Family Feud

Weekdays 5:00 PM on ABC Premiered Jul 12, 1976 In Season

Family Feud Fan Reviews (186)

6.9
  • So many here complain about this show but...

1.5
    You will probably go back to watching it tomorrow. Obviously, this show is out there to appease Black America and a more blatant double standard I cannot think of on tv. ALWAYS at least 1 Black family , have yet to see 2 white families which probability says should happen frequently, and many times another Black family. Latinos and Asians seem to be wholly disregarded which may be the most bizzare quality of this show. Steve Harvey is a conman who has convinced his superiors that this is the way the show should go now. SO MY ADVICE: Stop wathcing this bad television show (more dumbed-down tv) and let it be known why you do not watch it anymore. Yeah, btw, a very vulgar show based on toilet-humor and not much else.
  • Complaint on sexual advertising.

We have watched family feud for a long time and a couple recent commercials for the show are rather disgusting. This show is supposed to be family friendly. However, when you use sexual innuendo to advertise the show, that is stepping over the line that shouldn't be stepped over. (hot and bothered),should never be a catch word for a family friendly show.
  • COMPLAINTS

STEVE HARVEY ALWAYS SAYS LOW TONED TO BLACK FAMILIES THAT LOSE, NOT WHITES EVER, YA'LL MAKE ME PROUD! HE ALSO SAYS TO BLACK FAMILIES ONLY, YA'LL LOOK GOOD ON TV. NOW WHAT KIND OF COMMENTS ARE THOSE IF NOT ONES FOR SURE. IT'S LIKE HE'S SAYING SINCE YA'LL ARE BLACK, GOT ON TV AND SO YOU ARE SMART. HE CAN'T EVEN SAY THE WORD "THAT" CORRECTLY... HE SAYS "DAT". HE COULD MAKE SOME OTHERS PROUD OF HIM IF HE TOOK AN ENGLISH COURSE. THERE ARE SEXUAL ? AND ANSWERS TO KEEP RATINGS UP BUT SAD WHEN A FAMILY CANNOT WATCH "FAMILY" FUED BECAUSE OF IT TOGETHER. STEVE ALSO NEEDS TO STOP WITH THE "FAKE" SOMETHING IS CRACKING HIM UP. I WANT TO BARF.
  • Family Smut

We have watched Family Feud since Richard Dawson was the host. It appears that anymore both the questions and the answers have become sexually charged and very crude. The show airs during prime family time and is unacceptable viewing for families with children, or anyone else who does not find a program with crude sexual innuendos entertaining. Lately, my husband and I have just sat looking at each other dumbfounded at both the questions and the answers that are supposedly survey answers. We find it absurd to think these type of answers were provided by real people and not some show writer feebly attempting to boost your shows ratings. You've lost four people here who won't be watching this total filth anymore.
  • Unaceptable game show host .

I think Steve Harvey should be taken of off the family fued, he has spoiled a fun family show. He only has one thing on his mind nudity & sex, and the way he talks to people and slaps guys around is not acceptable in my mind.
  • Not a word

I love the show and Steve Harvey but Lister is not a word
  • Disappointed

*sigh* not for the you want to be uncomfortable in front of each other. I'm just so disappointed. I was weary(because of the content) about tuning in and my worries were confirmed when the FIRST thing I hear is "what part of a blowup blah blah" the question was absurd and inappropriate or maybe I'm just a prude :( idk this makes me sad.
  • Mediocre, loud, crude show

I used to love watching family feud and enjoyed all the crazy, sometimes surprising, but never indecent responses. It was an entertainment I could watch with co-workers, with friends and with family. Now, it has turned into this crude circus of loud mouthed, rowdy, people spouting off-color, smutty responses. That's when I stopped watching. And it seems that this show now has dedicated itself to mostly African Americans. Why, I don't know. I agree wholeheartedly with John O'Hurley that this show has gone down to the lowest moral ladder. Steve Harvey enjoys his role as the most loud mouth, ungracious host. I hope this show gets cancelled.
  • Why would a women date a chubby man?

What in the world kind of question is this? Why wouldn't a woman date a chubby man or any other kind of man? We try our damnest to teach our children not to bully or body shame others.... what does this teach them? Completely disappointed.
  • Bunch of racist.

