screwed up for a long time placing certain celebrities with poor behavior of ALL ages, as front runners for our youth. Between graphic horror movies, lack of ethics, values, there really are few.

I think Steve Harvey is amazing and I don't find him to be racially biased at all. I'm sorry for those of you that feel that way. Racism is something that has been a hot button forever, and still is running wild. He isn't one of them in my opinion. I've seen and experienced it myself. I know what it looks like, feels like.

When I first watched, "Idiot Test" I thought Ben Glieb (sp?) was too sarcastic, but hey, I didn't pick him and he has softened up or I'm just used to it. LOL

If you all think Family Feud is too sexual for your children, block the show on your TV. You have choices.

We all have to look at ourselves first. I have read some of the reviews and I have to shake my head. Question: do you think your wardrobe is always red carpet and EVERYBODY loves it? Is your grammar and choice of language always perfect? Look in the mirror.
  • Harvey's inappropriate comments/innuendos

Mr. Harvey takes every opportunity to imply or directly state how "well endowed" he is. For example, on a recent show he said, "Sometimes when I step out the shower I just stand there (looks down at himself) and go This was following some question about what a woman would want in a prospective husband if she could choose. Other answers were traits like, "Intelligent"; "Handsome"; "Good heart, etc. Of course one contestant (a man) suggested, "Steve, how about a 'big package'?" Here Harvey jumped at the chance: "You and I both know a guy can be ugly up in here but have it all and more down there!", pointing down at his crotch. Then he made the shower remark, although he did look around and say, "I can't believe I'm saying this on TV!" Believe it, Steve, but it's such an undignified thing to say or imply.

There are too many questions on the show today that are related to sex! This content is making it inappropriate for children. Families used to be able to watch this show together and with this content they can't. If they keep this up, Family Feud could end up becoming an "R" rated gameshow and I'm sure nobody wants that. My girlfriend used to be uncomfortable with the idea of being on the show and being kissed by Richard Dawson but these questions make her even more uncomfortable than that thought and I can't say that I don't feel the same way. They've got to start asking practical questions again. Steve Harvey should ask the same kind of questions that Richard Dawson, Ray Combs, Richard Karn and John O'Hurley did. Steve Harvey is a good host, he's funny and I like the way he tells contestants that their answers are good. If the producers think this sex stuff sells, then they are idiots because Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, The Price is Right and many other gameshows don't use this content and look how great they're doing. This sexual stuff has got to stop. Something so private shouldn't be made so public.
  • ADULT entertainment

Oh this is a wonderful game show! You can always count on sexual innuendos and slang for body parts and sexual acts. This is REAL family entertainment! Let's all gather around with our children and listen, with them, to childish innuendos about vibrators, masturbation, homosexuality, anuses, breasts, penises, etc. Last question heard on 8/6/15: What's a word beginning with an 'S' that describes how a woman feels in a negligee: one answer on the board was SLUTTY. Do you want YOUR children or grandchildren watching this garbage at 5 or 5:30? Sure you can turn off the TV but family time should BE family time! We shouldn't have to assume that all 'family' entertainment might really be X-rated entertainment.

Steve Harvey and ABC (?) needs to be held accountable for this garbage. I don't have young children anymore but I cannot IMAGINE sitting down and watching this filthy show with a child. It should not be shown before 10:00 PM. I've lost all respect for Harvey. He and this network should be sued for masquerading as a family show on prime time.

And why is Family Feud so cheap? Why do people go ballistic over 20K which, split 5 ways is only 4K minus taxes??
  • FAMILY SHOW ????????????.... NOT ANY MORE !

Please, please stop it with the sex questions!! We all know the undertone of the questions that are televised and reviewed in our homes. Steve Harvey is a great host, but if he doesn't have any better subject to elaborate on, please, PLEASE get some different questions to use.

I will NOT watch it any more and will let Advertisers my view on this

• Why all the cursing??

