Family Guy

Brian in Love

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 07, 2000 on FOX

• Brian thinks he is in love with Lois while Stewie try to get potty trained

Lois suspects Stewie is the one creating all the pee stains around the house, so she decides to potty-train him. When an incident in the supermarket reveals that Brian is the one responsible, he goes to see a therapist. Brian finds out that his love of Lois is causing his accidents, so he decides to confront her. I think this episode was hilarious. This is the first episode to a Brian falling in love plot and I must admit that storyline got a bit tiring after 3 episodes after like this. I think the worst Brian dating episode was "Brian's Got a Brand New Bag" because I did not laughed at all at his maybe twice. Anyways, let's focus on this episode. It was hilarious from start to finish. I laughed at a bunch of parts such as the Bob Barker part (then Brian said "Oh, just die already"), Stewie peeing the carpets, the opening, the Jetsons, "Holy crap, you can talk!", most of the cutaways, and more. Overall, a very funny episode of Family Guy. 10/10
  • Not in anyway a terrible episode.

Brian In Love was a very entertaining episode for what it was.
  • Ugh.

1.5

I am sick of Brian being in love in every damn episode with him.

Can't he start being in love with his own species? Jeez.

Overall, I didn't like this episode that much at all.

1.5/10

• Awesome episode!

This is quite simply, the best it can get for Family Guy. It was just so good and I was hooked and staring at the TV in the first five minutes. One of my fave episodes in the series. Stewie peeing everywhere and blaming it on Brian was hilarious. Brian\'s secret love for Lois... extremely unexpected. Great episode. Hope they will make more episodes like this one.
  • Perfect episode

Brian starts peeing everywhere, and lois wants to potty train him. He even urinates in the supermarket. He decides to see a therapist to figure out why he keeps buying. He figures out its because hes in love with lois. Brian cant tell anyone, because Peter is his bestfriend, but he confronts it with Lois.

This was a perfect episode. I loved seeing Snoopy in that dream Brian had. i also loved seeing Stewie peeing everywhere so he can get Brian in trouble. There were also ALOT of funny flashbacks in this episode, and i cant even remember them all.

Overall Grade: 100%/A+
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the show family guy lois thinks stouie is making all the pee stains around the house and she decied to potie train him . thing is at the supermarket they find out it was brian and so he goes and sees a theripist to figure out the situation and it turns out he is in love with louis and that is the problem why he is doing it. and so he comes back and turns out stouie decides to do it all over the house to get them think its brian. this wa funny ep and so brian goes to confront louis about it. such a good ep
  • Wonderful...

This episode in my opinion was an excellent example of why people watch this show.
    Brian in love with Lois, who could have thought. Brian urinating in the supermarket, rofl.
    It was just hilarious like all other episodes. I can't get over how much I love those flashbacks, man they're homorous. Like my opinion states: "Revealing" and that's because it was. We learned more about Brian's past and his life up to this point. One of the most lovable characters on the show. Then Stewie, hilarious baby. The kid can't stop causing trouble in the griffin's household. Brian is a true favorite, and it leads us back to... "A Talking dog!".
    Very great episode...
  • This epsidoe marks the start of Brians love life troubles and starts a running series storyline about Brians love for Lois

This epsidoe marks the start of Brians love life troubles and starts a running series storyline about Brians love for Lois.
    Lois is upset that Stewie has wet the carpet in the living room. Stewie emphatically denies this, but Lois and Peter are convinced that it's a sign that Stewie is ready to potty train. However, it's actually Brian who's wetting the house, and he tries to clean up another accident that night.

After a failed attempt by Peter at getting Stewie to use the toilet, the family goes to the supermarket to buy groceries. In the checkout line, Brian has another accident, revealing that Stewie (much to his own delight) is innocent. This leads to Brian going to see Dr. Kaplan, a psychiatrist. The doctor decides Brian is having a mid-life crisis, so Brian goes traveling and exploring.

Brian feels better, but shortly after returning, Stewie gets revenge and frames Brian by peeing all over the living room. Brian (who believes he has done it himself, albeit claiming he never remembered doing it) is blamed and returns to Dr. Kaplan to find out why this is still happening. After revealing that his last accident happened after watching Lois and Peter have a water fight while washing the car, Dr. Kaplan tells Brian that he is in love with Lois. Brian and Lois by themselvesBrian and Lois discuss the situation and decide to just remain friends. Peter, who is unaware that Brian's love is Lois, conjectures that Brian's beloved would "probably end up with some idiot." Iloved the Jetson gag,the Mister Rogers' Neighborhood gag, and the scene were Brian tells Dr. Kaplan about a dream parodying the 1976 science fiction film Logan's Run, in which the "Sandmen" kill all people at age 30 as means of population control. In the dream, Brian tries to distract the Sandmen by pointing out Peanuts character Snoopy, who's "got to be in his fifties". Also, the overhead speakers in the film play the Air Supply song "All Out of Love".
  • Good Episode!!!! However, not the cream of the crop of all of Family Guy.