This show though funny at times are nothing but a bunch of racist. On that i will explain. I have yet to see any other race more than i see a black or white family. So your going to tell me through out this world there isnt an exciting or energized latin american, indian, pakistani, Hawaiian, Mexican, or any other race that can earn a spot on family feud but. White or black? Who picks these family? Steve Harvey? I bet you he does because the family they pick is family that are well financially or a church going family. Give me a break. I stop watching a while ago as did some of my friends hence you guys are racist.
  • Loud mouth Steve Harvey

We used to watch Family Feud at our club house, there has to be at least 60 of us but Steve Haevey has to yell on top of his lungs we guess to impress the audiance, so as soon as he starts to yell , we change the channel. we are not the only ones complaining about Steves Loud Mouth which there is no reason for that. Your losing people that used to watch the show. Not good for business.
  • Cats learn new tricks

You made a comment "you can't teach a cat Well check this out, cat learns MMA. I can't figure out the link but do a fb video search that says "check out this cats MMA Lol. I guess you can teach a cat new tricks
  • Family fued

One thing I cannot understand on family fued is why the families always play and never pass. I have seen many, many times when the family is yelling PLAY PLAY and then when Steve Harvey asks for their answer they don't have a clue. Years ago when Richard Dawson was emcee many families stratigized and if it was a difficult question they passed it enabling them to only need one answer to win. Been watching Steve Harvey's died and have never seen a question passed.
  • A Place Where White People Are Not Supposed To Win

Seems this show doesn't like white people at all. If Mr Harvey doesn't pick the contestants then the producers that do are the trying to rig the game so that only black people can win. Lately it seems that only the dumbest of whites and smartest of blacks are picked to compete. The focus group that gives the answers to questions is obviously black. It looks like the focus of the show is now totally on sex, violence, or drugs. Steve Harvey is a great comedian, but a game show host with a bias against whites is not his forte. I will not be watching it any more myself, but I am sure this is a hit with the black community and will soon be moving to Black Entertainment Television Network....
  • Family Feud cheapest game show on tv

Five people playing on each side and one team loses. They give a $500 green dot visa card to split by 5 people. Or if you are a winning team 5 times you win one car for 5 persons? Why? So cheap. This game show makes millions for there owners why are you guys so cheap. Family Feud cheapest show on tv.
  • ? Why would a girl date a fat man?

New Question. Why do black women not date older men?

They might be their daddy.

Racism is wrong but so is attacking anyone for being different.
  • Very Disappointed

Isn't prejudice wrong?? That includes black against white or any race against any other race. Why does GSN condone it? Family Feud has become a farce. I loved the old shows with John O'Hurley and wish he were still there. He was personable and funny and treated every family with equal consideration. Steve Harvey can be funny, but the show is often embarrassing to watch with the suggestive language and double entendres. The obvious preference for the black contestants is very wrong. There should be no discrimination on a TV game show or any other show for that matter. I will not watch again. I've always treated everyone with equal treatment, and we should all do that. I miss being able to watch because I love the game. Thankfully, GSN has some of the old Feud reruns on. Plus it had the reruns of some of the old game shows on in the the mornings. I love them and their decency and sincerely hope they continue. I would much rather watch them. In the afternoon I switch channels.
  • Very angry

My husband and I always watch the feud at noon and most of the time enjoy the game! Today I was very angry with Mr Steve Harvey!! Their was a white family and a black family. Of course when it came to the black family he was all over them asking each and everyone of them what they did for a living(go figure). When it was the white family's turn he was very rude never once did he even ask them a damn thing about their careers he only rolled his eyes at their answers!!! WAY TO GO HARVEY! You're nothing but a racist and frankly it was so obvious today it was sickening. No wonder my father dislikes you so much! Shame on you and the producers for letting it happen.
  • Will the real Steve Harvey please come back!

Remember Steve's TV Sitcom "The Steve Harvey Show", where he played of all things, a teacher? We loved him then and wanted to see him go higher; we believed in him. He was handsome and funny and one of us really. He had a gift of personality and a reserved but hilarious manliness. What happened. money and power and fame? The power he is now exercising is the influence of poor ghetto grammar that he is getting paid to put on. He is an educated man, at least he attended college. He represents a scholarship-based fraternity that was founded over 100 years ago; he has children, grandchildren and is a huge role model. Strange that no one is really talking about his tired ghetto act when we know that you have to be intelligent to even be a successful comedian to begin with. WHAT"S REALLY going on? SMH @ People in high places. I'm so disappointed. Maybe I don't count.
  • Murder on the Feud?

Just tuned in to the Feud and the question was "what would a woman find in a house to kill her husband?" Are you kidding me? That's a great question for a family show Harvey! Last episode of your show I will ever watch.
  • What's up Harvey? . . . and more

My husband and I saw a couple of "Feuds" the other night (he is a fan and I have watched it occasionally just to be with him) - and I was SHOCKED at how Steve Harvey was acting! He looked and sounded like he was just going through the motions and deliberately holding in his emotions - a new persona for Steve. For some reason, he did this more in the second half. He actually seemed silently angry, and made a few quick comments that, with body language and facial expressions, sounded as though he was upset that the black families lost in those two episodes. Could that be true? When you consider that the winning group was made up of 5 stunningly beautiful women (with whom he never flirted) it is a true shocker! I have NEVER seen Mr. Harvey acting racially prejudice, never with an insulting, curt and cold demeanor. I couldn't believe my eyes. My husband said he saw nothing. Red Flag: it was much cleaner than usual! Which is my segue to . . .