I thought Family Feud was a FAMILY show but I guess I'm wrong. I like Steve Harvey but he curses too much when it isn't even called for. He uses damn and hell all the time which isn't a good example to follow if younger kids are watching. Tone it down Steve. I agree with some of the comments that he goes way too far way too long at some of the answers the contestants give. It's like it becomes the "Steve Harvey show". It's too much. I will say though in reference to the comments about white family versus black family- it didn't seem to be a problem when it was almost always white families on the the feud with black families on "now and ....... Steve, cut out all the cursing and ease up on the comedy routines. Remember, it's not about YOU!!
  • Racist Family Feud

I am shocked at how racist this show is. What happened here? I am white and I am being forced to watch black vs. white every single time. How/why would they do this? I thought the whole idea was to be neutral? This is a case of black racism. Steve Harvey WILL have no Mexicans, Asians, or any other minority. Always blacks against whites. This is insensitive and racist. And, everyone on the show must be highly educated, speak perfectly, and no one is fat. What is his problem? How about letting EVERYONE on the show? I LOVE Steve Harvey. He is probably my favorite show host ever. But I am offended at his agenda. He may lose me.
  • Use some common sense.

I recently went to a taping of Family Feud. No one under the age of 16 is allowed for a reason. The same reasoning should be used by parents as to what their children watch on TV. If the language offends you or you feel that your children should not be exposed then don't watch the show. Also, I was there for two complete shows. There were 2 white families, 1 black family and one racially mixed family competing. I would not say that was racist.
  • Biased behavior by Steve Harvey and the producers

First I would like to know why they always have a white family playing a black family. Why not just have the best families play regardless of color. Also, every time a black family looses to a white family Steve Harvey says "I am proud of you", yet when a white family looses to a black family the comment is not made.
  • Question

We're inside a lot lately so we're watching TV a lot. This is on virtually nonstop on GSN. Something is perplexing to me.

Why do some families continually send their dumbest members to the fast money round? I recall one family especially where one member was very clever and always got correct answers, but she was never on the fast money round, while a member who almost never got good answers was.

Do you have to pick your two fast money players beforehand and you're stuck with them even if you advance to the final round 5 times?
  • Show needs some changes

I agree there is way too much sexual inuendo on the show. It is unnecessary. Sometimes I like Steve Harvey but I agree he takes things way too far and I wish his grammar was better. He always says "Both families trying to win theyself a lot of That just bugs me!!! It also bugs me that the shows don't correspond, as in the family who won the night before isn't the one that's on the next night. It seems random which show they'll air. I am losing interest in the show.

• family feud

This has turned into one of the most dirty and perverted 'family' shows there is. You need to find someone with a brain to think of some intelligent fun questions instead of questions where stripper or boobs can be every answer. Or air the show late night when no one cares.
  • NOT a family show...

I remember watching Family Feud with my own family growing up, we even had a game board version we all enjoyed so was excited to see it was still on TV. I sat down to watch with my 6 year old son and was appalled at the answers. Foregoing some of the racial and sexual innuendos that were thankfully over his head, the last straw was when my little guy asks me "what is cocaine?" because that is the answer a family gave to the question "What's something you'd love to have a bag full of?". Wow.
  • What did he just say???

I'm watching the DeZarn family vs. the Kayser family and one of the contestants said "a stick horse" meaning one of those old sticks you would put between your legs and had a horse head on top and you ran around riding it like a horse. He was utterly SHOCKED, dragged it out COMPLETELY and totally embarrassed the poor girl. THEN WHEN ON TO SAY, "MAN, YOUR FAMILY MUST BE THE POOREST FAMILY ON THE BLOCK IF YOUR HAVING THAT TOY!" and lauged.... I'm so confused as to why this man is constantly insulting people. It is cringing and I hate it because I want to watch this show, but not with this man....
  • Dysfunctional Family-Feud

I too am getting sick of a few things and I've been watching for a while now. I can't stand the contestants that scream their answers and I really can't take the 'schtick' with some of the contestants that just have to get their "talent" on TV. I like Steve Harvey and many times I find him hilarious, but I don't like how he drags out a situ. where he is getting laughs. I think once I heard one of the judges actually say "ok, Steve" meaning enough of it now. More than anything, I am weary of his adjusting the men's ties. That drives me nuts. I do not see him being more rude to white people than blacks either. They do need to ask fewer questions leaning toward sexual innuendo and some of the answers up on the board and downright lewd with the euphemisms for condoms, men's private parts, etc. At times, I find he gets a little too into it when someone gives a sexual answer about a woman. Clean it up, Steve!!
  • Not prime time ready

If a white host made the racial cracks that this host does they would be fired, sued, protested against.

