Family Guy

A Very Special Family Guy Freakin' Christmas

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Dec 21, 2001 on FOX

• The Christmas Episode.

For being the first Christmas special of Family Guy(there is only 2 Christmas specials),I liked it and the finale is wonderful to.
  • Christmas review 9: Perfect FG Christmas episode

I thought this was a perfect Christmas episode. It is way better than the other Christmas special (which I will review in a bit). I laughed at Stewie's role in this episode (pretty much everything he's involved), the guys' part, the from/to thing, Brian wearing a jacket, Lois going on a rampage, hitting Frosty, the play, and the last part. Overall a perfect Family Guy Christmas episode. 10/10
  • Christmas Review #28

Lois loves the holiday season and is excited about decorating the house, opening presents and introducing Stewie to Santa Claus. Stewie, on the other hand, is completely paranoid about this fat man in a red suit who can somehow maintain 24-hour surveillance on all the world's children! ''''Peter, sent to drop off one gift to Toys for Toddlers, accidentally gives all the family's presents to the charity. When he and Lois hit the mall to rebuy everything - they are caught up in the last-minute shopping madness. Lois and Peter are completely frazzled, but Lois clings desperately to the hope that they can still have wonderful Christmas. That hope is dashed, however, when they arrive home to find Brian, the house and the Christmas turkey burned to a crisp. Lois finally snaps and goes on quest to snatch the star from atop the city's huge Christmas tree. Only Stewie's motivational speech as the baby jesus (and a tranquilizer gun) can bring Lois back down to earth. This wasn't the best Christmas episode I've seen but I still thought the episode was funny and I really like it. Unlike that Season 9 Christmas episode "Road to the North Pole" (ugh, that episode was awful... well, at least in the last 35 minutes of the 1-hour Christmas episode... the first 25 minutes were the only good parts). Anyways, the only thing that did keep my score a little low was how storyline did seem to lack a little but it was well written for the most part though. Parts that did make me laugh were Peter crushing over that blue car to park his car, the scenes with KISS Saves Santa, Stewie getting Hungry Hungry Hippo, Lois getting tranqulized near the end of the episode, and some more. Overall, a superb Christmas episode of "Family Guy". 9/10
  • Another perfect episode.

one of my favorite episodes of the series

10/10

• mediocre

5.5

what i liked- the conversation peter and brian have about "for/from" and Brian saying he was done and it was just easier to call Peter an idiot, Peter having the cops shoot Lois, who was clearly not mad anymore, Stewie getting the plutonium...

Eh, this was alright. I don't like it a lot. The pacing was kind of weird. If you were describing this episode to a friend, what would you say? Some of the episode is Peter giving the presents away, half of it is the Griffins buying Christmas presents, some of it is Lois going berserk... it's an OK episode but the pacing was pretty weird, I felt. I also did not laugh as much as I would have liked. C- or so seems fair. It's not a terrible episode but it's not one of their better ones.

• Not one of the better ones.

I've seen every Family Guy episode and am obsessed with the show and if yall honestly think this is one of the best episodes you have no idea what you are talking about. There are so many better episodes than this, like most of them. You probably rated it so high because it gave you something else to do after you opened your presents, but if you are a real Family Guy fan this honestly shouldnt even be considered for one of the better ones. If you want to rate the episodes make sure you actually watch the show and dont just flip to one time on Christmas and decide to say that is one of the best episodes.
  • Definitely a personal favorite!

This was an episode that I loved a lot. Firstly, the concept of Stewie Griffin as Baby Jesus is just hilarious and unbelievable, and I coupldn't stop laughing when I heard that!

The storyline to this one was great and interesting and I enjoyed it from start until finish. It really was thoroughly well written, and I hope there is more like this to come in this season.

I thought there were some good funny scenes, but the humour still wasn't at 100% for me, which is my only flaw of this episode.

Overall, I would highly recommend this one, as it has all the features of a classic!
  • Season 3, Episode 16.

Yay! It's a Family Guy Christmas! Mwehehe. Peter obviously screwed up... I hate that the Griffins only have a fireplace in this episode... I loved when Peter had the blueprints and thought that there would be an invisible laser exactly three feet above the floor in the trailer home, and that Brian would have to shrink to the size of an average household sponge. Brian then asks, "Can I buy some pot from you?" ROTFL! I hate all the edits when it is on The CW, though. Nonetheless, good episode. Not the strongest episode, but every episode of FG is enjoyable. :)
  • It was very good, but not as good as some of the others seen this season

7.8
    Family Guy was in a "very freakin' special" Christmas episode tonight. I really enjoyed the storylines, but mainly just Stewie this time. He was acting in a way that all kids around 3-5 would behave, but I found the others to be nothing but lame, in my honest opinion. The positives were the amount of tension provided by both Stewie and Santa-Clause which made this episode somewhat cool. I also enjoyed Lois Griffin and her weird reactions to the destroyed house caused by Brian.

