Family Guy

Burning Down the Bayit

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 04, 2012 on FOX

6.2
  • Its funny watching kids die

Warning, contains some spoilers.

It is so funny to see a school bus filled with kids plumet into the ocean and its so funny when all the kids die. right? That whole scene...and how they show the kids being dragged onto shore, dead. I can only hope the writers were not in a fit of laughter when they wrote this. like " haha we will have the school bus hahha go off the cliff hahahhaha" hilarious. normally that stuff doesnt bother me but they took it too far this time. and they have been doing it more and more, killing hundreds or thousands in an attempt to make a joke. those are not jokes, they arent amusing or funny.
  • Peter and Quagmire help Mort save his pharmacy

Overwhelmed with financial troubles, Mort asks Peter and Quagmire to help him save his pharmacy. However, things take a turn for the worse when the trio decides to burn it down to collect insurance money. I thought that this is one of the most genius and awesome storylines of "Family Guy" that I have ever seen this season. Although, I usually focus more on the humor in this show. I actually focused more on the storyline in this episode because it was well written and it was handled very well which impressed me. I honestly didn't expect to give this episode a 10... maybe like a 8.5 or 9 or possibly lower depending how dragged the episode was but NOOOOO... it gets a PERFECT score from me. This episode did have one or two long scenes but I can easily ignore that since it really didn't bug me unlike the other long scenes that this season has gotten. Hopefully Seth realizes that viewers like us don't like long scenes. Anyways, I really loved the storyline to this episode... it was magnificent in every way. I loved how Peter and Quagmire was helping Mort save his pharmacy. I loved the scene with Peter, Quagmire, and Mort burning down the pharmacy which was awesome and I loved that Mort finally gets an episode after such a while. As for the humor, a few of them were a MISS but most of them were a HIT in my opinion. The parts that made me laugh were the cutaway with Joe at the handicapped Cher impersonator concert, the gross out gag with Brian's bone going into Quagmire's head and a piece Quagmire's brain coming out (I know it's a little too much but it's "Family Guy", what do you expect?), The Beatles cutaway, the scene with Peter annoying Joe by texting him and then Joe gets so angry that he calls Peter, the brief scene with Lois and Bonnie at a club and then Lois says "Haha, Peter doesn't even know I'm here", the scene with Joe questioning Mort then Peter then Quagmire (I couldn't stop laughing at this part for some reason), and some more. I also enjoyed Joe's story near the end of the episode about the insurance company and how it's cheaper for him to be on a wheelchair. This episode also has a very true message which is "insurance companies are d-bags". The humor was very good in this episode while a few were a MISS but I can ignore that.... I mainly paid more attention to the storyline though cause I love how it was handled. Overall, a perfect episode of "Family Guy" with very good humor with the exception of a few being a MISS, very good storyline, and a true message. 10/10
  • Killing a bus load of high school kids is funny. NOT!!!!

This had a great plot but it was ruined by thinking killing people is funny. It's not funny. It's sick. When you wished upon a Weinstien was better because it didn't go overboard on the Jewish stereotypes. They pushed it here. I did show sympathy for Mort but I couldn't tolerate Peter and how he treated Joe.
  • More Mort please

A fairly solid episode. Some really good moments this week.

I know its probably wrong to laugh at the jewish stereotype jokes, but they do make me giggle. I feel redeemed because I love Mort as a character, and thought this episode was stronger for having him involved.

Couple of weak points, the ending being one. I dont know if I remember other family guy seasons wrongly, but I remember them always having stronger endings that of late. It sometimes seems to just. . cut off.

But all in all, a pretty good week for family guy.
  • Mort,Peter e Quagmire alla riscossa!

Mort,Peter e Quagmire in missione per salvare la farmacia.
  • family guy burning down the bayit

this was a funny episode of family guy it did have some gross but funny parts like the steak bone getting stuck in quagmire's head and peter pulls it out and a piece of his brain comes out also the scene when quagmire is in that bubble when peter is trying to relax him and quagmire says peter this is making it worse and the scene when peter is texting joe that was pretty funny as well
  • Mort, Peter, and Quagmire burn down the pharmacy

Overwhelmed with financial troubles, Mort asks Peter and Quagmire to help him save his pharmacy. However, things take a turn for the worse when the trio decides to burn it down to collect insurance money. I thought this episode was great. It is not my favorite episode since there were a few boring parts. Also, Quagmire bleeding after Brian was very creepy... I laughed/liked Stewie telling Brian something at the very beginning, the raccoon impersonator, Joe at the handicapped place, Mort singing on the PA, "Buy one, get one free," the conveylt belt getting faster, Quagmire flying down to see a woman and said "Alright," (great to see that line again...it's been a long time) the Goldman Pharmacy banner on the bus and it crashed, one of the tweets' comment, Peter, Quagmire, and Mort burning down the pharmacy, Bealtes cutaway, Quagmire looking at the mirror then a live action man appeared, Quagmire on the bubble, Peter calling Joe, then he text message him, a man that looks like Mort appear, Peter doing funny stuffs to Joe, Joe telling the story when he got handicapped, and that's all. Overall, a superb episode. 9/10
  • Burning Down the Bayit

Not bad. That's the theme for the vast majority of Family Guy episodes this season, but obviously the goal is to be good, and not not bad.

Them not understanding Joe's dismissal of the evidence was good, as was the return of Mort saying "this is not a library" but a lot of Peter's antics were lost on me tonight. And not nearly enough Stewie.