When mysterious stains appear on the Griffins' carpet, they assume it's Stewie. But when Brian finally confesses that he made the mess, Lois encourages him to seek therapy. In an attempt to end his uncontrollable problem, Brian tours the world in search of himself. But nothing prepares him for what he discovers: he's in love with his best friend's wife. Good episode... Very funny at many times in the episode... No reason to give this episode a horrible review, but it is certainly not the cream of the crop of Family guy. If you want to see a good episode watch this one, but don't pick this episode to represent Family Guy.
  • Good episode

I really like the episode of Family Guy, Brian In Love. It was very well written in my opinion. I think that Stewie and Brian were very funny in this episode. I loved the over all story line about Brian being in love with Lois. And I thought that it was very funny at the end of the episode where Peter is oblivious to everything! "Oh well she probably ended up with some idiot." Ha ha poor Peter. Anyways I really liked the plot and dialogue in this episode. It is a very fine example of why I watch this series.
  • Brian Loves Lois, Brian Loves Lois!!

7.6
    This is the first episode to not just hint at Brian's series long crush on Lois, but it actually does a whole episode around it. This is truly great. I find this episode actually has a believable story and is kinda heartwarming, if only Family Guy could do a few and I said a FEW more like this, these are the types of episodes I miss and I mean I really miss them, even though I never lost them, they're just not making any more like this. Lousy FOX brining the show back. Maybe they just should've left it where it was and we would still have the episodes with their edge intact. God I hate you FOX!!!!!!!
  • I loved this episode.

OK,this is the very first episode of Family Guy i saw and it was also the first episode to air on Adult Swim in the USA pretty weird is'nt it? I loved the Mr.Rogers segment it was funny Stewie destroys the neighbourhood but wakes up to find it's a bad dream. When someone is peeing all over the carpet Lois thinks it's Stewie but they soon find out it's Brian so Brian goes to see a therapist to tell what his problem his. Overall,a great episode also the very first ep of FG i have seen and i have to say this was a great episode.
  • brian falls in love.....with lois

6.3
    Brian has a problem he can't explain.....he keeps peeing accidently in random places. he tries to frame stewie and stewie is almost forced to start otty training but he fights against it and wins of corse, and while the family is out shopping Brian can't hold it and pee's himself in front of everyone. In order to try and stop Brian's little problem lois and peter send Brian to a therapist. After going around the world and coming back Brian thinks he is all better. Bbut stewie who thinks its funny about Brian decides to frame him so he goes around the room peeing everywhere and screams to lois that Brian has done it again, So Brian goes back to the Therapist only to find out he is deeply in love with lois, after flirting with lois for a couple pf days both lois and him decide to just be good friends. This episode was pretty good but not the best i have ever seen of family guy but i still LOVE it!!
  • This is a sweet episode.

This isn't one of my favorite episodes, but it's still really good. Brian loves Lois.

Stewie is peeing everywhere. On the coach, the floor, everywhere. Lois thinks they should potty train him. Peter gets a book and tries to potty train Stewie, but he wouldn't listen. Then they go to the store and Brian starts peeing everywhere. He admits that he's the one who was peeing all over the house. He can't control it. He goes to a therapist. The therapist says that he should do everything that he wants to do. He travels to a bunch of places and has fun, but he is still peeing. Then the therapist suggests that he might be in love. Brian says that there is no one that he likes that way. Then he starts talking about Lois. The therapist says that he might be in love with Lois. Brian disagree's, but then thinks about it a little. He talks to Lois about it and she says they should just be friends.

I give this episode a 9.1 out of 10.
  • OK!

This episode was alright, finally Brian discovers that the reason because he is peeing on the floor is because he is in love with Lois, which makes awkward moments every time he is with her, and in the end we seem to see Brian fooling Lois, but it turns out that both of them knew about each other that knew. Well, I think that this episode was cool, and that it was OK, really cool!
  • Oh my god! You can talk!

This episode is great from start to finish with Peter's quote "To hell with her, she'll probably end up with some idiot" and then proceeds to miss ten easy shots in a row.

This episode is the first episode that explores the relationship between Lois and Brian and is very entertaining for other reasons aswell, such as Stewie framing Brian which confuses him even more.

There aren't really any moments that weren't extremely funny which really makes this episode great with cutaways such as Peter bugging Lois with the hose, her somehow going from frustrated to excited.

Overall, a great Brian plot with well written scenes.
  • Brian In Love. Title could've been better.

Well like a said title couldve been better.
    I got nothin else to say so

aaaaaaaaaaag kgajoiejgoiajlgk oi ilaoig oi jgaoijgoiasej goiajoi aio ai oi oi oi aoigjoi jaioeoij oi oij oiajoijeiogj oiajgliej oi oi oiaj oiajiogjaoi joi oi oijgoaisjdoiaaaaaaaaaaag kgajoiejgoiajlgk oi ilaoig oi jgaoijgoiasej goiajoi aio ai oi oi oi aoigjoi jaioeoij oi oij oiajoijeiogj oiajgliej oi oi oiaj oiajiogjaoi joi oi oijgoaisjdoiaaaaaaaaaaag kgajoiejgoiajlgk oi ilaoig oi jgaoijgoiasej goiajoi aio ai oi oi oi aoigjoi jaioeoij oi oij oiajoijeiogj oiajgliej oi oi oiaj oiajiogjaoi joi oi oijgoaisjdoiaaaaaaaaaaag kgajoiejgoiajlgk oi ilaoig oi jgaoijgoiasej goiajoi aio ai oi oi oi aoigjoi jaioeoij oi oij oiajoijeiogj oiajgliej oi oi oiaj oiajiogjaoi joi oi oijgoaisjdoi
  • This was a good episode of Family Guy.

This was a good episode of Family Guy. It wasn't the best but it had some very funny parts. I would recommend this to anyone who likes Family Guy.

Worth watching and is an entertaining episode. I like Stewie and Brian in this episode. Above average overall, as good as most.