The negatives were the rest. I'm actually being kind about this episode which in my opinion deserved a 7.0/10, but still - good episode. It just needed to be funny like it should have been. Also, most of the characters had lame parts. The "few" scenes with Joe, Cleveland and Quagmire together were pretty memorable.

So yeah, meh, for a Christmas episode it was a bit disappointing.
  • One of my personal favorite Family Guy episodes!!! Just so hilarious in so many ways, and it was very festive in the Christmas spirit.

Lois loves the holiday season and is excited about decorating the house, opening presents and introducing Stewie to Santa Claus. Stewie, on the other hand, is completely paranoid about this fat man in a red suit who can somehow maintain 24-hour surveillance on all the world's children! Peter, sent to drop off one gift to Toys for Toddlers, accidentally gives all the family's presents to the charity. When he and Lois hit the mall to rebuy everything - they are caught up in the last-minute shopping madness. Lois and Peter are completely frazzled, but Lois clings desperately to the hope that they can still have wonderful Christmas. That hope is dashed, however, when they arrive home to find Brian, the house and the Christmas turkey burned to a crisp. Lois finally snaps and goes on quest to snatch the star from atop the city's huge Christmas tree. Only Stewie's motivational speech as the baby jesus (and a tranquilizer gun) can bring Lois back down to earth.
  • lol funny

lol lol lol lol lol i just loved this episode it was so funny the funniest one in the season this is a good funny christmas episode lois and stewie was the funniest ones in this episode lois is the funniest cause there was one part about lois getting mad that there was no paper towels and then she got crazy and the paper towels was rgiht next to meg lol then comes stewie the 2nd funniest guy in the episode he ws funny in the end too so yea i love the episode and i give it a 10/10 this episode is awsome and funny :) lol
  • LOIS: NO PAPER TOWELS!

This episode is in my top 10 and I love the christmas special change that they have from all the other crapholes there are lol. I enjoy Lois' behaviour in this episode for many reasons one she is in serious character development. two she goes really crazy. Three this behaviour is slightly similar to the Lethal Weapons episode. I like at the end with the paper towel thing. That was hilarious and had me on the floor for ages and I like the fake fire extinguisher gag with Peter endangering his family's lives. This is another in my top ten and that's probaply the last time I can say that lol.
  • This episode was one of the funniest ones ever. I laughed through the whole thing.

The whole story is filled with laughs. From the flashback with the three wise men to when Lois goes crazy and tries to destroy the Christmas star, this episode had me laughing so hard I couldn’t breath! Stewie’s part also doesn’t disappoint with the laughs. Its an episode the whole family would enjoy.
  • This episode is an excellent twist to your average Christmas episode!

Strange and excellent at the same time, that's what this episode is! Especially when Peter accidentally sent all the presents to charity. and the part when Stewie suspected Father Christmas of giving him coal. My favourite part was when Louis finally lost control and broke out in Quahog streets and climbed onto the big tree, but then Peter calmed her down.
    The extra part was silly, yet funny! Everyone wishing a Merry Xmas, except Louis coz she was still affected and drained of all her energy.
  • No paper towels!

This is a very sweet Christmas special… not! This is true Family Guy humour with great scenes such as the Kiss Saves Santa movie and Peter’s gag fire extinguisher, his excuse being that he’s the find of guy that would put his family in danger for a laugh.

The only part I didn’t like in this episode was the irrelevant donation house scene with the “sexbox” VCR.

The rest of this Christmas special was great with Stewie and the plutonium and Lois and the tranquilliser and this episode truly makes me feel like I can’t wait until next Christmas.

Peter: Oh yeah? And how do we know when that’s going to be?
  • This episode was so funny I had to go to the emergency room because my lungs shrunk from laughing.

This episode was funny! I don't know why it got the lowest ratings of the series! It was funny, especialy the part with the fake fire extingwisher [ can't spell that well ] and made the fire grow. And the part at the mall and taking back from the poor, hilarious!
  • Very good Christmas episode

This episode was a great Family Guy episode. My favorite storyline was Stewie finding out about Santa Claus. It was also hilarious that Peter had a joke fire extinguisher, and later after Brian had started a fire and made it worse by using it asks, \"Who the hell buys a joke fire extinguisher?\" and Peter responds, \"I\'ll tell you who. A man who cares enough about physical comedy to put his whole family at serious risk. That was great. It also had a sort of sweet ending, where Stewie is \"nice\" so he can get plutonium. Overall, a very good episode!