Family Guy

Amish Guy

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Nov 27, 2011 on FOX

6.7
  • After having a more serious episode last week, Family Guy returns to being funny. The results were good and it stayed right on target with the plot. Now if Seth could do this every week, Family Guy might return to its' roots.

After being told that he was overweight and can't ride the roller coaster, Peter thinks of a way to get on one. He takes his family to Ohio and puts on a girdle. His plan worked and he got ride the roller coaster. The family gets stuck in Amish Country and they spend the night in town. Meg falls in love with Amish local Ezekial but his father doesn't like his son being with outsiders. When Peter fails as usual to make peace with the Amish, he gets his family kicked out. Ezekial hitches a ride with the Griffins because he loves Meg. A war breaks out between Peter and the Amish. Meg and Ezekial stopped the fighting. Ezekial says that it would be best if he goes back with his father but tells Meg he will always remember her.

It was nice to see Meg fall in love and this boy really treated her right. Not like Kevin who made me mad when he called Meg a skank. There were really funny jokes. I loved seeing the Amish rebuild their barn 3 times when Peter keeps blowing it up. The Griffins using horses to pull their car. How the Amish fight, Peter and his girdle, the rice cake gag, smelling the pie and the National Lampoon Vacation referance at the end. I didn't like when the horse did his business on Meg but I'll let that one slide.

But Meg got treated better and was happy that she had a boyfriend for a while. This reminds of me when the Griffins went to South to protect Chris. This episode was just as good.