Ugly behavior
  • Racial Slur !

It's not only the horrendous sexual references for a "family" show it's what I heard tonight that I find absolutely unacceptable. Out of Steve Harvey's mouth came a racial slur against white people. It was during the Fitzgerald vs Kennedy game on 2/27/15 when the Kennedy family was talking about their name tags and wondering why they were spelled incorrectly with the wrong lettering. Steve Harvey then says" It's because a white person is typing the tags". That comment was uncalled for and very discriminatory. Disgusting! If a white person made reference to a black person inferring that they are ignorant we would hear about it on the news! Check yourself! Your show is going downhill!
  • family feud

whats going on when a contestant uses the word "flab" and is excoriated for it yet the host can call a contestant an "idiot" and get away with it. this country is ..........
  • Family Ghetto Feud

I can't stand to watch Family Feud any longer. Steve Harvey embodies ghetto-speak ("wicha" instead of with you, "dis" and "dat" and ghetto attire with his extra-long suit coats ... reminds me of the ghetto basketball uniforms in college and the NBA now. The black vs. white component of opposing families can't be ignored. It's blatant and unnecessary. It's a totally disgusting show.
  • No longer family friendly!

Tried to watch as a family but couldn't!! So many inappropriate questions and responses.. Many sexual references. Didn't even find it funny..
  • just can't win

I personally think Steve is the most entertaining host of the Feud. In regards to black vs white; yes, they often have a black family verses a white. I don't see a problem in that. They can't win because then if they pair 2 black families or 2 white families on the same show they'll hear grief from the other that 'why did they only have black or why do they only have whites on the show?' No matter what they do, someone is going to find a reason to complain.

All this race bating crap needs to stop. Stop making everything about race and what's 'Politically Correct'. The show is entertaining and that's what the show is meant to be.
  • This is a family show????

Maybe the show should be aired after the kids go to bed. With questions like ' what might a man name his most special (precious?) body part?" .. and other references to sex, kids might decide, "wow, this must be important stuff, I need to see what it's about" - at too young an age.
  • The Wonderful Host

Love Steve and I understand his view on grammar, but since he practically says 'theyselves' on almost every show, I wish he would use the correct form 'themselves'.

• who is behind this junk?

I don't watch tv anymore. But just had to come in and hopefully open some people's eyes. For the very reason that humans digest what They See. Before even this show was A Family Show with kids it was innocent. & Now the dynamic of it changed to "Adult" more like demonic . Crude, filthy, racism, making Evil look Good. & They still have it as "Family"feud. Parents Do Something This Is what They are Teaching Our Kids !
  • Steve Harvey and his giant button!

So for all of you attacking the host, you do know he isn't standing up there with a giant button buzzing white people. Additionally the executive producers of the show call the shots, Harvey is just the talent, and those producers are white. So
  • Black Family vs White Family

What is going on with matching black family vs white family?

I suppose the next step would be to match Muslims vs Christians

or Japanese Family vs Chinese Family

Night after night

How about just family vs family

Whom ever is doing this should cease and decease, enough racial tensions already

Certainly don't need it on a game show PLEASE think about it

• Will Never Watch This Show Again

This show should have been called the Black & White Feud. All my (non-black) friends have stopped watching it. I cannot imagine anyone who isn't black would want to watch this show. Goodbye used-to-be-stimulating show!
  • Needs a name change

It really should be called "Racial Feud" the way it's nearly always a black vs. white show now.
  • Sick of Beong Old

My husband & I watch Family Feud @5:00 pm (our time-Chicago) and the re-runs are run so often, you know the answers & who's going to win. Why can't you make re-runs using the morning show? We have stopped watching FF because we have seen all of the 5:00 pm shows.