I was thrilled to hear the moral outrage and boundary-marking of so many who have written of the show's sexual tone and inappropriate questions, comments, flirtations and suggestive ad libs, which was offensive to me. That is why I stopped watching it awhile ago. Has Mr. Harvey felt constrained by this or is there more to it? I really like him as a comedian and wish he would clean it up. But, what about the years of Richard Dawson and his red-faced, alcohol fueled hosting? I was turned off as a child! I also appreciated that people called attention to the playing off of white vs black in the show. The deep-seated racial prejudice in this country is being revealed for what it is: from individual and institutional bias and injustice and unreasonableness - to political messages reminiscent of pre-WWII Germany - to eruptions of long-buried rage, this country may be headed for another civil war of sorts. If that happens, Family Feud may be a mere time capsule of 'how we used to be'. (Sorry for the length guess I waited too long to express it!)

• Clean up your act!

I remember when this show was somewhat entertaining. My son was watching it the other day when I heard a question about naming a place in a hospital where a doctor and nurse could get romantic? Really? What the hell is wrong with you people? Steve Harvey is not a funny guy and if he had any moral backbone he would tell the show's producers that the raunchy crap they are putting out is a turn-off. Shame on all you idiots associated with this show.
  • Christmas Family fued fight

We got this game for Christmas we were playing along great everyone was having fun until we discovered we were playing it wrong. we broke into a full on family feud argument can wait to get the second edition of family feud so we can continue with the tradition.
  • Smith verses Newhart

I truly believe that Smith family should have a chance to come back. The question was something an athlete throws. The Smith family said a punch. But it was wrong. The answer was Fist/Insult. Respectfully, a person can't throw a fist without punch and punch can't be thrown without a fist. They should get a chance to come back. Thanks for listening. Love the show.
  • unfair

5.5
    My husband and I watch Family Feud every weeknight. We were watching the 3pm show today when a family both were to late for the last question and Steve gave both of them more time. He doesn't do that for every family so why them??
  • Military

I was never more disappointed in Steve, there was a family with a FEMALE in uniform (believe it was a Hawaiian family),. Steve ALWAYS thanx the service MEN for their service. When it came to the female in uniform Steve NEVER brought up, thanked or even mentioned the fact that she was in uniform, let alone thank her for her service. Is Steve Harvey a Sovinest Pig? I certainly hope not. If so, I would be sure to let family, friends and anyone who will listen to not watch Family Feud.

Very disappointed in Steve :[
  • Family Feud over-sexualized and dumbed-down

Very disappointed in latest version of this game show. Must EVERYTHING be sexualized to the point that you cannot sit with your kids and watch a game show at 7pm?? The questions are ridiculously sexualized and if that isn't bad enough, the answers appear to be modified and end up so RAUNCHY that I can't believe ANYONE except a few would actually provide those answers. whole show has turned unnecessarily raunchy and been stupidly dumbed down, meaning the questions! Not sure who is in control but producers better go back to the drawing board. I would also think Harvey has some control in this. And I like him, just not with this ridiculous material. So I can decide to turn the channel and that's what I have done!
  • Never have we laughed so hard for so long!

My husband and I, who are in our early 50's, binge watched our taped Family Feud shows from November 2015. We have never laughed, so hard for so long, together and felt the need to express our thanks to Mr. Harvey, the producers, staff, crew, and contestants of the engaging Family Feud.

Cheers! Ann Cairns, Kelowna, BC
  • The Pope Family

This morning I was watching the 1st episode with the Pope Family from Newnan Ga. In this episode they won the game but it was time to go up for the 20,000 they didn't win. The question was to "Name something a baby throws?" When Terri answered ball, the buzzer went off. She then said Rattle which was already up there so they said try again. She then said cup. The number 1 answer was toy. Well she said ball 1st and the buzzer went off as if the answer was already on the board. Her second answer was Rattle which was already up there so shw said Cup. A ball is considered as a toy. Not sure if anybody noticed but I sure did. No offense to Steve because I don't even think he noticed it.
  • family feud show today, january 7, 2016

2.5
    I am ashamed and embarrassed and disgusted at Steve Harvey's response to the question today: What do a 100 year old man and a baby have in common?" a contestant suggested : they both wear diapers. He responded by imitating taking off a diaper on himself. This is too disgusting - perhaps he has not taken care of a parent who is in need of care and wears a diaper - show some respect and compassion Mr. Harvey!!!! And quit with all the sexual comments - this could be a fun, great show but it has gone overboard with the stupid comments and answers both by contestants and Mr. Harvey. I don't care if he doesn't have a choice about the questions - I'm sure he has some sway and he does NOT have to respond so sexually as he so often does! Some say he is a Christian??? in his thought process when it comes to his sexual innuendos and comments!!!