Family Guy

Be Careful What You Fish For

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Feb 19, 2012 on FOX

5.9
  • Ricky Gervais guest stars in this episode as the dolphin named Billy Fin

When Peter and the guys try to salvage a sunken Mercedes-Benz, Peter half-heartedly promises a favor to a helpful dolphin. Soon the dolphin moves to Quahog, outstays his welcome at Peter's and moves into Cleveland's house across the street. Peter tries to reunite the dolphin with his ex-wife in hopes that he'll return to the ocean, but his plan backfires and the whole dolphin family moves into Cleveland's. I thought that this was a superb episode of "Family Guy". It was much better than last week's episode and it's good to see a very good episode since it has been almost a month or a little over a month since I've seen one. Anyways, I really enjoyed this episode and it was very funny for the most part. I enjoyed that Ricky Gervais guest starred in this episode since he is a funny guy and the storyline was very enjoyable. My score is just a little low because of the Brian/Stewie plot, I really didn't care about that plot too much but my main reason for not liking that plot too much was because of Brian. Brian was once again being a jerk in this episode and I didn't like that. Not too mention that it's the SAME OL' tiring thing that we have seen thousands and thousands of times in this show and Seth needs to stop doing that which is...... Brian finds someone who is hot, he neglects Stewie or whoever he helps, she turns out to have a boyfriend in the end, and blah blah blah. Stop putting that Seth MacFarlane and can you please make Brian stop being a jerk and actually be a wise and caring dog like he was in the earlier seasons. I also didn't like how Brian only called on the cops on that woman just because she had another boyfriend. He neglected Stewie and didn't care about the other babies so I really lost even more respect for him just for doing that. I laughed a couple of times in the subplot and that's it. Now back to the main plot, I laughed at so many parts that made me laugh hard such as Billy Fin constantly making those puns or jokes, Peter calling Carter and then Carter asking "What? Was that mercedes?" when Peter shaked it on the phone, Joe (dressed up as King Neptune) floating down in the background of the sea while Peter and Billy were talking, and some more. I also thought the fact that they made us read a cutaway near the beginning of the episode was very clever. Overall, despite the Brian/Stewie plot (mainly because Brian is once again a jerk), this was a superb episode of "Family Guy" and it's much better than the previous few episodes. 9/10